Options

Thousands protest Israel offensive at White House..

Comments

• Options
    I definitely can enjoy the songs I disagree with. I enjoy the attitude in WWS, but I don't agree with the message.

So you can overlook the message. That was all I was saying.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    dayandayan Posts: 475
    Hmmm....I don't agree with Israel's actions. Maybe you should post about it if it means enough to you. I would never argue your right to post what you believe in, I'll only disagree with you if I do.

You haven't answered my question. My question is if you feel that rallies and protests are so important for starting dialogue and presenting all points of view why is it that you have only pointed to such events that support your own politics? Would you say the same about events that support the other side as well?
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    dayan wrote:
    You haven't answered my question. My question is if you feel that rallies and protests are so important for starting dialogue and presenting all points of view why is it that you have only pointed to such events that support your own politics? Would you say the same about events that support the other side as well?

every single second of every day the israeli side it shown in such a great light on american news, now you complain that our side is not doing enough to point out more of their (israeli) story/protest.

check it out, anderson cooper is running with the israeli troops again, reporting more sad stories of the poor people of israel.

we are asking for a balance.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    every single second of every day the israeli side it shown in such a great light on american news, now you complain that our side is not doing enough to point out more of their (israeli) story/protest.

check it out, anderson cooper is running with the israeli troops again, reporting more sad stories of the poor people of israel.

we are asking for a balance.

From where I'm sitting I see just the opposite. The news is awash in pictures of dead Lebanese and the political realities and the history and the context of the entire situation, all of which are important to know to understand where Israel is coming from, have been lost. I see the news as being biased (though not intentionally so) against Israel. I guess it all depends on where you are coming from. Even so I don't see your point. If the news is supposed to report on everything so as to create dialogue and get people thinking why should only the side you support fall into this description. Everything means everything, and yet it seems that from where you're coming from everything means only what you agree with.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    From where I'm sitting I see just the opposite. The news is awash in pictures of dead Lebanese and the political realities and the history and the context of the entire situation, all of which are important to know to understand where Israel is coming from, have been lost. I see the news as being biased (though not intentionally so) against Israel. I guess it all depends on where you are coming from. Even so I don't see your point. If the news is supposed to report on everything so as to create dialogue and get people thinking why should only the side you support fall into this description. Everything means everything, and yet it seems that from where you're coming from everything means only what you agree with.

Yes the news is showing quite alot of the destruction of lebabon, but at the same time they spin it into it being hezbollahs fault. They make it seem like israel is liberating lebanon or something, did'nt the news show the iraq war alot? does that mean the news was against the US or had a bias against america? of course not!
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Well in this case they are using them to fight Hezbollah.

but given their past aggression US law says it is ILLEGAL to sell Israel any weapons as well as give them any aid. given their secret nuke program and failure to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty US law says it is ILLEGAL to sell Israel any weapons as well as give them any aid. So it is still ILLEGAl under US law to sell these weapons to them.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    I would like to see those picture of the dead without the caption "Person from ::blank:: killed by missile fire". That way people would be able to see the victims of a war without oming to the conclusion "Forget it. Just more liberal propaganda" or "Forget it. Just more conservative propanagda." Once we get past thinking that everything is just more propaganda, then we'll be able to see that the victims of both of the Hezzballoh and Israel are just too much to ignore.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:

Because I believe in those stances. Why would someone post about something they don't believe in/agree with? That makes no sense. It's up to the person what they want to support and bring attention to. A person is going to post what is important to them...what they feel strongly about. You can post events about what you believe in and we can discuss it all day long but don't expect me to do it all for you.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Commy wrote:

yes, the killing needs to stop, Israel isn't helping themselves in the long run IMO, but if the international community does nothing about a state sponsored and supplied terrorist orgarnization like Hezbollah operating within the confines of another democratic country, then this cycle will continue.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Commy wrote:

LMAO how many protestors were muslims? Who fucking cares?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    LMAO how many protestors were muslims? Who fucking cares?
    Yea, you're right. Muslims aren't people with opinions about what matters to them, so fuck em. They don't count.
  • Options
    Yea, you're right. Muslims aren't people with opinions about what matters to them, so fuck em. They don't count.

I hope the FBI, CIA, and NSA has photos and ID's on every Muslim "american" that attends these protests. That way, when they end up showing their allegiances, and what side they're really on, we can remind you who exactly it is we're dealing with.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I hope the FBI, CIA, and NSA has photos and ID's on every Muslim "american" that attends these protests. That way, when they end up showing their allegiances, and what side they're really on, we can remind you who exactly it is we're dealing with.

So what, every Muslim who doesn't agree with everything that the government says is a terrorist? That doesn't make sense. Why would a terrorist go to a peaceful protest? If they were all terrorist they could've just over ran the security and taken over the whitehouse. If the government photographed and IDed everyone who fit the agenda of someone who could be part of a radical, violent movement, then we'd all be in the system.
  • Options

If I was close-minded Pearl Jam wouldn't be my favorite band. The close-minded folks on here are the ones that ask the question "Why do conservatives like Pearl Jam?"

The best, most accurate 2 sentences on the train!!!
  • Options
    Because I believe in those stances. Why would someone post about something they don't believe in/agree with? That makes no sense. It's up to the person what they want to support and bring attention to. A person is going to post what is important to them...what they feel strongly about. You can post events about what you believe in and we can discuss it all day long but don't expect me to do it all for you.

Again, I'm not asking why you don't post things you don't believe in. I'm asking whether in principle you would support the news reporting on pro-Israel rallies as well just as you've said they should report on anti-Israel rallies, since you've said that the news should report on everything.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    Again, I'm not asking why you don't post things you don't believe in. I'm asking whether in principle you would support the news reporting on pro-Israel rallies as well just as you've said they should report on anti-Israel rallies, since you've said that the news should report on everything.

I already said I support people who care enough to get out and make their voices heard and yes, I think they deserve to be covered(only as long as both sides are covered)

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    My local news just showed the rally, ummm the local pro israel rally.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    My local news just showed the rally, ummm the local pro israel rally.

Good.
  • Options
    acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
    Thousands of people (i.e. anti-semites) have too much time on their hands. Cut your hair and get a job, you god damned hippies!
    "If you want peace, be prepared for war."
    George Washington
  • Options
    acroyear wrote:
    Thousands of people (i.e. anti-semites) have too much time on their hands. Cut your hair and get a job, you god damned hippies!

Geez...is debate even possible with some of you here?!

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Geez...is debate even possible with some of you here?!

its possible, but pointless.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    acroyear wrote:

Would you like to re=re-phrase that?

Or are you implying that all anti-war, 'hippy' protesters are anti-semites?

Typical level of maturity.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    IDF Causes Serious Head Injury to Israeli Lawyer
    Saturday, 12 August 2006, 8:57 am
    Press Release: International Solidarity Movement

Israeli Army Cause Serious Head Injury to Israeli Lawyer at
    Demonstration
    Earlier today, August 11, the Israeli Army and Border Police shot an
    Israeli demonstrator with rubber bullets from close range in the head
    and neck, causing serious injuries. The man, who is a lawyer, was
    taken by the army to Tel Hasomer hospital from where he is reported
    to have suffered brain damage.
    In total 9 people were shot with rubber bullets in a non-violent
    demonstration in Bil'in. Those shot included 2 villagers of Bil'in as
    well as citizens of Denmark, France, USA, Japan and Israel. Other
    people from United Kingdom, Sweden, Denmark were beaten, struck with
    rifle butt or injured by sound grenade fragments.
    About 200 demonstrators joined the peaceful march from the Bil'in
    mosque to the Apartheid Wall about 1 km away. The purpose of the
    march was to demonstrate against the 'New Style of Killing' where
    even children are targetted by Israeli military forces. The marchers
    carried 5 mock bodies symbolising an entire family killed by Israeli
    military action.
    Before the marchers were able to leave the village soldiers blocked
    their route, announced the demonstration illegal and then immediately
    fired sound grenades and rubber bullets from close range. The
    solders' commander claimed the demonstration was illegal although an
    Israeli court has previously confirmed the right of Bil'in villagers
    to hold demonstrations.
    http://www.palsolidarity.org/main
    The International Solidarity Movement (ISM) is a Palestinian-led non-
    violent resistance movement committed to ending Israel's illegal
    occupation of Palestinian land. We call for full compliance with all
    relevant UN resolutions and international law
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    its possible, but pointless.

if debate is pointless why do you come here? to make yourself feel better about yourself for having a girls name?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    if debate is pointless why do you come here? to make yourself feel better about yourself for having a girls name?

Hey!! Leave Louisa alone.
  • Options
    IDF Causes Serious Head Injury to Israeli Lawyer
    Saturday, 12 August 2006, 8:57 am
    Press Release: International Solidarity Movement

Israeli Army Cause Serious Head Injury to Israeli Lawyer at
    Demonstration
    Earlier today, August 11, the Israeli Army and Border Police shot an Israeli demonstrator with rubber bullets from close range in the head and neck, causing serious injuries. The man, who is a lawyer, was taken by the army to Tel Hasomer hospital from where he is reported to have suffered brain damage.

In total 9 people were shot with rubber bullets in a non-violent demonstration in Bil'in. Those shot included 2 villagers of Bil'in as well as citizens of Denmark, France, USA, Japan and Israel. Other people from United Kingdom, Sweden, Denmark were beaten, struck with rifle butt or injured by sound grenade fragments.

About 200 demonstrators joined the peaceful march....

Before the marchers were able to leave the village soldiers blocked their route, announced the demonstration illegal and then immediately fired sound grenades and rubber bullets from close range. The solders' commander claimed the demonstration was illegal although an Israeli court has previously confirmed the right of Bil'in villagers to hold demonstrations.

hmmm, wonder what dayan, shiraz, jsand and the rest will say?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

you are aware some of those signs say they are from www.jewishvoicesforpeace.org, right?

i also don't get the quotation 'Gandhi and Nasrallah, together at last.' what is that supposed to mean?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i also don't get the quotation 'Gandhi and Nasrallah, together at last.' what is that supposed to mean?

It's called sarcasm. Gandhi was for peaceful resistance...Nasrallah is for genocide. Get it?
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Pretty funny that the protests here in Toronto almost had fighting going on. We let these people into the country for a better life (?) and they still bring their baggage from the homeland. If it means so much to you. Go back with your flags and violent ways and have it out back home. Not in downtown Toronto! Nice to see the tolerance from the Middle East spread to my home town. If they can't get it right this far removed from their homes how the hell are they ever going to get it right back in the old country.

All you war nuts saying to bomb the middle east to a parking lot are starting to sound better and better all the time. Just make sure those protesters from the other day are all back their when they decide to take them to the promised land.
    You've changed your place in this world!