News from the Ten Club!

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Exactly!
    And I'M usually the gullible one and with high expectations, haha.
    I had a feeling its about the x-mas single...
    so did I..you can look at my first response in the Tweet Thread..
    it's still annoying they spoiled the bird for that..now I won't believe it again..
  • What is wrong with people... it seems like more and more "oh woe is me, the life of a pearl jam fan" people are on here everyday. What is with all the complaints - and im not saying you should never complain - as there are some gripes that come to mind(shipping to Canada lol :)) but you dont have to go on and on and on especially about stupid shit, "oh no we heard about a concert from a different source", but really as their posting announcements your complaining... "oh my God - how DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! put out a Tweet for just Xmas single announcement?" Has Tweet become the code word for - un-fu*kin believable news comming up stay tuned? Or is it like the terrorism color index these days. Is Tweet Red? Or maybe the can codify the tweets so they dont get some people so angry and thinking and planning to go on tour with the band, or that the band really owes them something because ya know afterall, the band should do whatever we ask or feel or ever dreamed of them doing - and boy if they dont - whooeee there will be some trouble a brewing, becuase those sellouts didnt personally come to my house to tell me that they plan on going to the washroom, and if that was ok, or should they have just maybe put out a tweet? But back to the tweet...

Tweet Index
    1. Most important news as decided by the message Pit users
    -well whatever news that the message Pit users deem most important at the time of the news release(subject to change at anytime - without giving notification to the TenClub because they SHOULD VERY WELL KNOW what we want as the most primo news that will be released)... This shall go under the tweet code of
    MUTHAFU*KIN TWEET MUTHAFU*KAS

2. News deemed secondary, once again as decided by the holiest of holies of Pit users. Not exactly sure what we would deem secondary, but dammit Ten Club you should KNOW what we DEEM Secondary - and dont let us catch you F-ing Up. This will be the tweet code of
    Fu*kin Tweet

3. News that you should tell us, just becuase we have a God Damn right to know as the sacred Pit users, this news may not have much relevancy to the music, but more in the realm of celebrity - as we would like to know when Eddie is walking his dog and at what time, when Jeff decides to go Skate boarding and what park he is going to be at at any given time. Or if a band member is doing a soundtrack to a movie, can you please tells us, rather than us having to hear from regular news, cause you know how embarresing it is to hear from regular news.
    These shall be Tweet fu*kin Tweet

4. Underwhelming and unworthy type of announcements and news, that we so know your lying about anyways, and how dare you even make that type of suggestion, do you think we are stupid messages - such as xmas single news shall be considered Tweet.

Seriously though all of these complaints over the usage of a Tweet?. Just be fricken happy that we do get a xmas single every year(no matter when it comes) we do get news- really more often than most other bands - that they have released and i imagine will continue to release a plethora of excellent music that will keep all of us happy to our own ripe old ages, that they do have tons of stuff and create tons of stuff merchandise wise that thier fans can buy - and no you dont have to buy frikin everything they release(that would just be a tad obsessive and insane)...you either like it or you dont, not everyone has the same taste. Am i gonna buy the poster book? No, cuz when will i ever really look at it ya know... have i bought every shirt that they sell, No, becuase some i dont like. Will i still more than likely buy presales that come with a bonus - hell yeah - even though i know it will come an annoyingly 2 months later - but even that depends (i did for dvd-not cd though as i knew i would want that right away)

anyways this is way to fing long sorry
    peace
  • damn this place is so full of bitching, crying, little complaining punks. wtf do you want? a personal concert at your crappy apartment? another U.S. tour? a new album? the book is goong to be awsome. they are trying to get the single out a little earlier. there are 3 hoodies in deep. just go join the seether fan club, or metallica, or springsteen and piss off
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    samsaidhey wrote:
    What is wrong with people... it seems like more and more "oh woe is me, the life of a pearl jam fan" people are on here everyday. What is with all the complaints - and im not saying you should never complain - as there are some gripes that come to mind(shipping to Canada lol :)) but you dont have to go on and on and on especially about stupid shit, "oh no we heard about a concert from a different source", but really as their posting announcements your complaining... "oh my God - how DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! put out a Tweet for just Xmas single announcement?" Has Tweet become the code word for - un-fu*kin believable news comming up stay tuned? Or is it like the terrorism color index these days. Is Tweet Red? Or maybe the can codify the tweets so they dont get some people so angry and thinking and planning to go on tour with the band, or that the band really owes them something because ya know afterall, the band should do whatever we ask or feel or ever dreamed of them doing - and boy if they dont - whooeee there will be some trouble a brewing, becuase those sellouts didnt personally come to my house to tell me that they plan on going to the washroom, and if that was ok, or should they have just maybe put out a tweet? But back to the tweet...

Tweet Index
    -well whatever news that the message Pit users deem most important at the time of the news release(subject to change at anytime - without giving notification to the TenClub because they SHOULD VERY WELL KNOW what we want as the most primo news that will be released)... This shall go under the tweet code of

2. News deemed secondary, once again as decided by the holiest of holies of Pit users. Not exactly sure what we would deem secondary, but dammit Ten Club you should KNOW what we DEEM Secondary - and dont let us catch you F-ing Up. This will be the tweet code of
    Fu*kin Tweet

3. News that you should tell us, just becuase we have a God Damn right to know as the sacred Pit users, this news may not have much relevancy to the music, but more in the realm of celebrity - as we would like to know when Eddie is walking his dog and at what time, when Jeff decides to go Skate boarding and what park he is going to be at at any given time. Or if a band member is doing a soundtrack to a movie, can you please tells us, rather than us having to hear from regular news, cause you know how embarresing it is to hear from regular news.

4. Underwhelming and unworthy type of announcements and news, that we so know your lying about anyways, and how dare you even make that type of suggestion, do you think we are stupid messages - such as xmas single news shall be considered Tweet.

Seriously though all of these complaints over the usage of a Tweet?. Just be fricken happy that we do get a xmas single every year(no matter when it comes) we do get news- really more often than most other bands - that they have released and i imagine will continue to release a plethora of excellent music that will keep all of us happy to our own ripe old ages, that they do have tons of stuff and create tons of stuff merchandise wise that thier fans can buy - and no you dont have to buy frikin everything they release(that would just be a tad obsessive and insane)...you either like it or you dont, not everyone has the same taste. Am i gonna buy the poster book? No, cuz when will i ever really look at it ya know... have i bought every shirt that they sell, No, becuase some i dont like. Will i still more than likely buy presales that come with a bonus - hell yeah - even though i know it will come an annoyingly 2 months later - but even that depends (i did for dvd-not cd though as i knew i would want that right away)

peace

:D

Can you also translate that in various languages, including sign languages of all languages? ;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Thanks Tim for letting us know :)

I'll go and check out the good section!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    magnificient book for 50 bucks...OK

but
    40 bucks for shipping? :rolleyes:
    :confused:

i don't fuckin think so dammit... :mad:
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • samsaidhey wrote:
    What is wrong with people... it seems like more and more "oh woe is me, the life of a pearl jam fan" people are on here everyday. What is with all the complaints - and im not saying you should never complain - as there are some gripes that come to mind(shipping to Canada lol :)) but you dont have to go on and on and on especially about stupid shit, "oh no we heard about a concert from a different source", but really as their posting announcements your complaining... "oh my God - how DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! put out a Tweet for just Xmas single announcement?" Has Tweet become the code word for - un-fu*kin believable news comming up stay tuned? Or is it like the terrorism color index these days. Is Tweet Red? Or maybe the can codify the tweets so they dont get some people so angry and thinking and planning to go on tour with the band, or that the band really owes them something because ya know afterall, the band should do whatever we ask or feel or ever dreamed of them doing - and boy if they dont - whooeee there will be some trouble a brewing, becuase those sellouts didnt personally come to my house to tell me that they plan on going to the washroom, and if that was ok, or should they have just maybe put out a tweet? But back to the tweet...

Tweet Index

Fu*kin Tweet

peace

Welcome to the internet, dude.

It's OK to be pissed off at anything ya want! lmao ;)

As far as the news goes...I'm happy there is ANY news. It's that simple.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • this "tim" character...i'm assuming this is the same "tim" that share's the "chatterbox" dialogue with MM in the latest issue of "deep."

wow, that was alot of quotation mark usage...sorry.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Birds here in Australia don't really go tweet. Thankfully.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Where are the new hoodies at?
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • UrujamUrujam Posts: 53
    2000: Barcelona.
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisboa I, Lisboa II, Madrid, Paris, Verona, Milán.
    2007: Lisboa, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf (on stage!!!).
    2008: ¿?
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Hinny wrote:
    Birds here in Australia don't really go tweet. Thankfully.

What do birds in Oz say/sing? Teewt? OyOyOy? ;)

just joshin' :)
  • NoKNoK Posts: 824
    The guys at the Ten Club should take down the names of everyone who complains here and not send them a single.. maybe cancel their membership and send them their money back in an envelope signed "Fuck off"..

I mean if its such bad news then why would you want it..
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    kj1nyr wrote:
    What do birds in Oz say/sing? Teewt? OyOyOy? ;)

just joshin' :)

LMAO!! :D

That's Oi! Oi! Oi! to you thanks!!! :D hahaha!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • LedLed Posts: 11
    I'm still waiting on my holiday single from last year. I thought about writing to the club to find out what happened this year, but when I wrote last year to find out about my holiday single, the email reply was "Why did you wait so long to ask about it?"

I sent emails in February, May, and then in August. I was told to be patient in May.

I'd rather buy the single off ebay than be chastised for asking for my holiday single when I don't get it.
    07/08/95 Milwaukee : 06/30/98 Minneapolis : 10/12/00 Kansas City : 04/22/03 St. Louis : 06/12/03 under water : 06/13/03 Council Bluffs : 06/15/03 Fargo : 06/16/03 St. Paul : 09/08/05 Winnipeg : 06/26/06 St. Paul : 06/27/06 St. Paul : 07/02/06 Denver : 07/03/06 Denver
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    NoK wrote:
    The guys at the Ten Club should take down the names of everyone who complains here and not send them a single.. maybe cancel their membership and send them their money back in an envelope signed "Fuck off"..

I mean if its such bad news then why would you want it..

You live in a scary world my friend.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    No Bitchin here!!

Just more spending!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
    Thread: Tweet
    Posted By chromiam
    ummmm holiday single people......
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Why do people still want MORE from this fan club and the band? I dont get it.

No shit...what a bunch of whiners....Stone, Ed, and Jeff have all said specifically that there will be no shows until next year. Is this not enough for people?! This is the only fan club that I am a member of, so I don't know what it is like other places, but man, I have to wonder; do other fans bitch this much?!
    I hold the pain, release me!
    You live in a scary world my friend.

I live in the same world you live in.. its just annoying to see all this complaining..

Heres a little story..

Bjork is going to be gracing the shores of Sydney after a very long absence. My friend who has been a fan of Bjork since longer than I can remember tried to get tickets for her show but they were sold out in a matter of minutes. Some time later they were up on Ebay for $400 and so on. I also heard that the same happened to a lot of RATM fans.

When PJ came to Sydney last year all I had to do was sign into my account and buy tickets. I got amazing seats in front of Ed. Heck i've got a picture of him where he looks like he's looking straight at my lens (even though he probably is not). Point is, I did fuck all and I got great seats and didnt have to go through the bullshit my friend is going through..

so for that I will always be thankful for the Ten Club even if a bloody bird doesnt tweet what i wanna hear.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    NoK wrote:
    I live in the same world you live in.. its just annoying to see all this complaining..

Heres a little story..

Bjork is going to be gracing the shores of Sydney after a very long absence. My friend who has been a fan of Bjork since longer than I can remember tried to get tickets for her show but they were sold out in a matter of minutes. Some time later they were up on Ebay for $400 and so on. I also heard that the same happened to a lot of RATM fans.

When PJ came to Sydney last year all I had to do was sign into my account and buy tickets. I got amazing seats in front of Ed. Heck i've got a picture of him where he looks like he's looking straight at my lens (even though he probably is not). Point is, I did fuck all and I got great seats and didnt have to go through the bullshit my friend is going through..

so for that I will always be thankful for the Ten Club even if a bloody bird doesnt tweet what i wanna hear.

I agree with this...but to silence dissent by pulling memberships would be terrible move.

People raise their own expectations and then get mad when they are not met. This was a simple info "Tweet". It would have been cool if it were about more, but it is what it is. This is certainly very silly to get upset about.
    hippiemom = goodness
    I agree with this...but to silence dissent by pulling memberships would be terrible move.

People raise their own expectations and then get mad when they are not met. This was a simple info "Tweet". It would have been cool if it were about more, but it is what it is. This is certainly very silly to get upset about.

hahaha reason why im not heading a fan club ay!
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    zootown wrote:
    No shit...what a bunch of whiners....Stone, Ed, and Jeff have all said specifically that there will be no shows until next year. Is this not enough for people?! This is the only fan club that I am a member of, so I don't know what it is like other places, but man, I have to wonder; do other fans bitch this much?!

I am currently a member of fan clubs for 5 different bands. None of them do half as much for the fans as the 10c does and all of them have much higher membership fees. Fan club show tickets for all the others are WAY higher than PJ too, and instead of reserved fan club seats you generally get a pre sale at the same time as all the radio promotions and Live Nation promotions, etc... so you're vying for the same tix as thousands of other people first come first served. I don't have that problem with PJ. Two PJ fan club tix to the 12/2 show plus the poster cost less than one fan club ticket to the U2/PJ show on 12/9 and I had WAY better seats for 12/2.

Though the Clapton fan club sent us a very nice tee shirt and cool messenger bag for our $60 this year. :)

Bottom line, 10 Club rocks!

Peace,
    KJ
  • You rock 10C! Thanks for the info!
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I don't have a record deck. :(
  • i wish bruce treated his fans half as good as PJ. though to be fair, he keeps the prices down too.
  • JibitiJibiti Posts: 265
    My membership expired yesterday and I haven't renewed yet. Will I still be able to get the holiday single within the 90 day grace period?
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • nuffingman wrote:
    I don't have a record deck. :(
    just go to sharper image and buy one for $130. if you dont have that cash, then just wait about a week after u recieve yours, and someone will have posted it in mp3.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    zootown wrote:

I agree with you. There's too much whingeing on this board. I'm glad the guys are taking a well earned break. I'm surprised they're doing more shows next year. Dont forget the guys have families now and need to take time off to be with them, also they need time off for songwriting. I'm glad the guys dont tour year in, year out. If they did, they'd have broken up years ago because touring is pretty rigourous. They're one of the smartest bands around, taking proper breaks when they need to, sometimes rejoining up with their side projects and making interesting music that's not PJ related and generally doing things at a pace that allows them to not succumb to the rigours of over touring. I would have thought that the fact that they're going to do more shows next year would be enough for people, but still it appears it's not. For God's sake, the guys need a decent break sometime so stop complaining when they take their well earned rests!
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    Poncier wrote:
    Any hint on what the Christmas single might be??

Yellow Ledbetter with new lyrics by Bono.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
This discussion has been closed.