Options

So...is Boom an official member or what?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Everytime they do a TV performance he is missing. SNL, LETTERMAN,VHI

hmmmm

Scott
    And Waylon Jennings mama thought her boy was being mistreated because they only showed his hands on tv....imagine how distraught Ms. Gaspar is
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhel4RJdQk

Listen to the first 10 seconds and you'll know why he wasn't there.
    Jesus Chirst, so he sounds a little rusty, so what. It happens no one bitches when Mike fucks up or Ed. And we all know that Ed has fucked up on lyrics to some songs. I enjoy it. It humanizes them. Besides it's funny as fuck to have that type of humor. Especially watching their reaction to themselves.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    That was Brendan O'Brien on keyboards.
    thank you for answering that...I was going to write it but obviously I am late. He played keyboards for the band when the need arose prior to dragging "boom" around with them.

I hope that Boom never becomes an "official" member. I don't really think he offers much to the band. I look forward to more involvement of Stone in the writing process. I think that the album(s) that Boom has played on (including the statements regarding him "inspiring" the band) have been weak. And he forces a really mediocre level of "jamming" when he plays live with them. During the last tour I was pleased that he wasn't included on every song. He overpowers too much of the nuance with his loud baseball stadium quality playing.

I view Boom the way I view the add-in of cute cousins or unexpected late-in-life pregnancies to aging sitcoms. Obviously I don't know how much of an inspiration he was to the creative process...but I know what i like and I know what I don't like to hear.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I wondered where he was is all.
    I'm sure they wouldn't play if Jeff or Stone couldn't be there so i'm just wondering why Boom wasn't there. Even if it was BB playing.

woah...first off they did play without Stone (it's been said)

and second - you are talking about the difference between founding members, who write A LOT of the songs and an added in touring musician...this is like comparing apples to...sofas.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    Boom's like a crazy uncle... you love him, but you're always a little nervous about how he'll behave in public.
    Oh c'mon! Shame on you.
    I WILL admit I got a good laugh out of it.

• Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    yes, it means you're a lemming :D[/quote]

Thanks.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Bu$hleagueBu$hleague Posts: 78
    not particularily related, but I'm not a fan of the "booooooooommmmmm" chants.

Endearing at first, but despite good intentions, the tone is too negative. Same goes for anyone with a "ooo" sound in their name. I can't stand when red sox fans chant "Yoooooouuuuuk" for Kevin Youkilis.

Boom might as well be an official band member by now, he was even heavily featured in the italian tour DVD.
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun"
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    Bu$hleague wrote:
    not particularily related, but I'm not a fan of the "booooooooommmmmm" chants.

Endearing at first, but despite good intentions, the tone is too negative. Same goes for anyone with a "ooo" sound in their name. I can't stand when red sox fans chant "Yoooooouuuuuk" for Kevin Youkilis.

Boom might as well be an official band member by now, he was even heavily featured in the italian tour DVD.

he even has his own "special moment" in that dvd too. i was a little dissapointed to not see him it just didnt look right with a different pianist.
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    yes, it means you're a lemming :D

Whom?

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Bu$hleague wrote:

until they list him as a part of the band in the liner notes of a studio album (which they didn't do on Avocado...and never will), he's not a member of the band. He's listed only as an "additional musician" because that's all he is.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhel4RJdQk

Listen to the first 10 seconds and you'll know why he wasn't there.

you think this has anything to do with the fact that they never played the song before this?
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    Bu$hleague wrote:

yeah he was featured and all the stone fans got to see was him reading a book on the couch in a flash.

it really sucks.