Paul Can't Add, Paultards Don't Care

13»

Comments

• Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    jlew24asu wrote:
    ;) being called a paultard stung huh :D

I find this odd.

No but you know how the saying goes, When in Rome...

Also the vote to give the President the authority to go to war was orginally meant for the invasion of Afghanistan. There was a second vote in 2002 to show support, or not, for the president's plan to invade Iraq.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    mammasan wrote:

Also the vote to give the President the authority to go to war was orginally meant for the invasion of Afghanistan. There was a second vote in 2002 to show support, or not, for the president's plan to invade Iraq.

ah ok. so he supported going to war with Afghanistan and was his vote the second time in 02?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    ah ok. so he supported going to war with Afghanistan and was his vote the second time in 02?

He voted yes to invade Afghanistan in 2001. He voted no to invade Iraq in 2002.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    mammasan wrote:

burn the christians???
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    burn the christians???

I prefer to feed them to the lions.
  • Options
    To vote or not to vote, whether tis nobler in the mind to be a paultard or a slavetard.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    YoyoyoYoyoyo Posts: 310
    mammasan wrote:
    He voted yes to invade Afghanistan in 2001. He voted no to invade Iraq in 2002.

It was not a vote for the invasion of Afghanistan, but a vote to kill Obama Bin Laden.
    No need to be void, or save up on life

You got to spend it all
  • Options
    Mestophar wrote:
    It was not a vote for the invasion of Afghanistan, but a vote to kill Obama Bin Laden.

Looks like you fucked up on your spelling there, guy.
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    Huh.
    I wouldn't be confused at all.

Look at it like this.

He CORE beliefs on most of that are RADICAL:
    Abolish the IRS and CIA and Federal Reserve
    Elimnate Medicare, Social Security and Federal Abortion Regulation ...

pretty much all the stuff he is against, he is hardline against on constitutional principals ...

HOWEVER, that being said,
    it is ALL tempered by current politcal reality,
    which means that,
    he recognizes the truth that old folks will NOT give up Social Security or Medicare ... so he plans to phase it out through legislation and give young folks an out, but still keep it, and keep the money safe!

For taxes he would work on laws to get rid of them as quick as possible but as slow as necessary.
    Same for the Federal Reserve.

Are we talking about the "Free Trade" section? Because NAFTA and CAFTA and all that crap have NOTHING to do with "Free" trade and everything to do with trade in the interest of large corporations, and those that wrote the regulations.

About the only thing i think he would do ASAP is end the war!

So i don't know whats on wikipedia these days,
    but that is his is real thoughtprocess.

ok. clear as mud, thanks. :D

one question- on what authority do you have that information... his "real thought process"? i think that's the problem some people have with paul supporters. it sounds more like a cult than a political choice!
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options

one question- on what authority do you have that information... his "real thought process"? i think that's the problem some people have with paul supporters. it sounds more like a cult than a political choice!

because GWBush was clearly an intelligent political choice?

Paul supporters sounds may sound cult-like because america hasnt witnessed a true grass-roots candidate with any viable chance for nomination in what has to be decades of "democratic-process".

perhaps politics should be seen less through opinions and instead upon valor and trust,...?
    we don’t know just where our bones will rest,
    to dust i guess,
    forgotten and absorbed into the earth below,..
  • Options

Because i've watched every piece i can find on the guy.

Why do you have to get derogatory with the whole "cult" thing.

Can't i just know my subject?

I can answer pretty bizzare trivia about Pearl Jam members too. Does that mean i'm in a cult or that i'm just passionate and enthusiastic in my envolvement with something?

His stances ARE extremely logical.
    I don't get this whole "clear as mud" crap.
    Perhaps the problem is you are expecting the typical see-through magic-elixer bullshit that EVERY other politician is pushing.

Go watch Ron Paul speak at the Taft Club or on PBS -- remember to watch ALL parts of both ...

and come back.

The problem is Ron Paul is SO realistic that too many won't even be able to follow the logic, because their lives are so far from the truth of that reality.

Dig it this way,
    when Ron Paul says "abolish the IRS" you have to remember this ... the guy has been a congressman for DECADES!

You think he is stupid about the legal process in this country? Uh, hello, he is a "crazy constitution worshiper" ...

... listen to him answer the questions about his "radical" philosophies and understand that HE understands that they are JUST that, "philosophies" ... you can't get back to an ideal in a day ... Rome wasn't built in one ... you couldn't dismantle it in one...

... there is a process, and he KNOWS this intently ... he says things like "the people have to really want these changes" and "it won't be easy, it could take 10 years" (to pay off the debt) and "you have to have a congress that is willing to do the job" ...

... come on man ... the president is ONE branch of a 3 branch system, it needs support from the other 2 AND the public. Congress is going to be a REAL tough sell ... and he knows this ...

that is why you can't make sense of his issues, and you can NOT fault him for it either ... he knows

a. this is what is "right", this is what the constitutiton says, this is what the people who fought so hard to found this land wanted for it!

b. this is the PATH back to that ... there is no goddamn miracle cure, we have to follow the process and phase this shit out of existence by whatever convoluted red-taped means necessary ... it's just "how it works" and our job is NOT to change it ... it was supposed to be slow and painstaking for a reason ... to PREVENT immediate reversal of rights and of the process it self ... but we have let it creep up on us ... over centuries and decades we have let the government usurp our GODGIVEN rights (read the goddamn preamble, they spell it out in a paragraph, you have rights given to you by GOD and even the law of man cant take them from you, stand up and fight for them this document does NOT guarantee them, GOD does, and this document is just meant to spell them out to you so you dont forget what you are inherently entitled to, DONT LET ANYONE TAKE THEM FROM YOU!) ... and the process of reclaiming them will be laborious, painstaking and tedious ...

... so what do you want man?
    ... truth or beauty?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Danny Boy wrote:
    Cool. What's the difference though? I do have to point out that most everybody voting for that bill knew what was coming ~ my living room is far from the Senate floor but I knew what the yay vote meant. At least Paul has since renounced it.

Well his yes vote was to authorize the President to invade Afghanistan. When it came time to vote on invading Iraq, Paul voted no because he felt that it was not part of the war on terrorism.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    My name is Paul. 2+2=.............................ahhh, damnit!
  • Options
    PJPOWER wrote:
    My name is Paul. 2+2=.............................ahhh, damnit!

didnt you read the thread title?--no one that matters cares,..

;)
    we don’t know just where our bones will rest,
    to dust i guess,
    forgotten and absorbed into the earth below,..
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    Well his yes vote was to authorize the President to invade Afghanistan. When it came time to vote on invading Iraq, Paul voted no because he felt that it was not part of the war on terrorism.

I stand corrected. Makes me think even higher of Mr. Paul although I'm on the Obama train.
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • Options
    Mestophar wrote:
    Yeah, god forbid people believe in something that dispatches from the status quo... And who are you to deem the messages psychotic? Do you feel your losing your grip on power?

Right... I fear the Ron Paul Revolution because it will take back all the power I've amassed trampling on the Constitution.

“After a proper jury trial, you should likely be hanged for Treason against the Republic. You are aiding and abetting the enemies of this Republic.”

This is a direct quote of a comment posted by a Paultard on Wonkette.com. I'm okay with categorizing that statement "psychotic". I'm pretty sure we don't hang people anymore. Also, that sounds like some Sons of Liberty Johnny Tremain bullshit.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    I love how a lot of conservatists focus almost all of their campaign efforts to lower taxes, when all we really need is better allocation of said funds. Instead of spending 2.2billion on a B2 bomber, we need to put that into health care. Instead of spending 900k on one missile we need to put that money into education.

I'm not against armament at all, in small doses, but in the last 7 years the American Tax payers money has gone to waste.

A lot of European countries (correct me if I'm wrong) have higher taxes than the United States, yet most have free health care systems. A friend of mine broke his leg in Ireland about 5 years ago and he didn't have to pay a penny. Not sure how that works for non-citizens, but whatever, you see my point.

NO NEW TAXES? Bring them on, just don't blow my money on an oil war.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."