Options

Why hasn't PJ ever played in Alaska ?

Comments

• Options
    smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    they havn't posted the "2nd leg of the tour" so U never know.. i still vote for an Alaska show or 3... :D
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    smokeabud wrote:
    they havn't posted the "2nd leg of the tour" so U never know.. i still vote for an Alaska show or 3... :D
    You know I'm pulling for you!!!
  • Options
    smokeabud; they're talking about us!! smokeabud?

Springtime in Alaska and it's 40 below.
    Yes, there really is a dog.
  • Options
    GTmattUOGTmattUO Posts: 17
    I am with you guys smokeabud and alaskadude. I am currently in Oregon, but that is mainly because there is no law school in Alaska. I am heading up to Anchorage for 12 weeks this summer, and have a bad feeling that I am going to miss any Portland or Seattle date because I'll be working up in the great north. Ben Harper has already screwed my by playing the Gorge and Bend right after I bail out of the lower 48. I remember the Misfits and Cowboy Junkies played up there last summer and it was a huge deal. Anchorage is starved for concerts and someone as big as PJ would easily sell out any venue they play. They don't need an arena...just clear out a field and play until it gets dark (and watch out for bears).

PJ in Alaska 2006!!!!!
  • Options
    hairpantshairpants Posts: 38
    I'm guessing because everything that mattered left Alaska. ;)
    fuck the public
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    cuz eskimos hate rock music...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    W A S I L L A ! ...~

PJ- For information on renting the ice rink, call 357-9100

http://cityofwasilla.com/sports_complex/default.asp?pg=Arena

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    babagigu wrote:
    My attempt at satire failed.
    I go to the Yukon once per year, and I'm moving up there next summer.

I said,"for others..."

Don't tell everybody how great it is...they'll want to move there.

Sorry.
    g
    I'm already here...when are moving up and where are you going to be living?
  • Options
    Just to get this back on the first page, I'll put a new post on the thread...

For the love of all gods, give us some Alaska shows. Not to be too selfish here, but I will be up there for most of the summer and will probably not have a chance to catch any shows in Washington state or Oregon. I promise to give my other fan club ticket to a citizen of Alaska in the guise of creating a new fan. There are so many people who flock to Anchorage in the summer that any show will have no trouble selling out. The hikes around Anchorage and pizza and beer at The Moose's Tooth alone are worth the trip.

PJ in the AK 2006!!!!
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    i heard the surfing wasn't good up there
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    elstongunn wrote:
    i heard the surfing wasn't good up there

I can't say anything about the surfing (apparently this was a debate already in this thread), seeing as I am a skier myself. However, there are many more/alternative reasons to make a summer trek up to Alaska in the summertime. I have been up there twice on the solstice in the past 5 years and both experiences have been great (for reasons I really won't get into on this board).
  • Options
    Another LA date...blah. SoCal gets shows every tour. If the band really wants to impress the fans and have a historic show, play the great north!
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    hairpants wrote:
    I'm guessing because everything that mattered left Alaska. ;)

awww. That's precious. :)

I wish PJ played AK when I lived there. I'm wondering if it's a venue issue. It's such a beautiful place and since the band appreciates doing the outdoors type of stuff, you'd think AK is definitely a place they'd make it a point to play. I've always wondered why they haven't. If they ever do, I'm there!
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    smokeabud wrote:
    Metallica played here in 92. dam its been awhile ..

The Grateful Dead used to play Anchorage. I think Alaska would be a great place to see a show. It could and would take place in the summer. It could start at about 1:00am like the fireworks celebrations on the 4th of July because its ALWAYS light out in the summer.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Maybe if we are lucky they will start or end the second leg with a few Alaska dates. Kick off the second leg in Fairbanks with a solstice show then a pair in Anchorage. No, I am not high; why do you ask?
  • Options
    Alaska was a great place before the military and the oil companies ruined it. Let's take it back for at least one night under the "low light" of Alaskan summer night.
  • Options
    Another daily bump for this thread. I will keep doing it until the band makes the decision official to skip our largest state yet again, thus ruining any chance I have to see them this summer.
  • Options
    Bump...

PJ in Anchorage on the solstice 2006!
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    do people actually live in alaska? i thought it was all grizzly bears and hunting cabins..

joking of course, my guess is likely because the remoteness.. no doubt they've considered it, but how many fans would follow them to the end of the world? ok.. bad choice of words there as thats probably a lot..

it'd be a small show for sure if it even happend.. but hey, they played 2 shows in Newfoundland so anything is possible...
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    lukin14 wrote:
    but hey, they played 2 shows in Newfoundland so anything is possible...

Right on! When i found out they were playing here, i started believing in miracles again ;)
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    way to remote...and cold...and isolated...and boring...the list could go on and on.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:
    way to remote...and cold...and isolated...and boring...the list could go on and on.

Spoken like a person who has obviously never been to Anchorage in the summertime...

Keep up that mentality. It makes Alaska more enjoyable to the rest of us when other's tunnelvision keeps them away.
  • Options
    You know, I bet this would be an amazing show.... In places with high populations, they can only play so long, due to area laws. I bet they could play all fucking night and nobody would care. I'm not all that interested in flying all the way across the continent to see it, but man, I bet it'd be great.
    Spectrum 4/28/03
    State College 5/3/03
    Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03

makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Stone and Jeff can snowboard up there, but they can't play a few shows...

They should know this is the most scenic place on the continent.
  • Options
    bump

just waiting for the website to start playing "quinn the eskimo"
  • Options
    Well, it looks like Alaska will get shut out yet again and PJ has to go scheduling the Gorge date 2 weeks before I finish my internship in Anchorage. Barring some sort of massive surprise second announcement adding onto the second leg, it appears I will miss seeing any shows this summer. C'mon guys, it has been 15 years and never a show in our largest state. Let's end the cold streak (pun intended).
  • Options
    haha yeahh an Alaskan show would be awesome. i went with family there a few years ago on a Cruise.. its a really nice place. just yeahh not really that many people to come out to the shows. though i think it would be a bad ass show if they played like an open, free show out on Hubbard Glacier or something.. that would be sweet. but then the set might start slidding down the ice.. haha. but then again just like a small show would be awesome with the wooded green mountians and the snow white capped peaks. its awesome. and to whoever said PJ could play an all night long show.. depending on what time of the year it is, that could either be a really short show. or a really long show. if it was in the summer it would last for maybe an hour. it never really got DARK there.. only like dusk when i was there in June.. but in the winter i hear its dark like the entire time.. how do you guys live like that?

anyways the point is.. i hope you guys get your Alaskan show. that would be great. if i was in a big famous band i would hit up Alaska.
  • Options
    smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    its nice to see some support for us up here in the Last Frontier.. keep up the kudos & we never know. maybe they will change their minds & come up here for a mini tour. after the main tour is over...

i highly doubt it, but 1 can always have hope...
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    weazelpjweazelpj Posts: 5
    Alaska would be a great show... come on PJ...
    "I don't question our existance, I just question our modern needs..."
  • Options
    GTmattUO wrote:
    Maybe if we are lucky they will start or end the second leg with a few Alaska dates. Kick off the second leg in Fairbanks with a solstice show then a pair in Anchorage. No, I am not high; why do you ask?

Sure, you are not high??? :D
    Rapid City 98