Options

Homosexuals

Comments

• Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Its their own fault. NOT for being gay, but for having to make such a big deal out of it.
    So would it be ok for me to indiscriminately beat the shit out of republicans? I mean, they're pretty proud of their conservatism, they make a big deal out of it, and it pisses me off, so that makes it ok, right?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    Mabye not where you live, but I live in a gay capital, and parades are ALWAYS going on.

What's the 'gay capital'?
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    So would it be ok for me to indiscriminately beat the shit out of republicans? I mean, they're pretty proud of their conservatism, they make a big deal out of it, and it pisses me off, so that makes it ok, right?

Oh, so now I said it was ok for them to get beaten up? Dont mess with what I mean, I'm just saying that they have no sympathy from me if they do.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Yes, I really do. I speak out on gay parades the most because they serve no purpose, they dont raise awareness at all. All they do is make an enemy for themselves, and then they come crying to us when they get the shit beaten out of them as if its our fault.

What general purpose does an Irish, Puerto Rican, or veteran parade have that a pride parade doesn't?

And, um, heteros make a really big deal out of their relationships. For godsakes weddings are a billion dollar industry, people have several announcements and save the dates, and registries, and on and on. But I sure as hell don't beat the hell out of them and tell them it's because they made such a big deal out of it.
  • Options
    Oh, so now I said it was ok for them to get beaten up? Dont mess with what I mean, I'm just saying that they have no sympathy from me if they do.
    You said it was their fault if they got beaten up. So if I beat up a republican it's his or her fault, not mine, and they would not be deserving of sympathy ... correct?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    What general purpose does an Irish, Puerto Rican, or veteran parade have that a pride parade doesn't?

And, um, heteros make a really big deal out of their relationships. For godsakes weddings are a billion dollar industry, people have several announcements and save the dates, and registries, and on and on. But I sure as hell don't beat the hell out of them and tell them it's because they made such a big deal out of it.

I know, and I dont like those either. Dont try and pin me down as 'Homophobic' because I'm not, just because I dont like the parades doesnt mean I dont like them. The main pride parade this year was actually boycotted by a company (ran by gays) that usually funds it because it has lost his meaning.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Now you don't see me dancing round in my underwaer because I am straight, I do agree with you on some level. However Do you walk hand in hand with your girl? Do you kiss her when you pick her up from work or whatever?
    They often can't, really they aren't that excepted as one might like to believe. You don't get kicked your head in for walking hand in hand do you?

You might not care. That wasn't the point now was it? You talked about acceptance. I didn't made these comments because I thought you might have a problem, I posted that because they have a problem. They do not get excepted. And then again how ugly is that to get excepted, what does that say about you? This is not respect for another human being. Would you like to be tolerated? Would that make you feel part of society? Would that be something that added to your happiness?

Sure I get what you are saying and it is somewhere in me as well, but it is wrong on some level just like on some level it is wrong to dance half naked in the street, whether you are guy or straight.
  • Options
    I know, and I dont like those either. Dont try and pin me down as 'Homophobic' because I'm not, just because I dont like the parades doesnt mean I dont like them. The main pride parade this year was actually boycotted by a company (ran by gays) that usually funds it because it has lost his meaning.

Frankly, it's not the parade issue that is causing the most concern. It's this:
    Its their own fault. NOT for being gay, but for having to make such a big deal out of it.

So, I'll look forward to your responses to hippiemom's posts in regard to that (and my hetero relationship comment if you're so inclined).
  • Options
    I posted that because they have a problem. They do not get excepted. And then again how ugly is that to get excepted, what does that say about you?

Oh, so now I go out and condone it? Thats not what I said. I said that I have no sympathy.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    Frankly, it's not the parade issue that is causing the most concern. It's this:

So, I'll look forward to your responses to hippiemom's posts in regard to that (and my hetero relationship comment if you're so inclined).

They do make a big deal out of it, if they did it in a feild, I wouldnt care, but it is so inconveinient for everyone who wants to drive anywhere. Take midgets for example, they get it worse than gays. But they dont have a midget parade. (If they do, they dont make a big deal out of it)
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Oh, so now I go out and condone it? Thats not what I said. I said that I have no sympathy.

Are you always unsympathetic? Or are you sympathetic when women are raped or random people are mugged and beaten? I'm just trying to gauge this.
  • Options

Whats not what you said?
  • Options
    They do make a big deal out of it, if they did it in a feild, I wouldnt care, but it is so inconveinient for everyone who wants to drive anywhere. Take midgets for example, they get it worse than gays. But they dont have a midget parade. (If they do, they dont make a big deal out of it)

So? You still aren't answering the question. Or maybe you're saying if a midget gets beaten, you'd feel sympathetic because he or she didn't 'make a big deal out of it'?

Exactly what city do you live in and how many of these pride parades are there a year? Just curious . . .
  • Options
    I've seen lots of republicans in parades. There were huge gatherings of them right across the street from my office at the start of the war in Iraq, making a great big deal of their support for Bush and the war. They were noisy and annoying and they messed up rush hour. I should have beaten them up.

I don't think I could ever beat up a midget though, that's just mean.
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    Are you always unsympathetic? Or are you sympathetic when women are raped or random people are mugged and beaten? I'm just trying to gauge this.

Depends on the issue
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    I've seen lots of republicans in parades. There were huge gatherings of them right across the street from my office at the start of the war in Iraq, making a great big deal of their support for Bush and the war. They were noisy and annoying and they messed up rush hour. I should have beaten them up.

I know I wouldn't feel bad if you did that. And it's only because it took me longer to drive somewhere!
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

I don't think I could ever beat up a midget though, that's just mean.

I'm not republican, I'm not a bitch for any government. Its good to hear you dont beat up midgets though.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Depends on the issue

That's what I thought.
  • Options
    Heres how it goes:

If gays want to parade around and make a pain in the ass of themselves (They do, navigating through parades is a pain in the ASS, and seeing as we get about 5 minor parades and one big parade a year its fucking annoying) then thats up to them, but if someone gets pissed off and beats one up, I have no sympathy, I wouldnt have any sympathy if it happened in a straight parade.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    I'm not republican, I'm not a bitch for any government. Its good to hear you dont beat up midgets though.
    Um ... you entirely missed the point.

You said that you feel no sympathy when gays get beat up, because they make a big deal of their gayness and make enemies for themselves, and they have only themselves to blame.

I said that I see republicans making a big deal of their political leanings, gathering together in large traffic-disrupting groups, making an enemy of me. So if I beat them up, it's their fault because they brought it upon themselves ... right or wrong?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    I think parades based upon sexual behavior are inappropriate for public viewing.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Um ... you entirely missed the point.

You said that you feel no sympathy when gays get beat up, because they make a big deal of their gayness and make enemies for themselves, and they have only themselves to blame.

I said that I see republicans making a big deal of their political leanings, gathering together in large traffic-disrupting groups, making an enemy of me. So if I beat them up, it's their fault because they brought it upon themselves ... right or wrong?

Correct, anyone who makes a pain in the ass of themselves and gets hit/beaten up doesnt get any sympathy from me.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Oh, so now I go out and condone it?

Yes you should not be aware whether they are gay. That isn't just realized, but that should be the goal. It should truly not matter.
  • Options
    Correct, anyone who makes a pain in the ass of themselves and gets hit/beaten up doesnt get any sympathy from me.
    Interesting. In your book, physical violence is an appropriate response to being annoyed.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Interesting. In your book, physical violence is an appropriate response to being annoyed.

I'm sorry for seeming very anti-peace but yes, thats what I think. Obviously, there are times where you draw the line (little kids, animals)
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    I'm sorry for seeming very anti-peace but yes, thats what I think. Obviously, there are times where you draw the line (little kids, animals)

I just noticed in your profile that you are 15-years-old... no offense, but that sort of explains a lot.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Heres how it goes:

If gays want to parade around and make a pain in the ass of themselves (They do, navigating through parades is a pain in the ASS, and seeing as we get about 5 minor parades and one big parade a year its fucking annoying) then thats up to them, but if someone gets pissed off and beats one up, I have no sympathy, I wouldnt have any sympathy if it happened in a straight parade.

So... you're "inconvenienced" 6 days out of 365? Boy, that does sound rough.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    I just noticed in your profile that you are 15-years-old... no offense, but that sort of explains a lot.

15 and worried about driving around parades, eh? huh.
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    15 and worried about driving around parades, eh? huh.

You are missing the point, age doesnt mean a thing, it doesnt annoy me half as much as it does to others that drive. What does that tell you?
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c