Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    This thread is seedy.

Some would argue not seedy enough.
  • Apparently my post did not go thru... here it is again - if it duplicates - I apologize!

I am married to a man who isn't the Pearl Jam fan that I am - I took him to PJ20 at Alpine and he's seen them with his bro before we got married - I just wish he loved them like I do. My soul and DNA are composed of Pearl Jam... I couldn't imagine life without them! I know my soul longs to find a PJ soul mate - who knows - I just wish sometimes I had someone at home who would rock out to Pearl Jam with me :(
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    At least he does like them though!!! You'd have to take pro-active measures if he didn't!!! ;)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Apparently my post did not go thru... here it is again - if it duplicates - I apologize!

I am married to a man who isn't the Pearl Jam fan that I am - I took him to PJ20 at Alpine and he's seen them with his bro before we got married - I just wish he loved them like I do. My soul and DNA are composed of Pearl Jam... I couldn't imagine life without them! I know my soul longs to find a PJ soul mate - who knows - I just wish sometimes I had someone at home who would rock out to Pearl Jam with me :(

Sometimes I think the same way...but I wouldn't leave my girlfriend on the account of not liking Pearl Jam. I just hope she sees the light one day. At least I have my brother or my friend as a concert buddy.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • thefin190 wrote:
    Apparently my post did not go thru... here it is again - if it duplicates - I apologize!

Sometimes I think the same way...but I wouldn't leave my girlfriend on the account of not liking Pearl Jam. I just hope she sees the light one day. At least I have my brother or my friend as a concert buddy.

Well - I wouldn't leave my husband either - I'm just saying - it would be nice to have an equal :D
  • Have seen this thread before but never really looked at it.... have always thought it would be great to be with someone who gets it though.
    I have had so many guys pretend to... and one who knew nothing the first time I met him and I think must have wikipedia'd them before I saw him again because he had a lot of (not all correct) facts memorised.
    It was also interesting seeing this today because an ex of mine who I took to Melbourne in 2009 - and who said it was "fine but he didn't understand why we had to stand for so long... why couldn't we just go further from the stage and sit down..." (could I really love someone who felt that way!??) anyway he drunk texted me the other night first time I had heard from him in months.... saying when were they next coming over here. that he loves them now... blah blah blah.
    Probably means he's been rocking out to Alive Even Flow Betterman or Daughter... but still I didn;t even get that! In the future I definitely think I need a PJ man.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • thefin190 wrote:
    Apparently my post did not go thru... here it is again - if it duplicates - I apologize!

Well - I wouldn't leave my husband either - I'm just saying - it would be nice to have an equal :D

I can totally relate to you! :D

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • Have seen this thread before but never really looked at it.... have always thought it would be great to be with someone who gets it though.
    I have had so many guys pretend to... and one who knew nothing the first time I met him and I think must have wikipedia'd them before I saw him again because he had a lot of (not all correct) facts memorised.
    It was also interesting seeing this today because an ex of mine who I took to Melbourne in 2009 - and who said it was "fine but he didn't understand why we had to stand for so long... why couldn't we just go further from the stage and sit down..." (could I really love someone who felt that way!??) anyway he drunk texted me the other night first time I had heard from him in months.... saying when were they next coming over here. that he loves them now... blah blah blah.
    Probably means he's been rocking out to Alive Even Flow Betterman or Daughter... but still I didn;t even get that! In the future I definitely think I need a PJ man.

The real test would be if he sings along to a song like Present Tense or Given to Fly. In Vancouver, I felt like I was the only one who knew the words to Present Tense in my immediate surroundings. What a shame considering its one of their masterpieces.

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • thefin190 wrote:
    Have seen this thread before but never really looked at it.... have always thought it would be great to be with someone who gets it though.

The real test would be if he sings along to a song like Present Tense or Given to Fly. In Vancouver, I felt like I was the only one who knew the words to Present Tense in my immediate surroundings. What a shame considering its one of their masterpieces.

The real test, if you can sing along to Sweet Lew. :) The other two are real easy to sing along to.
    09-22-1996 Toledo, Ohio
    08-18-1998 East Lansing, Michigan
    10-07-2000 Auburn Hills, Michigan
    04-23-2003 Champaign, Illinois
    06-26-2003 Clarkston, Michigan
    05-22-2006 Auburn Hills, Michigan
    06-26-2011 Detroit, Michigan - Eddie Vedder

Power high, Power low. You can take em all to school
    You can fly, wilt the stilt had nothing on you
    lambchops and afro do, milwaukee bucks and a BBQ
    #33 just like you
    Sweet Lew, how could you?
    Sweet Lew, making me blue

:lol::lol:;)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • may just have been an attempt to get me to text back ... I doubt he'd be able to name them let alone sing them
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Pamela0222 wrote:
    #33 just like you

Well I am surprised were you able to do that from memory or did you have to look it up? :)
    09-22-1996 Toledo, Ohio

All memory my friend.... this song always makes me smile!!!
  • Pamela0222 wrote:

It's a shame there are no women that live around me that would know all the words. :) I always figured that I was about the only one who like to sing along with it :)
    09-22-1996 Toledo, Ohio

• There seems to be a serious lack of posts from people in the Seattle area. 35 year old male who lives in Edmonds. Personal references my be sought from thefixer9, derbydave, A satellite forever orbiting, and I'm sure there's a few others too. My interests include: Pearl Jam, posters/album artwork, Star Anna & The Laughing Dogs, good times and good people, etc. :D
  • Pamela0222 wrote:
    Impressive...I don't even know Sweet Lew (I don't like it, but that's neither here nor there). You'll make a man happy one day.

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • thefin190 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Impressive...I don't even know Sweet Lew (I don't like it, but that's neither here nor there). You'll make a man happy one day.

How can you not like Sweet Lew
    09-22-1996 Toledo, Ohio

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    #33 just like you

This girl is a keeper ;)
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I love me some Sweet Lew....But, I am big basketball fan...

Jeremy
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    #33 just like you

This girl is a keeper ;)

You know it!!!!!!!!
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    #33 just like you

This girl is a keeper ;)

You know it!!!!!!!!

I'll second that and I have more, she's into vinyl as well. She's the real deal guys. Now it's time for a pick line "um Pam are you from Tennessee because you're the only 10 I see :D
  • Echoes 001 wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

How can you not like Sweet Lew

It's just...Sweet Lew.

Dirty Frank >>>>> Sweet Lew

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • Echoes 001 wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:
    Have seen this thread before but never really looked at it.... have always thought it would be great to be with someone who gets it though.

The real test, if you can sing along to Sweet Lew. :) The other two are real easy to sing along to.

Or Yellow Ledbetter...
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    #33 just like you

Echoes 001 said "sing along", not type along... :P :P :P :P
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Well I was singing while typing.

:lol:

• Or Yellow Ledbetter...

But does anyone know the words to it? I don't think Ed even does

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:

Couldn't agree with you more!
    It just helps if they get it...
    67024_10151295353435766_1894726492_n.jpg
    Becki
    i understand what you saying..but never say never..cos you never know what a man can do for the woman is in love..and learn about pj is one of the most easy to do...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ahhh... but not all men are as wonderful as you dimitri
  • B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
    Can't believe I just noticed this thread now, I should have been on this a while back! I have some catching up to do
  • Pamela0222 wrote:
    Well I was singing while typing.

:lol:

Well unfortunately we couldn't hear you :lol: you weren't loud enough :)
    09-22-1996 Toledo, Ohio