Options

Stock market

Comments

• Options
    Not leaving Twitter until it actually turns to shit. Which shouldn't be long. Remember - he's paying 44B because he has to.
    It's always been shit.  Too many people have a say on there.  Wayyyyy too many.

I use it for sneaker and poster drops.  Not much else.
    Not my fault you're doing it wrong.

Also, if you think it's shit now wait till he takes it over. Better yet, the irony of thinking something's shit but worth 44B.
    Doing it wrong?  Yeah sure Hoss.  I use it for exactly what I need it for.  

Kanye is worth billions and people think he's shit...

People think Amazon is shit, Chevy is shit, Wal-mart is shit, oh the irony indeed.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    nicknyr15 said:
    Screw all social media I’m off all of them, I can come here and read, laugh , learn some and be fine oh that right I can still buy a newspaper or have a subscription to good news outlets! Fuck that Russian asset! 
    Since we are being 100% pure in our reading and comprehension around here now....where is your proof that Elon Musk is a "Russian Asset"
    https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2022/10/14/fiona-hill-putin-war-00061894
    Good read she def mentions him by name! Maybe not the proof you seek or the proof that I spew but def something to think about! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    Screw all social media I’m off all of them, I can come here and read, laugh , learn some and be fine oh that right I can still buy a newspaper or have a subscription to good news outlets! Fuck that Russian asset! 
    Since we are being 100% pure in our reading and comprehension around here now....where is your proof that Elon Musk is a "Russian Asset"
    Yeah I have to agree with Cincy here.  Voicing ideas about diplomacy and ending the war on terms that are not 100% favorable to Ukraine and the west doesn't make someone a Russian asset, especially if they are worried about escalation to WW3 and the use of nukes.

For the record, twitter was always shit.  I have been off for over a year, around the same time I ditched my smart phone.  Elon won't make it better or worse, it always has been and always will be crap.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I have to agree with Cincy here.  Voicing ideas about diplomacy and ending the war on terms that are not 100% favorable to Ukraine and the west doesn't make someone a Russian asset, especially if they are worried about escalation to WW3 and the use of nukes.

For the record, twitter was always shit.  I have been off for over a year, around the same time I ditched my smart phone.  Elon won't make it better or worse, it always has been and always will be crap.  
    Ok I overstated on Musk! He could of just as well stated that Russia just needs to get out of Ukraine like that diplomat did I forget her name. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ok I overstated on Musk! He could of just as well stated that Russia just needs to get out of Ukraine like that diplomat did I forget her name. 
    I think everyone is in agreement that if Russia left Ukraine all the problems would solve themselves.  That is likely not something that will happen in this reality.  As far as the narrative that anyone that doesn't 100% support the current state of military support of Ukraine either being a Russian asset, or only thinking that they have independent ideas while actually echoing well placed Russian narratives from Vladimir Putin is what I am having a real problem with these days, especially when we have "intelligence agents" of all sizes and shapes showing up on all of the major networks (Brennan, Clapper, and too many others to count) helping to shape what our perspective should be.  It's like the US is ready to reopen the John Birch Society and start having McCarthy style hearings. 

Not a  fan Musk or Tesla or any associated companies btw.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Im an idiot to push my savings into the stock market last fall when it was on an Octopussy-esque All Time High. Should have kept being lazy and finally do it this fall instead. 

But whatever. It will solve itself with time. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Im an idiot to push my savings into the stock market last fall when it was on an Octopussy-esque All Time High. Should have kept being lazy and finally do it this fall instead. 

But whatever. It will solve itself with time. 
    it always does...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    The Twitterverse is really reveling in now-former Twitter employees loosing their jobs.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    The Twitterverse is really reveling in now-former Twitter employees loosing their jobs.
    It's a new owner, he wants his own people.  Not sure why people would not understand this.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    OnWis97 said:
    It's a new owner, he wants his own people.  Not sure why people would not understand this.
    I think he's talking about people being happy other people lost their jobs not being surprised they lost them. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I think he's talking about people being happy other people lost their jobs not being surprised they lost them. 
    Really?  Wow.  I missed that one, lol.

So people are happy the decision makers are gone?  And I thought it was a cesspool before, just think of what it will turn into now, lol!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,119
    OnWis97 said:

So people are happy the decision makers are gone?  And I thought it was a cesspool before, just think of what it will turn into now, lol!

We should all be happy. Musk revealed himself as q.

Ironic he needs the govt and tree huggers to maintain his fortune (space x and Tesla). Once libs realize his EVs do almost nothing to save the planet, his worth will decline. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    edited October 2022
    Haaaaa this is laughable. Again, if you think Twitter is a cesspool now wait till more uncertainty is thrown into the mix by taking verifiable, reliable sources and making them pay to use the platform....

• Options
    Ha, this is without me realizing that blue check were never about verifying that someone wasn't a bot. Now, if anything, anyone who wants to pay can get a blue check. And what the fuck is the point of that. 

Like Dingus above said - apparently only those with money should be respected. So since Kanye has money, and pays to have a blue check mark, that: $ = verified, reliable source.
  • Options
    It's a good way to make money.

I'm sure this has something to do with the bots he was worried about?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

How? There aren't any verified bots, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802

no, its a way to make up for lost ad revenue since the TWIT has already shown he will treat the platform like his personal page.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lol "I'm sure"

this will (should) make users trust it less. It is baffling how trusting some people are of someone trying to make a buck.

Bots do not get verified lol.  Someone like Nate doesn't "need" a blue check. This just makes verifiable people that do not want to pay look less reliable in the long run - especially those who come onto the platform later, and are not "established". What the hell is wrong with peoples brains lol

What's going to happen here: he's going to try his best to turn a large profit, his board and the public that own shares will realize he can't do so in the long run, and will then proceed to take Twitter private at which point it will be a Parler equivalent anyway.

• Options

How? There aren't any verified bots, right?
    What is stopping someone from getting verified then running a bot through it?
  • Options
    Do you know what a bot is?

Of course people automate tweets emails, etc etc, but it's at the direction of someone/something that can be traced lol

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/about-twitter-verified-accounts
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lol "I'm sure"

this will (should) make users trust it less. It is baffling how trusting some people are of someone trying to make a buck.

Bots do not get verified lol.  Someone like Nate doesn't "need" a blue check. This just makes verifiable people that do not want to pay look less reliable in the long run - especially those who come onto the platform later, and are not "established". What the hell is wrong with peoples brains lol

What's going to happen here: he's going to try his best to turn a large profit, his board and the public that own shares will realize he can't do so in the long run, and will then proceed to take Twitter private at which point it will be a Parler equivalent anyway.

I don't get how Twitter was worth 44 billion...  That just seems insane to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    lol "I'm sure"

Of course it's insane! That's because it's not! It's why the BODs of Twitter, any senior exec with rights in that sale, were like, "YES, PLEASE, ELON. IT'S ALL YOURS."
  • Options
    Do you know what a bot is?

Of course people automate tweets emails, etc etc, but it's at the direction of someone/something that can be traced lol

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/about-twitter-verified-accounts
    A bot is an AI program, no?

After reading the verification process I can see how that would be difficult to verify one.  I would think it could still be done though.  To me it's not worth the effort.
  • Options
    lol "I'm sure"

Of course it's insane! That's because it's not! It's why the BODs of Twitter, any senior exec with rights in that sale, were like, "YES, PLEASE, ELON. IT'S ALL YOURS."
    HA! Now that makes more sense.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Ironic he needs the govt and tree huggers to maintain his fortune (space x and Tesla). Once libs realize his EVs do almost nothing to save the planet, his worth will decline. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
    People that would buy a Tesla have their head so far up Elon's ass they will never see anything he does as bad.  His cult of personality is as bad as Trumps.  He can do no wrong to some.  Couple that with the billions of dollars the defense industry has tied up in his companies and Elon will not end up having a bad day.  Those military types are rife with Qs, I used to work in defense and if anything Q is the same stuff they were talking about a decade ago, they just have a call sign now.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,119
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:

People that would buy a Tesla have their head so far up Elon's ass they will never see anything he does as bad.  His cult of personality is as bad as Trumps.  He can do no wrong to some.  Couple that with the billions of dollars the defense industry has tied up in his companies and Elon will not end up having a bad day.  Those military types are rife with Qs, I used to work in defense and if anything Q is the same stuff they were talking about a decade ago, they just have a call sign now.

Many liked Musk and bought his EVs when he was able to mask his political leanings. Now that its become obvious he's a raging Q,  left leaning EV buyers may not want to be associated with his brand. To me EVs are todays snake oil fwiw.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Many liked Musk and bought his EVs when he was able to mask his political leanings. Now that its become obvious he's a raging Q,  left leaning EV buyers may not want to be associated with his brand. To me EVs are todays snake oil fwiw.
    I tend to think this all hurts Tesla as well. There are other electric cars for the libs to buy and no matter how much they love Elon, MAGA likes burnin' fuel.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I just don't understand the blind admiration to the guy. This country just loves to look up at rich people because they themselves wish they were also rich.

The only reason this'll hurt Tesla is because he had to borrow money from Tesla to buy this fuckin company. 
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Anyone been in a Tesla?  The friggin car is fast and really nice.  I'll say that about the car.