Paul Can't Add, Paultards Don't Care

godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
edited November 2007 in A Moving Train
http://wonkette.com/politics/annals-of-the-obvious/paul-cant-add-paultards-dont-care-323698.php

annals of the obvious
Paul Can't Add, Paultards Don't Care

Whuh?One of the main planks of Ron Paul’s Presidential platform is the long-awaited elimination of the income tax. Paul claims that he can eliminate the income tax, pull us out of all international activities (and eliminate some small pieces of the federal government like the Department of Education) and thereby save the world. Or something. Someone smarter than us runs the numbers after the jump.

Michael Dobbs at the Washington Post (hopefully for him, no relation to Lou) asked Ron Paul’s campaign to let him know how the miracle of income tax elimination could be accomplished without functionally crippling our government (not realizing, perhaps, that for many anti-tax advocates that that’s the point!). The individual income tax brings in $1.2 trillion (of the $2.6 trillion the government takes in overall). If he doesn’t plan on borrowing to make up the budget gap, which he says he doesn’t, then he has to find $1.2 trillion in savings. All the budget cuts Ron Paul proposes? Add up to $280 billion according to Dobbs’ (and the federal government’s) figures.

Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton responded thusly: “President Paul would work with Congress to phase out the income tax and cut budgets to sensible, constitutional levels, focusing foremost on eliminating hundreds of billions of dollars of excessive overseas expenditures.”
In related Paul news, Paultards would like us to know that:

* we are “a crack-pot kook”
* we are unloved by Jesus
* we “will die by [our] own sword”
* we “are enemies of the Republic”
* “After a proper jury trial, you should likely be hanged for Treason against the Republic. You are aiding and abetting the enemies of this Republic.”

We thank you for your kind words, and plan to continue our march on Berlin.
"If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
—Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    Paultards haha thats funny.
  • "Someone smarter than us runs the numbers"?

I don't see any numbers just bottom line figures that show no math to support their claims.

Unless the article breaks down the spending in to groups and shows categoricaly that Ron Paul is wrong, i will continue to support him.
    I don't see any proof that what he proposes to cut from the budget wont balance out the taxes he is phasing out.
    (there are also some pretty serious savings that go along with firing the Federal Reserve ... debt payments for starters)

The man serves on the House Finance Committee, i think he may understand how the budget works a tad better than a fucking reporter.

Show me some real numbers or shut up with the slander.
    It is really that simple.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?

um he did show you real numbers
  • me thinks wonkette is a bit wonky
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020

OK, for the Mayor of Simpleton...

The individual income tax brings in $1.2 trillion (of the $2.6 trillion the government takes in overall). If he doesn’t plan on borrowing to make up the budget gap, which he says he doesn’t, then he has to find $1.2 trillion in savings. All the budget cuts Ron Paul proposes? Add up to $280 billion according to Dobbs’ (and the federal government’s) figures.

Please remove your head from the rectal configuration.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

• jlew24asu wrote:
    um he did show you real numbers

You are really not getting it today.

I can make up number all day long.

How bout this?

"Ron Paul intends to cut the federal income tax. This represents a 2% decrease in federal funds. The government pulls in about 4 trilion dollars each year, and spends only 5 billion. There will be no effect of his income tax abolishment."

What have i ACTUALY proved?

NOTHING.

I just typed in some bottom line numbers.

Once again,
    UNLESS YOU CAN ILLUSTRATE WHERE YOUR NUMBERS COME FROM, WHAT FIGURES THEY ARE SUPPORTED BY AND EXPLAIN HOW THESE ARE TRULY ACCURATE FIGURES, I COULD GIVE TWO SHITS.

Any one can trounce about 2 or 3 big numbers and look smart.

Unless you can source out those numbers and break down the expenditures, it is bullshit.

The guy says "All the budget cuts Ron Paul proposes? Add up to $280 billion according to Dobbs’ (and the federal government’s) figures."

Where are these figures?
    Why does he not supply them.
    Are they relevant?
    Are they really indicative of Ron Pauls plan?

You take WAY TOO MUCH at face value.
    Keep taking your kool-aid.
    Keep taking your kool-aid.

It's like rain, on your wedding day
    It's a free ride, when you've already paid
    It's the good advice, that you just didn't take
    And who would've thought? It figures
    —Dorothy Parker

• inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    godpt3 wrote:
    OK, for the Mayor of Simpleton...

The individual income tax brings in $1.2 trillion (of the $2.6 trillion the government takes in overall). If he doesn’t plan on borrowing to make up the budget gap, which he says he doesn’t, then he has to find $1.2 trillion in savings. All the budget cuts Ron Paul proposes? Add up to $280 billion according to Dobbs’ (and the federal government’s) figures.

Please remove your head from the rectal configuration.

are you saying you're a big fan of individual income tax...?

while I see your point that the numbers don't seem to add up, I would think fiscal conservatives and those who advocate a smaller government would see his proposal as a good thing...

right..?
    inmytree wrote:
    are you saying you're a big fan of individual income tax...?

while I see your point that the numbers don't seem to add up, I would think fiscal conservatives and those who advocate a smaller government would see his proposal as a good thing...

right..?

I'm fiscally conservative, but I'm not stupid enough to do it at the expense of valuable public services. I hate taxes. We all hate taxes. But they do serve an important purpose. Funding services for the common good.
    —Dorothy Parker

• godpt3 wrote:
    I'm fiscally conservative, but I'm not stupid enough to do it at the expense of valuable public services. I hate taxes. We all hate taxes. But they do serve an important purpose. Funding services for the common good.

I will say this one more time.

EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR OF YOUR FEDERAL INCOME TAX GOES TO PAY INTEREST ON THE NATIONAL DEBT -- A DEBT CREATED IN LARGE PART BY PRINTING FIAT MONEY AND LENDING IT TO THE GOVERNMENT.

ABOLISH THE IRS AND ABOLISH THE FED AND YOU HAVE JUST CANCELED OUT TWO MONSTERS.

I see you drink kool-aid too?

said the pot to the kettle
    —Dorothy Parker

I will say this one more time.

EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR OF YOUR FEDERAL INCOME TAX GOES TO PAY INTEREST ON THE NATIONAL DEBT -- A DEBT CREATED IN LARGE PART BY PRINTING FIAT MONEY AND LENDING IT TO THE GOVERNMENT.

ABOLISH THE IRS AND ABOLISH THE FED AND YOU HAVE JUST CANCELED OUT TWO MONSTERS.

http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm :confused:
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Let's say Paul's numbers don't click, fine no man (or woman) is perfect. It's a mistake and hopefully he and his people can go over their plans again and see how they can get the numbers to work. Besides this over sight Paul represents the best option for our country come Nov. 08, in my opinion.

Lastly the minute you called Paul supporters Paultards you lost all credability for lack of maturity.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
    jlew24asu wrote:

so, hey, why don't we cut out the military entirely. I mean, the world is perfectly safe, isn't it. And why should we pay for veterans services??? we don't owe them anything. And Medicare and Medicaid??? Fuck the elderly and the poor.

(this is called sarcasm)
    —Dorothy Parker

mammasan wrote:
    Lastly the minute you called Paul supporters Paultards you lost all credability for lack of maturity.

Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.
    —Dorothy Parker

mammasan wrote:
    Let's say Paul's numbers don't click, fine no man (or woman) is perfect. It's a mistake and hopefully he and his people can go over their plans again and see how they can get the numbers to work. Besides this over sight Paul represents the best option for our country come Nov. 08, in my opinion.

aw come on mamma, it was kinda funny. and I like ron paul alot.
    godpt3 wrote:

if you were truly a fiscal conservative (FC), I would think you welcome Paul's plan with open arms...it would give you FC's a opening to cut down the size of the gov't. To get rid of useless and wasteful programs...you ASS-ume that "valuable public services" will automatically be cut...what about programs like the Dept. of Education...? many feel that program is a waste...

I'm sure there are many others...

My point is, if you are truly a FC, you'd see this as a good thing...
    godpt3 wrote:
    so, hey, why don't we cut out the military entirely. I mean, the world is perfectly safe, isn't it. And why should we pay for veterans services??? we don't owe them anything. And Medicare and Medicaid??? Fuck the elderly and the poor.

(this is called sarcasm)

You don't have to cut out the military completely. Do you realize that our military budget, not counting the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, is greater that the next 24 countries military budget combined. Our militaryt budget makes up 49%, again excluding the two wars we are currently involded in, of the entire worlds military budget. If you include the two wars we spend more on our military than every other country combined. With a reduction in our militarty budget. Better management of existing social programs we could definitely reduce our tax burden if not completely eliminate it.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
    jlew24asu wrote:
    aw come on mamma, it was kinda funny. and I like ron paul alot.

Sorry didn't find the humor in it. I would love to know who godpt3 is supporting in our next presidential election.
    mammasan wrote:
    Sorry didn't find the humor in it. I would love to know who godpt3 is supporting in our next presidential election.

My dream is an Obama/Richardson ticket
    —Dorothy Parker

mammasan wrote:

its like the debates. even they take shots at each other. its all in good fun. no matter what stupid names you are called, you will still stand up for what you believe it. fire back :)
    jlew24asu wrote:
    its like the debates. even they take shots at each other. its all in good fun. no matter what stupid names you are called, you will still stand up for what you believe it. fire back :)

ok, you bushtard, you...
    godpt3 wrote:
    My dream is an Obama/Richardson ticket

That explains a lot.
    jlew24asu wrote:

I'm not offended, specially from someone who dreams of a Obama/Richardson ticket. I just feel that it's immature mud-slinging like that, specially from our politicians, that turns so many people off to politics. Not everyone has to agree with one candidate but if we kept the stupid personal attacks out of it and just debated policy our political process might be a lot better than it currently is.
    inmytree wrote:
    ok, you bushtard, you...

nah I dont like bush. i'm very excited for him and his crew to leave. I want to like guliani but I cant trust him. I really dont know who I will vote for to be honest.
    mammasan wrote:
    Besides this over sight Paul represents the best option for our country come Nov. 08, in my opinion.
    Man, talk about an accounting error.

This isn't an oversight... more like complete lack of vision. RP either isn't capable or isn't willing to understand the consequences of his economic policies. RP would find it difficult, if not down right impossible, to answer the question "what comes next?"
    —Dorothy Parker

godpt3 wrote:
    Man, talk about an accounting error.

This isn't an oversight... more like complete lack of vision. RP either isn't capable or isn't willing to understand the consequences of his economic policies. RP would find it difficult, if not down right impossible, to answer the question "what comes next?"

Well first of all Ron Paul has stated in public that it would be impossible for him to dismantle the IRS during his term if elected. What Ron Paul represents is a new direction for this country. One of accountability and less government. So his accounting error means absolutely nothing because the IRS will still be there after Paul is long gone. What will change if he is elected is the way our government spends and where it spends. What will change is the governments constant encrochment on our civil liberties. And lastly what I hope will also change is that we will go back to the gold standard.
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Does anyone here actually realize that the individual income tax is unconstitutional. There is also no law that says you have to pay it.
  • obamatards just think if he were elected, we'd all shit rainbows and fairy dust just because he's so damned positive and uplifting without having an actual platform.
  • Is there actually a mainstream article on this besides the wonker?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")