Options

Arab Hatred of Israel

Comments

• Options
    I can agree with this to a point ... The thing is, there's a difference between civilians getting caught in the crossfire in some of these southern villages (especially when you've got Hizbollah using them as a shield), and bombing the absolute piss out of densely populated areas. Seriously, man. You kill people that don't care about Hizbollah, and then you've made their relatives into extremists. I know Israel has an uphill battle here, because they aren't fighting a conventional enemy. But at one point do you decide to throw morality out the window? The point at which you start to look like your enemy!

Dead on and reborn I believe this post really bridges a gap that the majority here are trying to say and the minority are not seeing....and currently they have "shat" on morality....and unfortunatly they may see future reprecussions that will spin the same ol' circle around again....
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    NCfan wrote:
    Agreed with all that. And I'd just like to add that Isreal is to blame for this change of attitude. I don't understand how people at the highest levels of government can't grasp that you cannot destroy Hezbollah militarily.

Israel made their point, and I think most of the world actually supported them initially. But the point has been made, and i doubt they can make it any clearer. It is obvious that they are not going to give Hezbollah a knock out blow, so just stop already.

Go home with resentment focused on Hezbollah not yourself, ya know? It's just a real shit storm over there.

well stated...
  • Options
    I can agree with this to a point ... The thing is, there's a difference between civilians getting caught in the crossfire in some of these southern villages (especially when you've got Hizbollah using them as a shield), and bombing the absolute piss out of densely populated areas. Seriously, man. You kill people that don't care about Hizbollah, and then you've made their relatives into extremists. I know Israel has an uphill battle here, because they aren't fighting a conventional enemy. But at one point do you decide to throw morality out the window? The point at which you start to look like your enemy!

great post...I really think you've hit the nail on the head, so to speak...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    This thread is racist :p

Arabs hate Israel? That sounds racist to me.

I guess maybe you shouldn't give them a reason to hate Israel.

Actually I haven't talked to an arab that hates Israel, I think this is stretching the truth to warrant genocide.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646

Morality hasn't been "thrown out the window." If it were, Israel would behave like its enemies and intentionally target civilians. If Israel wanted to, it could leven all of Lebanon. But it hasn't. I'd like to think that reasonable people are able to differentiate between terrorists and a sovereign state trying to defend its own citizens. Israel regrets the loss of innocent life on the other side - does Hezbollah (or Lebanon)?
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    I agree...then I would buy into the Israeli "warnings" better than after air raids of the cities....if they went in on foot they would have forced Hezbollah to meet them head on...cause the civilians would not fight...they could have had an easier, albeit still difficult, time in killing the real enemy....

They didn't do that because of all the landmines, booby traps, etc.... they would have had massive casualties with a head on assault on the ground.

They still didn't go about it the right way though.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    They didn't do that because of all the landmines, booby traps, etc.... they would have had massive casualties with a head on assault on the ground.

They still didn't go about it the right way though.

Well they are increasing the ground troops lately and I have not heard of one mine death....
  • Options
    Well they are increasing the ground troops lately and I have not heard of one mine death....

That's because they softened the areas where the ground troops are going through air strikes.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Morality hasn't been "thrown out the window." If it were, Israel would behave like its enemies and intentionally target civilians. If Israel wanted to, it could leven all of Lebanon. But it hasn't. I'd like to think that reasonable people are able to differentiate between terrorists and a sovereign state trying to defend its own citizens. Israel regrets the loss of innocent life on the other side - does Hezbollah (or Lebanon)?

Its been thrown in garbage more like it.....I would like to think reasonable people could differentiate on what type of force is acceptable and what is overkill...on top of that it wouldn't hurt to have some people realize that these over-kill attacks are aiding in the creation of more terrorism than what they are destroying...but then again intelligence isn't for everyone....
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

Apparently the Israeli engineers have done a bang-up job of clearing boodytraps and mines.
  • Options
    Its been thrown in garbage more like it.....I would like to think intelligent people could differentiate on what type of force is acceptable and what is overkill...on top of that it wouldn't hurt to have some people realize that these over-kill attacks are aiding in the creation of more terrorism than what they are destroying...but then again intelligence isn't for everyone....

Don't resort to leveling insults about intelligence (especially because I can guarantee that I'm smarter than you).
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Don't resort to leveling insults about intelligence (especially because I can guarantee that I'm smarter than you).

Bold statement coming from behind a computer screen...thanks for the laugh jsand....I would be so enlightend to be blessed with your mind-set....lol...
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

Gotta agree here. It wasn't so long ago that the world witnessed indiscriminate carpet bombing of entire cities... killing millions - literally. You've got the leader of Hezbollah ranting as if he was Adlof Junior about how it's the goal of his organization to iradicate Israel.

You have to give Israel some degree of moral gratitude, because it has this capability, yet it chooses to follow a more rightous strategy. And thought the world would cringe - it would also learn a big lesson.

These terrorist are taking advantage of the fact that the West is trying to wage a more civilized war - if that is possible.
  • Options
    Bold statement coming from behind a computer screen...thanks for the laugh jsand....I would be so enlightend to be blessed with your mind-set....lol...

...says the one who stated, "but then again intelligence isn't for everyone"
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

this guarantee you speak of....where is it...? could we see it...? I have to admit, I'm abuzz with excitement...
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Gotta agree here. It wasn't so long ago that the world witnessed indiscriminate carpet bombing of entire cities... killing millions - literally. You've got the leader of Hezbollah ranting as if he was Adlof Junior about how it's the goal of his organization to iradicate Israel.

You have to give Israel some degree of moral gratitude, because it has this capability, yet it chooses to follow a more rightous strategy. And thought the world would cringe - it would also learn a big lesson.

These terrorist are taking advantage of the fact that the West is trying to wage a more civilized war - if that is possible.

Actually, I DO agree. Israel could do much worse. This doesn't change my view (and yours, based on earlier posts) that they went about this particular battle the wrong way. The bombing blitz on Beirut and other cities has not hindered Hizbollah's capacity to launch attacks. Its the ground offensive that has banged them up bad. Airpower could have been used in a more tactical way, right near the fights with guerillas. There was no need to bomb the entire Lebanese infrastucture into ruin.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:

Exactly right. They use civilians to shield themselves and to win the public relations battle. The sad part is that so many people buy into it.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    ...says the one who stated, "but then again intelligence isn't for everyone"

I know......I believe the support of killing and trying to use excuses to justify the killing of innocent life is a barbairc and archaeic way of thinking....the failure to realize that these attacks will create more terrorists is in the same boat as Bush & Co. idealogy that Iraqis would welcome them with open arms and the failure to fathom the thought that an insurgency could develop....it will fail and more deaths will result on both sides of the border....
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I'm to the point where... Fuck you guys... Fuck both of fucking guys. You want to keep killing each other... have at it, assholes. Just leave us the fuck out of it.
    Enjoy your little killingfest and your tit for tat exchanges of death and destruction. We are no longer supporting Israel... you fucking guys are on your own. You fucking have nukes... use them, you sorry ass mother fuckers. And you fucking Arabs... fuck you guys. If you want to get nuked by these assholes... keep on acting like pricks and sending your children onto busses with bomb strapped to them. What kind of fucking parents are you?
    You BOTH are assholes and deserve to get killed by each other. We're done... we're out. We're not going to let you drag us down into your fucked up world anymore. Fuck both of you guys and we'll see you all in Hell.
    love,
    cosmo.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Actually, I DO agree. Israel could do much worse. This doesn't change my view (and yours, based on earlier posts) that they went about this particular battle the wrong way. The bombing blitz on Beirut and other cities has not hindered Hizbollah's capacity to launch attacks. Its the ground offensive that has banged them up bad. Airpower could have been used in a more tactical way, right near the fights with guerillas. There was no need to bomb the entire Lebanese infrastucture into ruin.

Reborn - I respect your opinion, but Israel truly hasn't bombed the entire Lebanese infrastructure. They bombed specific areas that were being used to transport more rockets from Iran via Syria. There's a map that's being circulated that shows the areas where Israeli missiles have been fired, and it certainly hasn't dessimated the entire infrastructure.
  • Options

Agreed
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm to the point where... Fuck you guys... Fuck both of guy guys. You want to keep killing each other... have at it, assholes. Just leave us the fuck out of it.
    Enjoy your little killingfest and your tit for tat exchanges of death and destruction. We are no longer supporting Israel... you fucking guys are on your own. You fucking have nukes... use them, you sorry ass mother fuckers. And you fucking Arabs... fuck you guys. If you want to get nuked by these assholes... keep on acting like pricks and sending your children onto busses with bomb strapped to them. What kind of fucking parents are you?
    You BOTH are assholes and deserve to get killed by each other. We're done... we're out. We're not going to let you drag us down into your fucked up world anymore. Fuck both of you guys and we'll see you all in Hell.
    love,
    cosmo.

Who is "we"?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Who is "we"?
    We... are the United States of America. We are NOT the sworn protector of Israel. We have our own fucking problems to deal with and we are tired of these fucks over there.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    We... are the United States of America. We are NOT the sworn protector of Israel. We have our own fucking problems to deal with and we are tired of these fucks over there.

I would love to see America take a position of neutrality...but I wont hold my breath for it as I would die of self inflicted suffocation....
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    You guys talk too much, I'm trying to read more, do some work and respond to all the threads, but I can't, it's too much.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm to the point where... Fuck you guys... Fuck both of fucking guys. You want to keep killing each other... have at it, assholes. Just leave us the fuck out of it.
    love,
    cosmo.

Word....
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    You guys talk too much, I'm trying to read more, do some work and respond to all the threads, but I can't, it's too much.

I find that I learn a lot just by reading these threads ... You're right, you can't keep up with everything that's out there.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Word....
    Seriously.. how many fucking 'Peace Talks' have we been asked to host? A BUNCH!!! And what are the results? NOTHING!!! They keep on killing each other.
    That's why I say FUCK THEM. They remind me of two stupid drunks that just keep on fighting. No matter what you say... they don't listen... they just keep fighting. Eventually, you say, well... fuck it... I've done my best... if these assholes want to kill each other... fuck 'em.
    Neither one of those assholes are going to stop fighting just because we want them to... So, let them kill each other. Assholes deserve assholes.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Seriously.. how many fucking 'Peace Talks' have we been asked to host? A BUNCH!!! And what are the results? NOTHING!!! They keep on killing each other.
    That's why I say FUCK THEM. They remind me of two stupid drunks that just keep on fighting. No matter what you say... they don't listen... they just keep fighting. Eventually, you say, well... fuck it... I've done my best... if these assholes want to kill each other... fuck 'em.
    Neither one of those assholes are going to stop fighting just because we want them to... So, let them kill each other. Assholes deserve assholes.

They both need to make concessions for anything to work...but yes the USA has done enough in that region to get out for a few years....
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Hey man, I'm with you. Problem is, these jack-offs are sitting on top of the industrialized world's life-blood. If we could ween ourselves off dinosour juice, we could get the fuck out and let them settle it however they'd like.

In the meantime - I'm siding with the guys that have the most tolerance for others..... any religous fundamentalist is a fucking blind, ignorant, waste of humanity.

At least Israel respects people's rights. Yeah, they are heavy handed on their oposition - but when those ass-clowns can get a grip, I'm sure Isreal would back off.

Palestitan officials, the PLO, Hamas - all of them have been laughable for the past 30 years.... just a bunch of jack-offs. I can't even begin to comprehend their position....