Options

beacon pre-show dinner and after-party!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited June 2008 in The Porch
hey all!

we need to set in motion a beacon after-party! i KNOW i am taking the next day off work, extending my holiday weekend, and i am sure there will be others. also, LOTs of travelers around, so we should gather somewhere together for drinks and to share the post-show high! :D

i think it would be easiest and most convenient to find a place close to the beacon, but any/all suggestions are welcome!

****hereya go****
Jake's Dilemma
NY PJ1 wrote:
430 Amsterdam Avenue - between 80th & 81st
NY NY 10024

subway:
1 or 9 to 79th & Broadway
B or D to 81st & Central Park West

map:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=jake%27s+dilemma+430+amsterdam+avenue,+new+york&om=1&cid=40714167,-74006389,4701764112310042152&li=lmd&ll=40.785261,-73.977771&spn=0.00446,0.007199

btw - DOORS OPEN @ 8PM. definitely plenty of time for dinner pre-show!
anyone want to join in for dinner, restaurant TBA, let me know as well. i am definitely doing dinner beforehand, probably around 6 PM.

let's make it all happen! suggestions please!
i will update this post with any who plan to attend and wherever we plan to have this gathering, directions/info/etc.

are you IN? :p

AFTER PARTY

1. decides2dream
2. theseeker74 aka babs :)
3. pegasus
4. swallowed words...?
5. ovechkin8
6. Bathgate66 :D
7. vitodacat - 50/50 maybe
8. veddersoup
9. Solat13
10. blazedoutbee + 3
11. NYbenben + 1
12. Yefa
13. irieinindy
14. xaviermcdaniel
15. Champagne Breakfast + 1
16. edvedder913...probably
17. 4Heather
18. Super_Fan
19. melpeta
20. stateesha + 3

UPDATE!
a few boardies so far - about 6 - are planning on this and WELCOME ALL to join in!
suppafreak wrote:
Let's all meet at

BOURBON STREET
(405 Amsterdam NYNY)

It is located on Amsterdam between 79th and 80th. There are two for one drinks on just about EVERYTHING from 4-8 pm.

They don't serve food... but there is pizza like right next door and they have menus that we can order in with.

BOURBON STREET PRE-PARTY!!!!!

So far there are like six of us...but it would be cool to get a crew going. Who's in??????

This is the website:
http://www.bourbonstreetnyc.com

PRE-SHOW DINNER***cancelled*** sorry...no restaurant suggestions, no reservations, not enough interest, etc. hope all manage to meet up with some friends, share a meal, etc...and ENJOY the SHOW!!!
1. decides2dream
2. theseeker74?
3. mauichick
4. Yefa
5. xaviermcdaniel
6. edvedder913...probably
***we need a restaurant or it's a no-go - cmon people!
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    hey all!

we need to set in motion a beacon after-party! i KNOW i am taking the next day off work, extending my holiday weekend, and i am sure there will be others. also, LOTs of travelers around, so we should gather somewhere togewther for drinks and to share the post-show high! :D

i think it would be easiest and most convenient to find a place close to the beacon, but any/all suggestions are welcome!

*may also do a pre-show dinner, does anyone even know when the gig is meant to start? :p

let's make it all happen! suggestions please!
    i will update this post with any who plan to attend and wherever we plan to have this gathering, directions/info/etc.

Let's do it at my apartment. Yes, we will all have to take a ferry or a bus to get there, but it could be fun. :) Actually, fuck it...I have too many pricey posters and other expensive stuff there...
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    flight at 7.30am back to the old continent..not booking a hotel room...I NEED partying all night :D

(as long as I can leave my bags in someone room/car until 5am..well, I can party with a full backpack on but I don't think the other people in the bar/club/whatever would be too happy about that ;))
  • Options
    well bars are open until 4AM so no problems there. :p all we need are suggestions of places. i will have to ask xavier to weigh in, he is always sooo good at naming places to go. hmmm....jenfarr and mauichick usually are too, have to hit em all up! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    well bars are open until 4AM so no problems there. :p all we need are suggestions of places. i will have to ask xavier to weigh in, he is always sooo good at naming places to go. hmmm....jenfarr and mauichick usually are too, have to hit em all up! :cool:

quite a few awesome places within 5 blocks ,,ill get those names also
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    quite a few awesome places within 5 blocks ,,ill get those names also

:D
    AWESOME!

btw - don't forget to post if you're *IN* or not! :cool:
    i know i am, probably babs/theseeker74...pegasus. swallowedwords and J, you guys in?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    im in...my plan is to order 4 shots at the beacon as soon as i hear the opening notes to ledbetter or ritfw.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Looks very promising!
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Looks very promising!

obviously their are many places ,but ive partied here b4 past concerts and its pretty cool

food is good also
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    obviously their are many places ,but ive partied here b4 past concerts and its pretty cool

food is good also

Sounds good to me.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Sounds good to me.

d2d is the one who decides,, she sets these things up

lol
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I like the 50 bottled beers, 14 on tap.
    out of that lot there's bound to be something drinkable ;)

might have to try a few to find the right one though :p
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

looks good! :D

NY PJ1 wrote:
    d2d is the one who decides,, she sets these things up

lol

HA!
    i don't 'decide'...i merely set the ball in motion. i am really good at getting people to choose great places, and sure....get people to show up. :) fuck if i know why, but it works. :p

i just want somewhere close and good......as long as it's a big enough space for a large crowd of pj fans, it's all good! :cool:

do find out the name of the BBQ joint you mentioned, or if this place is good for dinner too.....might make it real easy for me!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:

is it geographically close to the beacon ?

do they have mucho pearl jam on their jukebox or do we need to make our own arrangements?

will they offer us the team discount as team Pearl Jam Fanatics or some other clever tagname ?
    :confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

do they have mucho pearl jam on their jukebox or do we need to make our own arrangements?

will they offer us the team discount as team Pearl Jam Fanatics or some other clever tagname ?

:eek:
    you're in?!
    YOU'RE IN?!

you mean i am finally going to hang with bathy? :D bout damn time my friend. :p altho i fully expect/want to meet you at the MSG preparties.

as to your Qs...no idea, and honestly, don't much care. after just seeing live pearl jam, i have no need for whatever on the jukebox. as to grou[p discounts, while nice....since it would be difficult to 'guarantee' a # of folks, difficult to snag. i just want to hang and drink and socialize with my fellow fans...especially on the last night of shows!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    I'm not sure I will be able to make it to the after-party since it is a "school night" and I have to work the next day (and I think I will still be recovering from the 6+ shows the week before), but Jake's is a good call.

Also, right around the corner from the Beacon is

Westside Brewing Company
    340 Amsterdam Ave.
    (@ 76th St.)

which I've been to a couple of times and is okay. It gets mixed reviews on Citysearch, but has like 100+ types of beer.

But I'm very excited for the show! And if anyone want to meet up pre-show, let me know.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

NOT EVEN A 10 MINUTE WALK
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    NOT EVEN A 10 MINUTE WALK

we finally get to have a NYR beer as well as many pearl jam beers- -

is xman joining us ?

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Jenfarr wrote:
    I'm not sure I will be able to make it to the after-party since it is a "school night" and I have to work the next day (and I think I will still be recovering from the 6+ shows the week before), but Jake's is a good call.

Also, right around the corner from the Beacon is

Westside Brewing Company
    340 Amsterdam Ave.
    (@ 76th St.)

which I've been to a couple of times and is okay. It gets mixed reviews on Citysearch, but has like 100+ types of beer.

But I'm very excited for the show! And if anyone want to meet up pre-show, let me know.

bummer! :(
    it would be a school night for me...but i decided to add one more vacation day b/c i already get thursday/friday off for independence day...good excuse for a 5 day weekend.......:cool:

well this jake's place also getting jen's endorsement make's it VERY promising! :D

btw - i am TOTALLY up for a pre-party meet...but for dinner! i will need FOOD! if we could meet around 6 would be perfect, and again, a restaurant close to the venue.

i have on good authority a 'maybe' for the xman. :D he'll get back to us all later on that. he's not going to the gig, but may join for after-party festivities.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    bummer! :(
    it would be a school night for me...but i decided to add one more vacation day b/c i already get thursday/friday off for independence day...good excuse for a 5 day weekend.......:cool:

well this jake's place also getting jen's endorsement make's it VERY promising! :D

btw - i am TOTALLY up for a pre-party meet...but for dinner! i will need FOOD! if we could meet around 6 would be perfect, and again, a restaurant close to the venue.

i have on good authority a 'maybe' for the xman. :D he'll get back to us all later on that. he's not going to the gig, but may join for after-party festivities.

fyi on the previous page someone posted a few other places to look at

gin mill
    brother jimmy's

all cool places

look em up and decide what u want
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 469
    I lived on the UWS a few years ago....I liked Gin Mill more than Jake's

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    fyi on the previous page someone posted a few other places to look at

gin mill
    brother jimmy's

all cool places

look em up and decide what u want

i rather let others weigh in with their opinions and see a concensus. it does seem thus far a few people who have agreed with your recommendation. i want everyone to be happy :)...as long as everyone gets together, it's close and easy.....that's all i care about.

i DO really care about a restaurant preshow though. after a long workday, knowing some drinks at the beacon...afterparty.....i definitely need food. :D

oops.....see now, vito goes and posts and proves my point wrong. :p anyhoo...still rather see a bunch of people weigh in, especially those who have been to these places. me, i'd be judging by a website.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i rather let others weigh in with their opinions and see a concensus. it does seem thus far a few people who have agreed with your recommendation. i want everyone to be happy :)...as long as everyone gets together, it's close and easy.....that's all i care about.

i DO really care about a restaurant preshow though. after a long workday, knowing some drinks at the beacon...afterparty.....i definitely need food. :D

oops.....see now, vito goes and posts and proves my point wrong. :p anyhoo...still rather see a bunch of people weigh in, especially those who have been to these places. me, i'd be judging by a website.

lol.....don't judge by me...i lived up there 7 years ago, so I am sure much has changed. I just remember going to the Gin Mill 3-4 times a week back in those days

Member # 0003

• Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    lol.....don't judge by me...i lived up there 7 years ago, so I am sure much has changed. I just remember going to the Gin Mill 3-4 times a week back in those days

don't worry, i'm not. ;)

i just meant a bunch of other people said jake's dilemma was a good call....and then you post. :p good comedic timing.

shall you be joining in?

people you need to POST and say you're IN! :D

anyhooo....thread just started today, show is a little less than a month away :eek:....so we have plenty of time to let others weigh in and make a decision from there. however, from past pj meet experiences, 99% of the time, the first place ultimately ends up being THE place. as long as we get A place chosen and a BUNCH of people in, i am always happy.

hell...we ALL will have *JUST* seen pearl jam.....at the beacon....we ALL shall be happy!!! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    jake's dilemma would be fine.....

i am 50/50 for it

Member # 0003

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Oh man, I've had a lot of good times at Jack's Dilemma :)..Many other bars in the area as well....You fuckers enjoy the show! See you at MSG..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Of course i am in for this! :D
    i have a bed for the night, bit not nessaceraly going to be going to bed early that night! that is over at the Gershwin, 7 East 27th Street!

I have the best part of 2.5 days afterwards in NYC as well.
    Does somebody want to show me some of the less touristy sides of NY??
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    vedder....i am sure to be roecovering the next day after all the live pj and drink. :p i will be off for the holiday weekend starting with wednesday, but quite honestly, i don't plan on leaving my garden for 5 days. :D so if that is a 'less touristy' attraction NY, you're welcome to come out to LI! :p

cmon people, join in...you know you want to! :cool:
    also, keep the ideas flowing......
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    can I come if I don't have beacon tix?
    dinner would be better option, since i'll be crying in my beer while y're all rocking out
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    I'm in. I love hanging out with the New York crew.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13