News from the Ten Club!

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Thanks, Tim. :)

But still no homemade canned tomatoes, though?? LOL

Anyway, thanks for interpreting the little bird - I don't blame the bird for not wanting to come here itself. :D;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Poor bird. its not its fault :(
    Friends, dont kill innocent birds. Please.
    Sid will be very very sad.

Thanks for the news. Im happy. I guess Im one of the few (or the only one)
    who wasnt expecting any big news...whatever you guys were expecting...
    Heh, it's more about the tweet thing than the annoucement. The annoucement was always gonna be for something insignificant. It's the use of the tweet thing that's messing with my head.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • TheGossman wrote:
    wow, all that fuckin hype to announce you are gonna release an overpriced book! Man, why couldn't you guys just tell us from the beginning, I'm not exactly doing backflips right now!

Seriously. I wasn't expecting anything big, but I'd hardly call this something to get everyone excited for. I can shell out 50 bucks, or even 200! if I want an extra special book!! & We may even get our Xmas single on time...whooo I can hardly contain myself. :rolleyes:
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • At least you didn't call this guy's professor but still. Get a life.

LMAO!!!! I have to admit that I doubted that email when everyone started saying they hadnt gotten it and I hadnt either... but you are right at least no one got on the phone and call 10C to check on the authenticity of the email :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Poor bird. its not its fault :(
    Friends, dont kill innocent birds. Please.
    Sid will be very very sad.

Thanks for the news. Im happy. I guess Im one of the few (or the only one)
    who wasnt expecting any big news...whatever you guys were expecting...
    Sid...oh how i miss you.

no disappointments here. can't wait for my Deep to arrive and the annual holiday single!

it occurred to me this morning that Sea's tweet post said "...it's a good time of the year..." and it made sense that it was probably the annual gift that we were being advised about...cause it's getting close to that time of year. duh ;).

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • i am not into ripping the 10 club like some or giving them too much praise like some...but honestly what was the major announcement? the book thing was announced yesterday and when you sign up your told of the fan club single? i mean if they just wanted to make sure we were up to date didnt need the tweet thread a few days ahead of time to get people going so nuts! just could of had this thread and i dont think people would be mad or anything just my idea
  • meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,577
    homeratbat wrote:
    i am not into ripping the 10 club like some or giving them too much praise like some...but honestly what was the major announcement? the book thing was announced yesterday and when you sign up your told of the fan club single? i mean if they just wanted to make sure we were up to date didnt need the tweet thread a few days ahead of time to get people going so nuts! just could of had this thread and i dont think people would be mad or anything just my idea

I don't think I saw that the 10C ever said there was a "major announcement." That was a bunch of people who started putting out a bunch of theories on what it could be. I mean seriously, I am all for being excited and hopeful about some possibility, but don't blame the 10C for being disappointed. All they said was it was a good time of year to make sure our memberships were updated.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Well I'm excited! :)

This will be my first holiday single from 10club and I couldn't care if it was Eddie singing Tiptoe Through The Tulips with a ukulele! :D Actually that sounds pretty darn cool to me! :D

Thanks rubysdad! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well I'm excited! :)

This will be my first holiday single from 10club and I couldn't care if it was Eddie singing Tiptoe Through The Tulips with a ukulele! :D Actually that sounds pretty darn cool to me! :D

Thanks rubysdad!

My feelings exactly. Same here! :)
  • AM I the only one that is still holding out hope that the annual gift will be more than we are used to... like maybe instead of one song and a B side that we generally have access to before the vinyl's arrival, that we actually get something really special on vinyl this year?!?

Ok, so maybe I am overly hopeful or optimistic... but until I get mine in April or May, I will still hold out hope that it will be something even more special than usual.

Never hurts to hope... just hurts when you are expecting it, and it doesn't happen!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • JamilyMan wrote:
    AM I the only one that is still holding out hope that the annual gift will be more than we are used to... like maybe instead of one song and a B side that we generally have access to before the vinyl's arrival, that we actually get something really special on vinyl this year?!?

Ok, so maybe I am overly hopeful or optimistic... but until I get mine in April or May, I will still hold out hope that it will be something even more special than usual.

Never hurts to hope... just hurts when you are expecting it, and it doesn't happen!

Why do people still want MORE from this fan club and the band? I dont get it.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    My feelings exactly. Same here! :)

:D I'm still excited about getting my first mail from 10c yesterday! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Why do people still want MORE from this fan club and the band? I dont get it.

I don't think hoping for an extra song or two is really all that demanding. I love being a 10 Club member and am thankful for what they provide us. If I didn't think it was a good deal I would have quit a long time ago... not happening. Like everyone else, though, when we get the single, I am hopeful that it will be special. This year, I am hoping the same - although I would take quality over quantity every time!

PEACE
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Jeanie wrote:
    :D I'm still excited about getting my first mail from 10c yesterday! :D
    Me too!:D
    Me too!:D

It's pretty cool huh? :D All the way from Seattle and all! :D

So we must be 400,000+ buddies? ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • brucebruce Posts: 384
    TheGossman wrote:
    wow, all that fuckin hype to announce you are gonna release an overpriced book! Man, why couldn't you guys just tell us from the beginning, I'm not exactly doing backflips right now!
    With out sounding too much like a Debby Downer... I kind of agree with you.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    worst news ever
  • brucebruce Posts: 384
    I'm not sure "news" is the appropriate term.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Well, I may be firmly in the minority here, but thanks 10 Club. I am very much looking forward to the single (Though for me it's just for display, as I haven't had a record player since my brother went off to college in 1982, taking his Blondie collection with him) and the book.
  • What are the odds on the single containing songs we've already heard?
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Yep! Got that email!
  • that's bs. A membership call for merchandise?
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    It's for the vinyl, and it also gave us heads up for the merch, birdies do everything this days...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well i did try and tell you all it would be the xmas single... i mean why oh why would they need to have your shipping address up-to-date for concert tickets... we all know these are picked up on the day of the gig... so it could only have been for something they were posting out.

yes, i am smug... but I love reading the crybabys comments anyway.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Come on, did anyone actually think they would be touring again this soon?

I'm really excited for the single and I just hope it will be something we haven't heard yet. :)
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente
  • i dont know whether to be happy bout the news of the holiday single....
    i didnt even get last years one
    i could always ask tho,
    i had to ask to get the deep mag LOL
    its in my profile for $0.00
    maybe i should just ask now
    :(?
  • DarkStar wrote:
    Sid...oh how i miss you.

no disappointments here. can't wait for my Deep to arrive and the annual holiday single!

it occurred to me this morning that Sea's tweet post said "...it's a good time of the year..." and it made sense that it was probably the annual gift that we were being advised about...cause it's getting close to that time of year. duh ;).

ds
    Exactly!
    And I'M usually the gullible one and with high expectations, haha.
    I had a feeling its about the x-mas single...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • dunkman wrote:
    well i did try and tell you all it would be the xmas single... i mean why oh why would they need to have your shipping address up-to-date for concert tickets... we all know these are picked up on the day of the gig... so it could only have been for something they were posting out.

yes, i am smug... but I love reading the crybabys comments anyway.
    At least SOMEONE is thinking the same. :)
    Im glad I wasnt the only one, Dunk :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • I don't think I saw that the 10C ever said there was a "major announcement." That was a bunch of people who started putting out a bunch of theories on what it could be. I mean seriously, I am all for being excited and hopeful about some possibility, but don't blame the 10C for being disappointed. All they said was it was a good time of year to make sure our memberships were updated.

your making my point though! the 10 club knows how if they put out something a few days in advance like a "tweet" thread we fans go insane! whether we should or not is a non issue...anyway i just think the 10 club could have avoided any overreaction by simply making this thread and saying you have until some point to renew/update! personally im not upset or anything i didnt think they would tour now there is really no reason to tour at this time!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    In2Deep wrote:
    I'm going to start treating the bird like the boy who cried wolf. Tweeting around like there's some big secret coming. And all for the Xmas single, which, like every year, we're told is going to be sent out sooner than later. I'm patient when it comes to the single, but I was starting to think this little bird had really important surprised for us.

I had my dreams for something much bigger...Damn you, Bird!
    Hinny wrote:
    My views on recreational hunting of birds have been completely altered over the past week. On private ownership of assault weapons, too.

Anyone up for firing IEDs at birds that go tweet? It'll be 100% based on recreation, cos we're blowing them up rather than hunting game.
    I'm with you guys..

birds that sing out of turn and shit $10 eggs should be driven to extinction!
    :D

last year they came out with it straight: make sure your membership uptodate by teh xx for the single.
    simple, to the point, end of story.

teasing us with a tweet is looking for trouble, Cheney style..
This discussion has been closed.