Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    hey?! what did i do?

i'm petitioning for klausen to do a flatstock in santa barbara, or at least an online poster sale.

just saying what I heard ;)

flatstock needs to come to boston

actually... i don't want to get divorced...strike that idea
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • bostonlou wrote:
    just saying what I heard ;)

flatstock needs to come to boston

actually... i don't want to get divorced...strike that idea

you can always just buy the s. america poster for $675 on ebay :(
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    did you guys hear that Brad didnt show up at the Flatstock yesterday-

supposebly had something to do with ( or maybe had something to do with ) the fact that some of the poster flippers were only allowed to buy 1 / per, & then subsequently went to some of the other artists attending the flatstock thing and asked them " can you go buy me more of these posters from another artist cuz i already got my limit of 1 " .

I wouldnt be suprised if that left a bad taste in Brads mouth and thats why he opted to no-show the next day.

buttmunches
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    did you guys hear that Brad didnt show up at the Flatstock yesterday-

supposebly had something to do with ( or maybe had something to do with ) the fact that some of the poster flippers were only allowed to buy 1 / per, & then subsequently went to some of the other artists attending the flatstock thing and asked them " can you go buy me more of these posters from another artist cuz i already got my limit of 1 " .

I wouldnt be suprised if that left a bad taste in Brads mouth and thats why he opted to no-show the next day.

buttmunches

i heard he was allowing people to buy 2 of each. which seems to promote flipping, i would think.
  • i heard he was allowing people to buy 2 of each. which seems to promote flipping, i would think.

Flippers suck big time! Unless Klausen`s posters are sold on Klausen website, there will always be unhappy people.... the way he sells his poster is kind of chaotic (probably not the appropriate word), some were sold on gigposters, others on BRY and some at flatstock. I don`t blame him for that. But in some ways, flippers are more attracted to his posters because of that, they are so difficult to get (especially the ap ones)
  • Flippers suck big time! Unless Klausen`s posters are sold on Klausen website, there will always be unhappy people.... the way he sells his poster is kind of chaotic (probably not the appropriate word), some were sold on gigposters, others on BRY and some at flatstock. I don`t blame him for that. But in some ways, flippers are more attracted to his posters because of that, they are so difficult to get (especially the ap ones)

dude, ron, wtf have you been? seems like i haven't seen you in a year or so. welcome back.

its nice to have someone who posts nothing but the truth back in the pit.
    its nice to have someone who posts nothing but the truth back in the pit.

i'm not a liar

but true Ron B is a blast from the past !
    mystery poster sales days,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Klasuen was allowing everyone to purchase 2 of each poster, so I don't think that he is overly concerned with people flipping his posters. If he was he would have limited it to 1 each.

one of the reasons people want these posters so bad is because they are hard to get. You wouldn't care as much about the DC if everyone had one. Some people didn't have to have the Benaroya LP until it was sold out and the value increased.

What artist doesn't want to see his or her work increase in popularity and at the same time increase in $$.

Just some thoughts
    you can always just buy the s. america poster for $675 on ebay :(

i could of had a SA for the *AHEM* retail price of $300... i passed

i only like to pay big bucks for hideous unseen posters ! :)
  • bostonlou wrote:
    i could of had a SA for the *AHEM* retail price of $300... i passed

i only like to pay big bucks for hideous unseen posters ! :)

i 2nd that. bring back the mystery poster sales, i need another tester '05 missoula :)
  • HatTrick wrote:
    What artist doesn't want to see his or her work increase in popularity and at the same time increase in $$.

isn't that the law of supply and demand though? if more people want the art, it will undoubtedly increase in $$.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    i'm not a liar

but true Ron B is a blast from the past !
    mystery poster sales days,...

hey, if ron burgandy says it, its the TRUTH!

he also has many leather bound books.
  • isn't that the law of supply and demand though? if more people want the art, it will undoubtedly increase in $$.

Yes, so why do we get angry when people take advantage of this and sell them?
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    It's good to see that you are still alive ... you had disappeared for quite some time. Hope all is well with you :)

Hey, I am back in my office....so I am back on the message pit.
    I spent most of the summer northern Canada, which sucks big time for poster stuff!

Damn I wanted the s/n LA and Gorge posters so much.... better luck next time I guess.
    hey, if ron burgandy says it, its the TRUTH!

he also plays a mean jazz flute

east harlem shakedown boys... e flat... and take the baseline for a walk

little ham and eggs comin at ya

great flick... just watched it yesterday on demand for the 30th time ;)
  • HatTrick wrote:

because we're all communists.
    because we're all communists.

making the baby jesus cry :(
    platessmall.jpg
  • so has anyone else heard back from ames about the problems with orders?
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    HatTrick wrote:

I think its more to do with the fact that not everyone had a chance to get some of these posters. Those of us on the east coast didn't have much of an opportunity for the sub, which I believe went on sale a little after 2am and then Flatstock in Seatle.
    Id rather see Brad with an Ebay account, it would be better paying him 150$ for his art then some dude you ran the fastest to the booth.

Im sure that Brad was a little pissed about ppl going to other artists asking them to buy prints for them. Thats a REALLY dirty move...
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
    i got id wrote:
    so has anyone else heard back from ames about the problems with orders?

i sent them an email about the problem with my leg 2 subscription

I had a small problem... you know... the issue of most of the posters sucking...

they never got back to me ;)
  • hey, if ron burgandy says it, its the TRUTH!

ahhhhh...the smell of rich mahogany...
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • lamperti77 wrote:
    ahhhhh...the smell of rich mahogany...

speaking of which...I just got my CCFA San Diego after a long wait and I love it.
    i got id wrote:
    speaking of which...I just got my CCFA San Diego after a long wait and I love it.

i love the ron b on there but i'm not a fan of the coloring
  • Im sure that Brad was a little pissed about ppl going to other artists asking them to buy prints for them. Thats a REALLY dirty move...[/quote]

Thats crazy if thats really what happened. I felt bad for the majority of the other artists, because there was a nice size line at Brad's booth and pretty much no one at any of the other booths.

I was initially surprised that Brad was even allowing people to purchase more than on of each. Makes be beleive that he doens't mind the flippers.
  • Aren't flippers to artists like the paparazzi to celebrities...A necessary evil...High flipping prices make the artist more "valuable"..Just a thought..
  • Lou - welcome back. Again.

Anyone order a CCFA leg 1 print, from the second batch that went on sale, and receive it yet?

Edit - Actually, just checked the caringfan.org site, and it looks like my poster is/will be shipping today.
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    Lou - welcome back. Again.

Anyone order a CCFA leg 1 print, from the second batch that went on sale, and receive it yet?

Edit - Actually, just checked the caringfan.org site, and it looks like my poster is/will be shipping today.

i had a ding and dent waiting for me after vacation

but i didn't see any dings or dents

i love the apology on the invoice... sean must be writing that in his sleep ;)
  • hip_n_jam wrote:

i'm still waiting for my santa barbara print.
    I'm not sure but I think Master Modeler experienced a slight delay??
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    HatTrick wrote:
    Klasuen was allowing everyone to purchase 2 of each poster, so I don't think that he is overly concerned with people flipping his posters. If he was he would have limited it to 1 each.

one of the reasons people want these posters so bad is because they are hard to get. You wouldn't care as much about the DC if everyone had one. Some people didn't have to have the Benaroya LP until it was sold out and the value increased.

Just some thoughts

That's what I've been saying.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR