Options

Arab Hatred of Israel

13»

Comments

• Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Hey man, I'm with you. Problem is, these jack-offs are sitting on top of the industrialized world's life-blood. If we could ween ourselves off dinosour juice, we could get the fuck out and let them settle it however they'd like.

In the meantime - I'm siding with the guys that have the most tolerance for others..... any religous fundamentalist is a fucking blind, ignorant, waste of humanity.

At least Israel respects people's rights. Yeah, they are heavy handed on their oposition - but when those ass-clowns can get a grip, I'm sure Isreal would back off.

Palestitan officials, the PLO, Hamas - all of them have been laughable for the past 30 years.... just a bunch of jack-offs. I can't even begin to comprehend their position....
    \

Well as a citizen of Canada I would love to see the western world lessen our reliance off the juice...however until our laughable leaders decide to throw money at technology improvements instead of billions of war and weaponary we may be able to do that....however it will not happen soon because the rich just want to get richer....
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    \

Well as a citizen of Canada I would love to see the western world lessen our reliance off the juice...however until our laughable leaders decide to throw money at technology improvements instead of billions of war and weaponary we may be able to do that....however it will not happen soon because the rich just want to get richer....

Yep, it is sad but true.... fucking corporations have too much influence in our politics.

With recent changes in technology, politicians need millions upon millions of dollars to get re-elected... the have to pay for TV commercials, travel all over God's creation, etc... everytime they take a shit - somebody spreads it throughout the world. So now, these dudes have to pay out the ass to have an army of campaign supporters and workers to work all these different channels.....

Fuck all that. They need to set a monitary limit on campaigns. Big industry and corporate money - fucking corrept ass lobbyist - they all need to get the fuck out.

If we could do that, then we might be able to get more out of political process. might get some more honest guys/gals in office.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Yep, it is sad but true.... fucking corporations have too much influence in our politics.

With recent changes in technology, politicians need millions upon millions of dollars to get re-elected... the have to pay for TV commercials, travel all over God's creation, etc... everytime they take a shit - somebody spreads it throughout the world. So now, these dudes have to pay out the ass to have an army of campaign supporters and workers to work all these different channels.....

Fuck all that. They need to set a monitary limit on campaigns. Big industry and corporate money - fucking corrept ass lobbyist - they all need to get the fuck out.

If we could do that, then we might be able to get more out of political process. might get some more honest guys/gals in office.

I'm with you.....you said it all....I would like to see lobbying thrown right out the window.....leads to corruption.....
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    The funny thing is, they're all semites. even the arabs...that is, if you believe the Bible.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    jsand wrote:
    That's not the point of the statement - you're twisting it to suit your own needs. The point Friedman was making is that if the Palestinians used their money on building schools and a real infrastructure instead of using it to buy rockets and bomb belts they would be a hell of a lot closer to having their own state.

Not at all (not sure what you mean by my 'needs' - I was making a comment in a discussion). I personally believe in the idea of one state with Israelis and Palestinians living side by side working together, though I think I'm the only that does. In any case, I was agreeing with you on your comment about this statement by NCfan:
    But the Indian reaction was incredibly restrained. Why is that? You know, why don’t Indian Muslims, you know, get their buzz this way? Could it be because the richest man in India is a Muslim software entrepreneur? Could it be because the president of India is a Muslim? Could it be because there’s an Indian Muslim woman on the Indian Supreme Court? Could it be because the leading female movie star in India is a Muslim woman? You know, when people get their dignity from building things rather than confronting other people, it’s amazing what politics flows from that. And I think that’s something the Arab world also needs to be reflecting on now."
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008