Options

beacon pre-show dinner and after-party!

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Count me in for the After Party. The Pre-Party is that for those that paid for the $2,500 tickets? I'm one of them so were going to be across the street and some restaurant with free drinks and food.

i have heard there is a pre-party for the pricey tix, but NO...this is for EVERYone. just throwing together a dinner meet pre-show. i need to eat, figure others do too.....just adds to the evening! :)

and yes, we need restaurant suggestions close to the beacon. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    melpetamelpeta Posts: 46
    Hi guys,
    I will be there for after party to hear some reviews from you! I'd love to go to see that show, but can't find anyone with an extra $250 ticket. Please PM if you have one for sale.
    Cheers
    Pawel
  • Options
    hellooooooooooooooooooooo!

we need restaurant suggestions for the dinner portion of the evening, otherwise it's a no-go.

since we haven't had any other suggestions for the after-party, looks like jake's dilemma will be the spot. i'll update the first post! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING (sorry for the caps)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING (sorry for the caps)

:(
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    bump,

i don't anticipate going to the show, (unless someone has an extra) but i'll hang at any of these places.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    once I get a ticket lol.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    when/what is this Beacon show??
    9/28/96, 10/2/96, 9/8/98, 9/10/98, 8/25/00, 5/13/06, 6/3/06
  • Options
    Ok,...pardon the confusion there's been a lot of back and forth...
    the beacon pre party is at Jakes's? and where now is the after party??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 469
    Ok,...pardon the confusion there's been a lot of back and forth...
    the beacon pre party is at Jakes's? and where now is the after party??
    post show is at Jake's

pre-show has not been determined yet i believe

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    post show is at Jake's

pre-show has not been determined yet i believe

exactly.

as mentioned/updated in the first post:

after-party is at jake's dilemma
    see first post for ALL info/links and hope to see many of you there!

as to the pre-show dinner, looks to be a no-go. many expressed interest in attending as mentioned in first post, but as i posted back a ways, no restaurant suggestions. as i have never dined anywhere near the beacon i had no ideas....asked for suggestions and nada. i wanted it set before DC b/c i knew by then i'd be on my pj tour and no time to research nor update. now, the show is tomorrow - YAY! - so bit late to get reservations for a large party, figure out where to be, etc. besides which, i've suffered a rather severe tour-time injury :o...so yea....just chilling and trying to mend so i can be in better form tomorrow.

so then, my apologies for those who wanted a big pre-show dinner. i am sure many can still make their own plans, meet up, etc. i may end up just doing dinner on the island with my show buddy and then hit the beacon bar :D and the show...and then of course the after-party! :cool: i am in far better shape than i was in hartford/mansfield...still pretty beat-up. may leave my hideous ankle out on display :eek:, hahaha...but bring a crutch along 'just in case'...so just look for the gimpy dreamer.........:D

seeya there!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    Let's all meet at

BOURBON STREET
    (405 Amsterdam NYNY)

It is located on Amsterdam between 79th and 80th. There are two for one drinks on just about EVERYTHING from 4-8 pm.

They don't serve food... but there is pizza like right next door and they have menus that we can order in with.

BOURBON STREET PRE-PARTY!!!!!

So far there are like six of us...but it would be cool to get a crew going. Who's in??????

This is the website:
    http://www.bourbonstreetnyc.com
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    If anyone has an extra Beacon ticket let me know. I was thinking of stopping at a pre- party and then going to the show to wait outside and see if I can get a ticket. Willing to pay and give Hartford poster.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    suppafreak wrote:
    Let's all meet at

BOURBON STREET

It is located on Amsterdam between 79th and 80th. There are two for one drinks on just about EVERYTHING from 4-8 pm.

They don't serve food... but there is pizza like right next door and they have menus that we can order in with.

BOURBON STREET PRE-PARTY!!!!!

So far there are like six of us...but it would be cool to get a crew going. Who's in??????

we get to drink for FREE at the beacon, so why booze it up beforehand? :confused: not trying t piss on your parade, just asking. so for me, that would be a no. i most definitely want to tsake it easy PRE-show.....enjoy a few or so ;) AT the gig, but totally be coherent for what shouldbe an EPIC pearl jam experience....and then AFTER-party....well, i am up for it all! :D just hope my left ankle will be too! hahaha. anyhoo....i am most definitely doing DINNEr, as in a good meal...to prepare myself for the evening. i may just stay local, or possibly meet up with a few board buddies pre-show, but yea...a pre-show drink fest ain't for me. have FUN though!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    we get to drink for FREE at the beacon, so why booze it up beforehand? :confused: not trying t piss on your parade, just asking. so for me, that would be a no. i most definitely want to tsake it easy PRE-show.....enjoy a few or so ;) AT the gig, but totally be coherent for what shouldbe an EPIC pearl jam experience....and then AFTER-party....well, i am up for it all! :D just hope my left ankle will be too! hahaha. anyhoo....i am most definitely doing DINNEr, as in a good meal...to prepare myself for the evening. i may just stay local, or possibly meet up with a few board buddies pre-show, but yea...a pre-show drink fest ain't for me. have FUN though!

I wasn't thinking of getting TRASHED...but many of us need to meet up somewhere to organize tix etc...so why not meet somewhere fun? Free drinks are great...but I know it will be a madhouse getting them...and once the show starts...I know I don't plan to be going down to the bar to get drinks!!!!!

Anyone know what time the doors open tomorrow???
  • Options
    agreed, need some food beforehand. i got tickets for the Robin Hood pre-party so may just hit that, it says hors d'oeuvres

Member # 0003

• Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    agreed, need some food beforehand. i got tickets for the Robin Hood pre-party so may just hit that, it says hors d'oeuvres

Well...certainly if i had Robin Hood pre-party tickets.... I wouldn't feel as much of a need to organize my friends anywhere else!

This is the last PJ show of the tour and I plan to hang with some really good friends I won't see for quite some time. A lot of people have to work in the am and can't attend any after party...so this is the perfect time to get together.

If anyone has a better idea...please feel free to speak up!

This thread was started a looooong time ago and now the show is TOMORROW.

Besides...I like the idea of ordering in...that way I can have chinese while they have sushi and they have veggie burgers...ETC. Or go on the cheap with PIZZA!
  • Options
    suppafreak wrote:
    Well...certainly if i had Robin Hood pre-party tickets.... I wouldn't feel as much of a need to organize my friends anywhere else!

This is the last PJ show of the tour and I plan to hang with some really good friends I won't see for quite some time. A lot of people have to work in the am and can't attend any after party...so this is the perfect time to get together.

Besides...I like the idea of ordering in...that way I can have chinese while they have sushi and they have veggie burgers...ETC. Or go on the cheap with PIZZA!
    there are many places on UWS with food and drink....I recommend Gin Mill, around 83rd and Amsterdam

Member # 0003

• Options
    So far we are all still meeting at Bourbon Street....
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    suppafreak wrote:
    I wasn't thinking of getting TRASHED...but many of us need to meet up somewhere to organize tix etc...so why not meet somewhere fun? Free drinks are great...but I know it will be a madhouse getting them...and once the show starts...I know I don't plan to be going down to the bar to get drinks!!!!!

Anyone know what time the doors open tomorrow???

Even when its not free drinks at the Beacon, the bar is a disaster. the hallways and lobby get very cramped.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    suppafreak wrote:

if you are looking for something casual, decent food, and enough room to accomodate a large party on the fly, id try Deans on 85th between B'way and Amsterdam. Great Pizza, also solid salads, pasta, etc. Yes, it has a bar as well.
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    if you are looking for something casual, decent food, and enough room to accomodate a large party on the fly, id try Deans on 85th between B'way and Amsterdam. Great Pizza, also solid salads, pasta, etc. Yes, it has a bar as well.
    I used to live in the building that was knocked down where Deans was built !

Member # 0003

• Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Even when its not free drinks at the Beacon, the bar is a disaster. the hallways and lobby get very cramped.

i will have my crutch...and my GF barbara with me. scrappy italian. ;) anyhoo, 1-3 drinks and i'll be happy. i AM there to see pearl jam at the beacon! nothing more!

i did want to arrange a nice dinner with a group here, just not meant to be. no biggie. hope everyone preparties in their own way and enjoys....and seeya all at jake's for the after-party. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    I used to live in the building that was knocked down where Deans was built !
    I couldnt remember what used to be there-- they said it was a hotel? For a casual place, its a great space (huge).
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    I couldnt remember what used to be there-- they said it was a hotel? For a casual place, its a great space (huge).
    if its the pizza place i think it is, then yep, i used to live in that building. I remember driving on the UWS a few weeks ago and figured I'd go past my old apt on 85th street.....and no more it was...instead a pizza place

Member # 0003

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    i will have my crutch...and my GF barbara with me. scrappy italian. ;) anyhoo, 1-3 drinks and i'll be happy. i AM there to see pearl jam at the beacon! nothing more!

i did want to arrange a nice dinner with a group here, just not meant to be. no biggie. hope everyone preparties in their own way and enjoys....and seeya all at jake's for the after-party. :)

if you're still going to dinner beforehand, i'll go.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    colorsblendcolorsblend Posts: 173

M, I'm meeting Joe in midtown... not sure what time as he's driving back from Boston, but we're going to grab dinner before the show. We'll give you a call tomorrow, maybe we can grab a bite beforehand? Larry, we'll call you too.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    M, I'm meeting Joe in midtown... not sure what time as he's driving back from Boston, but we're going to grab dinner before the show. We'll give you a call tomorrow, maybe we can grab a bite beforehand? Larry, we'll call you too.

cool. :cool:
    barbara is also driving down from boston out to me, not sure what time. i'll see what she wants to do - dinner in the city or here by me. i will say, while my ankle LOOKS a helluva LOT better, it still hurts...and i feel pretty damn shitty. :( i think my body is punishing me for how much i punished it all last week, most especially after the fall, since MSG II. so, don't know just how sociable and in 'party mode' i will be. totally psyched for the show! but yea....definitely hurtin'....

sidenote - just picked up my framed DC poster today :D...and dropped off my other 4. yay!

definitely give me a call later and hopefully we can get something going last minute! either way, seeya ALL at the show....AND the afterparty! :D

i certainly hope pearl jam saved some great energy and gems for all of us b/c there WILL be many, many die-hard fans in attendance!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    vitodacat wrote:

That was a special invite for $2500 ticket people, right?

I know some people going who got their tickets for no cost...

I love Ruby Foo's too!
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2