Chipotle... How I Love Thee

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    mookie9999 wrote:
    RIP :(

jerky french rest. everytime i walk by not a person in it
  • mca47 wrote:
    That is 100% true.

Um no... it is 100% false... they used to own Chipotle, they don't anymore.

Chipotle was started in Denver by an individual, McDonald's purchased his business and took it nationwide.

How do I know this? My best friend's dad gave this guy the seed money to get his restaurant off the ground. He now owns a couple lambos and a ferarri. :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    jerky french rest. everytime i walk by not a person in it

I would always get something different and my gf would always get the spinach burrito. I would eat mine and half of hers! So tasty!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    intodeep wrote:
    I actually like Qudoba & Moes better.

although all three are the basically the same.

Must not be too many southerners in on this thread. If there were, Moe's would be getting a lot more love.

It's mostly a college-town franchise, from what I can tell. But I love the fact that we have three of them in Tallahassee. The sense of humor and good music push it over the top for me.

http://moes.com

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    sounds delicious.

i'll take one leatherface burrito please ;)

Well this thread inspired me to go there yesterday for lunch. So I had a leatherface burrito, sans tortilla. I believe that would make it a face bowl.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    speaking of which...hmmnnnn its been 1 week
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    Must not be too many southerners in on this thread. If there were, Moe's would be getting a lot more love.

It's mostly a college-town franchise, from what I can tell. But I love the fact that we have three of them in Tallahassee. The sense of humor and good music push it over the top for me.

http://moes.com

We've got a couple of those up here in Michigan... I wasn't terribly impressed. Solid 5.5 out of 10, IMO.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I love Chipolte but a lot of people around here prefer Freebirds. Personally I hate that place but a lot of people love it. I don't really see either one as Mexican food. We have a lot of the good stuff around here but I still eat at Chipolte at least twice a week.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    how do you pronounce 'chipotle'? can someone phonetically expound it for me..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    dunkman wrote:
    how do you pronounce 'chipotle'? can someone phonetically expound it for me..

\chə-ˈpōt-lā, chē-, -ˈpȯt-, -lē\

Either way.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    i just opened my bad ass up

EVERYONE LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    TrixieCat wrote:

Either way.

any chance you could post that in English?

i was hoping more for a tor-tee-ah type one :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Chi Pole Tee
  • no its chip-oat-lay

its spanish
    no its chip-oat-lay

its spanish

same difference lol
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    La Bamba is pretty good, but it has absolutely nothing on Chipotle.

La Bamba was THE BEST drunk food in college, though! :D

We have Chipotle out here, but not La Bamba. Whenever I go to Chicago, I make it a point to stop by La Bamba and various pizza joints as much as possible. On the other hand, I've been to Chipotle a couple of times out here and thought it was pretty standard... no way near as good as any of the authentic mexican stands.

What I'm saying is that if I were in the midwest, I would be going to La Bamba over Chipotle any day of the week!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    dunkman wrote:
    any chance you could post that in English?

i was hoping more for a tor-tee-ah type one :)
    Sorry...

Chi pote lay (i is pronounced like ick)

or

Chee pote lee
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Trailer wrote:
    We have Chipotle out here, but not La Bamba. Whenever I go to Chicago, I make it a point to stop by La Bamba and various pizza joints as much as possible. On the other hand, I've been to Chipotle a couple of times out here and thought it was pretty standard... no way near as good as any of the authentic mexican stands.

What I'm saying is that if I were in the midwest, I would be going to La Bamba over Chipotle any day of the week!!

The La Bamba fan club in AET is now 3 strong... :D. Welcome aboard.
    since we're on the mexican kick

im into burrito bowls now
  • Hell Yaaaa
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    One just opened not far from me

Havent tried their food yet

I have had Baja Fresh which is pretty good for Burritos
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    One just opened not far from me

Havent tried their food yet

I have had Baja Fresh which is pretty good for Burritos

It's lunch time. Get your ass over there! :D
  • Do they do good quesadillas?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    such simple food and yet they make it taste like a little slice of heaven
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    It's lunch time. Get your ass over there! :D

I knew you would give me hell !!
    :D:p

Maybe this week I will go

How many times have you been there ????
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Chipotle is good, but it lacks the spicey red sauce and gooey cheese....its more of a tame sort of Mexican food.

In L.A, we have some great indie places....Tito's Tacos, Campo's Burritos, El Coyote', as well as the thousands of taco trucks that roam around all day/night.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Chipotle is good, but it lacks the spicey red sauce and gooey cheese....its more of a tame sort of Mexican food.

In L.A, we have some great indie places....Tito's Tacos, Campo's Burritos, El Coyote', as well as the thousands of taco trucks that roam around all day/night.

This is true....Kind Taco....and a million mom and pop places that are SOOO good but still, Chipotle has a place and it's gooooooooood!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've had it once and I would rather lick a dog's ass than eat this garbage again.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    last time i had it...i had fire coming out of my ass and not in a good way
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    its been awhile
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......