The Eddie Vedder Solo Tour in Australia thread

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump :eek:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    The upside to that was that Liam said that Ed is having such a good time on this tour that (time permitting) he'd like to take the tour to other places

hey ed!! oz is other places. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eddies mateeddies mate Posts: 342
    keep this thread alive people!!!
    ed at the civic = heaven on earth
    and love ..... wish the world would go again with love , one cant seem to have enough.........
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    wow, the demand for this is overwhelming, 20 people have posted here.

don't waste your time Ed.

:D
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • jessejesse Posts: 170

although it would be great id much prefer him in the studio finishing off the new pearl jam album
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Eddie you can come to Oz, surf a little, go to a footy game, play some backyard cricket, play a couple of shows, it's not that hard.
  • they'll be back WorldWide after the CD release, whenever that is

what makes you think they'd play Australia when they won't even play Texas

c'mon, TEXAS
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Touring van convoy! We'd stick all those stickers in the Newcastle poster onto all the vans!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707

That's probably because there are only about 20 - 30 Australians on the Message Pit. :rolleyes:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    they'll be back WorldWide after the CD release, whenever that is

what makes you think they'd play Australia when they won't even play Texas

c'mon, TEXAS

we dont want the whole of pj, just edved solo for now. :D

i dont know why 'they' dont play texas and right now we don't give it any thought. we want eddie here... just him, his guitar and his ukelele. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    I'll be there. Ed Live @ The Forum in Melbourne sounds ace.

http://www.marrinertheatres.com.au/hireforum.htm
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    boo boo boot bootscooten to ed
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    we dont want the whole of pj, just edved solo for now. :D

i dont know why 'they' dont play texas and right now we don't give it any thought. we want eddie here... just him, his guitar and his ukelele. :D

Hear! Hear! Or should that be "Here! Here!?" :D
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

GotMyLeash wrote:

The State Theatre in Sydney would be great too... or The Opera House. :)

• yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    *says in a Larry Emder voice* "CMON DOOOOOWN" :D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • SamuleSamule Posts: 3,231
    *says in a Larry Emder voice* "CMON DOOOOOWN" :D
    EmDUR DUR DUR!!!
  • Oceans11Oceans11 Posts: 67
    GotMyLeash wrote:

The Forum would be awesome venue for Ed live. Please Eddie come to Australia.....
    Samule wrote:
    EmDUR DUR DUR!!!

EdDIE EdDIE EdDIE!!! :D

• pjgirl23pjgirl23 Posts: 115
    GotMyLeash wrote:

The Palais would be good too
  • brock05brock05 Posts: 11
    I would love to see Ed play solo down here. I don't give a rats ass what part of the country he plays I would be there.
    11/3/95 - Eastern Creek, Sydney
    12/3/98 - Sydney
    8 & 9/2/03 - Brisbane
    7/11/06 - Sydney
    11/11/06 - Brisbane
    14/11/06 - Melbourne
    19/11/06 - Newcastle
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I think that's awesome ya'll started a thread in Australia just to talk about the EV Solo Tour! Good jo.... oh. That's "Tour in Australia" thread... nevermind.

He is having WAAAY to much fun and soaking up WAAAAY too much love for him NOT to do this over and over and over. I'm sure it'll happen in Europe and Australia ... heck maybe even the East Coast of the good ol' USA!

And ya know what, when he gets there, he's gonna blow the doors off the shows he's doing now. Not a single one has been anything less than totally amazing, insprirational, mind-blowing, vein-popping, tear-jerking, rally around the campfire and come sit in his living room and enjoy goodness! But yep, each one keeps getting just that much better... how couldn't they?!?!?

And he gave ya Aussies such a special shout out at Santa Cruz of all places, one of the "happiest" places on earth -- if you know what I mean. (Yes, Santa Cruz puts Berkeley to shame in that, ahem, category...)

I might just have to fly out when he does! Sorry, to snag a ticket from someone, but I'll leave the wife at the hotel!
    [sic] happens
    The Eddie Vedder Down Under Solo show WILL happen. I'm going to keep looking at this photo and imagine it on a stage in Australia until it does. :D

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/nukeboot/08VedderSoloVancouver2.jpg

• webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    Yeah come n play the Enmore in Sydney. and fark that bombers/pies/afl crap, he'll be up in newcastle watching a Newcastle Knights game
  • eddies mateeddies mate Posts: 342
    sweet pic! cmon ed come to aus!
    and love ..... wish the world would go again with love , one cant seem to have enough.........
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    It was reported in the Nanook News based out of SmooSmoonishin, Saskatchewan that a Mr. Edward Vedder will kick off his Canadian tour in this fine city (known for their beautiful Eskimo Women and fabulous Muktuk Coctails) beginning September 21st, 2008
    ps. Im excited!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    It was reported in the Nanook News based out of SmooSmoonishin, Saskatchewan that a Mr. Edward Vedder will kick off his Canadian tour in this fine city (known for their beautiful Eskimo Women and faulous Muktuk Coctails) beginning September 21st, 2008
    ps. Im excited!

:rolleyes:

Well that's nice but what has that got to do with Eddie coming to Australia?

• Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    E.K wrote:

Well that's nice but what has that got to do with Eddie coming to Australia?
    ...because it was also announced in the same issue of the Nanook News (ed. 45178) that rumours were that he was preparing for his Melbourne debut.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    ...because it was also announced in the same issue of the Nanook News (ed. 45178) that rumours were that he was preparing for his Melbourne debut.

Stop spoiling my thread. :mad:

• Kegzy05Kegzy05 Posts: 93
    OHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHH +1 vote here...

Jesus, I cant even begin to imagine how truly incredible that show would be...
    "I dont question, our existence
    I just question, our modern needs"
  • It would be fantastic if he did. But I really doubt it will happen.