Options

Homosexuals

Comments

• Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    know1 wrote:
    I think parades based upon sexual behavior are inappropriate for public viewing.

Oddly, the parades were first started with a root in awareness and tolerance. It was way of bringing to light the discrimination and bigotry against homosexuals and addressing that hate and mindset.

There was much hatred and violence against homosexuals, by ignorant, violent opportunists who saw the homosexual community as an easy target of tolerated violence; because of the ignorant mindset (much of it deeply rooted in religion or at the very least these violent apes used religion as their justification for their violent torment) of a large portion of the american population.

So if they were being targeted for their sexual orientation, it is completely justified for them to speak out, gather and form parades; based on their sexual orientation.

They simply wanted to be treated fairly and not be discriminated against, because of their sexual orientation.

If anything, ignorant hetrosexuals and their violent-orientated mindsets; brough on the parades.

Change the mindset and treat everyone as individual human beings, who have the same and equal rights as any hetrosexual; and we no longer have a problem. Nor will kids interpret homosexuality as a curse or burden to fear for one's life and career.

If hetrosexuals never had that ignorant mindset, there wouldn't be a "stigma" to being gay. If adults didn't react negatively, harshly, violently and condemn homosexuality, then, kids wouldn't suffer emotional stress, truama and live in fear as they discover themselves to be homosexuals.

And other kids wouldn't learn that ignorant mindset and seek to emotionally and sometimes physically torture homosexual teenagers.

It would be something like like:

" Dad, I just want to tell you. I'm gay. So stop trying to hook me up with our neighborJennifer. "

"Are you sure son? I mean, Jennifer has some great tits and a sweet ass!"

"I'm sure dad. I'm gay. "

"Okay. Pass me the mashed potatoes, please. And don't forget, we're going fishing this upcoming Saturday and we're leaving early. So make sure you get enough sleep, Friday night."

" Okay dad. Will do."

One more thing, don't forget to put the garbage out tonight.

"I won't dad. I'll do it right after I finsh my homework.

Thank you, son.
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    You are missing the point, age doesnt mean a thing, it doesnt annoy me half as much as it does to others that drive. What does that tell you?

Well you never answered my questions about what city you live in, that's the gay capital and all. So I can only assume you are a very new driver, though many places here wouldn't allow driving at your age. Also, I think it's so terribly sad that someone your age has so much anger.

I'm also thinking this:
    ATTN LADIES: STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    Yes, physical violence is wrong, but not having sympathy for an annoying person isn't. Did you really sympathize with the loud-mouth jerk kid in school who got beat up one day for mouthing off to the wrong person? I'd be lying if I said yes. That doesn't mean I think that beating the kid up was right either.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

" Dad, I just want to tell you. I'm gay. So stop trying to hook me up with our neighborJennifer. "

"Okay. Pass me the mashed potatoes, please. And don't forget, we're going fishing this upcoming Saturday and we're leaving early. So make sure you get enough sleep, Friday night."

" Okay dad. Will do."

Thank you, son.

Great post, all of it. But I just wanted to add something to the conversation:

"Hey son, don't forget to 'wrap it up'--not because you're gay, but because you may be having sex. We should talk more about this later."

:)
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    NMyTree wrote:
    Oddly, the parades were first started with a root in awareness and tolerance. It was way of bringing to light the discrimination and bigotry against homosexuals and addressing that hate and mindset.

There was much hatred and violence against homosexuals, by ignorant, violent opportunists who saw the homosexual community as an easy target of tolerated violence; because of the ignorant mindset (much of it deeply rooted in religion or at the very least these violent apes used religion as their justification for their violent torment) of a large portion of the american population.

So if they were being targeted for their sexual orientation, it is completely justified for them to speak out, gather and form parades; based on their sexual orientation.

They simply wanted to be treated fairly and not be discriminated against, because of their sexual orientation.

If anything, ignorant hetrosexuals and their violent-orientated mindsets; brough on the parades.

Change the mindset and treat everyone as individual human beings, who have the same and equal rights as any hetrosexual; and we no longer have a problem. Nor will kids interpret homosexuality as a curse or burden to fear for one's life and career.

If hetrosexuals never had that ignorant mindset, there wouldn't be a "stigma" to being gay. If adults didn't react negatively, harshly, violently and condemn homosexuality, then, kids wouldn't suffer emotional stress, truama and live in fear as they discover themselves to be homosexuals.

And other kids wouldn't learn that ignorant mindset and seek to emotionally and sometimes physically torture homosexual teenagers.

" Okay dad. Will do."

Thank you, son.
    I really like this post. But I have to laugh that a lot of the intolerance depicted above can now be found in groups of homosexuals except directed towards heterosexuals or breeders. Intolerance and hate cut across sexuality.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    I'm not sure where you are from, but here, the equal rights thing has swung the other way, Gays seem to get more privaleges, and get the benifit of the doubt, its only natural that people are kinda pissed off about it. I cant say that if I was gay and had those privilages I would turn them down though.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    I really like this post. But I have to laugh that a lot of the intolerance depicted above can now be found in groups of homosexuals except directed towards heterosexuals or breeders. Intolerance and hate cut across sexuality.

Do you see gay people beating heteros because of their sexuality? I'm totally curious, I haven't seen that.
  • Options
    I'm not sure where you are from, but here, the equal rights thing has swung the other way, Gays seem to get more privaleges, and get the benifit of the doubt, its only natural that people are kinda pissed off about it. I cant say that if I was gay and had those privilages I would turn them down though.

I live in new york city. And are we back to talking about the 'special treatment' like parades and 'a day'? yawn.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Gays seem to get more privaleges

Please enumerate some of them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Gay bars, and more importantly: the benifit of the doubt, if a gay is speeding he is less likley to get a ticket than a straight person why? Because the police are scared to look 'Homophobic' because they KNOW that the gays will play that card, they arent stupid.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options

Please list for us the extra rights and privileges being extended to gays that straight people don't get.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    Do you see gay people beating heteros because of their sexuality? I'm totally curious, I haven't seen that.
    I haven't been beat up but it has been made known to me that I was not welcome in a gay bar. I live in Canada where equal rights based on sexuality is specifiaclly mentioned and enshrined in law, but a hetero beating up a gay person is automatically deemed a hate crime but not vice-versa.

So you are okay with intolerance as long as there's no physical abuse? Or is it only okay for the gay person to be intolerant? Please elaborate.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    Gay bars, and more importantly: the benifit of the doubt, if a gay is speeding he is less likley to get a ticket than a straight person why? Because the police are scared to look 'Homophobic' because they KNOW that the gays will play that card, they arent stupid.

um. There are far more straight bars than gay bars in my experience. And most importantly, I am not a gay man but go to 'gay bars' often.

And is that really your benefit, what you think the cops will or won't do?
  • Options

how is a bar that caters to a specific clientel "a special right"? I am a sports fan, I guess having sports bars means that my kind gets special priviledges? And you are aware that straight guys can go in "gay" bars, aren't you?

and is there a special stamp on their drivers license that tell cops that they are gay?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options

HAHAHAHAHA... HA... HA... hoo...

That "gay driver" scenario cracked my shit up. Where did you come up with that? That's funny shit. Funny, ridiculous shit. Can you cite any evidence to back up your statement that "the gays" don't get as many speeding tickets?

How are gay bars a "special extra privilege"? Anyone's free to patronize a gay bar. I believe someone else mentioned earlier in this thread that there are straight bars. They're called "bars".
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    So you are okay with intolerance as long as there's no physical abuse?. Or is it only okay for the gay person to be intolerant? Please elaborate.

I never said any of that. Not surprisingly you put words in my mouth. YOU said:
    "I really like this post. But I have to laugh that a lot of the intolerance depicted above can now be found in groups of homosexuals except directed towards heterosexuals or breeders. Intolerance and hate cut across sexuality."

The intolerance depicted above was beating gay people. That's what we were talking about.
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    I never said any of that. Not surprisingly you put words in my mouth. YOU said:
    "I really like this post. But I have to laugh that a lot of the intolerance depicted above can now be found in groups of homosexuals except directed towards heterosexuals or breeders. Intolerance and hate cut across sexuality."

The intolerance depicted above was beating gay people. That's what we were talking about.
    Intolerance is "unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc.". The physical abuse is just how some very ignorant people choose to show their intolerance, other very ignorant people may call you a breeder or go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome based solely on your sexuality. In all cases it is the intolerance that causes the problem.
    I mentioned the intolerance, not how the intolerance is displayed. From small waves come ..."
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    How did a mental disorder ever become a lifestyle?

No, no, I was born schizophrenic, it's ok, we have parades and stuff. There is nothing wrong with me, I was born this way. Maybe the kid with MS will say the same thing. I knew a kid that was crippled and you never heard him say it was ok. He'd been that way from birth and hated it and made every effort to get help.

By this logic, we should let the serial killers and rapists run free. Only difference being that homosexuality doesn't directly kill people. The Gay Baths in San Fransisco during the 80's was the boom of the HIV virus and to this day 50% of AIDS victims are gay. That's the result of poppers and having 20+ partners unprotected each night.

Maybe that lack of seratonin in their brains also has something to do with their lack of responsibility.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options

That "gay driver" scenario cracked my shit up. Where did you come up with that? That's funny shit. Funny, ridiculous shit. Can you cite any evidence to back up your statement that "the gays" don't get as many speeding tickets?

How are gay bars a "special extra privilege"? Anyone's free to patronize a gay bar. I believe someone else mentioned earlier in this thread that there are straight bars. They're called "bars".

Typical liberal/lefty always wanting 'evidence'. Fuck you.

So what bars are more 'exclusive' to one sexuality? Bars in general or bars that are actually named GAY bars?
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options

Yeah! It's just like "the blacks" when they get pulled over. Oh wait . . .
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    Correct, anyone who makes a pain in the ass of themselves and gets hit/beaten up doesnt get any sympathy from me.

If that were the case, then we would be beating every annoying person, in every setting of our lives. Quite frankily, and working within your mindset; there are hundreds of thousands of more people out there every day, who deserve a severe beating.

Idiots who work at fast food drive thrus, Directory Assistance Operators, Telemarketers, people who talk through movies at the movie theater, people who can't turn off their directional blinkers, teenagers who walk slowely out into the middle of the street (not at the designated crosswalks) and take their time crossing, teenagers in general (especially 15 year olds) are the most annoying bunch. Waiters and waitresses who can't refill my drink, people who let their dogs crap on my lawn, white guys who think they can rap, New Jersey Devils fans, people who cut you off in traffic only to slow down once they're in front of you, people who don't speak english, religious people who keep talking about their "god" and religion, Miami Dolphins fans.............and the number one most annoying people on the planet.....are ....... teenagers who drive a two-door.......four foot long mini-car, but have three 18 inch subwoofers in their trunk, so they can blast hip-hop and rap as they drive by

...a beatin' all around! :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    VictoryGin wrote:

These days, they play the race card every chance they get. Taking advantage of our liberal society. For the last decade or two the masses have been willing to lie down and take a shit kicking from any minority that raises a stink. It's pretty pathetic.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:

Mabye where you are from, but not here.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options

So what bars are more 'exclusive' to one sexuality? Bars in general or bars that are actually named GAY bars?

Yes, "evidence" and verifiable "facts" are pretty handy when it comes to arguing a point, they'll beat "hateful generalizations" and "ignorant attitudes" any day of the fuckin' week.
  • Options

That is one of the most awesome statements ever!

Do you seriously not understand anything anyone has been saying all along?
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    teenagers in general (especially 15 year olds) are the most annoying bunch.

Oh very mature, I expect more from someone older, I'm dissapointed you stoop that low, frankly.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    These days, they play the race card every chance they get. Taking advantage of our liberal society. For the last decade or two the masses have been willing to lie down and take a shit kicking from any minority that raises a stink. It's pretty pathetic.

liberal society, my ass
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:

God, I didn't realize how easy gays and blacks had it these days! Golly gee, Vic, do ya think that the gays and the blacks know how lucky they are?? Do ya think they truly appreciate how good they have it? Boy, oh boy, what I wouldn't give to be a gay black woman in America today!! I'd be the queen of all I surveyed!! Life would be a nonstop erotic cabaret!!! What a cushy life those gays and blacks have.
  • Options
    Oh very mature, I expect more from someone older, I'm dissapointed you stoop that low, frankly.

Well it's not like he gave you a beat down for being annoying or anything.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483

Will you get real please. They are not equal, not by a mile. They have to undergo a lot of things that you can't even conceive of on an emotional level. Don't say that they get more privileges because that is bullshit. Just because they have a parade that you may or may not agree on doesn't mean that they have more privileges.
    You are talking as if it is a smart move to be gay. It is not. If only for the simple reason that you HAVE to make the decision Am I gonna be open about this or shall I conceal. It is still very common for young people to hide their sexuality when they are gay. It has all sorts of consequences. So don't you make it seem as if the emancipation of Homosexuals is made full and gone too far. It just shows a lack of realism and basic knowledge.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»