Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i comPLETELY see your point!

yeh thought so.. :)

cool site though, hope some people have some luck with it.. or if not.. score a closer 10c seat at an upcoming gig ;)
    wah
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    yeh thought so.. :)

cool site though, hope some people have some luck with it.. or if not.. score a closer 10c seat at an upcoming gig ;)

Keep in mind not ALL Pearl Jam dudes are the way you think! There are some AMAZING ones around!!! ;) The chicks.......im not sure. jk :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    On the other hand, I also feel at times like I'm "lacking a purpose" since I'm not married.

DUDE don't feel this way!!!

please, wtf is the "purpose" of married people? do you think they're some kind of super heros doing wonderful deeds for the world? hells no...statistically married people do way less for their communities than single people and CONSUME way more for themselves (ever notice when a friend gets married, they suddenly need all new expensive stuff? is that a "purpose" to life?)
  • Options
    Poor kid! LOL I still remember a funny situation I was in years ago. I was working at some historic fort thing in the summer when I was like 14, and I saw this woman walking towards the Men's bathroom (it wasn't marked that well). So I yelled "Excuse me Maam, that's the Men's Room". She turned around and yelled back "Maam!? Do I really look like a Maam?" I just said I didn't want to assume it was Mrs!

oh god I hate being called maam!!! that's what you call old ladies!!! I'd prefer miss or "hey you!"
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    CityMouse wrote:

please, wtf is the "purpose" of married people? do you think they're some kind of super heros doing wonderful deeds for the world? hells no...statistically married people do way less for their communities than single people and CONSUME way more for themselves (ever notice when a friend gets married, they suddenly need all new expensive stuff? is that a "purpose" to life?)

I agree with you completely. I'm not against marraige but I don't care whether I ever get married or not - it's not some goal I have. People are always giving me a hard time about this, as if being single is the worst thing that can happen to you. It's a good thing I don't buy into their crap!
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Keep in mind not ALL Pearl Jam dudes are the way you think! There are some AMAZING ones around!!! ;) The chicks.......im not sure. jk :D
    Wish that I could run into the AMAZING ones. No luck yet.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    CityMouse wrote:
    oh god I hate being called maam!!! that's what you call old ladies!!! I'd prefer miss or "hey you!"

LOL, yes I learned my lesson then! I've avoided using that word since. LOL
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:

I don’t necessarily think that married people have “greater purpose” in the way you’re describing. I don’t think being married makes you a “better person” either. By lacking purpose in my life I guess I mean I’d like to find someone to share my life with, and have kids. Sure being single can kick ass when it comes to doing things just for YOU as opposed to having to get permission to do shit or trying to convince someone else that your “allowed” to do what you want to, but it can also suck being alone. When I’m sitting in my boxers watching football and drinking beer all day Sunday or working on a car being married is the last thing I’d wanna do, but there’s times when I think otherwise. It would be nice to have someone to go out to dinner with, travel with, etc.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I don’t necessarily think that married people have “greater purpose” in the way you’re describing. I don’t think being married makes you a “better person” either. By lacking purpose in my life I guess I mean I’d like to find someone to share my life with, and have kids. Sure being single can kick ass when it comes to doing things just for YOU as opposed to having to get permission to do shit or trying to convince someone else that your “allowed” to do what you want to, but it can also suck being alone. When I’m sitting in my boxers watching football and drinking beer all day Sunday or working on a car being married is the last thing I’d wanna do, but there’s times when I think otherwise. It would be nice to have someone to go out to dinner with, travel with, etc.

well, keep in mind that you can have kids without being married, and you can share your life with many many people-you can share with MORE people by not being married :).
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Trust me saying I'm divorced isn't high on my list of lifes acheivements...but I can't change it. I do believe I'm better off now, and a few choice friends have helped me realize that.;)
    Only ed shows I'm going to are toronto...and I'm extreamly excited to go!
    Oh bummer, wrong province of Canada...I could have been your rebound guy! j/k ;)

Oh well...enjoy the show. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Keep in mind not ALL Pearl Jam dudes are the way you think! There are some AMAZING ones around!!! ;)
    ahhh thanks SEN :D
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191

Interesting...

Just curious, why is being married the last you want when you are watching the game and having some beers, or working on a car?
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    ariel wrote:
    Interesting...

Just curious, why is being married the last you want when you are watching the game and having some beers, or working on a car?

Man behavior that is lazy and unproductive (watching football) or expensive and time consuming (car). That is, unless I can find a woman that loves football and cars.....
  • Options
    Man behavior that is lazy and unproductive (football) or expensive and time consuming (car). That is, unless I can find a woman that loves football and cars.....

They don't need to love football or cars to be okay with that stuff...find one with equally unproductive and time consuming hobbies ;)

for example: I like the football and beer thing, but I also adore looking at and adding to my shoe collection. Women can be completely useless and unproductive too...just make sure the stuff that needs to get done, gets done!
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    CityMouse wrote:

Wow GreenTea, I see you're still the same old bitter person but with a cuter name this time ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    ariel wrote:
    They don't need to love football or cars to be okay with that stuff...find one with equally unproductive and time consuming hobbies ;)

for example: I like the football and beer thing, but I also adore looking at and adding to my shoe collection. Women can be completely useless and unproductive too...just make sure the stuff that needs to get done, gets done!

True, I'm hoping I can adopt a "see no evil hear, no evil" policy for getting away with playing with cars if I don't ask questions about shoes or clothes, and I surrender the decorating rights to the house! LOL ;)
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    ariel wrote:

I like you. one of my biggest pet peeves is girls who feel they need to partake in everything I enjoy (music, sports, etc.). i enjoy doing those things. you dont have to force yourself/pretend to do the same. we may become a couple, but we wont be sharing a brain.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    I like you. one of my biggest pet peeves is girls who feel they need to partake in everything I enjoy (music, sports, etc.). i enjoy doing those things. you dont have to force yourself/pretend to do the same. we may become a couple, but we wont be sharing a brain.

Bingo. I love having lots of things in common with a person I'm with, but I also love knowing nothing about some things they like. It makes for great and varied conversation, and more importantly, some time apart. I'd love to be able to take someone places that I've been and bore them to tears about what interests me about certain rock formations and old buildings, and I fully expect to have to feign interest in or openly mock things they like :)
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Wow GreenTea, I see you're still the same old bitter person but with a cuter name this time ;)..

er I'm not greentea nor am I bitter.
    I'm the opposite of bitter. I don't know what that is-sweet?
    isn't bitter hating other people because you hate yourself?
    I don't see how encouraging people to be happy with themselves/their lives could be called "bitter."
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    er I'm not greentea nor am I bitter.
    I'm the opposite of bitter. I don't know what that is-sweet?
    isn't bitter hating other people because you hate yourself?
    I don't see how encouraging people to be happy with themselves/their lives could be called "bitter."

You shit on married people every opportunity you get and you always have. It'll only be a matter of time till you snap again and will be forced to sign up with yet another different name. How many usernames are you on? I know of at least 3 ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    The Champ wrote:
    You shit on married people every opportunity you get and you always have. It'll only be a matter of time till you snap again and will be forced to sign up with yet another different name. How many usernames are you on? I know of at least 3 ;)..

I can't help but laugh, that's good shit right there!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    HMMMMM.....Interesting.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    lol. they fight like a married couple. :p

whatever happened to Ms. GTD? hehe...
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    lol. they fight like a married couple. :p

whatever happened to Ms. GTD? hehe...

she took a turn into a phone booth and turned into a mouse.....

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    that CityMouse person is posting 32 posts per day. :eek:
    gonna break a thousand in less than a month. :p
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

lol..and I hope you get your tickets to paradise..keep that chin up ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    that CityMouse person is posting 32 posts per day. :eek:
    gonna break a thousand in less than a month. :p

Well, she has a lot of making up to do ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    PJPixie wrote:

I smell a rat!!!!!!!!

:p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    I smell a rat!!!!!!!!

ha hahaha, that was good lizard. I needed that laugh this morning :)

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Lizard wrote:
    I smell a rat!!!!!!!!

its nice to see you in the dating thread!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!