Options

Photos of Israeli Children 'Signing' Missiles Stir Controversy

13»

Comments

• Options
    The post made no sense to me ... How can you argue that teaching Israeli children to hate has "no moral equivalency" to teaching Palestinian kids to hate? Or did I misunderstand? In both cases, you are setting the stage for more adults to go to war, to kill civilians, you are basically propagating a violent conflict that already seems to have no end in sight. People who are rabidly pro-Palestinian completely overlook the role that these people play in fanning the flames. If Palestinian kids grow up hating Isreal, what will happen decades from now? Even if Isreal and the U.S. were to do a complete about-face in terms of foreign policy, you'd STILL have people who were indoctrinated to hate an enemy. The violence would continue, because these kids would know no differently. Again, how this is defensible behavior, assuming that ending the Israel-Palestine conflict is a good thing?

The point is that both sides are brought up to hate and fear the other. This ensures the cycle will continue on and on with each new generation. Stop breeding fear and hate and it breaks the cycle. If you hate the actions being comitted against your people then put yourself in the otherside's shoes and you'll see something eerily familiar. Understanding, change in attitudes and a lot of work and effort are the only things that will stop this conflict.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    or post your opinion of the post you quoted.

Thanks.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thanks.

Hey, if you and I have anything in common, it is a propensity to make smart-ass jokey responses on here lately.
    I think that starts to happen when you've read the same thing too much.
  • Options
    Hey, if you and I have anything in common, it is a propensity to make smart-ass jokey responses on here lately.
    I think that starts to happen when you've read the same thing too much.

I guess that happens to all of us.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I guess that happens to all of us.

Well, I don't mind that you called me out on it. Its not very constructive. Fun, sometimes, but not very constructive.
    :)
  • Options
    the only way I'll ever not condemn childern signing missiles that are about to be fired at people (No matter where the missiles are from or heading) is that they actually ARE presents. The Missiles are actually PAPER! And when the break apart (Or 'explode') harmlessly they let presents safely fall from the sky with parachutes as not to injure anyone on the way down.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    shiraz wrote:
    Stop playing the innocent guy.

will you stop playing the constant victim?

shiraz wrote:
    This was a replay to my post, hence, those words were adressed to me.
    and I'm saying (again, and again, and again) - Leave those kids alone, stop using them for demagogic things or connecting them to other kids who once (4 years ago) wrote "Please kill all the arabs". All you talked about in the original thread (opened by Eva7) is about the evil actions of Israel, using these pictures as an example under demagogic titles like like "Israeli kids signing gifts for the Lebanese kids". That is wrong & dangerous, period.

i came up w/ a title like 'israeli kids signing gifts for the lebanese kids'? when did i say that?? and you also know that isn't 'all' i talked about...if you bothered to read my post instead of screaming demagogic you would see i said it isn't just hezbollah and groups like that warping children's minds. have you ever had a relationship w/ someone? how long would one last if they insisted every single problem was YOUR fault and they were perfect and did no wrong?

it's both sides, just face it. i never said ALL israeli children had this view, all i said was that it DOES happen. where were the parents while they were signing the missiles? it's not demogogic, it's the truth. a % of israeli (not 100%) children are raised to hate arabs.

how many 'isolated incidents' does it take for you to see this? signing the missiles was isolated, the numerous letters to idf saying racist and hateful things like 'kill as many arabs as you can!' 'open up your m-16 and kill at least 20 for me!' 'the only good arab is a dead arab, the best arab is a buried arab!'...was an isolated incident, not sure where you stand on the video of israeli children taunting, throwing rocks at, punching and kicking arabs while the idf stands there since you've never addressed it.

i can say a lot of kids are in gangs in the US, that doesn't come close to saying ALL kids in the US are in gangs.

stop ignoring it and accept.

'and i'm wondering what it will take
    for my country to rise
    first we admit our mistakes
    and then we open our eyes'
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    El_Kabong wrote:
    will you stop playing the constant victim?

i came up w/ a title like 'israeli kids signing gifts for the lebanese kids'? when did i say that?? and you also know that isn't 'all' i talked about...if you bothered to read my post instead of screaming demagogic you would see i said it isn't just hezbollah and groups like that warping children's minds. have you ever had a relationship w/ someone? how long would one last if they insisted every single problem was YOUR fault and they were perfect and did no wrong?

it's both sides, just face it. i never said ALL israeli children had this view, all i said was that it DOES happen. where were the parents while they were signing the missiles? it's not demogogic, it's the truth. a % of israeli (not 100%) children are raised to hate arabs.

how many 'isolated incidents' does it take for you to see this? signing the missiles was isolated, the numerous letters to idf saying racist and hateful things like 'kill as many arabs as you can!' 'open up your m-16 and kill at least 20 for me!' 'the only good arab is a dead arab, the best arab is a buried arab!'...was an isolated incident, not sure where you stand on the video of israeli children taunting, throwing rocks at, punching and kicking arabs while the idf stands there since you've never addressed it.

i can say a lot of kids are in gangs in the US, that doesn't come close to saying ALL kids in the US are in gangs.

for my country to rise

You know, I'm tired of this. All I wanted you and others is to STOP using those pictures under demagogic titles as an example for "Israel evil actions". I never said there is no such phenomenon (as in every other country in the world, I wrote that), just asked you to leave the kids out of it - its not fair to use them no matter what the cause is. If you still don't get it then I don't know what to say anymore.

Using kids is WRONG, period.

Bye.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    You know, I'm tired of this. All I wanted you and others is to STOP using those pictures under demagogic titles as an example for "Israel evil actions". I never said there is no such phenomenon (as in every other country in the world, I wrote that), just asked you to leave the kids out of it - its not fair to use them no matter what the cause is. If you still don't get it then I don't know what to say anymore.

Bye.

can yuo cite a demagogic thread title i have created over the pics of the kids?

no, i thought not
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    El_Kabong wrote:

for my country to rise
    Kabong, before to accuse a second state (because you're american, i guess) maybe it would be wise of you to check if you're not talking about isolated cases and if you're not making big generalizations without knowing the situation but just two articles...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    Kabong, before to accuse a second state (because you're american, i guess) maybe it would be wise of you to check if you're not talking about isolated cases and if you're not making big generalizations without knowing the situation but just two articles...

if you go to youtube there are pleeeenty of videos of israeli kids doing things like throwing rocks at arab women and children. are you saying not a single israreli child is taught ot hate??
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    if you go to youtube there are pleeeenty of videos of israeli kids doing things like throwing rocks at arab women and children. are you saying not a single israreli child is taught ot hate??
    I don't know if you can find it to youtube, but it's plenty of children throwing stones to cats, in the US, in Italy, etc... but I don't feel like making generalizations about "children taught to hate cats in the US, Italy, etc..."
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:

How LOW can you guys go?"

That artical proves I was right. Great, so now our kids are evil. Yeah, good for you. Keep on "not" stirring up the air storm.

It's not the kids who are evil. thats what makes it even more sad.

:(

*sigh*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    I don't know if you can find it to youtube, but it's plenty of children throwing stones to cats, in the US, in Italy, etc... but I don't feel like making generalizations about "children taught to hate cats in the US, Italy, etc..."

and what if policemen were just standing around while these kids went throwing rocks at the cats? what if the police just stood around while the kids ran up to the cats and punched and kicked them? no replace police w/ idf and you will see what i'm talking about.

any parent or adult would tell a kid 'hey, stop throwing those rocks at the cats! stop running up and punching and kicking them!'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    any parent or adult would tell a kid 'hey, stop throwing those rocks at the cats! stop running up and punching and kicking them!'
    it's possible that the soldiers, policemen or parents around THOSE kids didn't stop them or eventually encouraged for that action. But this doesn't allow your generalization of the general statement "israeli children raised to hate"
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    it's possible that the soldiers, policemen or parents around THOSE kids didn't stop them or eventually encouraged for that action. But this doesn't allow your generalization of the general statement "israeli children raised to hate"

well, then, do you have any proof arab kids are raised to hate israelis? maybe htose are isolated incidents, too? i find it hard to believe an 'isolated incident' is when a number of kids all write hateful things to soldiers.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    El_Kabong wrote:
    well, then, do you have any proof arab kids are raised to hate israelis? maybe htose are isolated incidents, too?

Let's see...children's tv programs encouraging them to become "martyrs," hatred taught in their schools, textbooks that don't recognize Israel's existence. I could go on and on and on...
  • Options
    Are you kidding me??

I hope I just have to read again.

Any any rate, this is all VERY disturbing.

Edit: ofcourse i think i didnt read it all.

*sigh*

Children!!!!....goodness.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    jsand wrote:
    Let's see...children's tv programs encouraging them to become "martyrs," hatred taught in their schools, textbooks that don't recognize Israel's existence. I could go on and on and on...

Have you ever seen said programs or been in their schools ? or merely do you just believe all the propaganda that you read.
    Your mind is so closed any comments I read that you've penned ashow nothing more than a lack of intellect and independant thinking.
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • Options
    siochansiochan Posts: 304
    shiraz wrote:

Bye.

Then why make youth serve in an army that oppresses children as a daily event ?

Why imprison Palestinian children without charge or trial ?

Why kill children for the faults ( as some see it) or their fathers?

Why target children huddled in the basement of apartments?

Using kids is wrong - so why dont all sides stop including the side that has more military hardware than it knows what to do with.....
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • Options
    siochan wrote:
    Have you ever seen said programs or been in their schools ? or merely do you just believe all the propaganda that you read.
    Your mind is so closed any comments I read that you've penned ashow nothing more than a lack of intellect and independant thinking.

Here you go:

http://www.pmw.org.il/tv%20part3.html

You'll probably say the Zionists created these...after all, Zionists are responsible for all wrongs in the world.
  • Options
    siochan wrote:
    Then why make youth serve in an army that oppresses children as a daily event ?

If that army didn't exist, Israel would be wiped off the map, as good the kind-hearted Iranian madman says.

Oppresses children? The Palestinians do a great job of oppressing their own children - just look at the nice tv programs I posted above, or the nice videos of Palestinian mothers saying what a great honor it is that their sons or daughters are going to go blow themselves up and kill a bunch of Israelis.
    siochan wrote:
    Why imprison Palestinian children without charge or trial ?

You mean the kids with the bomb belts, or how about that nice girl who was being treated in an Israeli hospital, then went back to that hospital to blow it up?

Need I say more?