5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I hear there is a midnight marathon on that day in Alaska. I always thought that would be so cool to run a marathon or a half-marathon at midnight in the daylight. We could attend the concert and then run the marathon. Whew.... wouldn't that be some day!
    They actually start the marathon at a normal starting time (7:00 a.m., if I remember correctly), they just call it the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon. It is a great marathon..........I ran it and finished it in 1997.

My wife and I are planning on visiting Alaska in 2007 whether Pearl Jam does or not.

Please play the Last Frontier.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    They actually start the marathon at a normal starting time (7:00 a.m., if I remember correctly), they just call it the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon. It is a great marathon..........I ran it and finished it in 1997.

My wife and I are planning on visiting Alaska in 2007 whether Pearl Jam does or not.

Please play the Last Frontier.

U forgot the Midnight Sun BaseBall Game , played on the 21st of June @ midnight..
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    Well, i'm not new to MSG however, I rarely post...but, i'm up here in ALaska too and there's atually lots of PJ fans here just from talkin to people and seeing stickers on peoples cars. We do get BIG names up here too(Don Henly, steve earl, ani difranco, aerosmith, godsmack, tool, etc....). I've talked to McCready twice in the last 4 years and he tells me that they will come up here and play. Last time I asked (7/20/06 Portland) if we needed a petetion? He laughed and said "no, we'll get up there". So, I continue to hold my breath as long as there's someone to give me CPR!
  • Options
    I hope they play Alaska BEFORE the south just to piss them off!!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    smokeabud wrote:
    U forgot the Midnight Sun BaseBall Game , played on the 21st of June @ midnight..
    What's going on my friend? How's life up in AK?

Enjoying those discs I sent ya? Hope so!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    It's because it's Alaska!!

Damn, I think that would be a reason TO GO. It's friggin' gorgeous Alaska!!

I'd hit the Glacier Tour!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    smokeabud wrote:
    I was asleep at that time on my trip, as the marathon was the next morning.:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I'd see a PJ show in Alaska...in summer though... I bet it's too friggin cold there in the winter...and this coming from a guy in Ottawa..cold here but I don't think as cold as there... Had a friend live there for 2 years and said a hot summer day was 20 degrees..(70F)...lol

But really I'm just joking...just like some southerners think Canada has snow year round and we live in Igloos...hahaha
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Because it's fuckin' cold?

haha best reply ever.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    What's going on my friend? How's life up in AK?

Enjoying those discs I sent ya? Hope so!

doing great aNiMaL. good to hear from ya..

hell yeah , am enjoying the cds .. :D

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    JEFF IJEFF I Posts: 50
    Hey there smokeabud......maybe that would help.....hope all is well....you know PJ will play Alalska... Question is when...peace
    vedderrules
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Bump for AK
    NERDS!
  • Options
    happy gobble day everyone !

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Goodday everyone in Alaska!!!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    bump and a happy B-day to Smokeabud
    NERDS!
  • Options
    bump and a happy B-day to Smokeabud

thanks man !

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    JEFF IJEFF I Posts: 50
    bump
    vedderrules
  • Options
    Bumping for Alaska!!!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Another bump here for Alaska. Haven't posted here for a while. Love this thread though. We can only hope it's on the wishlist! :D We're there if it ever happens! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone from the Top of the World...

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    happy new year from the GREAT WHITE NORTH

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    This is the year they will play in alaska!!! Where would a good venue be? On a cruise ship sailing through Glacier Bay? HaHaHa. Happy New Year!
    Yes, there really is a dog.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    smokeabud wrote:
    happy new year from the GREAT WHITE NORTH
    Happy New Year to you too! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    ALASKA - is a wonderful venue and there are tons of pj fans there. I was up there in summer 2003 and Godsmack came to Fairbanks and tons of people came from all over the state. It was a huge deal and the people appreciated it so much.
    PEARL JAM has no idea what they are missing out on - I have never been to a more beautiful and peaceful place. A summer set of shows would allow for warm temperatures (contrary to belief it can get in the 80s and 90s) during the summer here and there is alot more daylight in the summer depending on what part of the state you live in.

I love Alaska and if i was single - I 'd move there in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!

There is no better place I could imagine PJ playing - and I would find a way to make it up there to see them.
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • Options
    yeah , we need support up here ! come ppl show Alaska some LOVE

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    smokeabud wrote:
    yeah , we need support up here ! come ppl show Alaska some LOVE

I'd come to Alaska for a Pearl Jam concert. :D
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    i'd go too and bring my 8 year old daughter

I was there last summer on a motorcycle tour and absolutely adored it. Let's rock the Homer spit
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    nooram wrote:
    i'd go too and bring my 8 year old daughter

I was there last summer on a motorcycle tour and absolutely adored it. Let's rock the Homer spit

see , now thats the spirt :D

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    Alaska rocks!!!!

~Play Alaska~

Some love from the Southern U.S.