Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    "AP NEWS - The CCFA isn't approving the Justin Hampton Hawaii poster... his image was thought to be in bad taste and they will be working on a different version. No dates are available for the new image"

wow...
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bostonlou wrote:
    "AP NEWS - The CCFA isn't approving the Justin Hampton Hawaii poster... his image was thought to be in bad taste and they will be working on a different version. No dates are available for the new image"

minus the "bad taste" part and insert something else....

yes, I said "insert something else"
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bostonlou wrote:

wow...

did the said image involve a purple dolphin? :confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    minus the "bad taste" part and insert something else....

yes, I said "insert something else"

I like when you say that
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

AP NEWS - ECM Edition - The CCFA isn't approving the Justin Hampton Hawaii poster... his image was thought to be similar to a huge hairy vagina and they will be working on a different version. No dates are available for the new image"

Filthy Mop wrote:
    I like when you say that

i like the new screen name
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    did the said image involve a purple dolphin? :confused:
    Penguin
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Hey, I am looking to purchase some different posters that I prefer more than these three so I was putting this out there to see if anyone was interested in purchasing these. I would l prefer one person to purchase all three but will take seperate offers as well. All are signed, #'d, and framed.

Pearl Jam Indio 93 TAZ -

Pearl Jam Pensacola FL 94

Pearl Jam Charleston 96 TAZ
    HatTrick wrote:
    Hey, I am looking to purchase some different posters that I prefer more than these three so I was putting this out there to see if anyone was interested in purchasing these. I would l prefer one person to purchase all three but will take seperate offers as well. All are signed, #'d, and framed.

Pearl Jam Indio 93 TAZ -

Pearl Jam Pensacola FL 94

Pearl Jam Charleston 96 TAZ

how much are you asking??

this isn't ebay.
  • kinikini Posts: 97
    Sydney 2 (Turman) on Wishlist if anyone is interested. Any others being put up later today?
    9/25/92, 9/26/92, 9/27/92, 2/20/97, 2/21/97, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
  • I just got the poster on wishlist. I think the poster crase is over for tonight .
    yostarama wrote:
    I just got the poster on wishlist. I think the poster crase is over for tonight .

i passed on the brokeback guy riding a bomb.... again

:)
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    bostonlou wrote:
    i passed on the brokeback guy riding a bomb.... again

:)
    So I guess you're not a "Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" fan?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Ok I am going to ask another silly question....
    Can anyone tell me how come some of the fan club singles have bigger holes?
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    loose morals
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    mcocozza wrote:
    loose morals
    :D

"Any tread left on that tire or is that basically like throwing a hot dog down a hallway at this point?"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    aus_suz wrote:
    Ok I am going to ask another silly question....
    Can anyone tell me how come some of the fan club singles have bigger holes?

they either have the standard small hole or a large one in which you place an adapter to make it the same size as the small one, just do some research for a 45 adapter

viva la vinyl
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    mcocozza wrote:
    loose morals

That was superb.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
    So I guess you're not a "Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" fan?

nope... solly
  • jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    bostonlou wrote:
    nope... solly
    Here you are Lou (or anyone else who's interested):

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9903/08/kubrick.obit/strangelove.jpg

(Kubrick is the man...)
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
    schmoff wrote:
    they either have the standard small hole or a large one in which you place an adapter to make it the same size as the small one, just do some research for a 45 adapter

viva la vinyl

Yeah I have some adapters. I was just wondering why some were produced with smaller holes then other yrs they had the bigger holes needing an adapter.
  • jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    aus_suz wrote:
    Yeah I have some adapters. I was just wondering why some were produced with smaller holes then other yrs they had the bigger holes needing an adapter.

Someone correct me if I'm off base here...but could it have to do with the way the audio is "encoded" into the vinyl? I'm wondering if the records with small holes are rotated at a certain rate, and the ones with bigger holes are rotated at a different rate of speed.

(disclaimer: I haven't fully thought this through, and i'm already doubting my theory...ha!)
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    aus_suz wrote:

adapter:
    http://www.soonews.ca/newsphotos/5281.jpg
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    jasone6 wrote:
    Someone correct me if I'm off base here...but could it have to do with the way the audio is "encoded" into the vinyl? I'm wondering if the records with small holes are rotated at a certain rate, and the ones with bigger holes are rotated at a different rate of speed.

(disclaimer: I haven't fully thought this through, and i'm already doubting my theory...ha!)
    European 45's are created with small holes. American 45's are created with the larger holes to accomodate the jukeboxes in which they are put into.
    And yes, you're way off base.
    Posters, on the other hand are devalued quite a bit no matter what the size hole.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • posters with holes are the new black
    mcocozza wrote:

Looks more like a clit/penis pump to me....
    European 45's are created with small holes. American 45's are created with the larger holes to accomodate the jukeboxes in which they are put into.
    And yes, you're way off base.
    Posters, on the other hand are devalued quite a bit no matter what the size hole.

Why would 10c produce some with smaller and some with bigger?.........
    Has any of the LP's have larger holes...is it only the 45's
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I got my Perth Aus . poster from wishlist that I bought onfeb8th and it was signed and numbered. I was curious if the posters they are selling now Newcastle etc. are signed? Are all of there posters signed and numbered thanks?
    Heres the break down..
    1991 sml
    1992 sml
    1993 lge
    1995 lge(1994)
    1996 lge
    1997 sml
    1998 lge
    1999 lge
    2000 lge
    2001 lge
    2002 lge
    2003 sml
    2004 lge
    2005 sml

Perhaps different record labels made the vinyl.
    In 1955 when 45's were first made AWA had the larger hole.