Options

Would you prefer we lose the war in Iraq?

Comments

• Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Hehe you got the double post login thingy bug. It blows my mind that these cushy, overfed, out of shape fatcats bargain over countries and resources and haven't a clue what thy're doing to peoples lives. The magnitude of their sheer arrogance and disregard for people and reality for that matter makes the whole institution a very dangerous vehicle in the hands of an inexperienced (delusional) driver.

I guess the good ol boys thought that back in the day, it was just like making hay, but it's a bigger smarter world then it was 50 - 100 years ago.

I believe we are all not only changing, but changing ever faster in the evolutionary sense - even in our day to day lives sense. I don't think the southern good old boy "hang em high" approach is just not going to cut it internationally anymore. Put away the legacy of the Texas cowboy six shooter (Yosemite Sam) approach, I think it's time to close the book on the legacy of that fabled iconic mentality.

I guess if the US really wanted to take over Iraq really fast all they'd have to do is eliminate TV, Newspapers, and the internet, oh and radio.

In that scenario if left unchecked...we'd prolly just wake up one morning and take an oath to the order texas heehaw club and become a slave to the US govt working on whatever...

Let's see.... kill all the indians...enslave all black people. Treat them like crap as long as you possibly can until the people in your own country decide to fight you because of it. Start up a bunch of clans to try and fight it. When that's finally all burned up and no longer acceptable....start doing the exact same somewhere/everywhere else...

I'm telling you... some of that southern mentality stuff is like a virulent disease spreading the earth...

Let's talk about this Southern thing - can't now though (working). That is a really pretty big simplification.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    WindNoSail wrote:
    UN wrote the resolutions, but they bailed out at the first sign of difficulty. Hence the US felt obligated to step up. Right or wrong, that is what happened.
    No the US were the ones who MADE the UN weak by undermining them all along - bet they wish they could turn to them now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The violence in Iraq is increasing and the U.S. is not going to be able to accomplish anything. That is why the military is looking for foreign troops to help out. The whole world can run a debt and loss of life now for the big fuck up. In the end, the resistance will continue to build and nothing will be accomplished from occupation. Let the country heal on it's own. Should have let them take Saddam out themselves.

Part of the reason for going into Iraq was because Saddam tortured people. Now the U.S. Military is torturing people. It's a big hipocritical fuck you to the world. The U.S. supplied Iraq with weapons and funding, supported him and then made shit up against him. The same goes for Osama and al-Qaeda, they are government funded terrorist cells used to cause global panic.

Leaving Iraq will leave it in their hands. There will be immediate celebration, since they won't be occupied anymore and will be sovereign again. There will be some resistance to the new government, wether they accept it or overthrow it, is their fucking choice, self-determination.
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's their country. The United States is clearly the "terrorists" in this situation. I don't even believe that terrorists exist in this situation. The insurgents are fighting for their freedom from the United States. They want us out of their fucking country and we have absolutely no business being there.

And if our supposed goal was to free them from Saddam and end the murder and torture that's plagued their people then why the FUCK aren't we doing more to help African countries like Darfur? Maybe because we care more about oil than diamonds?
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:
    Interesting....the biggest difference between then and now is subtle in most people's minds, but I think it could bet the collapse of the Soviet Union. There were always two camps - democrats and communists/totalitarianism. W/o fear of Soviet Agression, its like America has become the problem in many peoples minds, yet we have always been the "beacon of freedom and democracy" in the past. Did we (US) change or did the world change?
    I submit that the world has changed. The U.S. has always cloaked its greedy, unethical and illegal agendas with "democracy". The world is just barely starting to notice.
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's their country. The United States is clearly the "terrorists" in this situation. I don't even believe that terrorists exist in this situation. The insurgents are fighting for their freedom from the United States. They want us out of their fucking country and we have absolutely no business being there.

And if our supposed goal was to free them from Saddam and end the murder and torture that's plagued their people then why the FUCK aren't we doing more to help African countries like Darfur? Maybe because we care more about oil than diamonds?

I am sorry, but no way can you honestly say the US are terrorists in this situation. Sorry. This is Michael Moore stuff, which is just too radical to be good policy. Insurgents = freedom fighters, what? Who lives in freedom under the insurgents rule. ie Taliban, Saudi Arabia. I guess radical Islam is so free that if you write a book that offends you, they lop off your head or stab you will riding your bike in Denmark.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    No the US were the ones who MADE the UN weak by undermining them all along - bet they wish they could turn to them now.
    If by "they" you mean the government then absolutely not. Our government despises the UN. But if by "they" you mean the American people then you bet your ass we wish we would turn to them now. Doesn't the UN have a responsibility to stop what the U.S. is doing in Iraq? It seems to me like they would.
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    WindNoSail wrote:
    I am sorry, but no way can you honestly say the US are terrorists in this situation. Sorry. This is Michael Moore stuff, which is just too radical to be good policy. Insurgents = freedom fighters, what? Who lives in freedom under the insurgents rule. ie Taliban, Saudi Arabia. I guess radical Islam is so free that if you write a book that offends you, they lop off your head or stab you will riding your bike in Denmark.

USA failed in Iraq, time to step down and admit the failure... hand the reign to another entity (UN, coalition, whatever), and pay for reparation to the Iraquis peoples... won't happen of course...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    So what the fuck business is it of ours what they do in other countries when we have people who are unemployed, homeless and can't afford medical care. Do you really think that the people of other countries are more important that our own "needy"? Our youth are dying for some cause that is irrelevant to the real problems this country has - class distinction for example - Where were you when Katrina hit New Orleans and thousands of Americans were left to suffer in the heat and stench? Don't you think "our boys" would have served more purpose to have been in New Orleans helping the displaced than 4,000 miles away KILLING and being KILLED for people who don't speak the same language? I'm sorry, JMO, but I think that's a really warped value system.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:
    The bottom line is that we cannot trust this administration for one stinking second. They cry "terrorist" at every bend in the road to death and destruction that they've created. All I'm saying is that I don't believe terrorism is even a large threat in Iraq....and if it is then it's one that the U.S. created....either in reality or in the minds of the American people.

Now would you or would you not act in a similar fashion as the Iraqis if some arrogant nation were to illegally attack and occupy your country?
  • Options
    I agree. Just like PJ says in Bushleaguer - drilling for fear makes the job simple....... Bush played the "fear" card to get re-elected and he still invokes it every chance he gets. I'm sorry, but the guy is a fucking moron and I don't understand how anyone with an IQ over 100 can't see that.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    USA failed in Iraq, time to step down and admit the failure... hand the reign to another entity (UN, coalition, whatever), and pay for reparation to the Iraquis peoples... won't happen of course...
    I agree completely. We owe such great reparations for our wrongdoings in Iraq. So when I suggest that we withdraw completely and immediately I'm not suggesting that we abandon them. We need to pay for our wrongdoings. Not in blood, but financially. We need to offer some sort of aid to the Iraqi people without occupying their country. I don't know how or exactly what, but it's clear that reparations are a must. Yet, sadly, I agree with you that it won't happen.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    So what the fuck business is it of ours what they do in other countries when we have people who are unemployed, homeless and can't afford medical care. Do you really think that the people of other countries are more important that our own "needy"? Our youth are dying for some cause that is irrelevant to the real problems this country has - class distinction for example - Where were you when Katrina hit New Orleans and thousands of Americans were left to suffer in the heat and stench? Don't you think "our boys" would have served more purpose to have been in New Orleans helping the displaced than 4,000 miles away KILLING and being KILLED for people who don't speak the same language? I'm sorry, JMO, but I think that's a really warped value system.
    Good post...I think it's clear that we could have saved lives of our own people had so much of our national guard not been on foreign soil.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    I agree. Just like PJ says in Bushleaguer - drilling for fear makes the job simple....... Bush played the "fear" card to get re-elected and he still invokes it every chance he gets. I'm sorry, but the guy is a fucking moron and I don't understand how anyone with an IQ over 100 can't see that.
    Well, 100 is supposed to be the average IQ.....so I think a lot of people with above average intelligence do see that. Lower your figure to 60 or so. I'd say that most chimpanzees can even see that the guy is a fucking moron.
  • Options
    What did Viet-Nam looked like when the USA troops retired?
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    In Iraq, USA troops are barely protecting anyone, the civillians are getting killed anyway, USA troops protect american interest which would disappear if the american troops would withdraw, again that's not the plan, the plan is to occupy the territory...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    TexJamTexJam Posts: 31

The UN is the most corrupt and useless organization on Earth. Cmon!
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options

We are SUCCEEDING in Iraq. Maybe not in everybodys eyes.
    but real quick.
    Just a question, sir , why do you hate America so much?
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options

oh...and are we a bunch of quitters now? man up dude.

Edit: Just found out you are from Canada. Hmnmmm.....that explains everything.

My apologies.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    TexJam wrote:
    We are SUCCEEDING in Iraq. Maybe not in everybodys eyes.
    but real quick.
    Just a question, sir , why do you hate America so much?

You make me laugh, no offense...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options

Well....the french make me laugh...well the whole world actually...so :-)
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options

Well...I have a deal for you. Explain to me why Iraq isn't better off today compared to pre-Saddam. I realize innocents have died...and that is tragic. And also explain how we lost and should throw up the white flag.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    TexJam wrote:
    Well....the french make me laugh...well the whole world actually...so :-)

prove me how the USA are winning this war in Iraq, are they showing the civillians killing in Texas or just Americans death, you should definitly wake up, it's time for your country to admit their mistakes and failure, and to step down, it wouldn't be coward or spineless, it would be an act of bravery...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    TexJam wrote:
    Well...I have a deal for you. Explain to me why Iraq isn't better off today compared to pre-Saddam. I realize innocents have died...and that is tragic. And also explain how we lost and should throw up the white flag.

blabla about the past won't do shit, tell me how it is a winning situation and what is the USA plan to achieve a "win" and what the main point for a "win" are, so far i've seen none of these, cause there's no plan of winning, being in the country is what the USA were looking for.

edit: it's not about the USA, it's about the Iraquis, every account of Iraquis speaking outside Iraq is talking about how they're living in fears and without any freedoms right now, the fear of being killed just because of their ethnicity all this, is enough for me to conclude that the USA have already failed...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    blabla about the past won't do shit, tell me how it is a winning situation and what is the USA plan to achieve a "win" and what the main point for a "win" are, so far i've seen none of these, cause there's no plan of winning, being in the country is what the USA were looking for.

Huh? I guess you are asking how we are winning? Well...you answer me,since I asked first, how are we losing? please don't be the typical lib(that is if you are) and not answer questions when asked......and please don't change the subject.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    Yeah, one would hope. I don't know about your area, but I see hundreds of those damn "W" stickers on cars all the time. I would be embarrased to have one of those things on anything of min. Of course, "southerners" do have a reputation for being dense....... I'm from South Florida - a little bit different there. Lots of liberals.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options

edit: it's not about the USA, it's about the Iraquis, every account of Iraquis speaking outside Iraq is talking about how they're living in fears and without any freedoms right now, the fear of being killed just because of their ethnicity all this, is enough for me to conclude that the USA have already failed...

Well...good thing you can't vote. Please stay in Canada.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    TexJam wrote:
    Huh? I guess you are asking how we are winning? Well...you answer me,since I asked first, how are we losing? please don't be the typical lib(that is if you are) and not answer questions when asked......and please don't change the subject.

yeah i did while i was posting you posted this and vice versa, that's what sucks with the internet, and mind you i have to translate before i post so it can take longer, but it's up there...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    TexJam wrote:
    Well...good thing you can't vote. Please stay in Canada.

good thing you can't vote??? what's that suppose to mean? Don't worry i'll stay in Canada...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    "typical libs" aren't NOT answering the questions..... It's just that the "typical conservative" doesn't GET the answer......
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, one would hope. I don't know about your area, but I see hundreds of those damn "W" stickers on cars all the time. I would be embarrased to have one of those things on anything of min. Of course, "southerners" do have a reputation for being dense....... I'm from South Florida - a little bit different there. Lots of liberals.

**shakes head**

hate leads to anger.....
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03