Options

Why hasn't PJ ever played in Alaska ?

Comments

• Options
    smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    DeLukin wrote:
    Two words for you: "Polar Bears"

yeah we have them too. past the artic circle.
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Just to bump this because I would love to visit AK and see PJ. Check out the associated press article by Jeannette J. Lee "Great waves, cold water attract surfers to Alaska." Outside magazine named Yakutat, AK as one of the top 5 surf US surf towns. I'm not making this up!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Heh, I was just about to mention the surfing angle. I grew up in a small town outside of Anchorage. Alaska is the promiseland, and I can tell you if Pearl Jam ever did play there, they'd go back.

It will never happen though, for the same reason no other band heads up there. Simply too far away for ONE show to justify all the travel costs (not even 750,000 live in the entire state). In my whole time growing up, I can remember Metallica coming up once to the Sullivan Arena, other than that a lot of off-road racing and WWF!!!! Wasn't able to see my first PJ show till '98 in fricking Albuquerque, NM!!!!!!

But hey, I'll sign the petition. And you'd all be welcome over for some smoked halibut...peace.
    "I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club."
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    smokeabud wrote:
    Hey its been over a week. & no ones helping a fellow out ? come on people .

Pearl Jam in Alaska .

OK, I'll bump this..... it would give me an excuse to head up that way.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    thats the idea guys ,, cool , hell if it costs so much to get their gear up here. hell Y not do an acoustical show instead. for that all U need is a couple of guitars & some stoned listeners. :D

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    smokeabud wrote:
    thats the idea guys ,, cool , hell if it costs so much to get their gear up here. hell Y not do an acoustical show instead. for that all U need is a couple of guitars & some stoned listeners. :D

I don't know shit about promoters and how a tour is developed.... but couldn't you get some type of an "official" packet from a promoter up there and send it to PJ management? Might help.....

.... or I might be talking out of my ass
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    MerkyjammMerkyjamm Posts: 272
    Bumpbumpbump.

I'm not American but I know how smokeabud feels, having never had the band near my back garden (while I knew they existed, that is).

So yeah, bump.
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • Options
    What's an Alaska?
    E-A-G-L-E-S
  • Options
    What's an Alaska?

its a state , try a Geography book.

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    Danny BoyDanny Boy Posts: 161
    Let's see some love for Alaska... A lot of you guys bumped for South America and they got their gigs, so how about a little love for your brethren up North???
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Lots of love for my favorite state........Alaska!!! Seeing Pearl Jam there might even top seeing them in Nova Scotia.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    alaska rocks! i went on a cruise there in august, we hit up skagway, ketchikan, and juneau. i did some rock climbing, mountain biking, and i hit up the red onion saloon. good times, i really hope pearl jam hits alaska up some time soon, they won't regret it!
  • Options
    LDITG... you were in my ville on your cruise... Ketchikan. Not a bad vista here in Alaska, is it?

I concur ~ PJ would love it up here. And I'd love it too.
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • Options
    I've already posted here. I'd love to see PJ in AK. But I just noticed no one from AK has signed on the map yet! It would help our cause if all you Alaskans would sign in:)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    smokeabud wrote:
    Hi , i'm a newbie to the msg. pit here. but not to Tenclub.net

i finally thought of something somewhat intelligent to ask in a first post.

Why hasn't PJ ever played in AK ?

anyone know Y this is?

thanks

cause it's cold and dark, and they would rock all the igloos to moosh, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Danny Boy wrote:
    LDITG... you were in my ville on your cruise... Ketchikan. Not a bad vista here in Alaska, is it?

I concur ~ PJ would love it up here. And I'd love it too.

yeah, ketchikan was a real highlight for me. the glaciers were incredible, i had the opportunity to see them really close up. i would love to get back there again.
  • Options
    Ketchikan is cool. but up here in Fairbanks , we have the Great one MT Denali in our backyard. :D

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    maybe they don't fucking feel like it. it's too cold up there. besides, napoleon dynamite might shoot them with a freakin 12 gauge hunitng wolverines.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    Wow Billy... that one must've taken a lot of thought. I'm very impressed with your knowledge of Alaska. Do you suppose that 90 degrees is too cold? It gets that hot up here in the summer time.

PJ would love it up here ~ I've no doubt in my mind. Bump...
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Cateeto wrote:
    Send them about 12 coats each and then maybe they'll come to you :p
    Seriously though, I've always wondered that myself. Hopefully they visit you sometime soon :)

Does anyone remember in 2000, when they played (help me here) Missoula? And Ed is breathing on the microphone from under about 5 layers.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    one word,,,

ALASKA

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Here's a hint:

Find a very worthy environmental, social, or political cause and go after Pearl Jam to play a benefit concert there.

It seems to work in a variety of other settings. Why not in Alaska?
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Alaska Alaska Alaska !

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    wheres the love for a fellow PJ'er .. help me get them to play in ALaska ...

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    I'm already on here a bunch. But I would still love it. Did you see PJ in the paper? My mother-in-law said there was a big article written on them, I'm supposing in the Anchorage paper, even though they live in Homer. She mailed it to me but I haven't gotten it yet. Love Alaska! :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I've already posted here. I'd love to see PJ in AK. But I just noticed no one from AK has signed on the map yet! It would help our cause if all you Alaskans would sign in:)
    I wonder if there is an actual map? Hey I may need a reason to road trip.
    K-The lost will do their best to get home, if they are loved. To our soldiers who have given what they had.
  • Options
    wheres this Map ? nope didn't read no articule in the ADN. & wheres the love people ! help me out in my efforts here, ALASKA ALASKA ALASKA :D

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I've always wanted to visit Alaska... For some reason I could see the poster being really awesome if Pearl Jam were to play there... Like a crazy looking abominal snowman with the use of blues/whites...
    Anyway that is a good question? I'm sure people would travel to see them if they played there, especially to say they saw them in a "first time" state.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    smokeabud wrote:
    wheres this Map ? nope didn't read no articule in the ADN. & wheres the love people ! help me out in my efforts here, ALASKA ALASKA ALASKA :D

Here's the link. :)

http://www.frappr.com/pearljam
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    congratulations on being the only person from alaska ive ever seen on these boards :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II