• HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    Ana2112 wrote:
    I must say this place is where I come to
    lift my down spirits. It's like getting to go
    rock climbing and when you get to the top,
    you just sit and drink in the view... It makes
    you love your world again. This place is like
    horseback riding to me.. I'm on this crazy awesome
    high afterwards that sustains me for DAYS!!
    But not just the hot and incredibly beautiful
    man we celebrate here, you ladies make my
    day.. I laugh with you, Ifeel sad when one of
    us is down or blue, I rejoice with you when
    good things happen for one of us.... I can't wait
    to go to a show one day and get to meet and
    hang out with you all! You ladies are so great
    to be around, and share posting space with!
    So THANK YOU ALL!!
    It is quite nice, I must agree. I really like this thread. It is completely silly but cute at the same time. And one of the few positive threads here.
    I really love the PJ fan base, I think they are wonderful people, a truly great bunch. But it really makes me sad sometimes how some people communicate around here, being mean, selfish and biting eachothers throats. That never happens in this thread and it is really enjoyable to talk to you gals.
    Not to mention you have a great taste in music (and men :lol: ). :D

...the same... :D:D:D so happy that we all found us here!! :wave: :wave: :wave:
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    I need to share something with you.
    Last summer I was so lucky to meet Eddie after his solo concert in Amsterdam.
    I shook his hand and said hi and looked straight in his eyes!
    He was standing right before me..... :D:D:D
    I'm still totaly excited about it and i know you girls will understand!
    My friends are not that into pj, so they get a bit bored of all my stories.
    So I'm glad i found this place!!
    Whoo Hooo! You lucky lady!!! I always hear how
    Mr. Vedder has a very direct and intense stare
    So tell us about it please... :mrgreen:
    And fear not we are all PJ addicts too!!! So not
    only are you welcome, you are family!! And we are
    Super happy you found this place too!

...my thoughts!!! :D:D
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    -Emma- wrote:
    Ahhh it was funny, I am in Vancouver at the moment and today I was asked which city was my favourite out of the ones I had visited on my trip. When I said that I really enjoyed Seattle, the girl screwed her nose up a little bit and looked at me like I was mad :? ...She's missing out! :lol:

Hahahaha!!! i don't know Seattle, i will never see it in my life...but i love this city too...because holy feets touch the street...you know? :oops: Ever, when i see this city in the television, i sigh...and think of Eddie...and wonder, whether he walked there on this street or place... i'm crazy, i know... :? :?
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    -Emma- wrote:
    :o

tumblr_mbros6UJcN1rtpfkmo1_500.jpg

WWWOOOOOOAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    MissJam81 wrote:
    tumblr_lpw9l8HVI51qi07zqo1_400.png

awwwwwwww :)

193795590185862197_1EMaK0Il_b.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

jtlate.jpg

love this one!!!!!

51721095691248021_TGTISPFM_b.jpg

this pics killed my soul!! So yummy!!!
    But the third...no! :lol:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    Loveeeeeee this, like a kid in the candyshop, hahaha.
    And not only his looks but the whole package! Every single thing.
    And i hold his hand...... Heaven.....
    Next time i'll hug him, you always need to have a new/better goal in live, right?!
    I'm having a bit of an aftertourdepression....
    Can't wait for next year, I will travel around the world if nescesarry!

:lol::lol::lol: you are not alone on this trip!!!
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Hedwich wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    Ahhh it was funny, I am in Vancouver at the moment and today I was asked which city was my favourite out of the ones I had visited on my trip. When I said that I really enjoyed Seattle, the girl screwed her nose up a little bit and looked at me like I was mad :? ...She's missing out! :lol:

Hahahaha!!! i don't know Seattle, i will never see it in my life...but i love this city too...because holy feets touch the street...you know? :oops: Ever, when i see this city in the television, i sigh...and think of Eddie...and wonder, whether he walked there on this street or place... i'm crazy, i know... :? :?
    Never say never. You can get yourself to Seattle one way or another at some point if you want to see it. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hedwich wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

Never say never. You can get yourself to Seattle one way or another at some point if you want to see it. :)

I hope so much they will tour Seattle next year, that will be the ultimate combination!! :D
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.
  • Now watching PJ20 for the 1000th time :-)
  • rpech'e wrote:
    430057_463494127044908_1277880289_n.jpg

:corn: :corn: :corn:
    HOLY shit!!! Whew that second pic... I'll just
    stop now.. Oooh my GOD!!! This man is tooooo
    fuckin hot!!![/quote]
    [color=#FF0000]
    Just beautiful
    :corn:[/quote]

This is one of my favorite pics of our guy-I even keep it framed on the book shelf! :D

Thanks, girls, for all the lovely pics!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    So, just finished watching a really sad movie that totally made me cry, and I'm like, what should I do? I'm sad? And I have a third of a bottle of red still to drink! And my assignment's done! And my husband's in bed!
    Of course . . . The best. The only. The place to lift your spirits like nowhere else. The girl's thread. There is so much gold on here. Hedwich's recent photos are seriously unfair. Like unfair, you can't do that to us honey? Where do you find these gems! And then the term VEDICINE?? OMFG. SO GOOD. SO PERFECT. I'm going to use it pretty much every day . . . to my friends, to my colleagues, to anyone that will listen. Genius. (Except maybe won't use it with my husband, who is a recent pj fan (tentative) and who doesn't really need any more reasons so feel threatened by Vedder ;) )

You girls are the best. And so lovely to see that other people get loads of happiness from this thread too.

Most positive place on the forum. <3<3<3

VEDICINE. I'm trying to think of a cool way to use it now but I'm too braindead!
    edited October 2012
    And to the chica who met him and shook his hand . . . OMG I want more details! Everything. Could u smell him? Has anyone ever smelt him?
    Post edited by Miiike on
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    Now watching PJ20 for the 1000th time :-)

:lol::lol::lol: nice crazy girl!! :lol::lol:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Ana2112Ana2112 Posts: 689
    MsNelly wrote:
    And to the chica who met him and shook his hand . . . OMG I want more details! Everything. Could u smell him? Has anyone ever smelt him?
    :thumbup: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Evil Little Goat
    MsNelly wrote:
    So, just finished watching a really sad movie that totally made me cry, and I'm like, what should I do? I'm sad? And I have a third of a bottle of red still to drink! And my assignment's done! And my husband's in bed!
    Of course . . . The best. The only. The place to lift your spirits like nowhere else. The girl's thread. There is so much gold on here. Hedwich's recent photos are seriously unfair. Like unfair, you can't do that to us honey? Where do you find these gems! And then the term VEDICINE?? OMFG. SO GOOD. SO PERFECT. I'm going to use it pretty much every day . . . to my friends, to my colleagues, to anyone that will listen. Genius. (Except maybe won't use it with my husband, who is a recent pj fan (tentative) and who doesn't really need any more reasons so feel threatened by Vedder ;) )

You girls are the best. And so lovely to see that other people get loads of happiness from this thread too.

Most positive place on the forum. <3<3<3

VEDICINE. I'm trying to think of a cool way to use it now but I'm too braindead!

Oh, be not sad!!

Yesterday, i was really sad too, but the lovely Girls here makes me feel so much better. Yeah, i understand what you mean! Here is the place to lost the sadness and to be happier again. So nice!

And the word "Vedicine" (really funny) came not from me! Given2Fly2012 had this created. But is so a cool idea to use this word every day. My friends at home and my family should be so lucky... :? (sarcasm!!!)

I'm so glad that you like the pics. I do it too... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    drooling on the screen is my everyday :lol::lol::lol:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    MsNelly wrote:

What do you think, how smells a god? One part like a beautiful flower and the other part like manly sweat perhaps, and a little bit like leather....uiiiiii stop me! The cinema in my head goes on... :oops: :shock: :shock:
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    "Vedicine" for today, my Girls:
    Here they comes...

tumblr_m4nev2UB0v1qfbaupo1_500.png

tumblr_m1s6i2jJZ51qkmqp8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrte4p70Uo1qhu4koo1_400.jpg
    Hypnotisiert.gifHypnotisiert.gifHypnotisiert.gif
    I think MissJam would LOVE it, hihi. It have all what she like. All... :mrgreen:

644096_463493987044922_889520170_n.jpg

tumblr_li28yuNbM71qhu4koo1_500.jpg

...and, if you want, look at the Hey Girl Thread, i made a new one and i like it :D:D;)
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
    Ah chicas!!! So Vedicine is Giventofly's original??! OMG I think it's brilliant.

And yes, smelling EV. That's one thing I would love to do one day. I like smelling people. I love perfume and aftershave and nice people smells. I love the way my husband smells, and my friends, and my mum. Would love to know what EV smells like . . . I can almost imagine it . . .

Some men are insanely attractive because of the way they smell, but EV is insanely attractive without us ever even getting close. I bet he has that clean, warm, manly smell that is so nice. With a touch of flowers, coz he kinda looks like a flower ;)
    Just thinking about what they'd all smell like . . .

Eddie: Sweat and flowers
    Mike: Innocence and aftershave
    Jeff: Sex
    Stone: Intelligence
    Matt: Wholesomeness
    Boom: All of the above

;) :P
    MsNelly wrote:
    My guess is that he smells like cigarettes pretty much 100% of the time, except when he comes out of the ocean, when he smells like the beach. There really is no other option. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

Not to slag my fellow local residents, but most Vancouverites suffer from a strange inferiority complex of unknown origin. It makes them want everyone to say that they love Vancouver more than any other place on Earth, and especially any place in America. :roll: Me, having always been a bit of a black sheep, would, upon winning the lottery, immediately give my notice at work, pack a bag, and get my ass down to Seattle to start house hunting... and record shopping (And health insurance shopping. :?). I LOVE Seattle!!!!! Vancouver is prettier (not today, unfortunately for you the weather just turned), but Seattle kicks its ass as far as cool stuff to see and do goes. :D

Thanks PJ_Soul :) . Vancouver is gorgeous! I didn't pick such a great time of year with the weather, but it is really beautiful here. I love the trees, wish I could take one home :lol: .
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
    True! His hair would smell smoky . . . but then so does mine (on the weekends ;) ) . . .

But hopefully he's not a chain smoker? And underneath the smoky hair would be the skin. Aaaah. The smell of the skin.

But I know honey, we all get worried about his health.

We want him to live forever because we need him. But smoking won't kill him.

He sings so much that his lungs get a major, MAJOR work out.

Something will kill him one day, whether it's smoking or a heart attack or a stroke. But I have a feeling that he'll be alive longer than we think.

One day, he'll be touring at 79 and we'll be at gigs, and he'll be old and grey and puffy. And we will still love him with as much adoration and admiration as we do now. Except there will be fewer of us, and we'll have more of a chance at eye-contact ;) And we'll remember him him when he was in his prime (i.e. right now) and we'll remember ourselves when we were in our prime, and we'll all think how lucky we are to have had such lovely lives.

:)
  • Ok, girls, here's my story of meeting Eddie :-)
    After his solo concert in Carre Amsterdam, I went straight to the exit behind the building.
    In the beginning I was a little bit embarrassed, like am i the only one doing this???! But I saw a few people waiting already :). So we started out waiting with around 40 people, very nice to be there with all these hardcore fans like myself! But not all of them were patient enough to wait over an hour, some didn't believe he would come out anymore... So we ended up with around 20 people, which was very good because the chance of actually meeting him was rising. I knew he was going tot get out of the building eventually, i was prepared to wait all night. I met a nice dutch girl and we were getting nervous together, feeling 14 years old :D. At some point there appeared a big American (lifeguard someting) and then we knew this was going to happen for real!! He was giving us all these instructions (don't scream, no pictures, don't push, don't ask....) and we were like: yes sir, ok sir, of course sir... WHERE IS EDDIE!!!!!!! We had to line up, and then... THERE HE WAS on top of the stairs, bottle of corona in one of his hands ;) and wearing a hat. He waved and came down the stairs, said hello to all of us and then started to shake hands and say something to each individual there. So amazing that he always takes the time for his fans! I was so fucking nervous, when he was getting closer... all I could think of was: I have to shake his hand. So then it was my turn, he said: Hi how are you, nice meeting you AND THEN THE HAND WHOOOOHOOOO. I could only stumble: Hi, thank you.... I guess he smelled like a mixture of alcohol, sigarette smoke and MANLY sweat :D:D:lol: Only thing I was a bit surprised about was his length, I mean I knew he was not that tall, but he was only about 2 cm bigger than me. But because of his charisma, he looks tall anyway!! After he left we (the fans) were hugging eachother and screaming :oops: :oops: Some were even crying... Anyway best day of my life! Now I have a life before Eddie's handshake and after :D
    OMG thank you! Am so happy for you!

Want to say more but it's almost 4am here and my husband will think I'm an alcoholic freak if I stay up any later! Bed . . . boring . . .

Thank you for sharing honey :D
  • MsNelly wrote:
    OMG thank you! Am so happy for you!

Want to say more but it's almost 4am here and my husband will think I'm an alcoholic freak if I stay up any later! Bed . . . boring . . .

Thank you for sharing honey :D

You're welcome! Glad I can share it with these amazing fellow fan girzzzz!! Sweet dreams!
    MsNelly wrote:
    True! His hair would smell smoky . . . but then so does mine (on the weekends ;) ) . . .

But hopefully he's not a chain smoker? And underneath the smoky hair would be the skin. Aaaah. The smell of the skin.

But I know honey, we all get worried about his health.

We want him to live forever because we need him. But smoking won't kill him.

He sings so much that his lungs get a major, MAJOR work out.

Something will kill him one day, whether it's smoking or a heart attack or a stroke. But I have a feeling that he'll be alive longer than we think.

One day, he'll be touring at 79 and we'll be at gigs, and he'll be old and grey and puffy. And we will still love him with as much adoration and admiration as we do now. Except there will be fewer of us, and we'll have more of a chance at eye-contact ;) And we'll remember him him when he was in his prime (i.e. right now) and we'll remember ourselves when we were in our prime, and we'll all think how lucky we are to have had such lovely lives.

:)
    He smokes quite a bit I think. If he can, he smokes DURING shows even. And he said once during a cleanse where he wasn't smoking on the phone with an interviewer that it was the first time he's spoken on the phone with a cigarette in his hand, and if felt like he was trying to talk on the phone without using adjectives. :shock: I'm sure he is constantly trying to cut down like every other smoker in the world, but.... I don't mind the smell, since I smoke (even if I didn't... it's Eddie Vedder; who cares??) ... I just want his voice and lungs to last a long long time! ... So far so good though. Lots of smokers just stay fine. Hopefully he's one of them.
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    Ok, girls, here's my story of meeting Eddie :-)
    After his solo concert in Carre Amsterdam, I went straight to the exit behind the building.
    In the beginning I was a little bit embarrassed, like am i the only one doing this???! But I saw a few people waiting already :). So we started out waiting with around 40 people, very nice to be there with all these hardcore fans like myself! But not all of them were patient enough to wait over an hour, some didn't believe he would come out anymore... So we ended up with around 20 people, which was very good because the chance of actually meeting him was rising. I knew he was going tot get out of the building eventually, i was prepared to wait all night. I met a nice dutch girl and we were getting nervous together, feeling 14 years old :D. At some point there appeared a big American (lifeguard someting) and then we knew this was going to happen for real!! He was giving us all these instructions (don't scream, no pictures, don't push, don't ask....) and we were like: yes sir, ok sir, of course sir... WHERE IS EDDIE!!!!!!! We had to line up, and then... THERE HE WAS on top of the stairs, bottle of corona in one of his hands ;) and wearing a hat. He waved and came down the stairs, said hello to all of us and then started to shake hands and say something to each individual there. So amazing that he always takes the time for his fans! I was so fucking nervous, when he was getting closer... all I could think of was: I have to shake his hand. So then it was my turn, he said: Hi how are you, nice meeting you AND THEN THE HAND WHOOOOHOOOO. I could only stumble: Hi, thank you.... I guess he smelled like a mixture of alcohol, sigarette smoke and MANLY sweat :D:D:lol: Only thing I was a bit surprised about was his length, I mean I knew he was not that tall, but he was only about 2 cm bigger than me. But because of his charisma, he looks tall anyway!! After he left we (the fans) were hugging eachother and screaming :oops: :oops: Some were even crying... Anyway best day of my life! Now I have a life before Eddie's handshake and after :D

LOVED READING THIS :clap::D
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    Hedwich wrote:
    MissJam81 wrote:
    tumblr_lpw9l8HVI51qi07zqo1_400.png

awwwwwwww :)

193795590185862197_1EMaK0Il_b.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

My favorite concert of all :D....... Up close, young (ger) hot and dripping in sweat...... :fp:
    Think i'll watch it again tonight ;) droolllllllll!!
  • Ana2112Ana2112 Posts: 689
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MsNelly wrote:
    My guess is that he smells like cigarettes pretty much 100% of the time, except when he comes out of the ocean, when he smells like the beach. There really is no other option. ;)
    There are different ways smokers smell. (what a sentence :lol: ) What I mean is, if one is clean and smells nice, like washing powder and soap, then tobacco will smell sweet on them. On the other hand, smelly people smell even worse combined with smoke. I am not a smoker, but I really like the smell of tobacco. It probably has something to do with the fact that the love of my life is a smoker (and I don’t mean Ed :lol::lol::lol: ) so I’m conditioned that way. :D What I’m trying to say is that “smells like cigarettes” is not necessarily bad. And I think I like your idea of Ed smelling like tobacco 100% of the time (I bet he is the nice-smelling smoker I mentioned. :D ).
    Evil Little Goat
    Ana2112 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MsNelly wrote:
    There are different ways smokers smell. (what a sentence :lol: ) What I mean is, if one is clean and smells nice, like washing powder and soap, then tobacco will smell sweet on them. On the other hand, smelly people smell even worse combined with smoke. I am not a smoker, but I really like the smell of tobacco. It probably has something to do with the fact that the love of my life is a smoker (and I don’t mean Ed :lol::lol::lol: ) so I’m conditioned that way. :D What I’m trying to say is that “smells like cigarettes” is not necessarily bad. And I think I like your idea of Ed smelling like tobacco 100% of the time (I bet he is the nice-smelling smoker I mentioned. :D ).
    Yeah, I smoke. I don't think it's bad. I was just saying that we don't really have to imagine what he smells like - we can know that detail at least! :D