Options

Obama & Oprah

13»

Comments

• Options
    Okay, so wha't the fucking business here? One nigger stands up for another nigger? Thats what your problem here? What about all the white people supporting white candidates? Are they racists to? Gosh, I thought we had passed this but you guys are evidently still living in the 1960s.

Seriously, what fuck is wrong with you? I don't think it's weird to support Obama in any way, especially as the Clintons already been to the house twice...

Edit: You gus make me sick and don't come bashing about me using "nigger" cuz I assume that's the word you would use. (Yeah I hate it as well).
  • Options
    Thecure wrote:
    and what about political experts? what are those. you mentioned both.

The economy topic isnt' enough...hmmm intersting. Tell me that when you can't buy a glass of milk for under $5, and gas prices are double what they are now. I can't understand people that are clueless to this, and actually question what I'm saying. It blows my mind. Point of reference I suppose.

You mean politicians and political analysts that actually talk about real issues...rather than than throwing around the old cliches "let's work together to make things better" "let's make good things happen" "let's work hard to improve the system" You see there are no specifics to their generalized sweeping statements. Just open ended bullshit to make you think they are your best choice. No specifics. It's all mindless lip service.

I'll like to hear the mainstream candidates talk about the hard facts of the matter just once. Ain't gonna see it, because they're just serving up more of the same old stuff.

same old... same old...mmm ...how's it taste?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    Jackieboy wrote:
    Okay, so wha't the fucking business here? One nigger stands up for another nigger? Thats what your problem here? What about all the white people supporting white candidates? Are they racists to? Gosh, I thought we had passed this but you guys are evidently still living in the 1960s.

Seriously, what fuck is wrong with you? I don't think it's weird to support Obama in any way, especially as the Clintons already been to the house twice...

Edit: You gus make me sick and don't come bashing about me using "nigger" cuz I assume that's the word you would use. (Yeah I hate it as well).

Dats right JakeyBOY ....... just another kase of da man tryin to keep a brother down! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Jackieboy wrote:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/mamajerry/niggaplease8az.jpg
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    honestly, i think Oprah is being stupid and only supporting Obama because of race. and it might have a little bit to do with that there both from Chicago. It seems like Oprah would support Clinton but obviously not.
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Doodah972 wrote:
    It seems like Oprah would support Clinton but obviously not.

Why? Because they're both women? Thats just as stupid saying she only supports Obama because he's black.
    Fuckin' people baffle me.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    cornnifer wrote:
    Are you fucking kidding me!?

Oh yeah, i forgot about all those ringing endorsements Oprah gave to Al Sharpton and Alan Keyes. :rolleyes:

SHEESH!!

Those two guys had NO CHANCE IN HELL!

I think black people are actually ashame of Al Sharpton. Alan Keyes had no personality whatsoever and he was a black Republican.

...but I do think it's a bad idea for Oprah to endorse any candidate. Not sure if it'll backfire on her in the near future within her fanbase. We'll have to see.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    LongRd. wrote:
    ...but I do think it's a bad idea for Oprah to endorse any candidate. Not sure if it'll backfire on her in the near future within her fanbase. We'll have to see.

i really hope it does. oprah's agenda for a black america should blow up in her face. ever notice that in times of need she'll only help blacks? she's a black bigot calling whites bigots; even though they made her very rich.
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    You know. Until I read this thread, I had no idea Dr. Phil was black. Now I realize that, well, he has to be. Right?
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    RainDog wrote:
    You know. Until I read this thread, I had no idea Dr. Phil was black. Now I realize that, well, he has to be. Right?

don't get me wrong. she has no problem exploiting whites to make a buck. besides; i thought she wasn't talking to him anymore because he became successful.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

And I didn't know that America's Second Harvest, Habitat for Humanity, American Library Association, Camp Heartland and the countlesss other charities that she has given hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars too only cater to black people.

The list is here
    http://www.oprahsangelnetwork.org/oan/SearchOurWork

Yup, OLS was right... she hasn't lifted a finger to help white people.... :rolleyes:
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    It is funny how she had "Surgeon Doctor" Jan Adams on her show and made him a household name.

Now after Adams' malpractice procedure on Kanye West's mother went fatally wrong, Oprah is nowhere to be found. I don't think she has made a statement regarding that situation. Many women who had been operated on by Adams have now come out and tell the world this "doctor" is not really suitable for his position. Most of the women went to Adams because of Oprah.

Good lord, if any dirty secrets come out of Obama's closet, she'll be taking major heat.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    And I didn't know that America's Second Harvest, Habitat for Humanity, American Library Association, Camp Heartland and the countlesss other charities that she has given hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars too only cater to black people.

The list is here
    http://www.oprahsangelnetwork.org/oan/SearchOurWork

Yup, OLS was right... she hasn't lifted a finger to help white people.... :rolleyes:

Besides, God forbid a Black woman, in America, where Blacks have been historically shit on, held back, enslaved, jim crowed and oppresed, should become a gazillionaire and use her wealth and fame to help other Black folks.
    SHEESH!
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    810wmb810wmb Posts: 849
    cornnifer wrote:
    Besides, God forbid a Black woman, in America, where Blacks have been historically shit on, held back, enslaved, jim crowed and oppresed, should become a gazillionaire and use her wealth and fame to help other Black folks.
    SHEESH!

not since i've been alive, and i'm old

you know, i don't have to pay for a past that's not mine.

now it's just reverse discrimination
    i'm the meat, yer not...signed Capt Asshat
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Those two guys had NO CHANCE IN HELL!

I think black people are actually ashame of Al Sharpton. Alan Keyes had no personality whatsoever and he was a black Republican.

But they were Black though. Right? Oprah is just quick to endorse any ol' Black candidate right? i mean, from i what understand from reading the enlightened folks posting in this thread, a candidate's ideas have no influence on Oprah whatsoever. All that matters to her is melanin.

Oh, shit. Now you've gone and got me all confused. Let me get this straight. Oprah only endorses Obama because he's bright, refreshing, articulate, has good ideas and a legitimate shot at winning...

...and he's black. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Now i think i've got it. SHEESH!
  • Options
    810wmb wrote:
    not since i've been alive, and i'm old

you know, i don't have to pay for a past that's not mine.

now it's just reverse discrimination

First of all, you must not be that fucking old.
    Secondly, how the fuck does Oprah using her money to help underpriveledged Black folks mean that your paying for jackshit? i don't get that one.

Reverse discrimination?! Holy fuckin' sheesh.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    in America, where Blacks have been historically shit on, held back, enslaved, jim crowed and oppresed

how the fuck does this fit in with the big O supporting the little o? you brought up the past

sheesh? because of the past, we have laws that push blacks ahead of better qualified people of any color...i didn't own slaves, etc...why should i be punished?
  • Options
    810wmb wrote:
    sheesh? because of the past, we have laws that push blacks ahead of better qualified people of any color...i didn't own slaves, etc...why should i be punished?

exactly what laws do that?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    affirmative action, hate crimes, etc
  • Options
    810wmb wrote:
    how the fuck does this fit in with the big O supporting the little o? you brought up the past

Punished?! How the fuck does Oprah using her extreme wealth to help underpriveleged individuals Black or otherwise, equal a punishment for you? Furthermore, how does it equal affirmative action or a hate crime? Besides, affirmative action and hate crime legislation in absolutely no way "push blacks ahead of better qualified" white folks. For God's sake, Limbaugh, pop an oxycontin and turn it down a little bit. i'm afraid i have to call you out for running out of the baseline. Grab your glove and head back into the field.

Ya gotta love this board. Its the perfect forum for dipshits with a racially prejudiced upbringing to start a thread about Oprah Winfrey endorsing a presidential candidate and morph it into a rant about the reverse discrimination of affirmative action and hate crime legislation. Ya gotta love it.
    P.S
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Punished?! How the fuck does Oprah using her extreme wealth to help underpriveleged individuals Black or otherwise, equal a punishment for you? Furthermore, how does it equal affirmative action or a hate crime? Besides, affirmative action and hate crime legislation in absolutely no way "push blacks ahead of better qualified" white folks. For God's sake, Limbaugh, pop an oxycontin and turn it down a little bit. i'm afraid i have to call you out for running out of the baseline. Grab your glove and head back into the field.

Ya gotta love this board. Its the perfect forum for dipshits with a racially prejudiced upbringing to start a thread about Oprah Winfrey endorsing a presidential candidate and morph it into a rant about the reverse discrimination of affirmative action and hate crime legislation. Ya gotta love it.
    P.S

so yr calling me a dipshit, right?

i can get kicked off here for days at a time for that crap, while others just seem to slide on by

oh yeah, your are wrong as hell and a stupid goofball
  • Options
    ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    The economy topic isnt' enough...hmmm intersting. Tell me that when you can't buy a glass of milk for under $5, and gas prices are double what they are now. I can't understand people that are clueless to this, and actually question what I'm saying. It blows my mind. Point of reference I suppose.

You mean politicians and political analysts that actually talk about real issues...rather than than throwing around the old cliches "let's work together to make things better" "let's make good things happen" "let's work hard to improve the system" You see there are no specifics to their generalized sweeping statements. Just open ended bullshit to make you think they are your best choice. No specifics. It's all mindless lip service.

I'll like to hear the mainstream candidates talk about the hard facts of the matter just once. Ain't gonna see it, because they're just serving up more of the same old stuff.

same old... same old...mmm ...how's it taste?

where are you buying $5 glass of milk? secondly, even Ron Paul throws around cliches about working together for making things better. would you want a president who would say something liek the world if fucked and i can't do anything to fix it.
    i agree with you about how candidates (mainstream or not) don't talk about the hard facts. we live in a society that is fucked up that we need everything in 30 second segments. what we need is for the people to come in and say fuck this. now, i have to say that looking at the debates on both sides and from another country i think it is a joke. you have important issues such as the war, economy, immigration, health care, education all talked about in what 2 hours. these are major issues that need not 5 minutes but hours each to discuss.

now you ask how does it taste? not good but what can we as society do to fix it. this is not just an issue of voting for so-and-so this is an issue with how we live
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/TVNews/Articles/080807_oprah_delivered_voters_MH

As if you needed further evidence that Oprah Winfrey is a force to be reckoned with, a new study indicates that the talk show queen may have helped Barack Obama score more than a million votes.

According to the New York Post, two University of Maryland economists developed complex numerical formulas to calculate the influence of Winfrey’s star power.

Craig Garthwaite and Tim Moore based their findings on book sales, TV ratings, voter turnout and other factors. After analyzing these calibrations, they claim that Winfrey garnered 1,015,559 votes for Obama in the primaries.

"Winfrey is a celebrity of nearly unparalleled popularity," they state. "Her endorsement had a positive effect on the votes Obama received, increased the overall voter participation rate, and increased the number of contributions received by Obama.”

Winfrey formally endorsed the presidential candidate in May 2007, and analysts at the time wondered if O’s official stamp would boost Obama’s sway with voters. Now we know.

Of course, we’ve had inklings of the exact heft of her power before. The books she plugs in her book club become instant bestsellers and “Oprah’s Favorites” see huge boosts in sales (web hits for Ciao Bella blood orange sorbet went from 175,000 to 3 million in 2007).

After she devoted an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show to Mad Cow Disease in April 1996, claiming a guest's comments "just stopped me cold from eating another burger," cattle futures fell 10 per cent the next day.

A group of cattle ranchers unsuccessfully sued her for defamation, seeking $11 million in losses.

I wonder if former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will follow suit ...

Thoughts?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10