Options

Mosquito bites

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186

You don't have any idea what Pearl Jam is about, do you? I'm just sayin'. Anybody who knows anything about this band should not be surprised AT ALL that this girl got the reaction that she did.

And did you say Ed's comment was sexist? If anything, Ed's comments were feminist. He was telling the girl she should have more self-respect than that.

Also, why are we getting irate over something that happened six years ago? Why don't we start an eight-page thread about how we can't believe they kicked Dave A out of the band? Now THERE'S a guy who would have loved some flashing titties!

Hmmm....... In fact, I'm sure I have a pretty good handle on what PJ is about. Seing how I've been a fan since "Ten" was released, I'm pretty positive I haven't missed much.

Would I have been surprised if Ed told the girl that "flashing boobs" wasn't what the band wanted, and that she should have more respect for herself? No, that wouldn't surprise me. What DID surprise me was that Ed decided to take the low road, and use the girls small chest as a way to get his point across. Ed is a pretty articulate man, so yeah....this wasn't his finest moment.

While I do belive that Ed is a feminist at heart, I also believe that he made a stupid, sexist remark in the heat of the moment. You could try and convince me all day long that referring to a woman's breasts as "mosquito bites" is a feminist move, but I'm not buying. I seem to recall that being a pretty popular insult around 5th grade, and none of those kids were feminist advocates.

And what in the HELL does Dave A. have to do with this conversation. OH!!! WAIT!!!!! Ed doesn't like him. Now it makes sense......... :roll:

I like you.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    sagapo1 wrote:

I like you.

:lol: Thanks. :lol:
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    lostdogs77lostdogs77 Posts: 93
    Too bad this young lady wasn't well endowed. Then everyone could get some
    sleep at night. :shock:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    did she have 2 or 3 mosquito bites? :shock:
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762

You don't have any idea what Pearl Jam is about, do you? I'm just sayin'. Anybody who knows anything about this band should not be surprised AT ALL that this girl got the reaction that she did.

And did you say Ed's comment was sexist? If anything, Ed's comments were feminist. He was telling the girl she should have more self-respect than that.

Also, why are we getting irate over something that happened six years ago? Why don't we start an eight-page thread about how we can't believe they kicked Dave A out of the band? Now THERE'S a guy who would have loved some flashing titties!

Hmmm....... In fact, I'm sure I have a pretty good handle on what PJ is about. Seing how I've been a fan since "Ten" was released, I'm pretty positive I haven't missed much.

Would I have been surprised if Ed told the girl that "flashing boobs" wasn't what the band wanted, and that she should have more respect for herself? No, that wouldn't surprise me. What DID surprise me was that Ed decided to take the low road, and use the girls small chest as a way to get his point across. Ed is a pretty articulate man, so yeah....this wasn't his finest moment.

While I do belive that Ed is a feminist at heart, I also believe that he made a stupid, sexist remark in the heat of the moment. You could try and convince me all day long that referring to a woman's breasts as "mosquito bites" is a feminist move, but I'm not buying. I seem to recall that being a pretty popular insult around 5th grade, and none of those kids were feminist advocates.

And what in the HELL does Dave A. have to do with this conversation. OH!!! WAIT!!!!! Ed doesn't like him. Now it makes sense......... :roll:

What Dave A has to do with anything is that he's old news, too. I was wondering why all of a sudden we were up in arms about the Mosquito Bites Show SIX years later. Like it just happened or something.

But since we're talking about it, six years later, my knee-jerk reaction still stands: If you're confident enough to show your boobs to 20,000 people, I don't see how anything I (or some rock star) says about you could possibly embarrass you. You are beyond embarrassment at that point.

So, no, I don't really feel sorry for this chick. It has nothing to do with Ed Vedder or whatever.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do