Options

pics from Lebanon (warning)

13»

Comments

• Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    danmac wrote:
    Err, no.

Patrick Bateman possessed style, conscience, and imagination.

Three things evidently missing in your ‘personality’ make up.

You of all people really shouldnt be delving into the personality problems of anyone here.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    I wonder why empathy only seems to arise when the children of those who "don't have nukes and have to throw stones" perish…especially when all life is coveted and deemed valuable. Sometimes I wonder if people care more about pushing a political agenda through photos than they actually care about the welfare of a certain segment of society.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    hailhailkc wrote:
    I wonder why empathy only seems to arise when the children of those who "don't have nukes and have to throw stones" perish…especially when all life is coveted and deemed valuable. Sometimes I wonder if people care more about pushing a political agenda through photos than they actually care about the welfare of a certain segment of society.

hey, at least i'm not saying they are fighting for satan ;)

i do have empathy for any civilian killed...but when it comes to israel they seem to kill a far number more civilians than the other side.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    El_Kabong wrote:
    hey, at least i'm not saying they are fighting for satan ;)

i do have empathy for any civilian killed...but when it comes to israel they seem to kill a far number more civilians than the other side.

I don't even think it's a matter of side, it's a matter of current war crimes being commited without consequences for those who commit them...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    I don't even think it's a matter of side, it's a matter of current war crimes being commited without consequences for those who commit them...

of course it is. but you can't really complain about 'not showing the other side' when that side is pretty much all mainstream media shows you on the issue.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    C4Lukin wrote:
    You guys diserve the ignorance you live in. I could post a picture of a man raping a baby, and put a caption under it saying "This is what Jews do to Arabs," and a nice portion of you would believe it without blinking. There is no factual evidence on that site, just graphic photos, and you eat it up because you want to. If this sort of evil shit is going on, and Isreal is perpetuating it intentionally, then by all means call them on it. But to take every lame ass propaganda site and absorb it like a freaken sponge without the least bit of common sense analysis of where you are getting the info from, who is giving it to you, and how accurate it is, it is just freaken dumb. I see how religious fundamentalists, nazis and Branch Dividians come about just by reading a lot of the comments in this thread.

Thank you for smiting my ignorance and leading me to the place of wisdom, oh wise one. My only regret now is that I failed to heed your word earlier in my life.
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    El_Kabong wrote:
    of course it is. but you can't really complain about 'not showing the other side' when that side is pretty much all mainstream media shows you on the issue.

ok, how can i put my thoughts clear... i mean that taking a side, is not helping at all to settle the situation, meaning most medias are part of the problem, cause i believe we should focus on war crimes that are being commited and civillians being killed. While CNN and the Congress argue who's side they're teaming with, more civillians are dying, i guess that was my point.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    ok, how can i put my thoughts clear... i mean that taking a side, is not helping at all to settle the situation, meaning most medias are part of the problem, cause i believe we should focus on war crimes that are being commited and civillians being killed. While CNN and the Congress argue who's side they're teaming with, more civillians are dying, i guess that was my point.

oh, i understand, i guess i should've worded my reply better, i quoted you but the 'complaining about sides' was more directed at others who say you can't show these things w/o showing what happens in israel or you are promoting propaganda and my point was we hear about suicide bombings in israel, but we never hear about the idf throwing stun grenades at women and children then attacking ambulances that come to take them away.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    so are you saying these photos are all fake?

no comment to the article i posted about israeli children writing letters to israeli soldiers saying things like 'kill as many arabs as you can!' 'the only good arab is a dead arab, the only perfect arab is a buried arab'???

hello?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    beetle wrote:
    as a pro-israeli i am sickened by the first two images of the little girls, so i researched and yet still sickened by it, its still worthwhile to read the story behind the pictures http://ontheface.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2006/7/20/2142505.html

as for the remaining pictures with no caption/photographer listed i have no way of knowing what i am looking at except heartbreaking pictures
    as an anti-"terrorist" and a lover of peace and endless seeker of peace, I'm sickened by any pro-"israelis," just as I am sickened by any pro-"americans." I read your link and it's pointless. They're being spoon-fed bullshit by the media, just like you are. Israel is in the wrong and I'm convinced it's because the U.S. is running the show. Whether or not those pics are legitimate pics from Lebanon, we all know they're very realistic.

War is hell and with the U.S. and now Israel behind these wars is there any possible way to view these nations as anything other than the devil? The devil is running the show in hell, yeah? Goddamn warmongers. As a U.S. citizen I find this very hard to deal with on a very personal level.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    El_Kabong wrote:
    ***WARNING VEEEEEERY graphic/sensitive...***

I know how much it sucks to not be ready for some ugly stuff when you click on a link, but we should look war in the face and see what those actually living through it don't have the choice of not seeing

http://fromisraeltolebanon.info/

thank you for being up in our faces with what really matters... everyone needs to see more pics like this...and maybe experience it first hand for the human race to denounce war and make it a part of our past and not our future
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Israel is in the wrong and I'm convinced.....whether or not those pics are legitimate...

I guess there's nothing more that can be said.
  • Options
    C4Lukin wrote:
    You guys diserve the ignorance you live in. I could post a picture of a man raping a baby, and put a caption under it saying "This is what Jews do to Arabs," and a nice portion of you would believe it without blinking. There is no factual evidence on that site, just graphic photos, and you eat it up because you want to. If this sort of evil shit is going on, and Isreal is perpetuating it intentionally, then by all means call them on it. But to take every lame ass propaganda site and absorb it like a freaken sponge without the least bit of common sense analysis of where you are getting the info from, who is giving it to you, and how accurate it is, it is just freaken dumb. I see how religious fundamentalists, nazis and Branch Dividians come about just by reading a lot of the comments in this thread.

People are dying from being bombed. This is how it looks. This is war. It's not like there is going to be pics of the bodies in a peaceful slumber like they just passed away in their sleep. It doesn't take much propaganda to show how disgusting war can be. Covering up these kinds of images and making it out like it's not all that bad is the real, more deadly propaganda. Yeah, this is what it looks like over there...it's up to you whether you choose to support it and rationalize it.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    C4Lukin wrote:
    That is such a simplistic viewpoint though. Yes an innocent person dying is a horrible thing, but you people really ignore that every day of the year in which the US or Isareal is not involved. Look at what is happening in North Korea, or even China every day concerning female babies. It is cute that this is the cause you are all hard about, but you are ignoring such bigger gross disgusting displays of ignorance. None of you had anything to say while Hussein was murdering his people, or while most fundamentalist countries in the Middle East enslaved their entire freaken female race, but you guys are bent to hell with Israel killing 20 innocent folks. That really hit you hard. You really started caring about where civilization was going at that point in time.

Racism under the guise of sympathy.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    those pictures are horrible, no doubt. but where is the outcry the sudan, children that starve to death in north korea..ETC....these terrorists hide among the civilian population and use them as human shields, then parade the dead bodies around and pose them for the cameras, many times even outright faking the pictures with the help of the propaganda like western media...and why do they do all that. because then liberals will do what liberals do, which is act on feelings and not on thought, and blame america and israel.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Personal comments on each other. Thread hijacked. Closed.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down