Options

Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Options
    I'm always looking for poster trades, so if anyone is interested, check out my collection on expressobeans.com. PM me if you see something you like or have something available that I am looking for. My user name there is cheese.
    92xxx
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Gorge Night 2, pulled off of bry.

i think its humorous and all, but i dont have the " need " for this one,...

http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=13512

i like the fly w/ cheneys head on it ! lol
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    whistle wrote:
    no you were right, the pic is pretty fuzzy so its hard to make out, but 'Pearl Jam' is spelled out on the face of the cliff

the pic on expressobeans is pretty good

i like it being subliminal

anyone wants to sell or trade a Gorge Cliff... let me know
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    whistle wrote:
    no you were right, the pic is pretty fuzzy so its hard to make out, but 'Pearl Jam' is spelled out on the face of the cliff

now i sea it. i actually noticed it only on the smaller pic on expressobeans.

night one suiter than night two.
  • Options
    lamperti77 wrote:
    now i sea it. i actually noticed it only on the smaller pic on expressobeans.

night one suiter than night two.

night 1 is more sugary but i like the big ape ... probably my favorite leg 2

what's it say on the wagon? something machine?

wow... so I have 1 definite keeper for my sub to leg 2 ;) and a couple of maybes that's just super

oh well... looks like i have some trading or selling to do
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    lamperti77 wrote:

I wonder what the eight marks on the side of the wagon are for? Other than 8 albums, hopefully.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I wonder what the eight marks on the side of the van are for? Other than 8 albums, hopefully.

van?

that looks like a van to you?

how about 8 years in office
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    bostonlou wrote:
    van?

that looks like a van to you?

how about 8 years in office

Hahaha, sorry, don't know how I got van out of WAGON....wasn't paying attention.

8 years in orifice make sense. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    War Machine

i am diggin' Magilla
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Hahaha, sorry, don't know how I got van out of WAGON....wasn't paying attention.

8 years in orifice make sense. ;)

tis ok... i was sitting here thinking... what the hell do you call those things

took me like 15 seconds... which is too long in my book to remember what a wagon is called ;)

BG...

aahhhh... War Machine

I was seeing Wax Machine but that didn't make sense
  • Options
    Gorge 2 is now my favorite from Leg 2. Maybe from the whole tour.

Great imagery.

* The classic big, dumb ape.
    * The "W" on his undersized helmet, which helps add to the "dunce" feeling.
    * Cheney as the annoying little fly that keeps buzzing around and won't go away.
    * The war wagon with 8 tally marks on it, presumably for 8 years in office, although I'm open to other suggestions on what that might also mean.

This one will go down in history as one of the more classic anti-G.W., anti-war posters.
    "Tried to walk, found a severed ... Matt???"
  • Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327

Great imagery.

* Cheney as the annoying little fly that keeps buzzing around and won't go away.
    * The war wagon with 8 tally marks on it, presumably for 8 years in office, although I'm open to other suggestions on what that might also mean.

This one will go down in history as one of the more classic anti-G.W., anti-war posters.

I wish they could have used an original W/Cheney reference. It's identical to the San Antonio 03 poster. The head at least. But I agree, it's still pretty damn cool.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    What about the beer cans tied to the wagon?
    That may be the best "dig" yet.
    It's an awesome poster.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283

Great imagery.

All it is, is a recycled image. The ape and fly from Texas 03(really from THe no more BU**SH** poster) sitting on a wagon. I think it's the best ames of the second leg but come on, that isnt saying much!
  • Options
    What about the beer cans tied to the wagon?
    That may be the best "dig" yet.
    It's an awesome poster.
    I agree with the beer cans. As far as awesome poster goes, IMO Boston 1 and Philly 1 are the only awesome posters from this tour from Ames. Everything else is par or subpar.
  • Options
    Qball wrote:
    All it is, is a recycled image. The ape and fly from Texas 03(really from THe no more BU**SH** poster) sitting on a wagon. I think it's the best ames of the second leg but come on, that isnt saying much!

if i owned the old ape i'd probably care more

i'm just glad its something I like

i was looking for the old apes but now I have one

i wish this was the milw or st paul... 2 of these in different colors would be preferable to those other ones
  • Options
    nevermind
  • Options
    audome25audome25 Posts: 163
    overplayed and weak. one of the most beautiful settings in the world, dosomething to honor it, save the tired and reused shit for new jersey.
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 194
    Gorge is up yo
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    audome25 wrote:
    overplayed and weak. one of the most beautiful settings in the world, dosomething to honor it, save the tired and reused shit for new jersey.
    ???????????
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Brushdaily wrote:
    Gorge is up yo

sold out - yo
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    Anyone know where I can buy a Gorge II poster?
  • Options
    molocono wrote:
    Anyone know where I can buy a Gorge II poster?

just missed your opportunity for a s/n one from http://www.bigpopposters.com/

ebay? or wait until the tour is over and snag one from 10C.
  • Options
    If anyone wants a gorge 2 poster and will trade it for a DC Klausen PM me!
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,194
    audome25 wrote:

I really like the ape int he wagon. Nice improvment on the San ANtonio poster. That said, I think Bush as Bigfoot in the wagon would have played well for the Northwest venue. What made San A. so cool was the Texas flag, which tied it to the venue. Nothing like that here. Stil, I'm keeping this one from my sub. Glad I was there Saturday night to pick up the Klausen.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    I really like the ape int he wagon. Nice improvment on the San ANtonio poster. That said, I think Bush as Bigfoot in the wagon would have played well for the Northwest venue. What made San A. so cool was the Texas flag, which tied it to the venue. Nothing like that here. Stil, I'm keeping this one from my sub. Glad I was there Saturday night to pick up the Klausen.

Also like the different size: 13x26
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 194
    I know the Gorge II poster is a total rehash from top to bottom even down to the "Pearl Jam" being written in the same exact font as Boston II...But with that being said it's still my favorite poster from the whole tour. What does that mean?
  • Options
    Brushdaily wrote:
    I know the Gorge II poster is a total rehash from top to bottom even down to the "Pearl Jam" being written in the same exact font as Boston II...But with that being said it's still my favorite poster from the whole tour. What does that mean?

Actually, the font is slightly different than Boston.
  • Options
    Anybody? I know it's a long shot..

I have SF2 (broken missle) or/and VFC Elephant to trade..

PM me if interested..
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."