Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    demetrios wrote:
    i'm still looking for the right woman in my life. if there's a lovely lady in the halifax area (who's into the music of pearl jam), and would like to hang out; & get to know one another, pm me! :)

Oh and she has to have DVD Decrypter and DVD Drive.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Oh and she has to have DVD Decrypter and DVD Drive.

better believe it. that would be my first question i will ask her on our first date! :p

lol
  • Options
    hewyhewy Posts: 140
    looks like http://pjsingles.ning.com has reached it's plateau
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    hewy wrote:
    any hook ups yet? ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    hewy wrote:

I know. It seems like all the die hard Pearl Jam fans are old and married. And I don't have anything wrong with 40 year old woman, but they have more in common with my Mom than me.... pj fan or not :O
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    hewy wrote:

Yeah, I think it has. :(
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    any hook ups yet? ;)

nope. think i will have to move out of this small town to find my love.
  • Options
    *edit
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    bruce wrote:
    I know. It seems like all the die hard Pearl Jam fans are old and married. And I don't have anything wrong with 40 year old woman, but they have more in common with my Mom than me.... pj fan or not :O

what old and married no way!!!! I take offense!!! I'll never be either!!! :).

I'm as die hard as they come, 30 (often mistaken for about 24), and definitely, definitely not married!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Count me in soon!
    Getting divorced...
    27 and female:)

Don't take this the wrong way but 27 and getting divorced already? Dam
  • Options

I can't even image being married before 27...

but I know someone's who's 32 and on divorce #2.
  • Options
    We were together for 10 yrs married for 6 of those...he became addicted to drugs and cheated.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:

but I know someone's who's 32 and on divorce #2.

That's just fucked up IMO.
    We were together for 10 yrs married for 6 of those...he became addicted to drugs and cheated.

Sorry to hear.
  • Options

Sorry to hear.

well, I used to feel bad for her, but then I found out reasons she got married both times...

it wasn't a mutual love for pearl jam I can say that...sort of reminds me more of a thread currently going on in the AET forum.
  • Options

Sorry to hear.
    Its not the way I planned it...but I think it's for the best now.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    well, I used to feel bad for her, but then I found out reasons she got married both times...

it wasn't a mutual love for pearl jam I can say that...sort of reminds me more of a thread currently going on in the AET forum.

Ahhhh ok. I'm on here way to much cause I think I know which thread you mean. lol

You have to do what is best, I understand.
  • Options

it's got to be pretty cool to have been there done that with the whole marriage thing at such a young age. I think it would be pretty awesome not to have to think about it already at age 27. It sucks never having been married as you enter your 30s because everyone expects you to soon.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    it's got to be pretty cool to have been there done that with the whole marriage thing at such a young age. I think it would be pretty awesome not to have to think about it already at age 27. It sucks never having been married as you enter your 30s because everyone expects you to soon.
    In a sense it gives u a bit of a carefree feeling about where ur life will take you. It also puts a lot less pressure on dating.( But then again I'm new to all of this, so in a years time I could be bitching about being alone!)
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:

Everyone I know is married or getting married soon. I'm hitting the 30 mark this Saturday and I just don't see it happening to me for a very long time. lol
  • Options
    In a sense it gives u a bit of a carefree feeling about where ur life will take you. It also puts a lot less pressure on dating.( But then again I'm new to all of this, so in a years time I could be bitching about being alone!)

no no no you won't be!
    I love the quote "better to be alone than to wish you were"
    you're not "alone" though- I assume you've got some friends or family members, so you're never alone

seriously, relationships are just meant to be something extra...a luxury and not a necessity if you will. But there are plenty of other luxuries too! You'll be fine I'm sure :). good luck.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:

I agree with you whole-heartedly there - who dreads the holidays with family? I DO!!
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    no no no you won't be!
    I love the quote "better to be alone than to wish you were"
    you're not "alone" though- I assume you've got some friends or family members, so you're never alone

seriously, relationships are just meant to be something extra...a luxury and not a necessity if you will. But there are plenty of other luxuries too! You'll be fine I'm sure :). good luck.
    Thank you:)
  • Options
    I agree with you whole-heartedly there - who dreads the holidays with family? I DO!!

Oh I so can't stand that too. I feel the odd one now. lol
  • Options
    Everyone I know is married or getting married soon. I'm hitting the 30 mark this Saturday and I just don't see it happening to me for a very long time. lol

yeah my college friends have held out for a while but they're starting to drop like flies too. But it's total insanity!!! One of my friends wants to break up with the guy she LOVES just because they've been together less than a year and he hasn't mentioned marriage. I mean is just me or is that insane! if you love someone you don't break up with them!!! and then my other friend keeps trying to get me to get back together with my ex so we can get married...I'm like "but I don't want to marry him" and they're like "but he's a good guy" and I'm like yeah but I never wanted to MARRY him! And it's all about age...one night we were talking about a couple we know and the guy was looking at a job in NY and the girl works in boston and I was like "well NY to boston is a doable weekend trip" and my two friends were like horrified! they were like "omg, CityMouse, they're like 34!!!! they can't be trying these types of things at this point." It's insanity I tell you!!!

I think people just want to be married, they don't want to marry a specific person. I'm still a kid, I don't want to have wonder if every guy I meet from now on I'm going to have to marry him. I just want to chill and listen to rock music and maybe some day I'll meet someone who's cool enough to accept that and if not it doesn't matter!

oh and to add- I was hanging out at a cook out my friends who are total PJ fans btw were having and they have kids and everyone else there was married and had kids and I got the feeling they felt bad for me and I can't imagine why they would feel bad! I'm so much cooler than them, lol.

Hahahaha sorry...the 30s can be stressful...
  • Options
    Oh I so can't stand that too. I feel the odd one now. lol

My favorite quote from Xmas '07 was: "You don't want to be BARREN when you finally get married, do you??"

What is my life, a Charles Dickens novel? Barren? LOL! :)
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    I can't even image being married before 27...

getting married before 27 isn't a bad thing, though i really doubt that will happen with me... but i think it's having kids is what really ties a person down... my folks had me when they are 18 and 19... i would shit my self if i had a kid now and i am 23

• Options
    My favorite quote from Xmas '07 was: "You don't want to be BARREN when you finally get married, do you??"

What is my life, a Charles Dickens novel? Barren? LOL! :)

hahahaha that's hilarious!!
    seriously, marriage just happens or it doesn't...it's not like a goal. do these people expect us to just walk out to the street and grab the next person who walks by so we won't be single in our 30s? because being married to some random person would be sooo much better.
  • Options
    bruce wrote:
    getting married before 27 isn't a bad thing, though i really doubt that will happen with me... but i think it's having kids is what really ties a person down... my folks had me when they are 18 and 19... i would shit my self if i had a kid now and i am 23

wait til you see how young you feel when you're 27...
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    wait til you see how young you feel when you're 27...
    as long as i keep my baby face they keep IDing me all over the bar, then maybe.