Glastonbury headliners announced - PJ NOT one of them

2»

Comments

• jamie uk wrote:
    BTW, Mars bars were not 10p in 1995, no way, not having that, more like 20 or 25p.

lol i was 10 in 1994 and remember mars being about 25p then. Milky Way's were 10p.

Those were the days :D

Jay z - bad choice.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,060
    May as well add my two cents worth, Jay Z is shite.
  • Jay Z is a bad choice......of hip hop at least......

The Roots would have been much more preferable if you have to have Hip Hop headlining Glasto (still seems an odd combo).....

Maybe the Roots will back Jay-Z? Sometimes they do for his bigger shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APogzNtNip8&feature=related
    NERDS!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    True - its usually full of corporate middle class types pretending to be hippies for the weekend.....I'm kinda glad they're not playing cos its about 20 miles down the road from me and I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't get tickets to that gig (backward thinking I know :o )
    Yeh and I'm always really pleased when I see the silly fuckers wallowing in mud.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    pdalowsky wrote:
    REM at the royal albert anyone??
    Oh yes please, but somehow I think getting a ticket will be impossible and the eBay bastards will be in full swing.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    glasto was the dogs bollacks ten years ago...

sadly now you tend to see countless 'hoorays' with that 'oh look at me being so silly in my pink wellys, what would the stock exchange say if they saw me being soooooo wild' .......

For that reason alone and its corporateness I now longer bother, 7 good years was worth it, sadly when you start getting rappers and Emily eavis involved its time to move on......

I realise you were probably just going for brevity there, but the problem with the Glastonbury Festival these days is that it's full of the sort of people who call it 'Glasto'.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I like KOL as much as a lot of you do but they are not a headliner. Neither is the Verve.
    agreed
    pdalowsky wrote:
    glasto was the dogs bollacks ten years ago...

sadly now you tend to see countless 'hoorays' with that 'oh look at me being so silly in my pink wellys, what would the stock exchange say if they saw me being soooooo wild' .......

For that reason alone and its corporateness I now longer bother, 7 good years was worth it, sadly when you start getting rappers and Emily eavis involved its time to move on......

went there in 94 and 95, all the way from southern France! (well, people didn't travel for gigs so easily then..otherwise I'd have seen PJ 14 years earlier!..actually, heard they were meant to play it in 94, but didn't..bastards!)
    I've been wanting to go back since, though I fear it has lost it's charm.
    meant to go last year, then the tour happened, meant to go this year, but Bonnaroo, and a shit line-up, rules it out.

T in the Park is supposed to be great..thoguh tickets are on sale Saturday and since we still don't know what PJ is doing in July :mad: can't book it (and unlike Roo, UK festivals sell out in hours, so no wait and see possible)

heard several times about Rage at Reading.. don't think I'll be able to afford the whole festival after/before the US trip but might go for the day..

REM at RAH: apart from the pain it'll be to get tickets, unless the floor is standing I'm not setting foot in there again... I CANNOT seat at a gig..and the people behind are not too happy about that :D