Pics Where Eddie Looks Hot - Part 2

Comments

• Ana2112Ana2112 Posts: 689
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I smoke. I don't think it's bad. I was just saying that we don't really have to imagine what he smells like - we can know that detail at least! :D
    :D Cool, and thanks for that, never thought about that before. :):D
    Evil Little Goat
    Hedwich wrote:
    tumblr_lrte4p70Uo1qhu4koo1_400.jpg
    Hypnotisiert.gifHypnotisiert.gifHypnotisiert.gif
    Awesome photo. :o And those smilies are killing me! :lol::lol::lol:

MsNelly wrote:
    Some men are insanely attractive because of the way they smell
    Oh yes! <3:)
    MsNelly wrote:
    Boom: All of the above

;) :P
    :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    At some point there appeared a big American (lifeguard someting) and then we knew this was going to happen for real!! He was giving us all these instructions (don't scream, no pictures, don't push, don't ask....) and we were like: yes sir, ok sir, of course sir... WHERE IS EDDIE!!!!!!!
    Really? They give you instructions? Great story, btw. :);)
    Evil Little Goat
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Ana2112 wrote:
    Hedwich wrote:
    Awesome photo. :o And those smilies are killing me! :lol::lol::lol:

MsNelly wrote:
    Some men are insanely attractive because of the way they smell
    Oh yes! <3:)
    MsNelly wrote:
    Boom: All of the above

;) :P
    :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    At some point there appeared a big American (lifeguard someting) and then we knew this was going to happen for real!! He was giving us all these instructions (don't scream, no pictures, don't push, don't ask....) and we were like: yes sir, ok sir, of course sir... WHERE IS EDDIE!!!!!!!
    I've seen lots of "meeting Ed" videos where the guy comes out and gives instructions while Ed waits for it. I think the main issue is 1) being accosted by camera flashes (very rude), and 2) people trying to hug him (massive invasion of personal space). I would imagine that women screaming and jumping up and down is just off-putting and annoying to him, somewhat dehumanizing, and not a nice sound either, all at a time when his main focus is likely on winding down after the show, so they threw in that direction for good measure so that he doesn't just get irritated every time he meets the waiting fans.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Elsiein2it wrote:
    Really? They give you instructions? Great story, btw. :);)[/quote]
    I've seen lots of "meeting Ed" videos where the guy comes out and gives instructions while Ed waits for it. I think the main issue is 1) being accosted by camera flashes (very rude), and 2) people trying to hug him (massive invasion of personal space). I would imagine that women screaming and jumping up and down is just off-putting and annoying to him, somewhat dehumanizing, and not a nice sound either, all at a time when his main focus is likely on winding down after the show, so they threw in that direction for good measure so that he doesn't just get irritated every time he meets the waiting fans.[/quote]

I think indeed this is the only way to do it! It works very good, you get your quality time with Eddie and Eddie doesn't have to deal with screaming, pushing annoying people... BTW the guy was much more strict then Eddie himself ;) And there were more guys then girls out there!
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    I've seen lots of "meeting Ed" videos where the guy comes out and gives instructions while Ed waits for it. I think the main issue is 1) being accosted by camera flashes (very rude), and 2) people trying to hug him (massive invasion of personal space). I would imagine that women screaming and jumping up and down is just off-putting and annoying to him, somewhat dehumanizing, and not a nice sound either, all at a time when his main focus is likely on winding down after the show, so they threw in that direction for good measure so that he doesn't just get irritated every time he meets the waiting fans.[/quote]

I think indeed this is the only way to do it! It works very good, you get your quality time with Eddie and Eddie doesn't have to deal with screaming, pushing annoying people... BTW the guy was much more strict then Eddie himself ;) And there were more guys then girls out there![/quote]

:lol: It's always the drunk guys who try to hug him, just like in that awkward scene from Water on the Road. I've seen other videos where it's some guy just flipping out, not being able to control himself when he sees Ed getting of the bus or whatever - just "ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!!! It's him! It's him!" And then when he actually gets there, the guys are totally tongue tied. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've seen lots of "meeting Ed" videos where the guy comes out and gives instructions while Ed waits for it. I think the main issue is 1) being accosted by camera flashes (very rude), and 2) people trying to hug him (massive invasion of personal space). I would imagine that women screaming and jumping up and down is just off-putting and annoying to him, somewhat dehumanizing, and not a nice sound either, all at a time when his main focus is likely on winding down after the show, so they threw in that direction for good measure so that he doesn't just get irritated every time he meets the waiting fans.
    Guess you are right.
    It also seems a bit dehumanising being told not to do this or not to do that… I guess it IS necessary because people can completely lose it... The whole situation is…weird, to say the least.
    I’d still love to meet them. :D The way MsNelly described, in a party, would be perfect. :D:mrgreen:
    Evil Little Goat
    Ana2112 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Guess you are right.
    It also seems a bit dehumanising being told not to do this or not to do that… I guess it IS necessary because people can completely lose it... The whole situation is…weird, to say the least.
    I’d still love to meet them. :D The way MsNelly described, in a party, would be perfect. :D:mrgreen:
    I would find the whole thing too awkward personally - I will never be one of the people to wait for him outside the venue... My meeting fantasy involves a random run-in somewhere. :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    And there were more guys then girls out there!

:lol: It's always the drunk guys who try to hug him, just like in that awkward scene from Water on the Road. I've seen other videos where it's some guy just flipping out, not being able to control himself when he sees Ed getting of the bus or whatever - just "ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!!! It's him! It's him!" And then when he actually gets there, the guys are totally tongue tied. :lol:
    :lol::lol: I totally understand this. To have so much on your mind to say, be all excited and in the end utter something like "ummmmm pineapple". :roll: :lol::lol:
    Evil Little Goat
  • Elsiein2it wrote:
    Ok, girls, here's my story of meeting Eddie :-)
    After his solo concert in Carre Amsterdam, I went straight to the exit behind the building.
    In the beginning I was a little bit embarrassed, like am i the only one doing this???! But I saw a few people waiting already :). So we started out waiting with around 40 people, very nice to be there with all these hardcore fans like myself! But not all of them were patient enough to wait over an hour, some didn't believe he would come out anymore... So we ended up with around 20 people, which was very good because the chance of actually meeting him was rising. I knew he was going tot get out of the building eventually, i was prepared to wait all night. I met a nice dutch girl and we were getting nervous together, feeling 14 years old :D. At some point there appeared a big American (lifeguard someting) and then we knew this was going to happen for real!! He was giving us all these instructions (don't scream, no pictures, don't push, don't ask....) and we were like: yes sir, ok sir, of course sir... WHERE IS EDDIE!!!!!!! We had to line up, and then... THERE HE WAS on top of the stairs, bottle of corona in one of his hands ;) and wearing a hat. He waved and came down the stairs, said hello to all of us and then started to shake hands and say something to each individual there. So amazing that he always takes the time for his fans! I was so fucking nervous, when he was getting closer... all I could think of was: I have to shake his hand. So then it was my turn, he said: Hi how are you, nice meeting you AND THEN THE HAND WHOOOOHOOOO. I could only stumble: Hi, thank you.... I guess he smelled like a mixture of alcohol, sigarette smoke and MANLY sweat :D:D:lol: Only thing I was a bit surprised about was his length, I mean I knew he was not that tall, but he was only about 2 cm bigger than me. But because of his charisma, he looks tall anyway!! After he left we (the fans) were hugging eachother and screaming :oops: :oops: Some were even crying... Anyway best day of my life! Now I have a life before Eddie's handshake and after :D

I loved reading that! I imagine myself in the same situation, I think I wouldn't be able to say anything, too a huge excitement!! Thanks for sharing!! :-D

I had no time to look for pix today, I read your posts, ladies, I really think YOU are all amazing! My dear Hedwich, that was not me with the beautiful neologism VEDDICINE, it's genius, I "created" somewhere else EDGASM ... :oops: :lol:
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Guess you are right.
    I’d still love to meet them. :D The way MsNelly described, in a party, would be perfect. :D:mrgreen:[/quote]

A private afterparty ;);). I was thinking of how it would be if you just meet him in a pub.
    Apparently, he did visit a pub in adam, with glen hansard. I'm sure lots of people don't even know/recognize him....
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Ana2112 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Guess you are right.
    I would find the whole thing too awkward personally - I will never be one of the people to wait for him outside the venue... My meeting fantasy involves a random run-in somewhere. :lol:

This. I would feel a bit strange waiting outside the venue to meet Ed also. Now if I just ran into him somewhere, that would be totally different-would love to meet him in a situation like that!
    "A beacon on dry land"
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    A private afterparty ;);). I was thinking of how it would be if you just meet him in a pub.
    Apparently, he did visit a pub in adam, with glen hansard. I'm sure lots of people don't even know/recognize him....
    Naaaah, a private afterparty would be too intense too. :mrgreen: Pub sounds great. A place you hang out with your friends, get a little tipsy and in a really great mood, and all of a sudden there are Ed and Glen having a drink and a good time and you get to chat, drink, sing and dance with them the whole night. :D
    Evil Little Goat
  • Ana2112 wrote:
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    Naaaah, a private afterparty would be too intense too. :mrgreen: Pub sounds great. A place you hang out with your friends, get a little tipsy and in a really great mood, and all of a sudden there are Ed and Glen having a drink and a good time and you get to chat, drink, sing and dance with them the whole night. :D

exactly!! That's the way to do it!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    Guess you are right.

Apparently, he did visit a pub in adam, with glen hansard. I'm sure lots of people don't even know/recognize him....[/quote]
    He had brunch with some of the other guys at a hotel where fans were staying in Missoula, right up the street from mine. A couple guys I ran into at the airport were staying there said they missed him at the hotel restaurant by 10 minutes, and they were heartbroken. :( :lol:
  • Sheila23Sheila23 Posts: 265
    -Emma- wrote:
    Ahhh it was funny, I am in Vancouver at the moment and today I was asked which city was my favourite out of the ones I had visited on my trip. When I said that I really enjoyed Seattle, the girl screwed her nose up a little bit and looked at me like I was mad :? ...She's missing out! :lol:

Welcome to Vancouver Emma! The majority of the people here are very friendly, too bad the weather has just taken a turn in the last couple of days. How long are you here for?

Funny that she did that, lots of people drive down to Seattle all the time to shop & often people say the 2 cities are quite similiar.

Well hope you enjoy your time while you are here :)
  • HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    After his solo concert in Carre Amsterdam, I went straight to the exit behind the building.
    In the beginning I was a little bit embarrassed, like am i the only one doing this???! But I saw a few people waiting already :). So we started out waiting with around 40 people, very nice to be there with all these hardcore fans like myself! But not all of them were patient enough to wait over an hour, some didn't believe he would come out anymore... So we ended up with around 20 people, which was very good because the chance of actually meeting him was rising. I knew he was going tot get out of the building eventually, i was prepared to wait all night. I met a nice dutch girl and we were getting nervous together, feeling 14 years old :D. At some point there appeared a big American (lifeguard someting) and then we knew this was going to happen for real!! He was giving us all these instructions (don't scream, no pictures, don't push, don't ask....) and we were like: yes sir, ok sir, of course sir... WHERE IS EDDIE!!!!!!! We had to line up, and then... THERE HE WAS on top of the stairs, bottle of corona in one of his hands ;) and wearing a hat. He waved and came down the stairs, said hello to all of us and then started to shake hands and say something to each individual there. So amazing that he always takes the time for his fans! I was so fucking nervous, when he was getting closer... all I could think of was: I have to shake his hand. So then it was my turn, he said: Hi how are you, nice meeting you AND THEN THE HAND WHOOOOHOOOO. I could only stumble: Hi, thank you.... I guess he smelled like a mixture of alcohol, sigarette smoke and MANLY sweat :D:D:lol: Only thing I was a bit surprised about was his length, I mean I knew he was not that tall, but he was only about 2 cm bigger than me. But because of his charisma, he looks tall anyway!! After he left we (the fans) were hugging eachother and screaming :oops: :oops: Some were even crying... Anyway best day of my life! Now I have a life before Eddie's handshake and after :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! It was for me so cute to read this!! And a have a little bit tears in my eyes... :? I'm so happy for you! What an beautiful experience!
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    I need to share something with you.
    Last summer I was so lucky to meet Eddie after his solo concert in Amsterdam.
    I shook his hand and said hi and looked straight in his eyes!
    He was standing right before me..... :D:D:D
    I'm still totaly excited about it and i know you girls will understand!
    My friends are not that into pj, so they get a bit bored of all my stories.
    So I'm glad i found this place!!

I too had the pleasure of meeting Eddie & shaking his hand last year in Seattle after his solo concert. Very much a similiar experience to yours, but I'm embarassed to say I was the one who was repeatedly saying OMG! OMG! OMG! :oops: Sorry but I was so excited & couldn't help myself!

My husband always said that if I ever met him I would probably throw up or wouldn't be able to speak, but suprisingly I managed to get out a few words, I think I told him he was awesome & I love you & yes he looks right into your eyes & gives you his undivided attention!

I'm sure he probably thought I was crazy!

We drove a girl back to her to car afterwards, not quite sure how I actually drove or where I was going, I'm sure she probably wished she had walked back to her car by herself instead of getting in the car with this crazy lady!

It was such an amazing experience & I still get flustered thinking about it!
    Elsiein2it wrote:

Thanks for sharing your story! So happy for you! :D
    Ana2112 wrote:
    I suspect the guy who posted that video comes from Sardinia... OMG it's my country!! :-D I've never met a Sardinian with a passion like mine... ;)
    :D

I must say this place is where I come to
    lift my down spirits. It's like getting to go
    rock climbing and when you get to the top,
    you just sit and drink in the view... It makes
    you love your world again. This place is like
    horseback riding to me.. I'm on this crazy awesome
    high afterwards that sustains me for DAYS!!
    But not just the hot and incredibly beautiful
    man we celebrate here, you ladies make my
    day.. I laugh with you, Ifeel sad when one of
    us is down or blue, I rejoice with you when
    good things happen for one of us.... I can't wait
    to go to a show one day and get to meet and
    hang out with you all! You ladies are so great
    to be around, and share posting space with!
    So THANK YOU ALL!!
    It is quite nice, I must agree. I really like this thread. It is completely silly but cute at the same time. And one of the few positive threads here.
    I really love the PJ fan base, I think they are wonderful people, a truly great bunch. But it really makes me sad sometimes how some people communicate around here, being mean, selfish and biting eachothers throats. That never happens in this thread and it is really enjoyable to talk to you gals.
    Not to mention you have a great taste in music (and men :lol: ). :D

I would have to agree! Very thankful for all of you!
    I don't post alot on here, but do love coming here on a regular basis, this truly is my happy place!
    Thank you for sharing your stories & all the great pics!! :D
    You all are wonderful & hopefully one day we will meet! :)
    Counting the days until Vegas!
  • GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Maybe we should do a vegas meet-up just for the women that love this thread :)
    After reading the above stories, think the place to do it is after the show by the exit.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with Eddie or PJ, but here it is anyway, for all of you, great women! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk980jV ... ce=message
    Evil Little Goat
  • Elsiein2it wrote:

"Anyway best day of my life! Now I have a life before Eddie's handshake and after :D"

This was very similar to the time I met him after the Santa Barbara solo show.
    I think they've learned that there are always about 20 die-hard fans that will not leave until Ed comes out.
    It was an amazing experiences because, like you said, he takes time with each person, shaking hands, looking you in the eye and speaking kind words. His hands are so soft... and he's just as gorgious up close! :oops:
    Eddie is a class act. :D
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    Sheila23 wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    Ahhh it was funny, I am in Vancouver at the moment and today I was asked which city was my favourite out of the ones I had visited on my trip. When I said that I really enjoyed Seattle, the girl screwed her nose up a little bit and looked at me like I was mad :? ...She's missing out! :lol:

Welcome to Vancouver Emma! The majority of the people here are very friendly, too bad the weather has just taken a turn in the last couple of days. How long are you here for?

Funny that she did that, lots of people drive down to Seattle all the time to shop & often people say the 2 cities are quite similiar.

Well hope you enjoy your time while you are here :)

Thanks Sheila23 :) , i'm here for 7 nights all up, hopefully I can have one day without rain because I really want to go whale watching at some point :). Yeah people here are very friendly and polite :) .
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Hedwich wrote:
    "Vedicine" for today, my Girls:
    Here they comes...

tumblr_m4nev2UB0v1qfbaupo1_500.png

tumblr_m1s6i2jJZ51qkmqp8o1_500.jpg

I think MissJam would LOVE it, hihi. It have all what she like. All... :mrgreen:

644096_463493987044922_889520170_n.jpg

tumblr_li28yuNbM71qhu4koo1_500.jpg

...and, if you want, look at the Hey Girl Thread, i made a new one and i like it :D:D;)[/quote

this is amazing!!! that one where he is pointing his finger at someone!!! so slap!!!! :lol:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Elsiein2it wrote:

so happy for you! cant wait till my turn! the way he smells sounds heavenly! what a man!
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • I guess I'm a freak :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wY9urx9no

My meeting was a bit similar to this one in Albany:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSSe88Ry_i8

Love this one, voices go very well together!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCk72y8Ncf4
    Elsiein2it wrote:

hahahaha, i KNOW, i'm a freak! :lol::lol::lol: Thanks for this, Elsiein!!! :thumbup:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    tumblr_mbtmck3fJ61rihf7do1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbrdlmx4rt1r4jdd6o2_250.gif
    so many facial expressions in so short time! :lol::lol::lol:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Love it love it love it love it
    one of them is on my phone as a background. :):):)
    47194_466447033416284_1442407246_n.jpg

nice face! :lol::lol::lol:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!