Marijuana May Increase Psychosis Risk

13»

Comments

• What is your perspective tho? That the world is better without drugs?
    Maybe you're suggesting that we need to change the way people think about drugs, educate them...I can agree with that. I think our textbooks would read a touch differently, but I agree. Maybe I still don't get you at all...
    sure, i agree. maybe we should change our perspective on drugs entirely, and instead of abusing them, using them for a good cause. i did make mention of that.

I do. Give the money we are wasting now to healthcare and education.
    I completely agree with you. I have no agenda against that.

They don't get better because the programs are garbage and run by people that are stressed, underfunded, probably overworked, etc. etc....I'd like to see the success numbers for public substance abuse and mental health care, as compared to the success numbers for Betty Ford and all the country club places and private hospitals...
    I'm too tired to look for links, but I bet I could prove that over the last 30 years, you could have turned every public treatment center into a Betty Ford and treated thousands more patients with all that wasted money.
    and....
    I do. Give the money we are wasting now to healthcare and education.
    totally man... instead of wasting it on prisons, wars and people getting caught with weed we could totally use that money to these kinds of places... i have no problem. i'm sure you have a good cause. see, my point was that i don't see how making an argument to legalize weed would help. and frankly i don't feel how legalizing weed is going to help... unless, of course, it's used for medicinal purposes.

I did. Give the money we are wasting now to healthcare and education. I've already made it clear with you on that part.
    Again, I agree. But this does sound much different from your other theories that legalizing weed will help.

It IS legalized in many states, for medicinal purposes. But your federal government keeps arresting the patients and providers!
    well, again, if it's legalized for medicinal purposes then good. but if you abuse, you loose ;) (i'm a total loser)
    we got way beyond the psychosis thing. you are totally talking in circles. you should feel like you're going round and round.
    not really. that's my whole perspective. and i'm not going in circles here. i'm trying to end it at this point... you arguing that weed should be legalized will not help to reduce the amount of mental health patients that we get. and legalizing weed isn't going to help anything... apart from the fact, that it can be used for medicinal purposes. that's totally fine... but seeing from where I work, it's better for people not to abuse weed. use it only if you have an illness, but that's all.
    about the insults - if you look back, I was matching your tone quote for quote (or trying to).
    sure, you're funnier :)
    trying to match my tone on the last post? well, if i did insult you then, sorry. :(
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319

"with one man climbing a tree to feed the birds" !!!!!!!!! ahahahahahahaha!

i can't believe they gave rocket launchers to a bunch of guys on acid... wow, just wow. nice find!
  • nope... i'm glad i haven't....

my sister's best-friend got married to some punk who would take acid constantly... she had to break-up with him for that... now he's in an asylum with his brain fried... he doesn't even know who his kid is.

He must of got the brown stuff... ;)

It can be pretty intense. I can't imagine anyone taking it all the time. I can;t see how that's even possible without an already neurotic condition.

It's the most exaggerated drug there is imo...

If you're not right in the first place don't drop A's it will only amplify whatever it is that you already are.

Start off good and you become beautiful. I've touched the face of god on it.

It's not for the meek. It can chew you up and spit you out, or be the most incredible experience you've ever had.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • He must of got the brown stuff... ;)

It can be pretty intense. I can't imagine anyone taking it all the time. I can;t see how that's even possible without an already neurotic condition.

It's the most exaggerated drug there is imo...

If you're not right in the first place don't drop A's it will only amplify whatever it is that you already are.

Start off good and you become beautiful. I've touched the face of god on it.

It's not for the meek. It can chew you up and spit you out, or be the most incredible experience you've ever had.
    no thanks bro... i've had out-of-body experiences without having any neurological affects whatsoever... i'm ok without lsd
  • no thanks bro... i've had out-of-body experiences without having any neurological affects whatsoever... i'm ok without lsd

Oh I'm not suggesting you try it. Just providing input from actual experience.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    nope... i'm glad i haven't....

my sister's best-friend got married to some punk who would take acid constantly... she had to break-up with him for that... now he's in an asylum with his brain fried... he doesn't even know who his kid is.

Excesive use of anything is bad for you, take things in moderation.

I think if they upgrade marijuana to class B, then alcohol should be made illegal and a class A, but shit that would never happen because too many politicians like it and the government makes too much in taxes of it.:(

I fail to see anything in that report that was not known before the rehabilitation of the Marijuana laws back in 2004, it has been known for a long time that heavy use of pot can lead to mental problems such as psychosis/schizophrenia etc.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • are you telling me that if someone chooses to end their life then we should allow them???

Of course man, you can´t force someone to live...nobody can tell you how to kill your pain
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Holy crap....
    that is the funniest thing I have seen in a looooong time fins, thanks! :D

LOL
  • Of course man, you can´t force someone to live...nobody can tell you how to kill your pain
    you're a fucken idiot
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    you're a fucken idiot

He/she is a "fucken idiot" because he/she doesn't agree with you? You'll need to do better than that.

I'm not saying I agree, though.

I find this very interesting and I'll make a thread about this.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Collin wrote:
    He/she is a "fucken idiot" because he/she doesn't agree with you? You'll need to do better than that.

I'm not saying I agree, though.

I find this very interesting and I'll make a thread about this.
    dude... where's our common sense>?

you don't agree with me... I respect that.

but it's not about that. that's what we have mental health hospitals... people who want to end their lives are not basing their decisions on very "bright" ones... it's a mental health issue. it's got nothing to do with forcing them to do anything. those people need help and medical attention.
  • you're a fucken idiot

PAUSE

I think I have never insult you, and I apologize if you felt that I was...it was never my intention...anyway, why would you do that? Because I think in a different way? Now, I want to die...what would you do for me to keep me alive? "what is human?" what is more?" I don´t believe in any god but myself, I´d rather think that I can choose my destiny, even my death...

And please, look at your nickname...it´s funny, isn´t it?
  • PAUSE

I think I have never insult you, and I apologize if you felt that I was...it was never my intention...anyway, why would you do that? Because I think in a different way? Now, I want to die...what would you do for me to keep me alive? "what is human?" what is more?" I don´t believe in any god but myself, I´d rather think that I can choose my destiny, even my death...

And please, look at your nickname...it´s funny, isn´t it?
    yeah, my nickname, uh.. stands for like the three songs of pearljam that have "man" in it. deadman, nothingman, betterman....

ok... on to the bashing... yeah, i'm being a prick... but in a very humorous way... dark humor, i guess... but yeah you're an idiot :p

j/k
  • yeah, my nickname, uh.. stands for like the three songs of pearljam that have "man" in it. deadman, nothingman, betterman....

ok... on to the bashing... yeah, i'm being a prick... but in a very humorous way... dark humor, i guess... but yeah you're an idiot :p

j/k

and I think you are being an idiot too...you seem so interested in marijuana, you should smoke a joint and tell us about it...until then you should keep your mouth very very closed
  • and I think you are being an idiot too...you seem so interested in marijuana, you should smoke a joint and tell us about it...until then you should keep your mouth very very closed
    oooh... you got me! you really got me!
  • oooh... you got me! you really got me!

I knew it :D
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    But I think it decreases the risk of depression, and definitely boredom.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:

I´m totally agree with you. Anyway, the big risk of any substance you consume is when it becomes an end, not a way to
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I´m totally agree with you. Anyway, the big risk of any substance you consume is when it becomes an end, not a way to

It was very therapeutic for me as a teenager. Although in hindsight, it probably created developmental challenges for my brain. Adolescence is really a bad time to be doing any drugs, including alcohol. The safest time is probably well into adulthood, around 30 or later, when the brain is fully developed. But even then its effects are detrimental.

On the other hand, what are the effects of prescription drugs?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • to claim a drug-free life would be hypocritical 99.9 percent of the time (coffee, alcohol, anything else like that falls under the umbrella, I don't care what anybody says)

anybody with a beef probably can't handle dope so they assume it's that way for everyone else
    hate was just a legend
  • spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    Ahnimus wrote:

Hmm maybe in the beginning but the long term smokers i know all suffer from depression and severe boredom.

And if anything have become worse than before the were abusing the drug.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It was very therapeutic for me as a teenager. Although in hindsight, it probably created developmental challenges for my brain. Adolescence is really a bad time to be doing any drugs, including alcohol. The safest time is probably well into adulthood, around 30 or later, when the brain is fully developed. But even then its effects are detrimental.

On the other hand, what are the effects of prescription drugs?

i didn't use alcohol or cannabis until i was 18. freshman year of college. it was the first time i realized that respectable people did such things. plus music sounded SOOO MUCH BETTER!!! :D
    but yeah, pot does affect the mind. so kids should definately not be using it. you need to be old enough to handle it, especially if you smoke a lot and get really high. sometimes you can get too much sensory input. everything becomes really intenese, so you need to avoid bad vibes when really high. but good experiences become TRULY GREAT experiences, particulaly sex. but also food, music, tv, video games, NATURE, good conversation, etc.