Options

What If Canada Wasn't The Peaceful, Trustworthy Neighbour It Is ?

TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
edited July 2007 in A Moving Train
Just wondering if Americans ever take that for granted ? It occupies the entire northern border of the U.S., and it has the largest uranium deposits in the world. It'd be interesting if it ever decided it wanted to go nuclear. And what if the relationship was to sour, as it has numerous times in the past 200 years or so ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    Just wondering if Americans ever take that for granted ? It occupies the entire northern border of the U.S., and it has the largest uranium deposits in the world. It'd be interesting if it ever decided it wanted to go nuclear. And what if the relationship was to sour, as it has numerous times in the past 200 years or so ?

Haha, who do you think is protecting that uranium?
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Royals32 wrote:

already been answered.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4565845&postcount=2
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517

americans don't see canada as any threat. i fished canada for at least 7 years every summer in the 70's when you could still eat the fish. if you act up; we'll step on you.

canada will be in trouble in a few years and i think it will become a little aggressive. as the earths ice melts; it's redistributing it's weight around the globe. this will and has been triggering earthquakes. as your water table rises a strong earthquake could stratify a large part of your country causing it to sink into the sea. it's already happened in alaska.
  • Options
    Royals32 wrote:

as i understand it; bush has a mission leaving in 2008 to harvest helium3 from the moon to replace uranium because it is much more efficient and safer.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Someone has forgotten their history
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

Don't forget your mukluks.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    americans don't see canada as any threat. i fished canada for at least 7 years every summer in the 70's when you could still eat the fish. if you act up; we'll step on you.

canada will be in trouble in a few years and i think it will become a little aggressive. as the earths ice melts; it's redistributing it's weight around the globe. this will and has been triggering earthquakes. as your water table rises a strong earthquake could stratify a large part of your country causing it to sink into the sea. it's already happened in alaska.

You'll step on us???? LMAO. Oh yeah we are up here shaking in our snowsuits :rolleyes: :p

I think everyone will be in trouble not just Canada.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

If Canada becomes contentious...the US government will simply convince the flock that your all evildoers.....part of the Axis of Evil......a threat to the safety of our women and children.....lots of atheists.........destroying the sactity of marriage....and blow you into submission....course please don't start anything for a nother 8 years....we may have out troops back by then.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    If Canada becomes contentious...the US government will simply convince the flock that your all evildoers.....part of the Axis of Evil......a threat to the safety of our women and children.....lots of atheists.........destroying the sactity of marriage....and blow you into submission....course please don't start anything for a nother 8 years....we may have out troops back by then.

You don't even know the half of the kind of debauchery and evil we have up here ;) I love it HERE :D:D
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    You don't even know the half of the kind of debauchery and evil we have up here ;) I love it HERE :D:D

been to Canada many times....10 or so times......and have truely enjoyed every visit...people are sooo cool...twice for PJ.....the concert in Toronto was unreal....at the Molson Venue.......was the best I've ever seen....crowd was unreal.....reason they keep going back.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100

We already took the Expos. If you fuck with us, we'll take the Blue Jays too.

:)
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    been to Canada many times....10 or so times......and have truely enjoyed every visit...people are sooo cool...twice for PJ.....the concert in Toronto was unreal....at the Molson Venue.......was the best I've ever seen....crowd was unreal.....reason they keep going back.

The shows are amazing here. Of course, I have yet to be at a PJ show that wasn't unreal :p

There are some really cool people and wonderful places to see. I like to think that is true of every country.

Any of my trips to the USA have always been good. I even managed to laugh while stuck in that Boston traffic :eek: :p
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:

But you'd actually be doing us a favour there......
  • Options
    callen wrote:

that's basically what we were taught in school. not to that extreeme though. in fact; i had a teacher who told us that the reason we let england and france have it was because it was worthless.
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    For what it's worth. I've been working for a Canadian corporation in the US for almost a year now. It is headquartered only about an hour's drive from where I live. In Canada. If everything continues to go as well as it has been, I don't discount the thought of a new beginning in Canada as I move up the ladder here. First a work visa, then possible residency, and ultimately citizenship.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Funny stuff guys, reminds me of the schoolyard.

"My dad could beat up your dad!"

The U.S. and Canada probably aren't ever going to be at war. We are mostly likely to see a unionization like the SPP or NAFTA.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Funny stuff guys, reminds me of the schoolyard.

"My dad could beat up your dad!"

The U.S. and Canada probably aren't ever going to be at war. We are mostly likely to see a unionization like the SPP or NAFTA.

We could be fellow canucker's!

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I'll guarantee you this... if a Muslim Coalition of Their Willing invaded and occupied Canada, I would pass through their porous border and blow up the mother fucker's jeeps with sticks of dynamite because I don't want their fucking theocracy in my backyard. and you'd be seeing reports on Al Jazzera calling me a 'Foriegn Fighter'.
    I love Hockey, therefore i love Canada. Would I fight and risk dying for them... damn straight, mother fucker... fuckin' aye.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'll guarantee you this... if a Muslim Coalition of Their Willing invaded and occupied Canada, I would pass through their porous border and blow up the mother fucker's jeeps with sticks of dynamite because I don't want their fucking theocracy in my backyard. and you'd be seeing reports on Al Jazzera calling me a 'Foriegn Fighter'.
    I love Hockey, therefore i love Canada. Would I fight and risk dying for them... damn straight, mother fucker... fuckin' aye.

Justin Morneau of the Minnesota Twins is from BC. And, (goes without saying) a hockey player.

'nuff said.

• Options
    gue_barium wrote:
    Justin Morneau of the Minnesota Twins is from BC. And, (goes without saying) a hockey player.

'nuff said.

Q: Cosmo was inflicted with patriotism, and this was your reply?
    A: I love baseball, man. He loves hockey. We have shared sports passions.
    Q: I hear you're from Minnesota.
    A: Yes, yes, the fucking hockey capital of the US, if you ask anyone from there.
    Q: Did you play?
    A: Yeah, we played it when I was a kid. If my folks hadn't moved, I would have played with the Broten brothers at the same High School.
    Q: Really?
    A: I could have been an Olympian and NHL all-star.
    Q: what happened?
    A: I joined the Marines.

• Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    I'm allergic to Canadians but other than that Canada's a very nice neighbor
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Following the theory of Onelongsong...

We'd pass out movies of that John Candy movie canadian bacon and get informed on how to fight against them.

And totally win.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    Milestone wrote:

YOU WOULDN'T DARE!

In all seriousness, at the outset of the cold war, Canada had the choice to side with Russia instead of the US, mainly due to common language. It is speculated that if we'd sided with Russia, the US would have had no choice but to invade Canada.
  • Options
    Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    Derrick wrote:

In all seriousness, at the outset of the cold war, Canada had the choice to side with Russia instead of the US, mainly due to common language. It is speculated that if we'd sided with Russia, the US would have had no choice but to invade Canada.

Huh?
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • Options
    Royals32 wrote:
    Huh?

that's what i was thinking...:confused:
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255

I live in Maine.
    I think I'd have to move.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    Hmmm, this is interesting......dozens of radioactive devices are either lost or stolen in Canada in the last 5 years. Some of them could definitely be used to make bombs:

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/232095
  • Options
    The world would be essentially screwed for quality maple syrup...aside from Maine , Vermont etc... which we consider Canada Anyways.. :D

And there would be a serious shortage of laid back cool people in North America. This would suck definitely.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Royals32 wrote:
    Huh?

never say huh without a WTF? It's a rule.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")