february NYC meet-up!

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    or three is better than one.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    hey cynthia - good job keeping the thread bumped in my absence! grazie bella! vacation was great, great, greeeeaaattttt.......;) and my LR is the most beautiful red, and this http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5192403&postcount=2045 too. :p

it saddens me to remove jose from the maybe list........:( you shall be missed my friend, but have a GREAT time skiing with the family!

steve! would be brilliant if you made it down to NYC! :cool: would love to meet you, and if the last meet-up is any indication...or ANY of the numerous meets in the past really......ALWAYS a great time! be so happy to have you there - so hope it all works out!

i, finally :o.....called the pour house today. hahaha. i had to leave a message though. said where/when we wanted to reserve, so just will await a call back. i am sure it'll all be fine! so for those of you there last time...same place, same time! for our new joiners.....enter the bar and look/ask for the 'vegas room'....and just head to the back 2 corner table/sofa arrangements...8 PM...we'll be there! can't believe it's THIS friday, how time flies!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    wow - the posters look incredible!!!!!! what city is that butterfly one from? I like that :) see ya Friday.......
  • Options
    I sent you a PM last week Maria... am I not allowed to be on the list anymore:-)?

I'm in for sure... unless I'm pouting after getting shut out on Vedder tix haha
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    steve! would be brilliant if you made it down to NYC! :cool: would love to meet you, and if the last meet-up is any indication...or ANY of the numerous meets in the past really......ALWAYS a great time! be so happy to have you there - so hope it all works out!

one day closer to trying to make this happen. would love to invade nyc from 2 states away for a quick hitter. would also love to meet you as well d2d...i remember chatting with you on the hartford meetup in '06, which was quite fun. i'm trying...

bump for us northerners soaked in the dream of a northeast swing!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    one day closer to trying to make this happen. would love to invade nyc from 2 states away for a quick hitter. would also love to meet you as well d2d...i remember chatting with you on the hartford meetup in '06, which was quite fun. i'm trying...

bump for us northerners soaked in the dream of a northeast swing!!!

we met?! yikes! how horrific of me...hahahaha. i do remember BEING at the hartford meet though....oh wait, now i see, you mean the meet-up thread....hahaha. :o well, i'll do better this time, i promise! :D

that said.......

NEWS!
    i *just* got off the phone with the pour house and we can NOT have the vegas room, it was previously booked! however, we have a reservation for the Red Light room. it's near the bar and there's 3 tables, all reserved for us.

sooooooo, when you go in, just ask for the RED LIGHT ROOM 8 PM!

be sure to alert all you know about this change. i'll send an email to the usual suspects, but as i don't have everyone's email addy, try and spread the word. i'll also update the info in the first post.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    we met?! yikes! how horrific of me...hahahaha. i do remember BEING at the hartford meet though....oh wait, now i see, you mean the meet-up thread....hahaha. :o well, i'll do better this time, i promise! :D

no we didn't actually meet in person...:)...i just remember chatting with you in the hartford meetup forum trying to set everything up. you're not losin' it!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    no we didn't actually meet in person...:)...i just remember chatting with you in the hartford meetup forum trying to set everything up. you're not losin' it!

good to know. ;)

however, i do have to admit there really ARE a lot of people i have met, and did not remember.....:o ahhhhhhhhh, the evils of alcohol. :D also, especially during tour times, with all the meet-ups, etc....meet so many damn people at times, and it becomes a blur! but a GREAT BLUR to have! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    RED LIGHT ROOM
    Nice. Now I can just remember RED LIGHT DISTRICT for the sake of convenience. ...What?
  • Options
    bump...still not outta this yet...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    bump...still not outta this yet...

happy bday!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    nothing like a snowstorm to get the party started
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:

??? All I see is a light wintry mix. Also, please update my status to probable as I am feeling a bit under the weather and if I get worse I'd rather stay in as opposed to infecting others.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

don't know if it was in this thread or a previous meet-up thread, but we all noted/reminisced that the very FIRST NYC meet-up in december 2003 was held during a BLIZZARD.....and we still had about 12 people show up....from as far as philly and upstate NY! can't stop a jammer party in NY! :p

bummer mooks. hopefully you'll feel better to join in, if not take care and get better! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    don't know if it was in this thread or a previous meet-up thread, but we all noted/reminisced that the very FIRST NYC meet-up in december 2003 was held during a BLIZZARD.....and we still had about 12 people show up....from as far as philly and upstate NY! can't stop a jammer party in NY! :p

bummer mooks. hopefully you'll feel better to join in, if not take care and get better! :)

never said it was being stopped ,,just saying its supposed to be snowing..

key word supposed lol
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    ??? All I see is a light wintry mix. Also, please update my status to probable as I am feeling a bit under the weather and if I get worse I'd rather stay in as opposed to infecting others.

fuck that homes - if by friday afternoon i get a green light and i say i'm gonna be there and drive 3 hours to get there, then your ass better be there or in a fuckin hospital!

*edit - no pressure! :D*
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    never said it was being stopped ,,just saying its supposed to be snowing..

key word supposed lol

gotcha.....don't think anything about my post suggests you saying otherwise. :) was simply pointing out that snow or no snow....doesn't interfere with a NYC jammer meet. :D

STEVE!
    hope you get the green light....join us in the red light room! :eek: i feel dirty even just saying that.....;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    mooks - feel better hope you make it

NY PJ1 - are you coming or what?

all I see is light snow - don't think the weather will be an issue.
  • Options
    fuck that homes - if by friday afternoon i get a green light and i say i'm gonna be there and drive 3 hours to get there, then your ass better be there or in a fuckin hospital!

*edit - no pressure! :D*

All right! If you attend I will drag my ass there but as a punishment will only sit next to you!!! You get what you ask for!! :D

Thanks to all for the well wishes. I just told Jose I've been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks now. Just need a good nights rest, two shots of Nyquil and all should be well in the world!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mooks - feel better hope you make it

NY PJ1 - are you coming or what?

all I see is light snow - don't think the weather will be an issue.

indeed.
    reminds me a bit of a big song campaign pj fans had....play leash you pussies? right? was that for mooks or NY..or both? i'll never tell. :D

i really don't forsee an issue either. for those of us already in the city, same difference really.....only those coming from elsewhere, hopefully the weather will hold out!

and remember people - the RED LIGHT ROOM!

btw cyn - the poster you asked about earlier, tis the italy 2006 poster for all 5 shows. the first poster i actually bought ANd kept for myself. i should've kept the numerous i bought at other shows instead of picking up for friends and then having to use EB and/or ebay to rebuy! :p hahaha. ya live, ya learn........
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    indeed.
    reminds me a bit of a big song campaign pj fans had....play leash you pussies? right? was that for mooks or NY..or both? i'll never tell. :D

Was I just indirectly called a pussy? Is this over the whole feminazi comment? I already apologized, it's time to move on! ;)

On a side note, if Steve does make it and I do not will someone buy him a drink on me for his B-day?!? I'm good for like Wimpy's good to pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today!! :D But seriously, I'm good for it!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Was I just indirectly called a pussy? Is this over the whole feminazi comment? I already apologized, it's time to move on! ;)

On a side note, if Steve does make it and I do not will someone buy him a drink on me for his B-day?!? I'm good for like Wimpy's good to pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today!! :D But seriously, I'm good for it!

i TOLD ya to call me that, so why would i scold you for listening? ;)
    and...perhaps. i said i'd never tell. :p

besides, i'm simply a bitch, or haven't you realized that just yet? :D

and, just show up!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    just heard on WINS that they're projecting three to six inches of snow for friday.

of course the weather report is about as reliable as isiah thomas..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    just heard on WINS that they're projecting three to six inches of snow for friday.

of course the weather report is about as reliable as isiah thomas..

three to six inches...of anything ;)...ain't nutthin'. :D

see all the non-p*ssies friday! :cool:

*disclaimer: this post is meant all in good fun and perhaps a wee bit of dirty humor....but no offense nor malice intended. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    three to six inches...of anything ;)...ain't nutthin'. :D

see all the non-p*ssies friday! :cool:

Did someone say three inches?!? You talking more shit about me?!? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Did someone say three inches?!? You talking more shit about me?!? ;)

ha. i just took notice of your location. hysterical.

d2d - thanks for the butterfly poster info. i may need to look that up - i m not a poster collector but i really like that one.

you left out the expletive in front of pu**y's btw.... :)
  • Options
    ha. i just took notice of your location. hysterical.

Do you have the hook-up?!? If so, let's talk on Friday! ;) (If I make it!)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    join us in the red light room! :eek: i feel dirty even just saying that.....;)
    See, I told you so...
  • Options

d2d - thanks for the butterfly poster info. i may need to look that up - i m not a poster collector but i really like that one.

you left out the expletive in front of pu**y's btw.... :)

nor was i, until the italy shows/butterfly poster....so be careful. ;)

and i didn't think the expletive was ALWAYS utlized, but sure....for accuracy:

show up friday you fucking pussies! :D
    *said with love of course!

btw - those of who joined us all for dinner at burrito locos in december and will remember, cc nyc will hopefully be joining in again for the pour house!

tony....twas the first thought to pop into my head when the guy from the pour house told us what room he had available...it's not a bad thing, is it? :o haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    decides2dream, just wanted to let you know I'm out for this one. It's too hard for me to get down to visit on a Friday without taking off.

Say hi to everyone for me and maybe we can have one on a Saturday soon.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13