Options

february NYC meet-up!

Comments

• Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    decides2dream, just wanted to let you know I'm out for this one. It's too hard for me to get down to visit on a Friday without taking off.

Say hi to everyone for me and maybe we can have one on a Saturday soon.

i kinda figured...didn't think the philly contingent would make too many. ;) of course though, you will be missed!

i always thought saturdays were more difficult; more people have plans for saturday nights, places are even MORE packed/booked...but it's certainly possible! and yes, not too soon but none the less....we may finally do a repeat of the summer garden party this year as well, most definitely on a saturday. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ShoeTheShoelessShoeTheShoeless Long Island, NY Posts: 40
    don't know if it was in this thread or a previous meet-up thread, but we all noted/reminisced that the very FIRST NYC meet-up in december 2003 was held during a BLIZZARD.....and we still had about 12 people show up....from as far as philly and upstate NY! can't stop a jammer party in NY! :p

bummer mooks. hopefully you'll feel better to join in, if not take care and get better! :)
    hah i was there in 2003 i was there!
    good times trudging through the sloppy streets of manhattan...

so anyway guess what, i WILL be in the city fri nite!
    i have other plans, but thats not to say i cant pop on by....we will see :D
    wide awake & reaching out....

50th show @ Fenway 8/5/16!!!
    1996: 9/28 ~~ 1998: 9/10 ~~ 2000: 8/24 ~~ 2003: 4/30, 7/2, 7/3, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/11, 7/14 ~~ 2004: 9/28, 9/29, 10/1, 10/2 ~~
    2005: 9/15, 9/16, 10/3 ~~ 2006: 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/2 ~~ 2008: 6/19, 6/20, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30 ~~
    2009: 10/27, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31 ~~ 2010: 5/15, 5/17, 5/18, 5/20, 5/21 ~~ 2013: 10/18, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22 ~~
    2016: 4/28, 4/19, 5/1, 5/2, 8/5, 8/7
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    decides2dream, just wanted to let you know I'm out for this one. It's too hard for me to get down to visit on a Friday without taking off.

Say hi to everyone for me and maybe we can have one on a Saturday soon.

sad :(

next time joe

1996: 9/28 ~~ 1998: 9/10 ~~ 2000: 8/24 ~~ 2003: 4/30, 7/2, 7/3, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/11, 7/14 ~~ 2004: 9/28, 9/29, 10/1, 10/2 ~~
    2005: 9/15, 9/16, 10/3 ~~ 2006: 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/2 ~~ 2008: 6/19, 6/20, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30 ~~
    2009: 10/27, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31 ~~ 2010: 5/15, 5/17, 5/18, 5/20, 5/21 ~~ 2013: 10/18, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22 ~~
  • Options
    hah i was there in 2003 i was there!
    good times trudging through the sloppy streets of manhattan...

so anyway guess what, i WILL be in the city fri nite!
    i have other plans, but thats not to say i cant pop on by....we will see :D

tease. ;)
    be about time you made one...it's been YEARS now!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    hey every one i will miss all of you as i will be driving up to vermont in the snow whooooooo whooo so it should be good skiing ,please pass my regards to all and i do plan on attending the next one ....:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hey every one i will miss all of you as i will be driving up to vermont in the snow whooooooo whooo so it should be good skiing ,please pass my regards to all and i do plan on attending the next one ....

you WILL be missed, even if you're an elitist snob. ;) i am sooooooooooo kidding, ya know i love ya...and really, despite all my 'discussions'..... i love all my pj buddies! :D enjoy the snow!

i am soooooooooooo looking forward to drinks and socializing tomorrow!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    edited post. ignore :)
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    All right! This p*ssy, err, Fucking Pussy, is feeling much better today. See everyone tomorrow!!! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    *BUMP* for the Jammers who don't have a brother who is getting married in the middle of the Catskills this weekend thus can make the meet at the Pourhouse tonight :D
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hey kids stevie d has to bail on this as i'll have 10 inches (of snow), 3 kids, and one working wiper blade on my rental car. i will be home tonight drinking and throwing some pj on in my garage while snowblowing...thinking of you all...next meetup i will try to get down there...mooks - hope you're feeling better and have one (or many) for me.
    cheers all!
    sd
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    sorry guys but I am also out.

took a snow day and am about to hit the bunny slopes with my son
    and his flying saucer

I will miss ya.

hot toddys for anyone up near bedford!

see ya next time around
  • Options
    bummer!
    but completely undertandable, on both counts! hopefully next time!

however, it *IS* still ON for those planning on making it! cate frances should be in the city awhile now, i would say she's still a go though i've not heard from her since she left oz....but don't know her internet situation in NYC. so unless the weather really takes a horrible turn for the hideous, i cannot imagine it being called off. i'll be there!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    bummer!
    but completely undertandable, on both counts! hopefully next time!

however, it *IS* still ON for those planning on making it! cate frances should be in the city awhile now, i would say she's still a go though i've not heard from her since she left oz....but don't know her internet situation in NYC. so unless the weather really takes a horrible turn for the hideous, i cannot imagine it being called off. i'll be there!

I'm there too! Although I may be a little late as I will be making snow angels in Union Square. If it's 9 p.m. and I still have not arrived, there's a great chance that I am stuck to the pavement. Please retrieve! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I'm there too! Although I may be a little late as I will be making snow angels in Union Square. If it's 9 p.m. and I still have not arrived, there's a great chance that I am stuck to the pavement. Please retrieve! ;)

good thing, didn't want to have to call you a pussy, again! ;)

well, i should think that edvedder913 and myself shall be there promptly at 8 as we are meeting earlier for dinner. so do try not to play in the snow too long. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    If we can't get shoveled out ....I can't make it tonight.....(I'm not shoveling snow)
  • Options
    good thing, didn't want to have to call you a pussy, again! ;)

well, i should think that edvedder913 and myself shall be there promptly at 8 as we are meeting earlier for dinner. so do try not to play in the snow too long. :D

Yeah! Good thing you didn't have to call me that again!! As to not playing in the snow too much, I promise to only write my first name, even though I had my heart set on first, middle, and last!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    If we can't get shoveld out ....I can't make it tonight.....(I'm not shoveling snow)

:( :( :(

but, but....you made it to the very FIRST NYC meet in december 2003...during a blizzard!

*i totally understand. i HOPE you can make it, but if not...keep safe and warm, and next time!

mookie - good! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    :( :( :(

but, but....you made it to the very FIRST NYC meet in december 2003...during a blizzard!

*i totally understand. i HOPE you can make it, but if not...keep safe and warm, and next time!

mookie - good! :D

wow was it that long ago....I had so much spunk back then......
  • Options

:D
    you're still spunky!
    :cool:

i hope the weather clears so all/most will still be able to attend. i AM already in manhattan, makes it easlier...but i do still hve to make it home to long island too! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    dont hate me....dont hate me....

im with leslie, in my old & tired & unadventurous age of 27 pushing 75.....im bailing tonite (unless there is some miraculous break in the clouds). dont take it personally, i cancelled on my friends too, altho we were gonna head out to meet up with you guys. :(

this weather is crap!
    and you know with crap weather comes crap LIRR delays......good luck trekking!

• Options
    I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to make the trek in. Right now I'm leaning toward no. But I feel bad about missing out last time. And next month im gonna be busy on two fridays the 7th and the 27th so I might miss out again. Man why did it have to snow today :( So maybe ill cya guys later if not...
  • Options
    dont hate me....dont hate me....

im with leslie, in my old & tired & unadventurous age of 27 pushing 75.....im bailing tonite (unless there is some miraculous break in the clouds). dont take it personally, i cancelled on my friends too, altho we were gonna head out to meet up with you guys. :(

this weather is crap!

no hate. is it sad that i never expected you to make it in th first place? :o hahaha.

seriously, i understand with the weather and all. although i will say, my commute this morning was uneventful, as in, trains running punctually. weather in manhattan right now....sky looks ugly, but no snow.....streets look all clear, etc. dunno what's up near home, but whatever. for me, i am already here...so i figure, what difference does it make whether i go home my usual 6:16....or 1:07....still have to get home! ;)

I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to make the trek in. Right now I'm leaning toward no. But I feel bad about missing out last time. And next month im gonna be busy on two fridays the 7th and the 27th so I might miss out again. Man why did it have to snow today So maybe ill cya guys later if not...

again, totally understand! you were missed last time, pour house is a good place for drinks/socializing! hope ya make it...but if not, no worries....next time! fyi - others certainly can arrange things, but i most definitely will not be arranging anything until after april 15th. and then, i will be ready to drink buckets of alcohol. :p so april 25th let's say looks to most likely be the time i will arrange for another dinner and/or drink meet. but feel free to organize w/o me too! so.hope ya make it...but if not...april!

there ARE a few people who have PMed and said they're definitely still in so we WILL be there! hope many more can make it down!

btw - funny all this *old* talk..sheesh...i am older than (almost) all of you! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

The LIRR actually isn't that bad today. I took a 2p train home with no problems, but you never know how its going to be later tonight when everything turns to ice.

I too am bailing. The only drinking I'm doing tonight is with my liquid antibotics. (yes, I am a 24 year old child who can not swallow pills)

Have fun! I swear I'll make it to 4/25. I'll be back from Oz by then.
  • Options
    The LIRR actually isn't that bad today. I took a 2p train home with no problems, but you never know how its going to be later tonight when everything turns to ice.

I too am bailing. The only drinking I'm doing tonight is with my liquid antibotics. (yes, I am a 24 year old child who can not swallow pills)

Have fun! I swear I'll make it to 4/25. I'll be back from Oz by then.

bummer!
    and here i was thinking you WOULD'NT be bailing since you too work in manhattan! but, since you also sound ill....forgiven. :D feel better! and you'll be back by then? wow. ENJOY!

sheesh...you youngsters!
    :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    leaving in about a half hour for dinner...than onwards to the pour house! hope MANY make it out, and cate...hope you'll be there! :p seeya all soon!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    So when is next month's meet up scheduled.......I won't miss three in a row....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    whoa what a bunch of wimps i drve 4hrs to vermont in this shit & loving it love me some snow d2d i will be there next meet up & you know i would of def made it to this one .....if not for my plans not working out to skii the weekend before ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    whoa what a bunch of wimps i drve 4hrs to vermont in this shit & loving it love me some snow d2d i will be there next meet up & you know i would of def made it to this one .....if not for my plans not working out to skii the weekend before ..

d2d and I went to dinner b4 the meet up and indulged ourselves in a bottle of Malbec and thought of you :) it was goooood.....

you were missed!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    where'd you go for dinner?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    where'd you go for dinner?

oh it was just the 2 of us pre-meetup....i think the name was Vine & something...I forget.