Options

The Warner Theater in Washington DC

Comments

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Save You wrote:
    how did you get the grand hyatt for $139.00 ? i checked hotels.com and the rate was like $300
    Are you a member of AAA? Got those rates thru them. Or just call the hotels yourself.
    The Warner Theater has them listed on their sight
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    kad39kad39 Posts: 14
    my2hands wrote:
    is the smallest venue on the tour... capacity 1800

i didnt want to mention that until the 10c sales were over ;)

i have never been there but i have seen it on TV... if you are interested it was the venue for comedian Lewis Black's last HBO special "Red, White, and Screwed"... check it out if you get a chance, Lewis Black is hilarious and it will give you some nice shots of the beautiful theater

I live in DC and saw Ben Harper at the Warner last year (had great tx by the way, ORCH-mid row). At one point during the show the band stopped playing, Ben unplugged and walked up to the mic. He did this amazing acapella for like 10min. Amazing! The place was silent, you could have heard a pin drop!!
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I've tried to explain
    somehow
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Just booked at the JW Marriott on Penn. Ave. Looks to be right across the street from the Warner.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasjw-jw-marriott-hotel-pennsylvania-avenue/
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    I got the Renaissance M Street Hotel near Dupont Circle for $70 on priceline. It's near Georgetown/Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Anyone know if the Metro Rail is easy to navigate to Warner Theatre?
    **4/94 Rochester-NY**
    **10/96 Buffalo-NY**
    **5/03 Buffalo-NY**
    **10/04 Toledo-OH**
    **9/05 Hamilton- ON**
    **6/06 Cleveland-OH**
    **7/06 Pittsburgh-PA***
    **E.V. Solo Washington-DC 8/17/08**
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    I got the Renaissance M Street Hotel near Dupont Circle for $70 on priceline. It's near Georgetown/Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Anyone know if the Metro Rail is easy to navigate to Warner Theatre?

Sigh. I almost don't feel like answering this, as a lifetime local and PJ fan since '91. My friend and I got locked out of both nights in the pre-sale (she has a really low 10c number, not that that mattered). I didn't even pull up a single TicketMaster ticket for either night today. I ended up buying us two balcony seats from StubHub for a small fortune. I won't feel over the trauma until they arrive and are as promised.

Warner Theater is one block from Metro Center, in the midst of downtown. Regarding hotels, don't feel you need one right at the venue, there are great sections of town close by, and Dupont Circle is awesome. Metro will be running until 3 AM Saturday, and midnight on Sunday. There are a lot of bogus Metro sites, the real one is http://www.wmata.com/
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    Save You wrote:
    how did you get the grand hyatt for $139.00 ? i checked hotels.com and the rate was like $300

I went on tripadvisor.com on Wednesday night (after I got my 10C tix), and looked at all of the offers. Everything was coming up as $139 per night. I actually ended up going to the Hyatt Grand's website, and they also had a summer getaway price of $139 per night (with a 50% off coupon for breakfast, although their breakfasts are probably so overpriced that even half off is still too much), so I booked through them. Maybe it depends on the day of the week that you try these sites. Good luck!
  • Options
    Julienova, thanks for the info! I too have paid a small fortune to see Pearl Jam and know the feeling of seeing that credit card bill butwho knows when you'll ever get the chance to see him solo again so it's worth the $$$.
    Thanks again!
    **4/94 Rochester-NY**
    **10/96 Buffalo-NY**
    **5/03 Buffalo-NY**
    **10/04 Toledo-OH**
    **9/05 Hamilton- ON**
    **6/06 Cleveland-OH**
    **7/06 Pittsburgh-PA***
    **E.V. Solo Washington-DC 8/17/08**
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492

Red line to Metro Center. It's a couple blocks away

**Actually, Orange line. Foggy Bottom is along the orange line, Metro Center should be 4 or so stops away
  • Options
    noceilingnoceiling Posts: 41
    I agree with an earlier post, you need not stay in D.C.

Try Arlington, VA. It is right across the Potomac with Orange Line Metro Service to all of DC.

The Hilton Garden Inn is about 2 blocks from a Metro stop, you would then take the train for 5 minutes tops. There rate, with AAA discount, is $119 a night.

Enjoy the show and beautiful theatre.
    Hartford 10/02/96 & 09/13/98
    Pittsburg 8/25/98 & 4/26/03
    Cleveland 8/26/98
    Camden 9/02/00 & 06/19/08 (my birthday!)
    Columbia, MD 9/04/00
    State College 5/03/03
    Reading, PA 10/01/04
    Albany 5/12/06
    Washington DC 5/30/06 & 06/22/08
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    kad39 wrote:
    I live in DC and saw Ben Harper at the Warner last year (had great tx by the way, ORCH-mid row). At one point during the show the band stopped playing, Ben unplugged and walked up to the mic. He did this amazing acapella for like 10min. Amazing! The place was silent, you could have heard a pin drop!!

holy shit i would have loved that
  • Options
    kad39kad39 Posts: 14
    my2hands wrote:
    holy shit i would have loved that

Thought you might have liked that story!
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I've tried to explain
    somehow
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    Julienova, thanks for the info! I too have paid a small fortune to see Pearl Jam and know the feeling of seeing that credit card bill butwho knows when you'll ever get the chance to see him solo again so it's worth the $$$.
    Thanks again!

You're welcome! That's how I feel about $$$ as well. I'm psyched, just biting my nails until I have the tickets in hand. One time I bought two tickets from StubHub, and only one arrived. The seller swore he sent me two. Please let me have enough good Karma for that not to happen twice. Enjoy your visit!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Any advice on getting from where the show is (staying at Marriott next to Warner) to Camden Yards?

Thanks.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Any advice on getting from where the show is (staying at Marriott next to Warner) to Camden Yards?

Thanks.
    North on 95 right to Baltimore. About 40 minute drive
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    North on 95 right to Baltimore. About 40 minute drive

Thanks - sorry should of said - without renting a car.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Thanks - sorry should of said - without renting a car.

DC Metro to Union Station from there take the MARC train to Baltimore and then a bus.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    DC Metro to Union Station from there take the MARC train to Baltimore and then a bus.

Gracias.....

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Holy shit !!!

Just booked a room on Priceline for $85 !!!

Check this place out : http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hotels/The-Madison-Hotel/Overview.aspx
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    wookeezwookeez Posts: 17
    Hey, has anyone been to the Warner Theater recently? I got tix through TC, thank God, and got an email with instructions and the last one says "10. No cameras of any kind, including cell phone cameras, will be allowed into the venue."

So, that rules out all cell phones basically. Are they really that strict, or do they just make you turn them off? I can totally see turning your phone off during the show, but not being able to carry your phone all night?

Thanks, I can't wait for the show, gonna be an unbelievable experience.
    I am mine!
  • Options
    Regarding Camden Yards - the MARC doesn't run on weekends. You can try Amtrak and then a cab.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Shot in the dark here. Anyone have 2 tickets for night one? PM me.
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Regarding Camden Yards - the MARC doesn't run on weekends. You can try Amtrak and then a cab.

Good call. Though you are probably better off renting a car for the day at that point if there are two people you need to get up there and back. Between metro, amtrak, cabs back and forth for two you are looking at around $100.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    wookeez wrote:
    Hey, has anyone been to the Warner Theater recently? I got tix through TC, thank God, and got an email with instructions and the last one says "10. No cameras of any kind, including cell phone cameras, will be allowed into the venue."

So, that rules out all cell phones basically. Are they really that strict, or do they just make you turn them off? I can totally see turning your phone off during the show, but not being able to carry your phone all night?

Thanks, I can't wait for the show, gonna be an unbelievable experience.

From what I have read, the cell phone rule is pretty well enforced. I don't think there is a problem carrying it in, but they watch for people trying to take pics and such. Just keep it in your pocket and turned OFF, you should be good to go.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    why would you go to camden yards if your in DC? go to the nationals new stadium... baltimore is about an hour away from dowtown DC
  • Options
    wookeezwookeez Posts: 17
    From what I have read, the cell phone rule is pretty well enforced. I don't think there is a problem carrying it in, but they watch for people trying to take pics and such. Just keep it in your pocket and turned OFF, you should be good to go.

Thanks Vedderman23, that is what I was hoping for, I just hope I don't get to the door and they try and make me take my iPhone back home. I can't imagine they wouldn't let you bring them in. See you there!
    I am mine!
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Surely he will do I am a Patriot in our nations capitol. It's a given, right? ;)

hoping for Masters of War too. One of my hubby's faves.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    i have never heard patriot...

i think we may have to have on official request thread for that one :D
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    my2hands wrote:
    i have never heard patriot...

i think we may have to have on official request thread for that one :D

I have been lucky enough to hear it once- great song
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

yes it is...
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95

Voters for Choice '98?

What an awesome show.