*complete* poster collections

Comments

• I have a poster for all the shows i've been to....but I haven't been to many so it wasn't hard.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • acquiring the MSG 03 poster this past april completed my collection.
    i OWN every poster that was available for a show i've been to (no Irving, multiple shows on one poster, etc)
    unfortunately about half of them are in storage.

framed and hanging are:

Randall's Island 96
    Holmdel 03
    Penn State College 03
    Msg 03
    Uniondale 03
    Boston I 06
    Boston II 06
    Borgata 05
    Jones beach 2000
    VFC tour 04
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • acquiring the MSG 03 poster this past april completed my collection.
    i OWN every poster that was available for a show i've been to (no Irving, multiple shows on one poster, etc)
    unfortunately about half of them are in storage.

framed and hanging are:

Randall's Island 96
    Holmdel 03
    Penn State College 03
    Msg 03
    Uniondale 03
    Boston I 06
    Boston II 06
    Borgata 05
    Jones beach 2000
    VFC tour 04

we've attended quite a few similar shows, sadly i missed out on a few gems on your list too. late blooming fan here. :D

i only have 4 posters framed right now...one presently at the framers :p....and at least 2 more in transit to me definitely getting framed. i MAY get 2 more framed now after i have em all and figure out how i will hang em, but that'll still leave a good 8-10 being stored until i can ultimately display them as i wish.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I "only" need the 95 Asia tour poster, the closest thing to a poster for my first show. I don't even remember seeing them at the gig, but even if I'd bought one I would probably just have tacked it to the wall.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Its kind of strange. There have been posters for all the shows I've been to, but most of them are fugly and I'd never hang one, so I only own for Boston I '06. Got a whole bunch of other posters though.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • There aren't posters for over half the shows I've been to. Anything before 1995, in which I saw them 6 times, there aren't any posters.
    the Minions
  • I finally completed my collection from all of the shows I've been to about a year ago. I had to use ebay for one older 98 poster and traded for another. I love the poster that come out, but I only buy the posters for the shows I've been to.
    I will ride the wave where it takes me.

E.V.
  • im only missing Vancouver 2003 .. anyone have one they want to part with ????
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • sd412sd412 Posts: 19
    Got mine.......
    My DVD List
    http://db.etree.org/sd412

There is no reason that she passed
    And there is no god with a plan
    It's sad... and his loneliness is proof
    It's sad... he could only love you
    It's sad
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    There aren't posters for over half the shows I've been to. Anything before 1995, in which I saw them 6 times, there aren't any posters.

Did you at least get the 93 and 94 tour posters?

Dead dogs rule....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Ive been to 26 shows. Im only missing Seattle 98 but, I dont have $500.00 laying around!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • if anyone can help me out.....these are the posters i need to "complete" my collection of posters for every show i have attended....

i need...

chicago 94
    chicago 94
    chicago 98
    alpine 98
    alpine 98
    chicago 2000
    alpine 2003
    philly 2003
    philly 2003
    santa barbara 2003
    toledo 2004
    grand rapids 2004
    kissimmee 2004
    london 2005
    kitchener 2005
    hamilton 2005
    calgary 2005
    house of blues 2005
    cleveland 2006
    grand rapids 2006
    philly 2006
    philly 2006
    cincy 2006...........

i need all the bridge shows i have been to.....both 2003 shows....both 2006 shows.....

hehehehehehehe................FUCK THOSE POSTERS!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • if anyone can help me out.....these are the posters i need to "complete" my collection of posters for every show i have attended....

i need...

chicago 94
    chicago 94
    chicago 98
    alpine 98
    alpine 98
    chicago 2000
    alpine 2003
    philly 2003
    philly 2003
    santa barbara 2003
    toledo 2004
    grand rapids 2004
    kissimmee 2004
    london 2005
    kitchener 2005
    hamilton 2005
    calgary 2005
    house of blues 2005
    cleveland 2006
    grand rapids 2006
    philly 2006
    philly 2006
    cincy 2006...........

i need all the bridge shows i have been to.....both 2003 shows....both 2006 shows.....

check your PM's.
    Nice shirt.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    if anyone can help me out.....these are the posters i need to "complete" my collection of posters for every show i have attended....

i need...

chicago 94
    chicago 94
    chicago 98
    alpine 98
    alpine 98
    chicago 2000
    alpine 2003
    philly 2003
    philly 2003
    santa barbara 2003
    toledo 2004
    grand rapids 2004
    kissimmee 2004
    london 2005
    kitchener 2005
    hamilton 2005
    calgary 2005
    house of blues 2005
    cleveland 2006
    grand rapids 2006
    philly 2006
    philly 2006
    cincy 2006...........

man you get around more than my sister ;)

I am still kicking myself for not going to the 05 HOB show but I was more poor than I am now :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12 wrote:
    man you get around more than my sister ;)

I am still kicking myself for not going to the 05 HOB show but I was more poor than I am now :)
    what does your sister have planned this weekend???.....

she sounds like my kind of girl.....hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    who has em?

as in...a complete collection of posters for all the shows you've attended. *just* last night i put into place the very last poster i needed to have a *complete* collection. sadly, not all shows i've attended had posters.....*cough* irvingplaza*cough*....a few had 1 poster for multiple shows, such as msg I and II 2003, italy 2006, although that's a GOOD thing, hahaha. so yes, lots of scoping...
    here......EB....ebay.....trades....sales ......etc....and i am so happy. :) granted, it'll be a few years more than likely until i have the proper display space in my home for em all, but now i have em for when that day arises. what can i say, it satisfies my OCD, haha, and also what a great way to maintain show memories.....

share your collections.....

I'm not buying the poster book as I already own ALL of the posters that are going to be in it ;)
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Have them all EXCEPT......

The Gorge 93...Big Bear I believe it is called....Or Big $$$ is what I like to call it. ;)

And

Missoula 98...Still wasnt into posters yet...."why would I want a STUPID concert poster?"

If he only knew then what he knows NOW! :)

What a dumbass...Could have had them for $5 and $15 each I think back then. So 100+ posters later, these may be the only two I may never attain...
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I've got them all plus! I realized I was only missing a few, four I think, so set out to "complete" my collection. haha Now I've got many many more due to just liking the poster or finding a good deal. Expresso Beans sure helped in my collection, not only with PJ posters but other artists as well. It's such a cool site and is an addiction in itself. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • PJLuisPJLuis Posts: 385
    I am only missing Phoenix 2000.

If anyone is selling one, please pm me.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Since I've never been to a Pearl Jam show, my collection is 100% up to date and complete.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
  • 12 shows, missing 1...Verona 2000. the poster is so ugly I will give 10$ for it, anyone interested...PM :D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    yep, i bought the fugly nijmegen. :o toldya i wanted it, how could i not? it is my last show thus far, so i *had* to get it.....incomplete collection without it.

that said, yea...irving plaza.....no poster. :( msg I and II shared one poster......5 italy shows.....1 poster. so took my 22 shows down to 17 posters (b/c i got the methane 32006 tour poster b/c i love it so much and not specific to one show, so i again 'count' it for the lack of irving plaza art), so all good.

funny, my nijmegen is S/N......not by choice really....but i guess if i have to own a fugly poster, nice it's got something *extra* about it. :D
    Seriously had no clue, you wanted every poster of the tour, would have been quite easy to get the poster at Nijmegen... Still very nice for ya to get a collection complete.. I was a bit thrown off because 1st the Arnhem and Antwerp 06 posters... let's just say not that pretty... Then Nijmegen... fugly would cover it quite well.. I love design and all, and often stuff not everybody likes, but these, just didn't make me wanna frame 'm and hang on my wall. Still completely understand that once you start a collection u'd want it complete, so kudos and congrats!
    your light's reflected now
  • I'm just missing New Zealand 1998
    that poster will be mine one day
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Obi Once wrote:
    Seriously had no clue, you wanted every poster of the tour, would have been quite easy to get the poster at Nijmegen... Still very nice for ya to get a collection complete.. I was a bit thrown off because 1st the Arnhem and Antwerp 06 posters... let's just say not that pretty... Then Nijmegen... fugly would cover it quite well.. I love design and all, and often stuff not everybody likes, but these, just didn't make me wanna frame 'm and hang on my wall. Still completely understand that once you start a collection u'd want it complete, so kudos and congrats!

you were high my friend. :D
    when you came back w/o it, i said why didn't you get it.....you told me it was so ugly i'd not want it. :p and i said yea, whateva...i DID want it. however, by then, too risky to give up my spot on the rail, so yea....c'est la vie. haha. and it won't be hanging on the wall for quite awhile, until we finish the space we want for it all. evenutally though, fugly or not....displayed all together with all the pj show posters....it will look beautiful by association. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Great thread. I have posters from every show I've been to EXCEPT the Tibetan Freedom Concert in 98 at RFK. I've also framed and hung all but Lolla 07, Camden II 06 and San Diego 06. Most of my 98s are s/n, as is the Charlotte 96.

But lately, as much as I love the posters, I have been thinking that I'm going to sell most of them soon. I'll probably keep LA II 06, DC 06 and Charlotte 96, but the rest of them... I don't know, they just don't do it for me anymore. I think I'm getting old... haha

I think this is a good example of the hunt being more exciting than the kill, at least for me... I still can't believe I rushed in to get Camden II from last year and actually bought it, even after I saw it. That's gotta be their worst ever, in my opinion.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am missing
    Borgata 05
    Philly I 06

Prices are still a bit high for these-and the philly one seems to be tough to find

that Borgata is never coming down my friend... just up
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    OK, lets see

Philly 2003 - had it, didnt like it, got rid of it
    MSG 2003 - never had it, BUT I WILL HAVE IT
    Boston 2004 1 - had it, got rid of it, want it back
    Reading 2004 - had it, got rid of it, have it again
    Asheville 2004 - had it, got rid of it, looking for it to finish NEOCON set for 2nd time
    Gorge 2005 - have it, keeping it, framing it, would still like the S/N version
    Montreal 2005 - had it, got rid of it, want the S/N version
    Ottawa 2005 - had it, got rid of it, want the S/N version
    Borgata 2005 - have it, keeping it, framing it
    Philly 2005 - had it, got rid of it, want the S/N version
    Albany 2006 - saw it at venue and passed because i didnt like it, but oddly still want the S/N
    Philly 2006 - fucking thing sold out RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME IN LINE, want the S/N version
    Philly 2006 - dont have it, never had it, what the hell is it?
    DC 2006 - Fuck Yeah, framing it
    East Rutherford 2006 II - dont have it, want the S/N version
    The Vic 2007 - Fuck Yeah, got it at the show. Just traded for the purple S/N as well. both will be framed
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    my2hands wrote:
    that Borgata is never coming down my friend... just up

well it has leveled off, but your probably right
    I will have to suck it up and pay the $$$ at some point
  • who has em?

as in...a complete collection of posters for all the shows you've attended. *just* last night i put into place the very last poster i needed to have a *complete* collection. sadly, not all shows i've attended had posters.....*cough* irvingplaza*cough*....a few had 1 poster for multiple shows, such as msg I and II 2003, italy 2006, although that's a GOOD thing, hahaha. so yes, lots of scoping...
    here......EB....ebay.....trades....sales ......etc....and i am so happy. :) granted, it'll be a few years more than likely until i have the proper display space in my home for em all, but now i have em for when that day arises. what can i say, it satisfies my OCD, haha, and also what a great way to maintain show memories.....

share your collections.....

:(
    sadly, spoke too soon.....for very tragic reasons, did not happen, so incomplete. in the grand scheme of life, so unimportant. however, now i am simply *3* shy of my completion.

i even have a room/space designated for it all. not *exactly* as i want it in the future, will have a bigger wall/space/room down the road, but for now...will be damn nice i think. 3 rows of wall ledges so i can adjust/rearrange the posters at will. all in my possession are framed and waiting the ledges arrival in early february......and now i must hunt down my last remaining 3....

boston I 2004
    boston II 2004
    vancouver 2005

anyone has em and want to part with em, let me know. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...