• Options
    they need to play the spectrum
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    they want to play the Spectrum!

and another poster with less then 10 posts chimes in...

i love how the band and tenclub are leaking some of this stuff... slowly but surely

i am thinking this is going to happen
  • Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i hate to be hated but god i love that word
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Options
    Signed 50 times over. Best and loudest crowd I have ever been apart of.
  • Options
    please play the spectrum!! Best fan audience in Philly
  • Options
    play the fucking spectrum
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    not gonna happen
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    spectrum would be sickkkkk
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
    6/17/08 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    That Birdy Needs To Fly To The Spectrum!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Unfortunately when they come here this summer (think positive) it will probably be shitty Camden. Blah.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Weighing in on this thread ... YEAH! PJ should be one of the final bands to perform in that hallowed cement bowl! Long after the building's down and has been replaced with soulless commerce, the spirit of the great bands that played there (and various liquids that seeped into the ground) will remain!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    If they play the Spectrum I'll buy the beer
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Play the parking lot of the Spectrum!
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    Unfortunately when they come here this summer (think positive) it will probably be shitty Camden. Blah.

the last time they played here in the summer they HAD to play camden...they wanted to play the spectrum but there was the ncaa soccer championship at the linc and the ncaa made the entire sports complex sign a deal that beside the phillies NOTHING else could be occur in that area during that weekend (the phillies had already set there dates) so pj was forced to go to camden...if you look at that tour i believe camden and hartford were the only 2 venues like that the rest were played indoors
  • Options
    although i do think the spectrum is a fine venue and i would love to see pj there once again. in fact the spectrum show of 03 is probabaly my favorite that i have attended, but i think its unfair to the fans for them to play at the spectrum.
    the acoustics are great there but the seating capacity is far less than that of the wachovia center and that is very unfair to all of the fans who will be shut out of tickets. the philly area has a huge pj following and i think it would be very infuriating for anyone to miss out on seeing this great band for the simple fact they chose to play a smaller arena.
    i say go big, take over a large outdoor area like say Live8 style ( art museum) or lollapalooza back in the day ( FDR Park/ across from the SPectrum) and play a free show . so this way everyone can have an awesome time seeing the worlds greatest band
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I'd love to be able to experience what all of you lucky bastards had back in '03. I wasn't living up here yet, so I think I deserve a chance too! And to cut down on people being shut out, a two-night stint is completely mandatory.
    Just as long as it doesn't take place between June 28 - July 5.
    I'll be in FL for a wedding, and I don't want to break my best friend's heart by not showing because of PJ :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Gotta play the Spectrum one last time. Or two . They play there , especially with fans knowing it'll be the last hurrah in that building , and the crowd will make '03 pale by comparison. I could see an almost all request, Chris Adams Gorge setlist kind of blow out.

I see where MMR is announcing some 40th Anniverary surprise next week. Tuesday if memory serves . Probably just coincidence, but who knows?

Crossing my fingers.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Blind3 wrote:
    MMR is announcing some 40th Anniverary surprise next week. Tuesday if memory serves . Probably just coincidence, but who knows?

Crossing my fingers.
    Hmmm....
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:

I see where MMR is announcing some 40th Anniverary surprise next week. Tuesday if memory serves . Probably just coincidence, but who knows?

Crossing my fingers.

interesting...
  • Options
    i GUARANTEE they play the spectrum this summer

who wants to make a bet?
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    Gotta play the Spectrum one last time. Or two . They play there , especially with fans knowing it'll be the last hurrah in that building , and the crowd will make '03 pale by comparison. I could see an almost all request, Chris Adams Gorge setlist kind of blow out.

Crossing my fingers.

I'm pretty sure that is going to be the STP date that came out a few weeks ago. It's probably their MMRBQ festival. I wouldn't expect Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    eeing this great band for the simple fact they chose to play a smaller arena.
    i say go big, take over a large outdoor area like say Live8 style ( art museum) or lollapalooza back in the day ( FDR Park/ across from the SPectrum) and play a free show . so this way everyone can have an awesome time seeing the worlds greatest band

Do you have any idea of the cost and logistics of just shutting down the parkway and the art museum for a concert? I'd say in the millions. Maybe for U2 or the Stones or something but not Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    The Spectrum is happening...
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    my2hands wrote:
    i GUARANTEE they play the spectrum this summer

who wants to make a bet?
    I would not bet against you, NO WAY. I was fortunate to attend the Spectrum show ...A PARTY ...NOT A CONCERT...THAT WAS A PARTY BABY!!
    XOXOXXO
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I was at the Foo Fighters in Feburary and was talking to the poeple who book the spectrum and They wouldn't say a word. if they play the Spectrum I'd like to see a several day run. I also like and dislike the Spectrum for several reasons. Likes great sound. Dislikes 2 bathrooms small concourses long lines for every thing that block the small concourses. I would love to see Pearl Jam play the Spectrum again that would be rockin. Later yostarama
    my2hands wrote:
    The Spectrum is happening...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    yostarama wrote:
    IDislikes 2 bathrooms small concourses long lines for every thing that block the small concourses.

the vet. the spectrurm. same diff. pick your spot and piss.

LOVE THE SPECTRUM!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    the vet. the spectrurm. same diff. pick your spot and piss.

LOVE THE SPECTRUM!
    long live the VET it's sitting on my computer desk and GOD BLESS AMERICA (i mean spectrum) kate smith and lauren hart should open.
    Go Birds!!!!