Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i know 'twasn't me either. :)

there's really no point. all it does its create an increasing spiral of more lies, deceit and distrust

some might start by being honest with themself if they want to become whole and rebuild trust & respect of others

as for pathological liars? :twisted: flat out fuck 'em!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Me and the mockingbird are up way too early. I wonder what his problem is.
    It occurred to me laying in the dark room that usually it is quiet outside the patio door until the first hint of light appears. Usually I hear the cardinal with his short loud distinctive "tick", not the beautiful long call he sends out to his friends waiting for reply, which is sure to come. But the tick, a tick that announces a new day.
    So of course I ponder this mockingbird, very fondly.
    When I first moved South, really to this day, it is what I enjoy most about Georgia. This magnificent bird with its 15 or so calls, mimicking friends and foes alike. Large, strong, brave, congenial, inquisitive, I feel a real trooper in the bird world. Each bird has his role on nature's stage but that is for another morning.
    Today I think of this mockingbird and his very early song.
    I think it must be nice for him to have a quiet sky to call into, this bird who sounds like many. Is that why he sings? Just to hear his own voice.
    Could it be springtime? Ah yes, the time of mating, marking territory, building new homes, new families. Maybe this is why he sings into the still night sky.
    Could he sing because it's near to his last? His last song to share with a world that he has loved.
    A single tear rolls down my cheek, there in the dark at the thought of a life over. We all must pass I say to myself. There is a new world waiting for us. The mockingbird continues his song, a new song of hope. He is not alone. I hear him.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    pandora wrote:
    It occurred to me laying in the dark room that usually it is quiet outside the patio door until the first hint of light appears. Usually I hear the cardinal with his short loud distinctive "tick", not the beautiful long call he sends out to his friends waiting for reply, which is sure to come. But the tick, a tick that announces a new day.
    When I first moved South, really to this day, it is what I enjoy most about Georgia. This magnificent bird with its 15 or so calls, mimicking friends and foes alike. Large, strong, brave, congenial, inquisitive, I feel a real trooper in the bird world. Each bird has his role on nature's stage but that is for another morning.
    I think it must be nice for him to have a quiet sky to call into, this bird who sounds like many. Is that why he sings? Just to hear his own voice.
    Could it be springtime? Ah yes, the time of mating, marking territory, building new homes, new families. Maybe this is why he sings into the still night sky.
    Could he sing because it's near to his last? His last song to share with a world that he has loved.
    A single tear rolls down my cheek, there in the dark at the thought of a life over. We all must pass I say to myself. There is a new world waiting for us. The mockingbird continues his song, a new song of hope. He is not alone. I hear him.

I woke up early and sad this morning - thinking that my kids have (3) more weeks of school and another year has gone by.... my kids are no longer babies :( But, I read this from you and somehow it just instantly made me smile. I thought I was going to be in one of those "gloomy" moods - but I'm not. Thanks :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:
    pandora wrote:

I woke up early and sad this morning - thinking that my kids have (3) more weeks of school and another year has gone by.... my kids are no longer babies :( But, I read this from you and somehow it just instantly made me smile. I thought I was going to be in one of those "gloomy" moods - but I'm not. Thanks :D
    So glad it won't be a gloomy day. I love to think of you very happy with your kids awaiting a summer spent together. I remember summer break fondly, the lazy mornings, lunches spent outside in the park, browned skin on my 2 little toe heads. Yes, cherish each moment and don't be sad we can't stop time but who would want to?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    sleep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    As always, thanks for putting everything in perspective for me. Summer break - I enjoy every moment of this special time. :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    is it the right or left arm that has a shooting pain when having a stroke?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:
    Its your throat- and you know why!!! :evil:

Go to a dr.!
    the wolf wrote:
    Its your throat- and you know why!!! :evil:

Go to a dr.!

Nah, I'm pretty sure strokes are not covered on my insurance. I'll just rub some dirt on it and walk it off. ;)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

I hope your not joking - You can always look up the "symptoms" on line, and then go to the E.R.

Leave it up to you to pull such a prank ;)
    mikalina wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

I hope your not joking - You can always look up the "symptoms" on line, and then go to the E.R.

Leave it up to you to pull such a prank ;)

No joke, the shooting pain is there, but its been there off and on for about 3 years now. I'm pretty sure something would have happend by now if it were really bad. ;)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Arthritis - I blame everything on arthritis !!! Maybe your arm is telling you its going to rain, just like my knee tells me when the weather will change Rain, snow your name it. :lol:
    edited April 2010
    mikalina wrote:
    Arthritis - I blame everything on arthritis !!! Maybe your arm is telling you its going to rain, just like my knee tells me when the weather will change Rain, snow your name it. :lol:

lol yeah, my left knee does that. It's from having had 2 surgerys on it though. :D
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    mikalina wrote:

I blame my bad moods on my hormones. "It must be my hormones."

Usually, that covers it too!! ;):D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • weedweed Posts: 475
    bad brain day . . .

what the fuck ?

I just squirted down
    every stain
    in that load of laundry with
    home defense max (ant spray)

looked like the
    shout to me

my mind is somewhere else today . . .
    gotta see if I can catch up with it
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'm nervous.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    *sigh* I've been spending the afternoon preparing the house for my son's eighteenth birthday party tomorrow. I can't believe he'll be eighteen in a few days! :shock:
    :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    *sigh* I've been spending the afternoon preparing the house for my son's eighteenth birthday party tomorrow. I can't believe he'll be eighteen in a few days! :shock:
    Yes it goes so fast! I can't believe mine are in their 20's. Happy Birthday to him and hope you all have a great party!
    must keep eyes open long enough to clean house. :yawn:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    pandora wrote:
    Yes it goes so fast! I can't believe mine are in their 20's. Happy Birthday to him and hope you all have a great party!

Thanks for the good wishes! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Why do I "STILL" miss you? :|

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    justam wrote:

Congrats to you and your son - (18) yrs. What a wonderful time. I understand your shocked look. My daughter is 12 yrs old, and I keep wondering where 12 yrs went !!!!

Wishing your son a great birthday party. :D
    mikalina wrote:
    justam wrote:

Congrats to you and your son - (18) yrs. What a wonderful time. I understand your shocked look. My daughter is 12 yrs old, and I keep wondering where 12 yrs went !!!!

Wishing your son a great birthday party. :D

Thanks. :)

My other son is turning thirteen in June. The time has just flown by these last few years! :oops:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I'm getting sick. Shitty timing. :|
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    The best and most beautiful
    things in the world cannot
    be seen or even touched.
    They must be felt with
    the heart...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I'd rather be hated
    for who I am
    than loved
    for who I am
    not...

- Kurt Cobain

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    'cause i be sooo damn cute :lol:;)
    'cause i be sooo damn cute :lol:;)
    and funny too!! ;):lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    "Many people will walk in
    and out of your life, but only
    true friends will leave
    footprints in your heart"

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    coffeee-coffee-coffee
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
This discussion has been closed.