Options

Just got home. FUCK THIS

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited March 2008 in The Porch
UNREAL. ANOTHER east coast tour? WTF????????????????????????????????

Sickening

Great!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    So Florida and South Carolina are in the North now? I'm confused.

Regardless, haven't you ever seen the movie "Planes, trains and automobiles"?
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    more shows comin'....
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    more shows comin'....

exactly.

by the way, to the magellan who started this thread: florida, south carolina, tennessee, virginia, and washington dc are all in the south.
  • Options
    more shows comin'....

Says who? I won't be flyin or driving 800 miles or more to see them with gas and plane tickets JACKED for the summer.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    exactly.

by the way, to the magellan who started this thread: florida, south carolina, tennessee, virginia, and washington dc are all in the south.

that is correct.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    exactly.

You had me until DC. I've never heard DC referred to as the South.

Anyway, I feel some September dates coming in the REAL south, he he. I will reserve anger until that is squashed.
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:

Anyway, I feel some September dates coming in the REAL south, he he. I will reserve anger until that is squashed.

Then again, I guess you can consider Kentucky in the midwest then.

Owell, more shows I can't attend. Gas/Plane tix will be JACKED this summer.

Owell. HAVE FUN!
  • Options
    Says who? I won't be flyin or driving 800 miles or more to see them with gas and plane tickets JACKED for the summer.

Just drive it dude. So you spend an extra $50 to get there because gas is $3.50 instead of parity price. Who fucking cares? It shouldn't be a stumbling block because its the greatest live show on fucking earth!!!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:

DC is south of the Mason-Dixon Line which is the traditional border between the North and the South. DC is in the South.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428

Fuck the east coast. Guess ole PJ in return says FUCK THE SOUTH!

Great!

wow--cranky pants!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    exactly.

Washington DC is in the south????
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    Washington DC is in the south????

Yup. See my post above re: the Mason-Dixon Line. DC is in the South, people. Check your geography books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason-Dixon_line
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    There will be another leg. They is a pending Dallas date for Sept 25, and that is the night before the big ACL weekend in Austin. There will be more shows announced with ACL eventually we just got to be patient. IF pj takes the Sunday night headline slot at ACL, that leaves another Texas date open for Fri or Sat. I believe the "headliner" always plays Sunday. The 2nd leg excluding ACL, could be the rumored shows with AIC.
    It will all work out. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    There will be another leg. They is a pending Dallas date for Sept 25, and that is the night before the big ACL weekend in Austin. There will be more shows announced with ACL eventually we just got to be patient. IF pj takes the Sunday night headline slot at ACL, that leaves another Texas date open for Fri or Sat. I believe the "headliner" always plays Sunday. The 2nd leg excluding ACL, could be the rumored shows with AIC.
    It will all work out. :)

Hope you're right! Another east coast tour just makes me throw up a little in my mouth!
    In addition, I'm a huge fan. While I haven't seen them 50 times or more like most on here, 15 times is a good amount. I just can't justify driving 610 miles to the closest show (Minus bonnaroo)

I'll hang on and see how it shakes out I guess
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

Sickening

Great!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Kz7YUdy-Cg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    yep i'll be staying around home too this summer. just heard on the radio that plane tickets are expected to take a severe hike. possibly double
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options

Says the putz that gets about 4 shows within a rocks throw.

STFU!
  • Options
    Wow they really do hate the south don't they! Maybe they'll start playing the south once Bush is out of office and a Democrat gets back into office. Sucks for you guys.
  • Options
    Wow they really do hate the south don't they! Maybe they'll start playing the south once Bush is out of office and a Democrat gets back into office. Sucks for you guys.

Yes, if by "hate the south" you mean "are playing 6 concerts in the south."
  • Options
    Yes, if by "hate the south" you mean "are playing 6 concerts in the south."

Nevermind...
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    As a life-long southerner, I'm willing to give Washington, D.C. to anybody for about 40 acres of farmland and freshly-made banana puddin'.

You hear me DC? We don't want you! ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Yup. See my post above re: the Mason-Dixon Line. DC is in the South, people. Check your geography books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason-Dixon_line

Dang you folks are fancy .......I just listen fer the banjos to know Im in the south! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Says the putz that gets about 4 shows within a rocks throw.

STFU!

hahaha sucks doesn't it?

seriously though, I was sympathetic for everyone who missed out on the 2006 tour because of this. and I feel sorry for people this time around (if these are the only US dates). but all the whining doesn't help anything.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hahaha sucks doesn't it?

seriously though, I was sympathetic for everyone who missed out on the 2006 tour because of this. and I feel sorry for people this time around (if these are the only US dates). but all the whining doesn't help anything.

Of course it doesn't "HELP" anything but hell, since this is a place to rejoice AND vent, thought I'd let it out!

Other cities that they could play...

INDY
    Cincy
    Nashville
    Louisville
    St. Louis
    Chicago
    Alpine Valley

Just sayin... And don't think that some more like me aren't bent!
    Again, I'll pass. I'll wait and see if they EVER get close again. If not, owell!

I guess i'm just not "Diehard" enough to drive the 600 miles or so. Not my thang!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    why cant people accept this for what it is

a few dates around bonaroo with a nod to the south and shows in the places where they have always had a strong fan base and done shows.

Im missing an entire EV tour, do you hear me swearing?

be psyched the band is out again without a new record and less than one year since lolla
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Im missing an entire EV tour, do you hear me swearing?

Hell I'm missing his entire tour too and DEFINITELY not swearing about that.
  • Options
    As someone from the South, DC may be south of the Mason-Dixon line, but it is definitely not considered part of the Southern region, culturally or geographically. It and Maryland essentially the cutoff point

Anyway, I really hope there's a second leg that includes Atlanta. I've waited five years and was very excited earlier, until I realized that June 16th is the day I'm planning to take the LSAT. I may decide to take the Oct. 4th one instead, but I've kinda set up all my senior year plans around taking it in June. Nothing PJ did upset me, I'm stoked they're coming back, just a whole bunch of really bad coincidences have really bummed me out
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    I'm in Louisville too, kind of annoyed, but what can you do? It looks like they left room for a second leg.
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    The negativity that ALWAYS permeates this board is pathetic.

As said numerous times on here already, and as one could probably figure out just by having half a brain's worth of common sense related to how PJ has operated since at least post-'03 ...

this is just the first leg folks.
    PJ aren't going to play summer, and NOT play fall.

Suck it up,
    put on your big boy\girl panties,
    rub some dirt on it,
    and get back in the fucking game.

wipe of your tears,
    cry babies.

Of COURSE they are going to start off with the big $$$ maker dates, you don't start off a tour by going in to debt to play for half empty arenas in the middle of nowhere.

:rolleyes:

Here are some words of love, kindness and 10C wisdom that were given to me by Lady Ms. Wight at the 10c window one year, that i will pass on to you now:

"Everything is OK. You're going to be just fine.'
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    randymarsh wrote:
    As someone from the South, DC may be south of the Mason-Dixon line, but it is definitely not considered part of the Southern region, culturally or geographically. It and Maryland essentially the cutoff point.

Maybe they should work on those geography classes in Georgia.