Options

Mosquito bites

Comments

• Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I think it was all pretty sinister ..... i mean, she couldnt have been the first girl to ever do that at one of their shows... then again, maybe he felt it was disrespectful to the bands significant others and such.... who knows.
    Well, i guess it's not about he felt it was direspectful. It really was! But still it doesn't defend him...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    That was really funny til Ed said the last thing about the shit. It was unnecessary and it spoiled the humour, but Eddie's not to be taken too serious at times especially when drunk...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    You people have no fucking sense of humor.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    JWBusher wrote:
    You people have no fucking sense of humor.

specific much? :P
  • Options
    Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Vote!
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    I mean ed is right..... the whole "fucking girls gone wild bullshit" does need to stop!

I do feel bad for the girl though. I mean at the end of the day, she was just trying to show her ya yas to pearl jam. Im just saying I can think of way worse things to flash your boobies at.

"I like to shit on little girl's heads" is still one of the ruffest setences i have ever heard to this date haha ... tis why it rocks

You just agree because it's Ed get off of it
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    xkevvx wrote:
    I don't think so. At Philly in '05 he said something about how he couldn't wait to play this state again to see if that girl would show up and show her mosquito bites again.

"We added some shows in Atlantic City and then we decided to add this one even before it or somethin, yeah? But it was all on the strength of this one little girl that was in Hershey Pennsylvania. I was dyin to play this state again just to see if she could dare to show me her mosquito bites once again.....
    Ha ha ha!! They're bigger than hers! That gentleman there!"

--- Ed Vedder 10/3/05 Philadelphia
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    I'll say it again...diss the action, not the girl's appearance.

Beyond lame.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    "We added some shows in Atlantic City and then we decided to add this one even before it or somethin, yeah? But it was all on the strength of this one little girl that was in Hershey Pennsylvania. I was dyin to play this state again just to see if she could dare to show me her mosquito bites once again.....
    Ha ha ha!! They're bigger than hers! That gentleman there!"

--- Ed Vedder 10/3/05 Philadelphia

That's it!!! I was fucking cracking up when he said that. The dude that pulled his top up and actually showed him something...is the man.
  • Options
    I'll say it again...diss the action, not the girl's appearance.

Beyond lame.

Exactly. Ed & the flasher were equally pathetic that night.
  • Options
    As someone with small boobs, that pisses me off. I love that he hates the Girls Gone Wild crap and that he's calling her out on being an idiot for what she's doing, but I don't appreciate him making fun of girls for the size of their chest or any other aspect of appearance that people have no control over.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Nice try, pulling the voting out of the hat
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    that was a hilarious clip. You gotta wonder how he would have reacted if she had some big jumblies.
    Probably a rant about getting plastic surgery or something
    Recording Artist Coalition 2002, Irvine 6/2/03, Irvine 6/3/03, San Diego 6/5/03, San Diego 7/7/06, LA 7/9/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/01/09, LA 10/6/09, LA 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Seattle 12/6/13
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I was at this show 4th row center right next to this girl. My sister and i were pissed cuz she kept jumping in front of us to show her mosquito bites... anyway, it was one of the most memorable shows for us....and the moon was big and awesome behind the stadium...
  • Options
    Hey, fellows have you heard the news,
    The women in this town are being misused,

Hey, I wasn't there and she must have been annoying but EV could have corrected her behaviour in a kinder way. That being said, it's his stage and she was acting stupidly.
    Hold On
  • Options
    I'm going to have to agree with those who think this was hilarious. Acting like that in public is deserving of public ridicule.
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    That was really funny til Ed said the last thing about the shit. It was unnecessary and it spoiled the humour, but Eddie's not to be taken too serious at times especially when drunk...

tis the best part
  • Options
    Human Tide wrote:
    I'm going to have to agree with those who think this was hilarious. Acting like that in public is deserving of public ridicule.

Do you think it's ok that he made fun of her appearance rather than her actions?
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    As someone with small boobs, that pisses me off. I love that he hates the Girls Gone Wild crap and that he's calling her out on being an idiot for what she's doing, but I don't appreciate him making fun of girls for the size of their chest or any other aspect of appearance that people have no control over.

If she had huge knockers I'm sure he would have said something along the lines of "More than a mouthful is wasted." If you've listened to the boot, you can hear him telling her to knock it off at a few different points in the show-- in the middle of a song. The whole rant is based on the premise that PJ is a band like Motley Crue that would be interested in behavior like that, and the natural stereotype is that cock rock bands like big tits.
  • Options
    Do you think it's ok that he made fun of her appearance rather than her actions?

Yes. Her actions were shameful precisely because she was using her appearance in a completely inappropriate way. Now, if Ed had started making fun of her appearance in other respects (e.g. calling her overweight or ugly), I don't think that would have been ok. It was her choice to make that part of her anatomy the focus, and as a result I don't think it's out of line to make a joke about it. I'd say he was also justified in insulting her intelligence with the whole voting thing. She was an idiot for doing that and deserved the embarrassment. It would have been funnier if she actually had large breasts and Ed still gave the same insults.
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790

I don't think he was knocking small breasts in general, but rather the idea that a girl with such a small chest would be flashing him repeatedly at the concert. It's not like he said, "Hey look everyone. This girl in the front row has small boobs and check out this fat slob in section A."

His approach was questionable at best, but Ed should be allowed to have a moment here and there, especially considering that PJ had played for over 4 hours the night before in Boston.

And for the record, I was at a show in Camden 2000 where Ed kept fucking up Soon Forget and stopping the song. He said there were 2 girls in the front row that kept flashing him and it was very distracting (to a large round of applause from the crowd).
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    she now listens to nickelback fulltime

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

If you don't want to be made fun of, keep 'em covered up. I have NO problem with what he said. Seems like this incident has to have a thread about every 6 months, with predictable comments on both sides. The addition of the youtube vid. is enjoyable though!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    This still makes me laugh.
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    I was there. :lol: Weird vibe that night.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I think Ed lost the high ground with his final comment.

JMO.

But I still need to evaluate the entire situation and this video was not helpful.

I need a crowd shot.

:mrgreen:
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    nukeboot wrote:
    I think Ed lost the high ground with his final comment.

"I'm into much harder core stuff. I like to shit on little girls' heads."

Why would that offend you? It's pretty funny IMO.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    "I'm into much harder core stuff. I like to shit on little girls' heads."

Why would that offend you? It's pretty funny IMO.

I'm not here to judge you, no matter what you're in to.

:?
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Haha. I was standing behind this girl at the time she flashed the band. She was really annoying and flashed the band around 5 or 6 times. I was young and dumb and asked if I could see them :? and she said NO! HA. What a great show though. I still remember the full moon that was behind the crowd and huge!