Options

So who got the most tickets today? I bought 4 shows

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJPixie wrote:
    This is so very true. I didn't get tickets to any of the shows and i live in So Cal. Sen and I were discussing this last night, even if we didnt' get tix it was gonna be so much fun to see everyone, be around everyone and just enjoy it all. I signed up to be part of the pre-party fundraiser before the shows just so I can be with EVERYONE even tho I'm not going to the shows. I've even opened up my home for a few folks that are traveling into town to save them some $$ on hotels while they are here. It's good PJ love! Just being around everyone that has the same passion and love for this band. A lot of people don't understand it. People I work with think I'm Banana's but being with all of you peep's, it just feels good. You guys understand it :D
    FLOW freakin SHIZZLE~
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    I am not attempting any of these solo shows, but seriously does everyone have to go to every show? Go to one and be happy. Where do these endless supplies of money and days off come from? PJ fans are getting obsessive and obnoxious. It seems with each passing tour, this is getting worse and worse. I am worried if they announce a PJ tour this summer.

This is hilarious from someone who's signature lists 10 shows including Gorge 9/1/05 and Vancouver 9/2/05 and Gorge 7/22/06 and 7/23/06.

Did you need to go all these shows? Why wasn't 9/1/05 enough for you? Or just one Gorge show in 2006? Why didn't you "go to one and be happy"?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    rrivers wrote:
    This is hilarious from someone who's signature lists 10 shows including Gorge 9/1/05 and Vancouver 9/2/05 and Gorge 7/22/06 and 7/23/06.

Did you need to go all these shows? Why wasn't 9/1/05 enough for you? Or just one Gorge show in 2006? Why didn't you "go to one and be happy"?
    funny shit
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    not complaining but just have a question - how in GODS NAME did one person manage to get tickets to four shows without the help of others? i tried from the moment they went on sale until about 11 30 and got nothing . . . im just curious as to how . . .

It seemed like around 11:00 to noon (maybe even later, I logged off then), people seemed to give up or things sorted out because I got through quite a few times then. I probably could have gotten more tickets than just the two I wanted then.

To answer your question: persistence, even when it looks like there is no chance in hell you will get tickets, keep trying.

Good luck with ticketmaster.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Didn't realize it was a competition. :confused:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    Are you going to try for the second San Diego show this Friday? You should... it's in your neighborhood.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Are you going to try for the second San Diego show this Friday? You should... it's in your neighborhood.

Wuhll....YEAAAH!! :D

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    Wuhll....YEAAAH!! :D
    I know... I are dumb.
    Last night of this leg... maybe hometown boy Matt will show up to drum. And maybe Mike will show. You never know, right?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Fuck. You.

:)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Looks like I got charged for a couple...does that count??
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I know... I are dumb.
    Last night of this leg... maybe hometown boy Matt will show up to drum. And maybe Mike will show. You never know, right?

Makes sense to me.

• Options
    fucking whinging yanks, spare a thought for all the pj fans that live outside the US and only get a world tour every 3-4 years.

have a fucking cry.................
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    lame...

I dont go to the shows for just pj or ev, it's about the trip and the experiences and the friends you go with and make on the way. it wouldn't be the same without that. having the ability to relive and share the memories from shows with friends is priceless and is TOTALLY worth the $$$ you have to front in order to make it happen. it just makes more sense to live in the present tense.

and i wasn't braggin about getting 4 shows, i was simply looking for statistics.
    You don't have to explain yourself TO ANYBODY nor should you feel guilty just because you got through and most people didn't....it is the luck of the draw PERIOD. FUCK JEALOUSY and I hope you have the fucking time of your life CH!!!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    fucking whinging yanks, spare a thought for all the pj fans that live outside the US and only get a world tour every 3-4 years.

Done. A thought has been spared for you. Now please spare a thought for us yanks who only get to see a Men at Work tribute band once in a great while. Thank you kindly. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Done. A thought has been spared for you. Now please spare a thought for us yanks who only get to see a Men at Work tribute band once in a great while. Thank you kindly. ;)

hee hee hee
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    fyreguy73 wrote:

that's a bit harsh, most of the complaining has been over the loss of substaintial amounts of money from bank accounts and worries about how they are going to pay bills/live until the money comes back in and also the lack of communication from the 10c.

this is not the normal whiny fan boy/girl rubbish that you can sometimes see here.
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    not complaining but just have a question - how in GODS NAME did one person manage to get tickets to four shows without the help of others? i tried from the moment they went on sale until about 11 30 and got nothing . . . im just curious as to how . . .

Got mine after 11. I also just saw the buy button available for the Santa Cruz show 20 minutes ago...its a strange system. Persistence is key.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    fyreguy73 wrote:

Heh, I have no gripes about this other than the fact that non-US/Canadian residents were shut out of the sale.

If I want it enough, I'll fly over there.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    October22 wrote:

Here's to having a shitload of fun in April and making some new friends along the way!

Peace
    that up there is the part that ALOT of people forget about!

good full post by the way. Theres always gonna be angry fans but i guess its exxxpected. Theres never a way to make EVERYONE happy. But i agree, lets just ALL have a GOOD TIME!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    way to go man,

have an awesome time....
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    October22 wrote:
    Even though most of you are being cool about it, I feel I have to step in here and say something because I have read a few negative posts in this thread.

Camaro's Hood is the man. We're best friends (grew up together) and we go to all the shows together (along with my brother and his best friend). We love this band not just for the music but for all the memories they've given us. In '06, we racked up a bunch of tickets on here and we rented an RV and followed the band around the east coast. It was one of the best times of my life. How much do sports fans pay for tickets (not to mention season ticket holders)? Nobody seems to give them a hard time. Why is this any different? We only have a chance to do this once every two years at best and it's still cheaper than an equal amount of sporting events. All I hear is envy when people complain about how many concerts we go to. Does the baseball fan who loves his team but can't go to every game shit on the guy who can? No. Why do (some) PJ fans do this? (And believe me, there are people who blow us away in concerts attended)

...and another thing. A few weeks before the '06 tour we gave away two extra tickets to the Letterman aftershow (he already mentioned how he gave away tix in hawaii). We were offered over $300 for those tickets but we declined because we got them for free and so we gave them away for free. We've never asked for money for tickets and we don't buy tix we don't intend to use. The reason we always have extra (as we do for this round of shows) is because 10C sells them in pairs and we are all online at the same time buying them so after the dust settles we figure out what to do with the extras.

...and another thing. It's really not that hard to get tickets if you put your mind to it. CH and I have never been shut out during a ticket sale...never. Why? Because we treat it like a competition. Why? Because it is! Sorry, but that's the truth. We spend hours (literally hours) on the days leading up to the sale strategizing and coming up with a solid game plan. No, I'm not joking. I took apart my mouse and recalibrated it so it was ready. I got up early, rubbed one out and had a protein shake. Basically, we don't fuck around and we don't give up. When I was in high school and college, I slept out on the sidewalk many, many times in NYC to get tickets to see my favorite bands. Those were awesome times and I miss those days. I guess I just look at this as an extension of that kind dedication (we waited 46 glorious hours for Irving tix last year too, by the way. It was almost as fun as the concert!).

I do feel bad for people who REALLY tried and got shut out but so many people on here act like jackasses during a sale. They start making threads on the board complaining about how they are getting shut out while the fucking sale is STILL going on!

Anyway, I've rambled enough and I'm sure you get my point. I hope I didn't come off like a dick but I had to get some of that shit off my chest (not a wise place to store one's feces, after all).

Here's to having a shitload of fun in April and making some new friends along the way!

Peace

and PS: Camaro's Hood wasn't gloating. Purely data collection :-)
    What an awesome post. Mayhaps a little too much information ;), but it's wicked cool just the same.

Good luck to you! Fun times ahead :)
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    ...and another thing. It's really not that hard to get tickets if you put your mind to it. CH and I have never been shut out during a ticket sale...never. Why? Because we treat it like a competition. Why? Because it is! Sorry, but that's the truth. We spend hours (literally hours) on the days leading up to the sale strategizing and coming up with a solid game plan. No, I'm not joking. I took apart my mouse and recalibrated it so it was ready. I got up early, rubbed one out and had a protein shake. Basically, we don't fuck around and we don't give up. When I was in high school and college, I slept out on the sidewalk many, many times in NYC to get tickets to see my favorite bands. Those were awesome times and I miss those days. I guess I just look at this as an extension of that kind dedication (we waited 46 glorious hours for Irving tix last year too, by the way. It was almost as fun as the concert!).

I do feel bad for people who REALLY tried and got shut out but so many people on here act like jackasses during a sale. They start making threads on the board complaining about how they are getting shut out while the fucking sale is STILL going on!

Great post! I posted a similiar thing in another thread about people posting on this board WHILE THE SALE IS GOING ON!!!!! Hello? I saw a thread asking how to get tickets prior to the sale and I thought about posting not to go to the messageboard during the sale, but decided not to. More people on the messageboard is less trying to get tickets.

It amazes me that people think buying tickets for such a small show would be easy. I was prepared (not as much as you, though! Recalibrating your mouse and rubbing one out!!!!! That's dedication, my man!!!!) All I did was make sure I could log in (ie no cookie problems) and just realized I was going to be sitting there until there were no more tickets available. Then during the sale, I couldn't log in because of a cookie problem. Not knowing much about computers, I did a google search to find out what I could do and figured out how to accept all cookies. I didn't come to this board to complain about it!!!!

I see it just as you do, that it is similiar to waiting outside in line for hours for tickets, except this way I can sit at my computer, with a cup of coffee, in my pajamas and click refresh until I get the tickets.

I, too, have never been shut out for PJ tickets I wanted. I just do what I have to do to give myself the best chance. Whether it means asking my mom to call to get tickets for me back in 1995 when I had to work and they were doing the outside Ticketmaster thing, or standing in line, or getting online.

If I was shut out, I would just acknowledge not everyone who wanted them could get them and wish those who did a great time.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003

it totally is a competition.... you are competing against other fans to get a VERY limited amount of tickets.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    rrivers wrote:

You have all proven my point for me. Thank you. PJ fans are obsessive and obnoxious. Sure I have been to a few shows over the course of THIRTEEN years. I don't go to every show on each tour; sure they are great experiences, but come on spending every spare dime you have on PJ. I am not questioning how people spend their money; they can do what they want. However, there is much more to life. These obsessive people that come on here and ridicule everyone who disagrees are pathetic losers. That's all they spend their time doing. Get a life. I went to more than one Gorge because I happened to be there and lived close. It's the people that go to every show all over that need to get a life and invest in some life savings.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    was I the only one who wore a pair of Depends Undergarments?

and actually had to use them...?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    It's the people that go to every show all over that need to get a life and invest in some life savings.

so do us a favor and define "a Life". Should we watch TV? read a book? church? get married? rape some animals? Ed goes to everyshow... does he not have a life?

idiot...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    so do us a favor and define "a Life". Should we watch TV? read a book? church? get married? rape some animals? Ed goes to everyshow... does he not have a life?

idiot...
    Wow you can use big words. The philisophical arguing about "a life" is pointless. You know exactly what I mean. Dedicating your entire life to only one small band is kind of....sad.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Wow you can use big words.
    IDIOT

i also know UBB code... just kidding nathan, would you like to attend the shows with me?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    You have all proven my point for me. Thank you. PJ fans are obsessive and obnoxious. Sure I have been to a few shows over the course of THIRTEEN years. I don't go to every show on each tour; sure they are great experiences, but come on spending every spare dime you have on PJ. I am not questioning how people spend their money; they can do what they want. However, there is much more to life. These obsessive people that come on here and ridicule everyone who disagrees are pathetic losers. That's all they spend their time doing. Get a life. I went to more than one Gorge because I happened to be there and lived close. It's the people that go to every show all over that need to get a life and invest in some life savings.

I wish I had the ability to view everyone's bank account like you do and see everything they do with their life so I could condemn them.

Just because camaro'shood posted that he is going to four shows doesn't mean he is spending all his money on these shows, that Pearl Jam is his life, or that he doesn't spend his whole life here.

There are many people who don't understand why you would need to see one band more than once. You still look like a hypocrite with the long list of shows under your name when you come here and say people are obsessed.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    mr camaro ,,ive seen your posts about being generous and sharing tickets for free WHICH IS AWESOME AND KIND

HOWEVER

this thread is to gloat... period

i could care less im not traveling to see the democractic convention

but dont sugar-coat your gloating by saying you've been kind in the past