Options

Stock market

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Haha, good.  I hate Musk.  He's a total douche.  And now he's transparently backing out of Twitter.  He says it's because of the fake accounts, but Twitter has been signaling concern for their accounting for several years.  This isn't new.  Everyone knows it's because he linked both his wealth and the value of Tesla directly to bit coin and now it's plummeting.  Fuck him. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha, good.  I hate Musk.  He's a total douche.  And now he's transparently backing out of Twitter.  He says it's because of the fake accounts, but Twitter has been signaling concern for their accounting for several years.  This isn't new.  Everyone knows it's because he linked both his wealth and the value of Tesla directly to bit coin and now it's plummeting.  Fuck him. 
    Dude has a serious vision and that is why people invested in his companies.  I like his vision and I get that he's a dick, sometimes you need that in a business person.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    edited May 2022
    Haha he has no vision, he likes that you think that he does.

The Twitter deal was going to fall apart nearly immediately because of the finances of it. It was all a PR stunt. If he wanted to be a cause for good he could shut his mouth and just, ya know, use all that money to help people. But he's full of complete bullshit.

Yes, Musk, unions are the monopoly.

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

The Twitter deal was going to fall apart nearly immediately because of the finances of it. It was all a PR stunt. If he wanted to be a cause for good he could shut his mouth and just, ya know, use all that money to help people. But he's full of complete bullshit.

The richest man in the world has no vision..... Yeah, ok.....

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Dude has a serious vision and that is why people invested in his companies.  I like his vision and I get that he's a dick, sometimes you need that in a business person.
    Fine, be a dick.  But he's full of shit too.  Do you really think that he's hedging the Twitter deal because he thinks that suddenly the users are inflated?  Do you really think he didn't know or research the filings before making his very public bid to buy and take private? 
  • Options
    Took me a while to find it, but this was the best TLDR explainer on it all:

• Options
    JB16057 said:

Putin is likely the richest man in the world.  His vision was to take Ukraine in a few days. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Putin is likely the richest man in the world.  His vision was to take Ukraine in a few days. 
    Lol of a correlation of being wealthy with being a genius and/or having a vision.

His "vision" at first was to move large amounts of people in automated buses/trains at high speed, which then became cars, which then became tunnel chutes that can only hold one person in large sprawling infrastructure projects that will costs a fuuuuckkk ton of money. Uhhhhh huh.

The thing about Tesla, too, is not only is the investment in bitcoin going to fuck it, but also the barrier of entry to EVs for them is going to slide away as other tech and auto companies catch up. And at that point they have no competitive advantage. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited May 2022
    If Elon was a force for good he would buy Twitter AND Facebook and then nuke them both.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Also lol to the insinuation that because someone is the wealthiest person in the world that they deserve more of our attention - whether that be culturally, economically, or politically. Someone sure loves their plutocracies!
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Also lol to the insinuation that because someone is the wealthiest person in the world that they deserve more of our attention - whether that be culturally, economically, or politically. Someone sure loves their plutocracies!
    Give me Putin or give me Death!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited May 2022
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

I get people don't like him but to say he lacks vision is silly.

I don't care if he buys twitter or not.

SpaceX and Tesla are pretty big companies.  I would think he knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    If Elon was a force for good he would buy Twitter AND Facebook and then nuke them both.
    100%
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    The guy put a fucking Tesla into space.  What kind of a jerk would do that?  Like we need more shit orbiting the planet?  Even worse, he wants to put billboards in space.  What kind of an asshole would come up with that shit?  Fuck that guy.
    (Sorry, too much foul language?  Ooops.. but really, fuck that guy!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    The guy put a fucking Tesla into space.  What kind of a jerk would do that?  Like we need more shit orbiting the planet?  Even worse, he wants to put billboards in space.  What kind of an asshole would come up with that shit?  Fuck that guy.
    I don't think it's as bad as NFT's...
  • Options
    I mean he's a guy of privilege who had money to back him up along the way, namely his daddy developer who owned a blood diamond mine. He made the most of his opportunity due to said privilege by cashing out on his share of PayPal. This wasn't some fanciful story of becoming wealthy of himself alone here, like he was living on the streets with nothing to fall back on/

Lol rockets and electric cars are cool. Seems like to invest in that you've got to be pretty fucking wealthy to begin with. The only good thing he may have done is speed up other car manufacturers getting into the EV industry, and the implementation of Starlink.

No one deserves my trust and lack of skepticism because they're wealthy is the point lol. This isn't Einstein we're talking about here.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    static111 said:
    Give me Putin or give me Death!
    I’d rather be communist than a democrat.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And haha forget all that bullshit. If you think this is all because of some social culture policy, then I have some swampland in Florida to sell you. This dude is probably going to get fucked for some dumb securities fraud he did.
  • Options
    And haha forget all that bullshit. If you think this is all because of some social culture policy, then I have some swampland in Florida to sell you. This dude is probably going to get fucked for some dumb securities fraud he did.
    Disney bought swampland in Florida...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    brianlux said:
    I don't think it's as bad as NFT's...

NFT, NFT. NFT...  scanning brain circuits...

Hijacked by Arousal How a Racing Heart May Alter Decision-Making Brain  Circuits

Does Not Compute GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited May 2022
    Down 1200 points today.
    Glad I don't have any Target. But I might in a few days.

• Options
    Down 1200 points today.
    Glad I don't have any Target. But I might in a few days.

I'm big on RIVIN and want the stocks to tumble a little further to buy some Tesla, Amazon and Google before the splits.
  • Options
    Haha, this is great, SEC getting involved on Musk - basically this is going to turn into Twitter saying, "no backing out now, dipshit. you're buying it. oh you think $44B is too much? But you'll be fined $1B if you don't follow through. Let's call it $5B then (make up a number between $1B and $44B, it doesn't matter, either way it's way way wayyyy too much) and it's yours." What a genius.
  • Options
    Haha, this is great, SEC getting involved on Musk - basically this is going to turn into Twitter saying, "no backing out now, dipshit. you're buying it. oh you think $44B is too much? But you'll be fined $1B if you don't follow through. Let's call it $5B then (make up a number between $1B and $44B, it doesn't matter, either way it's way way wayyyy too much) and it's yours." What a genius.
    Twitter doesn't want Musk to buy them anyways.
  • Options
    Haha, oh Twitter definitely does want to take his money. I think what you mean to say is Musk never wanted to buy Twitter anyways.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    youre missing the point of Worthington's Law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25sSLBvk_M8

• Options
    Haha, oh Twitter definitely does want to take his money. I think what you mean to say is Musk never wanted to buy Twitter anyways.
    You think?  The world seemed up in arms about it and thought Twitter was trying to hold on to some street cred by not wanting him to purchase.

I'm waiting for Trumps social media platform to go live but we all know that will never happen... It was all a ruse.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    lol awesome.

Fun/Sad fact: Jay Johnston is an Insurrectionist.

EDIT:

Haha - 

Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on