Options

Ahmadinejad Gives US TV Interview

Comments

• Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    hailhailkc wrote:
    You'll have to forgive me if I don't take this guy seriously. You know, since he's already called for the destruction of Israel, and things of that nature. That's beside the point though…

I found it interesting that when I was reading his words, most of what he said seemed to echo the sentiments and rhetoric of some of those on this very message board. I think you could take elements of the quote, attribute a few board member names to it, and no one would ever be the wiser.

Fair is fair though. I think most of those same board members on here really DO want peace, whereas this jackass is just spewing crap.

he is the iranian gwb

Destruction of Israel? He said "wiped off the map"... kinda like palestine was wiped of the map and it was all called Israel
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    well ... as usual - we have people who consider this democratically elected leader a nutjob and are spewing the same talking points so in order not to listen to his message ...

regardless of what his motives are - is he talking shit?? ... i don't think so ... until americans can see what is being done in the name of american democracy - there will be no peace in this world ... until americans realize they aren't the do-gooders they think they are we will get nowhere ...

I know, regardless of the leader, he was democratically elected and its still a bad thing....funny only when America gives their blessing to a democratic country does it really become democratic...wish Bush & Co. would realize the world does not want what America is......and the fight will continue.....

Still very interested to see this interview.....
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Abuskedti wrote:
    This guy has proven a far better leader than America can produce. And so many giggle at his making sense - I guess because he is from Iran and that is bad.

I don't think people giggle at this guy... people are worried because he is a nut job with a big arsenal!

He makes no sense what so ever to me. I see straight through his propaganda... ya know, the stuff you eat up. How can he talk about ideas and cultural exchange - when his government bans music and words???

And you think this guy is better than anyone we've had or can produce? Give me a break.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    . The time of the bomb is in the past, it's behind us. Today is the era of thoughts, dialogue and cultural exchanges."

Is this guy trying to be Gandhi? My oh my, he's such a gentle soul:rolleyes:

A gentle man, with a gentle plan, for a peaceful and gentle land:rolleyes:

...and of course....the apologists, right on cue, come in to support the lunatic and claim he's being sincere. LMAO!!!

Yes, he's a man who speaks of Peace...and Love......and Flowers....and pretty little ponies.
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    NMyTree wrote:
    Yes, he's a man who speaks of Peace...and Love......and Flowers....and pretty little ponies.

just like bush! ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    polaris wrote:

If it is in the name of freedom its all good....
  • Options
    polaris wrote:

You should know by now, that I despise this administration. A lame and meager attempt at a misdirection; on your part.

But just because Bush and Cheney are criminals and are wrong, it doesn't make this lunatic right or better. He's equally dispicable and duplicitious.

Too bad people like you fail to see things, for what they are. Instead, you have to choose sides and annoint one side the devil and the other side the saint.

Two slimey, disgusting murders arguing amongst themselves, will not result in one being a saint. It's simply two pieces of shit arguing, amongst themselves.
  • Options
    If it is in the name of freedom its all good....

Yeah, because that's what I always talk about. Another lame-ass cop-out.

What a joke.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Yeah, because that's what I always talk about. Another lame-ass cop-out.

What a joke.

No not really...just need to listen that pricks speeches..."against our freedom"...."they want to take away our freedom"...it is hardly a cop out when the guy says everytime he speaks.....and I was referring to Bush not you....he justifies his war based upon the premise that fundanutalism will take away our freedom if we don't go along with him.....therefore waht Abah.....whatever is saying really seems no different...
  • Options
    No not really...just need to listen that pricks speeches..."against our freedom"...."they want to take away our freedom"...it is hardly a cop out when the guy says everytime he speaks.....and I was referring to Bush not you....he justifies his war based upon the premise that fundanutalism will take away our freedom if we don't go along with him.....therefore waht Abah.....whatever is saying really seems no different...

..and that has been my point from the beginning. That is one of my long-running messages in my posts.

They are both duplicitious, violent scum-bags only seeking to fullfill their greedy, selfish and violent agendas.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    ..and that has been my point from the beginning. That is one of my long-running messages in my posts.

They are both duplicitious, violent scum-bags only seeking to fullfill their greedy, selfish and violent agendas.

I apologize for mis-understanding your intent....
  • Options
    Scared much....Bush has tactical nukes and that freaks me out just as much as this guy...actually the prescence of nukes freaks me out....
    Exactly. I trust this guy with nukes about as much as I trust dubya. It scares the fuck out of me.

It will be less than interesting to see dubya ignore yet another attempt for diplomacy from Iran. He hits it right on when he says bush sees our nukes as power. Words save lives and just because dubya doesn't know too many shouldn't stop the U.S. from seeking peace.
  • Options
    Exactly. I trust this guy with nukes about as much as I trust dubya. It scares the fuck out of me.

It will be less than interesting to see dubya ignore yet another attempt for diplomacy from Iran. He hits it right on when he says bush sees our nukes as power. Words save lives and just because dubya doesn't know too many shouldn't stop the U.S. from seeking peace.

I don't understand how you think we are ignoring attempts at diplomacy from Iran.... can you elaborate???
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    I don't understand how you think we are ignoring attempts at diplomacy from Iran.... can you elaborate???
    The U.S. is unwilling to use diplomacy with Iran. The Iranian President offered diplomacy, did he not? Doesn't he even say that in this article?
  • Options
    The U.S. is unwilling to use diplomacy with Iran. The Iranian President offered diplomacy, did he not? Doesn't he even say that in this article?

Bush has offered "diplomacy" with Iran. In fact, they are using the institution designed to settle international conflicts of this type, the United Nations, as a diplomatic means to end this situation.

Actually, Iran currently has an offer on the table for an end to their nuclear program. This is the second offer that has been extended to them this year.

So, no I do not see how we are not handling this situation without diplomacy... could you try to explain your view again?
  • Options
    Personally, I don't believe preaching the "elimination and genocide of Israel and Jews" fits the criteria as a manner of diplomacy.

The US has certainly attempted through diplomatic channels, to work through this situation. They have not been able to come to an agreement on anything.

Especially since one of it's sticking points is always Iran's continued involvement and support in provoking, attacking and preaching the destruction of Israel.

There's a lot going on here and it has been going on for a very long time.

There are a large groups of Muslims who have been (in the past) and continue to be active in attempts to destroy Israel and continue the neverending violent conflict and unrest in the Middle East.

I'm not saying Israel is innocent of any attrocities and aggressiveness, on their part. They are not. The magnitude of the conspiracy and unity of their enemies (Muslims), against them, is enormous. I believe very few people in the west truely understand the severe viciousness of Israel's enemies, and what Israel is up against.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Bush has offered "diplomacy" with Iran. In fact, they are using the institution designed to settle international conflicts of this type, the United Nations, as a diplomatic means to end this situation.

Actually, Iran currently has an offer on the table for an end to their nuclear program. This is the second offer that has been extended to them this year.

So, no I do not see how we are not handling this situation without diplomacy... could you try to explain your view again?
    Bush needs to go golfing with the Iranian president, then I'll agree that he's tried diplomacy.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong. I guess my underlying concern is the fact that we have 10,000+ nukes yet threaten Iran because they're developing nuclear energy. Even if they're lying about it and really are seeking nukes, IMO the U.S. has no right to stop them. If we don't want anyone to have nukes we need to lead by example.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Sounds genuine.

I don't speak Farsi or Arabic or whatever Iranians speak, so I guess it all comes down to translation. Interesting to see this though.

Are you serious?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    (George W. Bush) believes that his power emanates from his nuclear warhead arsenals.

Wow, that is hysterical. No wonder Iran is trying to build nukes. They see the world as one big nuclear weapons race.

How can anyone take seriously a person who calls the holocaust a myth?
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Personally, I don't believe preaching the "elimination and genocide of Israel and Jews" fits the criteria as a manner of diplomacy.

Personally, id like to see you put fact where your mouth is.

When has he ever expressed the desire to genocide the jews?

And tell me, Monsiuer, Lord of the Zionists, if he did preach this, its a strange thing that the large Jewish comminity of Iran has not yet been attacked in any way. Dont ya think, huh?

Did you know Iran, outside of Israel, has the largest Jewish community in the Middle East? They seem to feel safer there than in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kuwait, Iraq...Oh wait, hang on, I see a connection with these coutnries...the USA !!! Western Friendly !! COALITION OF THE WILLING !!
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    How can anyone take seriously a person who calls the holocaust a myth?

When, where, and to whom did he say the holocaust is a myth?

Post the speech in Farsi if you want. Whatever floats your boat.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    sponger wrote:

Word.

I don't see anything wrong with investigating historical events. However in North America it's considered racism and is illegal in some Provinces of Canada. Being that it's not illegal to investigate those events in Iran and it's certainly not racist to suggest an alternative viewpoint. I'd say they are probably more enlightened. I could be wrong, but seems like good logic.

Even if he is wrong, he is entitled to that opinion, imo.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Word.

I don't see anything wrong with investigating historical events. However in North America it's considered racism and is illegal in some Provinces of Canada. Being that it's not illegal to investigate those events in Iran and it's certainly not racist to suggest an alternative viewpoint. I'd say they are probably more enlightened. I could be wrong, but seems like good logic.

Even if he is wrong, he is entitled to that opinion, imo.

You correct. He is entitled to his opinion. However, it's just hard to take him seriously. I'm glad you posted what you just posted. Now I know what's really behind your point of view.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:

Its all in the translation i suppose....

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Others
    Victimized by Those Who Fight Against Truth & Logic
    By Ashahed M.Muhammad
    December 2005

You've heard all of the rancor and probably wondered if you are unacquainted with the facts and have no other sources other than the controlled media what all of the fuss was all about?

On December 8th 2005 it was reported that Iran ’s President Ahmadinejad said the following:

"Some European countries insist on saying that during World War II, Hitler burned millions of Jews and put them in concentration camps," Ahmadinejad said. "Any historian, commentator or scientist who doubts that is taken to prison or gets condemned."

"Let's give some land to the Zionists in Europe or in Germany or Austria , so they can have their government there," he said. "They faced injustice in Europe , so why do the repercussions fall on the Palestinians? Offer a piece of land from Europe, and we will back this decision and will not attack this government."

"Those who are occupying and ruling Jerusalem , what is the origin of their fathers? ... Most of them have no roots in Palestine , but they are holding the destiny of Palestine in their hands and allow themselves to kill the Palestinian people," he
    said.

Source: CBSNews http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/08/world/main1109320.shtml
  • Options
    Its all in the translation i suppose....

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Others
    Victimized by Those Who Fight Against Truth & Logic
    By Ashahed M.Muhammad
    December 2005

You've heard all of the rancor and probably wondered if you are unacquainted with the facts and have no other sources other than the controlled media what all of the fuss was all about?

On December 8th 2005 it was reported that Iran ’s President Ahmadinejad said the following:

"Some European countries insist on saying that during World War II, Hitler burned millions of Jews and put them in concentration camps," Ahmadinejad said. "Any historian, commentator or scientist who doubts that is taken to prison or gets condemned."

"Let's give some land to the Zionists in Europe or in Germany or Austria , so they can have their government there," he said. "They faced injustice in Europe , so why do the repercussions fall on the Palestinians? Offer a piece of land from Europe, and we will back this decision and will not attack this government."

"Those who are occupying and ruling Jerusalem , what is the origin of their fathers? ... Most of them have no roots in Palestine , but they are holding the destiny of Palestine in their hands and allow themselves to kill the Palestinian people," he
    said.

Source: CBSNews http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/08/world/main1109320.shtml

That is not the complete version of that quote.
    "Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces.... Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: Is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem? If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe."

He says, "Although we do not accept this claim..."

http://radioislam.org/nejad/holo.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel
    http://www.adl.org/main_Anti_Semitism_International/ahmadinejad_words.htm
  • Options
    sponger wrote:

Clutching, straws, semantics, wrong end, wrong stick.

Enjoy the Iran war. Should make good TV for you to enjoy and get all a quiver about in your box of fear.
  • Options
    Clutching, straws, semantics, wrong end, wrong stick.

Enjoy the Iran war. Should make good TV for you to enjoy and get all a quiver about in your box of fear.

blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Personally, id like to see you put fact where your mouth is.

When has he ever expressed the desire to genocide the jews?

And tell me, Monsiuer, Lord of the Zionists, if he did preach this, its a strange thing that the large Jewish comminity of Iran has not yet been attacked in any way. Dont ya think, huh?

Did you know Iran, outside of Israel, has the largest Jewish community in the Middle East? They seem to feel safer there than in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kuwait, Iraq...Oh wait, hang on, I see a connection with these coutnries...the USA !!! Western Friendly !! COALITION OF THE WILLING !!

Actually, there is some confusion in the interpretation of his speech. It appears that the popular "wipe Israel off the map" quote was misinterpreted and consequently, misquoted. So it does appear I was wrong in that specific aspect. I stand corrected. But many of his other quotes (see down below) are accurate and very revealing.

Although, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad often refers to his hate for Zionists, during these references he rarely makes the distinction between Zionists, Jews and Israel. Ariel Sharon eliminated the Zionist regime, in the Gaza, a long time ago. Nonetheless, it is disturbing and revealing that he used Khomeini's old speech.

One should also consider that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's beliefs in a radical, Islamic world order, is no less evil, deadly and oppressive than the "New World Order of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld or of a Zionist regime.

This guy ( Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ) is obviously a puppet (figurehead) for some extreme, radical Islamic sect who has more than peace and love on their agenda.

Say what you will, but none of these clowns (Bush, Cheney, Ahmadinejad...etc) have good or peaceful intentions. They are all up to their collective necks in violence and murder.

You want to pick sides and claim one is better than the other? Go ahead.

For me, they are all the same.

" It bears repeating as long as the accusation is made. Ahmadinejad did not "threaten" to "wipe Israel off the map." I'm not sure there is even such an idiom in Persian. He quoted Khomeini to the effect that "the Occupation regime must end" (ehtelal bayad az bayn berad). And, no, it is not the same thing. It is about what sort of regime people live under, not whether they exist at all. Ariel Sharon, after all, made the Occupation regime in Gaza end. "

" He made an analogy to Khomeini's determination and success in getting rid of the Shah's government, which Khomeini had said "must go" (az bain bayad berad). Then Ahmadinejad defined Zionism not as an Arabi-Israeli national struggle but as a Western plot to divide the world of Islam with Israel as the pivot of this plan.

The phrase he then used as I read it is "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope-- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government.

Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that "Israel must be wiped off the map" with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be erased from the page of time.

Again, Ariel Sharon erased the occupation regime over Gaza from the page of time.

I should again underline that I personally despise everything Ahmadinejad stands for, not to mention the odious Khomeini, who had personal friends of mine killed so thoroughly that we have never recovered their bodies. Nor do I agree that the Israelis have no legitimate claim on any part of Jerusalem. "

" With reformists sidelined and Ahmadinejad setting a strident new tone on the global stage, figures from the extreme right of Iran's political spectrum are defining the terms of political debate in the country. In remarks that set off a domestic firestorm, a senior cleric ( Ayatollah Taqi Mesbah, and similar comments by an aide) close to the new president suggested in January that Iranian voters were largely irrelevant because the government requires only the approval of God. "

" Esrail ghiyam-e mossalahaane bar zed-e mamaalek-e eslami nemoodeh ast va bar doval va mamaalek-eeslami ghal-o-gham aan lazem ast. " - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

" Israel has declared armed struggle against Islamic countries and its destruction is a must for all governments and nations of Islam. " - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

" Ahmadinejad is a devout believer in the return of the "occulted" or 12th imam "

“Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury,” - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

" Thanks to the blood of the martyrs, a new Islamic revolution has arisen and the Islamic revolution of 1384 will, if God wills, cut off the roots of injustice in the world. " - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

" The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the entire world. " - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    sponger wrote:
    You correct. He is entitled to his opinion. However, it's just hard to take him seriously. I'm glad you posted what you just posted. Now I know what's really behind your point of view.

You gotta understand something, some of these people who post on this board, are from Canada, and for some reason many, many Canadians seem to have a soft spot for dictators and for communist type leaders and the rhetoric they spew. I know he suppose to be democratically elected, still doesn't give him or any other world leader the right to preach hate.

I believe that comes from our past and present politicians, probably as we debate this, some of our past Prime Ministers are in Cuba holding the hand of Castro praying with the family.

Hell the protest held in Quebec that displayed hezbollah flags, thier were members of parliament participating.

However, I as a fellow Canadian have no use for the leaders of countries like Iran, Cuba, NK and other countries like that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon