Options

Who here doesnt think the US government is insanely out of control?

Comments

• Options
    spiral out wrote:
    Where is jlew anyway? there has been a lot less mud slinging round here lately.

And if it was jlew you know full well that he would never watch a documentary that you recommend.

You know it's him/her cmon....

It boils down to there are two choices in life. Make a shitload of money and serve that master to no end, or do something more noble aka humanitarian with your life. It's a compromise and balance of the the two opposing states of existence.

That as simple as it gets, and it's remains universal the world around.

Extrapolate outwards from that, and all conditions in this world are explained and accounted for.

Understanding that fully is a huge step towards figuring out what "all this" is about.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    lazymoon13lazymoon13 Posts: 838
    Signed sealed delivered guy...you're him. But anyhow...fool me you will not.

Watch some John Pilger documentaries Jeff...then you will understand a bit better.

again, will not answer the question. quite cowardly if you as ask me. which one in particular of his would you recommend. I have seen several.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/02/10/62-knowing-whats-best-for-poor-people/

"Stuff White People Like"

#62 Knowing what’s best for poor people
    February 10, 2008 by clander

White people spend a lot of time of worrying about poor people. It takes up a pretty significant portion of their day.

They feel guilty and sad that poor people shop at Wal*Mart instead of Whole Foods, that they vote Republican instead of Democratic, that they go to Community College/get a job instead of studying art at a University.

It is a poorly guarded secret that, deep down, white people believe if given money and education that all poor people would be EXACTLY like them. In fact, the only reason that poor people make the choices they do is because they have not been given the means to make the right choices and care about the right things.

A great way to make white people feel good is to tell them about situations where poor people changed how they were doing things because they were given the ‘whiter’ option. “Back in my old town, people used to shop at Wal*Mart and then this non-profit organization came in and set up a special farmers co-op so that we could buy more local produce, and within two weeks the Wal*Mart shut down and we elected our first Democratic representative in 40 years.” White people will first ask which non-profit and are they hiring? After that, they will be filled with euphoria and will invite you to more parties to tell this story to their friends, so that they can feel great.

But it is ESSENTIAL that you reassert that poor people do not make decisions based on free will. That news could crush white people and their hope for the future.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    again, will not answer the question. quite cowardly if you as ask me. which one in particular of his would you recommend. I have seen several.

I told you what time it is, and provided an answer of which you will need to fill in the blanks and look inside yourself to find the truth.

anyhow..

http://www.chicagophotoshop.com

some great sales on there I hear...bargain basement.

woo! lolz...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    I told you what time it is, and provided an answer of which you will need to fill in the blanks and look inside yourself to find the truth.

anyhow..

http://www.chicagophotoshop.com

some great sales on there I hear...bargain basement.

woo! lolz...

I wasn't asking for a fill in the blanks answer. it was a direct question. you immaturity is really sad at this point. can you not see that? how old are you?
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    those people in the world trade center had every right to regard themselves outside the remit of violence.

ok I guess I'll ask. do you think America got what it deserved?

Byrnzie, you want to take a shot at this question? I'm just very curious to know. your earlier response really seems to imply we got what we deserved. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    Byrnzie, you want to take a shot at this question? I'm just very curious to know. your earlier response really seems to imply we got what we deserved. I hope I'm wrong.

His post seemed to imply exactly what it said. As you sow so shall you reap.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Not that I condone the murder of anyone but can you please explain what you think America did derserve after 50 years of supporting Israeli terror, decimating Iraq in 1991, propping up numerous puppet regimes throughout the Middle East, bombing a major Sudanese Medical factory, and sitting back and allowing tens of thousands of Bosnian Muslims to be slaughtered in Yugloslavia, e.t.c?

This may be considered controversial and offensive to many Americans on this messageboard, but here is an age old saying which goes: 'You reap what you sow'.

But then many Americans are of the opinion that 9/11 occured out of an historical vacuum.

To me that implies he does not think the people deserved to die, because he clearly says he doesn't condone the murder of anyone. And he asks a very interesting question, which also remains unanswered. Care to answer it?

And I personally don't think America got what it deserved, but that doesn't really matter does it. Because I also disagree with countless things the US did.

Actions have consequences. And when your actions are terror, bombings, corruption... there will be consequences. Actions I don't like and don't condone and consequences I don't think anyone deserves. And again, I think no one deserves to die but I'm not surprised that when you bomb countries, when you kill people's families ... someone might strike back.

I can't speak for Byrnzie of course.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    You can always threaten to move to Canada (but not actually do it, of course)!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5291887&postcount=98
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    I wasn't asking for a fill in the blanks answer. it was a direct question. you immaturity is really sad at this point. can you not see that? how old are you?

get over it Jlew...

I ain't buying your repackaged goods...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    get over it Jlew...

I ain't buying your repackaged goods...
    I was wondering where that bastard disappeared to
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    those people in the world trade center had every right to regard themselves outside the remit of violence.

ok I guess I'll ask. do you think America got what it deserved?

It's not a direct question.

Are you trying to elicit an opinion that American foreign policy is detrimental and results in blowback?

Or are you asking who thinks the elevator repair man should have been killed?
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    The government totally sucks you motherfucker.
  • Options
    Nevermind wrote:
    The government totally sucks you motherfucker.

They're taking all the fucking beautiful animals and making them totally extinct!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    It's not a direct question.

Are you trying to elicit an opinion that American foreign policy is detrimental and results in blowback?

Or are you asking who thinks the elevator repair man should have been killed?

its a direct question. yes or no. I do not think america got what it deserved on 9/11. I think our foreign policy has sucked in recent times but innocent people did not deserve to die.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

And the millions of civilians across the globe who have been killed - either directly or indirectly - by the U.S over the past 50 or so years also had every right to regard themselves outside the remit of violence.

But then, poor, brown people don't count, right?
  • Options
    when did those innocent workers play with fire? who's land did those workers in the WTC steal? who's family did they kill?

so I'll ask you, although I think you'll dance around it or simply disappear like your friend, do you think America got what it deserved on 9/11 ? yes or no.

Well Jlew, firstly, It makes me laugh that after approx two years of exposing you on this messageboard for the fraud that you are, you actually think I'd run and hide from yet another one of your lame comments. :)

Anyway, as far as answering your question...I already have. But, being typical of you, you choose only to read what you want to read, and to see what you want to see. In fact, you're like an actual microcosm - in human form - of the U.S conservative media itself.

So, instead of playing your silly little game, I'll ask you a question: What do you think the American people deserved after 50+ years of a fucked up and violent foreign policy? Do you think that the American people deserved special treatment on the world stage? And If so, then how did they earn such a privilege? Please fill in the blanks for me if you can.

Personally, I think the American people deserved better than to be hoodwinked by a corrupt leadership and business elite into paying the price for the greed of the few fat-bellies at the top of the money ladder.
    For example, I think that Americans deserved better than to be made to pay for the criminal war against Vietnam in the 1960's.
    I think they also desrved better than to be made to pay for the cold war - not to mention what so nearly might have been as a result of the Cuban missile crisis.
    I think Americans deserved better than to be made to pay for the rape of Latin America during the 1980's.
    I think Americans deserve better than to pay for the 60 year criminal occupation of Palestinian land, and the ongoing repercussions that this has throughout the whole of the Middle East, and consequently, throughout the world. Unconditional U.S support and encouragement for the Israeli occupation, coupled with the destruction of Iraq in 1991, and subsequent 10 years of criminal sanctions and daily bombing raids against the Iraqi people, made America the most hated country in the world in 2001.

The U.S government's violent and self-serving foriegn policy has only worsened since the blow-back that was 9/11. And so, as it stands, American citizens are now more vulnerable and prone to attack from foreign 'terrorists' than they have ever been before. And I think they deserve better.

Again, what do you think they deserve?
  • Options
    Ouch! spanked it like a baby...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    It's always been out of control; power and money ensure that. We just have more access to information now. I do think this administration set the bar on insanity.
  • Options
    continued education...hehe

http://www.alternet.org/audits/80497/

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Well Jlew, firstly, It makes me laugh that after approx two years of exposing you on this messageboard for the fraud that you are, you actually think I'd run and hide from yet another one of your lame comments. :)

Anyway, as far as answering your question...I already have. But, being typical of you, you choose only to read what you want to read, and to see what you want to see. In fact, you're like an actual microcosm - in human form - of the U.S conservative media itself.

So, instead of playing your silly little game, I'll ask you a question: What do you think the American people deserved after 50+ years of a fucked up and violent foreign policy? Do you think that the American people deserved special treatment on the world stage? And If so, then how did they earn such a privilege? Please fill in the blanks for me if you can.

Personally, I think the American people deserved better than to be hoodwinked by a corrupt leadership and business elite into paying the price for the greed of the few fat-bellies at the top of the money ladder.
    For example, I think that Americans deserved better than to be made to pay for the criminal war against Vietnam in the 1960's.
    I think they also desrved better than to be made to pay for the cold war - not to mention what so nearly might have been as a result of the Cuban missile crisis.
    I think Americans deserved better than to be made to pay for the rape of Latin America during the 1980's.
    I think Americans deserve better than to pay for the 60 year criminal occupation of Palestinian land, and the ongoing repercussions that this has throughout the whole of the Middle East, and consequently, throughout the world. Unconditional U.S support and encouragement for the Israeli occupation, coupled with the destruction of Iraq in 1991, and subsequent 10 years of criminal sanctions and daily bombing raids against the Iraqi people, made America the most hated country in the world in 2001.

The U.S government's violent and self-serving foriegn policy has only worsened since the blow-back that was 9/11. And so, as it stands, American citizens are now more vulnerable and prone to attack from foreign 'terrorists' than they have ever been before. And I think they deserve better.

Again, what do you think they deserve?

LOL what is with this jew stuff? I agree with your last paragraph. chill out out dude. I only asked because you seemed to imply that Americans got what it deserved on 9/11. My best friend's wife died that day so I take great offense to you thinking see deserved to die.
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    LOL what is with this jew stuff? I agree with your last paragraph. chill out out dude. I only asked because you seemed to imply that Americans got what it deserved on 9/11. My best friend's wife died that day so I take great offense to you thinking see deserved to die.

LOL Jlew, you think that putting in a few spelling mistakes will throw people off the scent? Too funny! :D

I knew it was you a few days ago, but my internet conection's been playing up.
    Anyway, I didn't say that those who died on 9/11 'got what they deserved', and no amount of twisting of my words will change that fact.
    Your attitude reminds me of when the Bush Administration - with Tony Blair in tow - kept blabbering on about how Sadaam was 'refusing to hand over' his WMD's. The weapons inspectors were busy doing their job, and after scouring Iraq from top to bottom they concluded that Sadaam had no WMD's. Ya see, there weren't any to begin with! Can you see how a deliberate choice of words can lead some gullible people into seeing something that isn't there? You'd make a 'useful' politician. Have you ever considered such a career move?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    LOL Jlew, you think that putting in a few spelling mistakes will throw people off the scent? Too funny! :D

I knew it was you a few days ago, but my internet conection's been playing up.
    Anyway, I didn't say that those who died on 9/11 'got what they deserved', and no amount of twisting of my words will change that fact.
    Your attitude reminds me of when the Bush Administration - with Tony Blair in tow - kept blabbering on about how Sadaam was 'refusing to hand over' his WMD's. The weapons inspectors were busy doing their job, and after scouring Iraq from top to bottom they concluded that Sadaam had no WMD's. Ya see, there weren't any to begin with! Can you see how a deliberate choice of words can lead some gullible people into seeing something that isn't there? You'd make a 'useful' politician. Have you ever considered such a career move?

you said Americans reap what they sow. I took that as American's getting what they deserved. All I asked for was some clarification. and listen guy, we went over this jlew stufdf in a thread about jlew, the mods deleted it I guess you missed it.
  • Options
    I love these tough talking new users...it's all so believable...

and incredibly transparent...

:D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    you said Americans reap what they sow. I took that as American's getting what they deserved. All I asked for was some clarification.

There's a subtle, but distinct, difference. Ya see, It's all in the wording. And you shouldn't have any problem with this, because all it's ever come down to between you and me - after sifting through the fabrications, distortions of the truth, obfuscations, deliberate ommissions, and outright lies - is word games.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    There's a subtle, but distinct, difference.
    thank you for the clarification. I still disagree however. prior to 9/11, I do not feel we were reaping what we sow. had we had a 9/11 attack after the Iraq+Afgah wars then I would say yes. but we went into those wars after 9/11.

I'll take the reasons you used....did derserve after 50 years of supporting Israeli terror, decimating Iraq in 1991, propping up numerous puppet regimes throughout the Middle East, bombing a major Sudanese Medical factory, and sitting back and allowing tens of thousands of Bosnian Muslims to be slaughtered in Yugloslavia, e.t.c?........I do not agree that any of these reasons justify an attack such as 9/11. (expect supporting Israel, that is reason often used from bin laden himself).. 91 we were stopping saddam from invading a fellow muslim country, the sudanese were/are supporting osama bin laden, and I don't recall us sitting back and allowing slaughter of bosnian muslims. and secondly, why is the US's job to stop it from happening? that was a conflict among them, a conflict that we did end up intervening in....so I'm not sure I see your point about that last one.
  • Options
    spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    thank you for the clarification. I still disagree however. prior to 9/11, I do not feel we were reaping what we sow. had we had a 9/11 attack after the Iraq+Afgah wars then I would say yes. but we went into those wars after 9/11.

Have you read up on anything the American government did prior to 9/11? There is so much it's unbelievable.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:
    Have you read up on anything the American government did prior to 9/11? There is so much it's unbelievable.

did I read up? I've been an american for 40 something years (;)). so yea, I've "read up on it"...have you read up on the atrocities of other countries around the world throughout history? do they deserve attacks on their citizens as well?
  • Options
    spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    did I read up? I've been an american for 40 something years (;)). so yea, I've "read up on it"...have you read up on the atrocities of other countries around the world throughout history? do they deserve attacks on their citizens as well?

Ok we are talking about America here specifically not other countries or what they have done that isn't the topic right now.

You say you would understand these attacks if they happened now, so do you think that only now the American government has overstepped the mark?

And by the way i am not saying anyone deserves any attacks.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:
    Ok we are talking about America here specifically not other countries or what they have done that isn't the topic right now.

You say you would understand these attacks if they happened now, so do you think that only now the American government has overstepped the mark?

And by the way i am not saying anyone deserves any attacks.
    prior to 9/11, no I do not think america was in a position that warranted an attack. the only reason would be, and its the reason I hear most from muslim extremist, is our support for Israel and for having a base in saudi arabia.
  • Options
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    91 we were stopping saddam from invading a fellow muslim country

You didn't stop him invading Iran though, did ya?
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    the sudanese were/are supporting osama bin laden

Really? And what's being done about it, and about the Situation in Darfur? Sweet F.A.
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    and I don't recall us sitting back and allowing slaughter of bosnian muslims.

You don't? So then what exactly did the 'international community' do to help stop the Bosnian genocide between 1992 and August 1995?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6228152.stm
    Thursday, 21 June 2007, 17:07 GMT 18:07 UK

Bosnia war dead figure announced

A new independent study has concluded that at least 97,207 people were killed in the Bosnian war in the 1990s - fewer than was previously estimated.

The Center said some 65% of those killed were Bosnian Muslims.

The UN prosecutor's office at the war crimes tribunal in The Hague had put the number of dead at about 110,000.

Mirsad Tokaca, who led the Bosnian project, said the figure of 97,207 could rise by a maximum of another 10,000 due to ongoing research.'
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    and secondly, why is the US's job to stop it from happening? that was a conflict among them, a conflict that we did end up intervening in....so I'm not sure I see your point about that last one.

Sorry, you were three years too late. Kind of like how you were three years too late in assisting Britain in WW11 - you only got involved after the German army became bogged down on the Eastern Front.
    lazymoon13 wrote:
    and secondly, why is the US's job to stop it from happening? that was a conflict among them

Also, how come this same logic wasn't applied to Korea, Vietnam, or Iraq-Kuwait?