Options

DC Hotels

Comments

• Options
    velogator wrote:
    I used to work down there, but it's been about 4 years. Red Roof Inn was the closest and a decent hotel. That area has really built up in the last 5 years, still don't wander to far out of China Town at night, at least to teh north - not unless you want to be propositioned. My office was on 4th and "I" Street NW and I could look out of my window onto "K" street and see working "girls" in the middle of the day (some of them didn't have the proper equipment to be "girls" :)

Yeah the K Street "girls" are quite a treat.
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    We are staying at the Mariot Courtyard on Saterday night and the night of the show at the Red Roof Inn...
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I read someone say that the downtown area was safe. IT IS NOT SAFE. Even around national monuments and "tourist" attractions.DO NOT WONDER AROUND ALONE. Especially at night time. Even during the daylight i would suggest walking with a buddy. Alot of scummy ness in the downtown area of DC... Trust me on this one :)
  • Options
    I read someone say that the downtown area was safe. IT IS NOT SAFE. Even around national monuments and "tourist" attractions.DO NOT WONDER AROUND ALONE. Especially at night time. Even during the daylight i would suggest walking with a buddy. Alot of scummy ness in the downtown area of DC... Trust me on this one :)

that is why ...
    ... i pack my .45
    ... right above my boot strap
    ... why not be a her-o?
    ... why not be your own?
    -Perry Farrell
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775

You just described every single major American city.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Edit: I guess Downtown means "White House" area, correct?

Is this area ok? On Priceline they look pretty nice. can I assume the neighborhood the President lives in is ok?

While you're there, throw eggs at that big ol' white house for me...thanks!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I booked for the Americana Hotel in Arlington VA. Seems to get good reviews on tripadvisor, and it's very reasonably priced too (plus near the metro).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30242-d120572-Reviews-Americana-Arlington_Virginia.html
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I'm staying at Hotel Monaco. Anyone know the details on that place? Seemed to be fairly close to the venue.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    I still need to make my DC reservations; where are most people staying? Also, is anyone going to meet up before the show or sometime during the weekend?

June cannot get here soon enough!
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • Options
    velogator wrote:
    I used to work down there, but it's been about 4 years. Red Roof Inn was the closest and a decent hotel. That area has really built up in the last 5 years, still don't wander to far out of China Town at night, at least to teh north - not unless you want to be propositioned. My office was on 4th and "I" Street NW and I could look out of my window onto "K" street and see working "girls" in the middle of the day (some of them didn't have the proper equipment to be "girls" :)

everywhere can be like that, for a city its pretty safe
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    velogator wrote:

Gross!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61
    I'm staying at Hotel Monaco. Anyone know the details on that place? Seemed to be fairly close to the venue.

I'm staying there as well, but sorry I don't know anything about it (except it's really close to the venue!) I know at least a few other PJ fans will be there as well....
    nothing comes from nothing
  • Options
    BeAStar wrote:
    I'm staying there as well, but sorry I don't know anything about it (except it's really close to the venue!) I know at least a few other PJ fans will be there as well....

looks failry decent from the outside small, i've never been in its about a block or 2 from the venue
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I'm staying at the Red roof Inn with my wife sunday night. Later yostarama
  • Options
    radial21radial21 Posts: 227
    Mcam55 wrote:
    i just booked at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown.... is that good and close?

I'm staying there as well. Stayed there in 2006 when they played. It's a great hotel, very nice. It's pretty close to the Verizon Center too, i walked to it last time, i think it was about a 10 minute walk. Maybe i'll see you there.
  • Options
    There's a number of nice hotels in the Crystal City area of Arlington, including a Marriott. The nice thing about Crystal City is that there's an underground shopping area with metro access. Some of the hotels there have elevators that take you right down to that level. Further north arlington has some more hotels that are also walking distance to the metro.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    any Marriott it good, but pricey, I'm staying at the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel, about 4 blocks from the venue.

The Mayflower is good from what I hear on tv, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    dhartogsdhartogs Posts: 5
    Where to go in DC. List of bars, restaurants.
    http://www.straycompass.com/article_page.php?recordID=14
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    BeAStar wrote:
    The wife and I stayed there on our wedding night in September 2005. It was the nicest place I've ever stayed. Very modern rooms with high ceilings. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's pricey but memorable. Enjoy your stay there. I'm pretty jealous. I really wanted to go to the DC show (my in-laws live about 30 minutes from there) but I couldn't get off work on Monday and couldn't really make a 5 hour drive home after the show and expect to function at work the next morning...

http://www.monaco-dc.com/
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Red Roof Inn ::cool::
  • Options
    I'm staying at the Hotel Monaco which is right across the street from the Verizon Center
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    Staying at Jurys in Dupont Circle.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    stay the heck away from NE and SE Washington. Stick to places in NW. or anyplace in VA.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hilton Garden Inn in DC~~~~
    about a mile from the venue give or take and a Metro stop right across the street. No bar in it though :(
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 231

Either my sarcasm detector is down or you haven't been here in the last 10 years? Anyplace downtown is about as safe as can be.

And to the those who mentioned the Courtyard or Hotel Monaco, both are nice (Monaco is super nice) and less than a five minute walk to the arena. In addition to proximity to the venue, both are excellent for restaurants, bars, sightseeing, etc. Both, along with the Red Roof Inn, are very good choices.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    I'm staying at the Hotel Monaco which is right across the street from the Verizon Center

Me too. As are several others who have posted. Maybe we could meet in the bar post-show (if the bar stays open that late).
  • Options
    DC is broken into 4 areas.
    NW northwest wiich is safe 100%.
    SW southwest 95% safe
    NE northeast you are safe mostly 75 % safe
    SE southeast if you see SE on a street sign lock em up and try to get unlost

its a very funny city to move around in the capital is the center of the city and it all moves out from there in the. so yuo got a 1st st NE and SE and NW and SW out from there and it keeps going out. Very easy to get lost there. I am a single guy in the area willing to give guidance and help to any females 18-35 and have photos on myspace. Message me I work in dc and know the raods.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    DC is broken into 4 areas.
    NW northwest wiich is safe 100%.
    SW southwest 95% safe
    NE northeast you are safe mostly 75 % safe
    SE southeast if you see SE on a street sign lock em up and try to get unlost

its a very funny city to move around in the capital is the center of the city and it all moves out from there in the. so yuo got a 1st st NE and SE and NW and SW out from there and it keeps going out. Very easy to get lost there. I am a single guy in the area willing to give guidance and help to any females 18-35 and have photos on myspace. Message me I work in dc and know the raods.

So you won't help out us old broads? Andrew, this isn't an online dating service!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Most of the hotels close to Verizon center are cool. Any hotel in Arlington or Bethesda on the Metro will be good as well. YOU can try and stay in mid town- 18&M/ Dupont area as well. Or around George Washington U.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Is the Metro safe? How late does it run at night? I'm staying near Union Station.