Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    CityMouse wrote:
    yeah my college friends have held out for a while but they're starting to drop like flies too. But it's total insanity!!! One of my friends wants to break up with the guy she LOVES just because they've been together less than a year and he hasn't mentioned marriage. I mean is just me or is that insane! if you love someone you don't break up with them!!! and then my other friend keeps trying to get me to get back together with my ex so we can get married...I'm like "but I don't want to marry him" and they're like "but he's a good guy" and I'm like yeah but I never wanted to MARRY him! And it's all about age...one night we were talking about a couple we know and the guy was looking at a job in NY and the girl works in boston and I was like "well NY to boston is a doable weekend trip" and my two friends were like horrified! they were like "omg, CityMouse, they're like 34!!!! they can't be trying these types of things at this point." It's insanity I tell you!!!

I think people just want to be married, they don't want to marry a specific person. I'm still a kid, I don't want to have wonder if every guy I meet from now on I'm going to have to marry him. I just want to chill and listen to rock music and maybe some day I'll meet someone who's cool enough to accept that and if not it doesn't matter!

oh and to add- I was hanging out at a cook out my friends who are total PJ fans btw were having and they have kids and everyone else there was married and had kids and I got the feeling they felt bad for me and I can't imagine why they would feel bad! I'm so much cooler than them, lol.

Hahahaha sorry...the 30s can be stressful...

Yea I'm getting ready to welcome the 30's this saturday. lol
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    hahahaha that's hilarious!!
    seriously, marriage just happens or it doesn't...it's not like a goal. do these people expect us to just walk out to the street and grab the next person who walks by so we won't be single in our 30s? because being married to some random person would be sooo much better.

I'm with you; I'll take walking around and still decently cute over 'random person' any day of the week !! :)
  • Options
    bruce wrote:
    as long as i keep my baby face they keep IDing me all over the bar, then maybe.

Auuuuugh I went to the Sox game at Safeco last Monday and the kid at the beer stand didn't card me. I yelled at him.

/sorry, beer stand kid.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Yeah, I'm turning 28 in a month, and it's a damn wierd feeling getting yet another wedding invititation in the mail, or having to end a phone call because a friend has to chase down a 2 year old kid!

I think our generation is stuck in the middle of a BIG TRANSITION in the way that society views marriage too. There's still the conventional pressure to be married as soon as possible, but there's also a MUCH higher failure rate for marriage, and that's coupled with the fact that it's getting a divorce is no longer shunned by society. I think sometime soon, people will be celebrating 30 yr. Anniversaries the same way we look at 50 years! I can think of LOTS of "do it for the kids" marriages that just ended after 18 or 20 years. The kids are out of the house, and it's time to call it done.

I just cringe everytime I hear about people that get married IMMEDIATELY after college too. It's such a big change in your life, and people either mature, or they don't when they're faced with REAL responsibility for the first time. Our parents didn't have time to fuck around and be irresponsible when they were in their 20's, if they got hitched right after college they had to get a job, buy a house, and raise kids. We've been utterly spoiled by having so much time to live for our own selfish intentions. Then one day, it's all over. No more getting drunk and/or stoned half the week, living off of next to nothing, and blowing off class. You gotta get out there and get a job and get your shit together. I think LOTS of these early divorces are attributed to that. One side just isn't prepared to make that change, and they make some big mistakes because of it.

I kinda feel like I'm missing out on something because I'm not married yet, and other times (like spending $565 in concert tickets this summer for 3 PJ shows, an EV show, and Lollapalooza) I REALLY enjoy my freedom. There's lots of shit my married friends just can't do anymore without considering their spouse, their joint financial responsibilities, or their family. On the other hand, I also feel at times like I'm "lacking a purpose" since I'm not married. Ultimately, soo many decissions I make in the future will hinge on all of that.

Oh well, it's nothing I can change right now though. I'm gonna focus on my "single guy mission" of finding a new project car to play with that will drain most of my surplus financial resources. :p I'm hoping I can make take a "me and the car are a package deal" stand when I am ready to get married! LOL Is it legal to put that in a pre-nup?
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I'm with you; I'll take walking around and still decently cute over 'random person' any day of the week !! :)

Poor kid! LOL I still remember a funny situation I was in years ago. I was working at some historic fort thing in the summer when I was like 14, and I saw this woman walking towards the Men's bathroom (it wasn't marked that well). So I yelled "Excuse me Maam, that's the Men's Room". She turned around and yelled back "Maam!? Do I really look like a Maam?" I just said I didn't want to assume it was Mrs!
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    bruce wrote:
    getting married before 27 isn't a bad thing, though i really doubt that will happen with me... but i think it's having kids is what really ties a person down... my folks had me when they are 18 and 19... i would shit my self if i had a kid now and i am 23

Yeah, coming from the perspective of a person who's parents divorced when I was 17 and I was WELL AWARE of what was happening and why, I place will place MUCH GREATER emphasis on being a parent then I will on being a husband. You can't divorce your kids. I also won't stay in a marriage to "stay together for the kid's sake". In hindsight the more and more I looked back at my parents relationship, and talked to my Mom about it openly, I realized that they really did show signs of divorce early on. In one of the few times my Dad and I spoke frankly about it, he said "I would've walked out the door a long time ago, but I couldn't walk past your crib." I can understand that fear of "what if I lose my kids and they don't want anything to do with me?", but I also think it's stupid to make yourself and potentially your kids miserable by staying together. Fuck that. If things ever get to that point for me, I'll call it quits and I'll make sure that I'm a good father and do my best to presurve the relationship I have with my kids.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Count me in soon!
    Getting divorced...
    27 and female:)
    Gurrrreat!
    that's what every man wants to hear....

...that he's gonna be the rebound guy. j/k :p
    We were together for 10 yrs married for 6 of those...he became addicted to drugs and cheated.
    Sucks that happened, he messed up but you're better off now. :)

BTW, are you attending Ed's Montreal shows? ;):p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    SamuleSamule Posts: 3,231
    LongRd. wrote:
    Gurrrreat!

...that he's gonna be the rebound guy. j/k

Sucks that happened, he messed up but you're better off now.
    So you arn't Jenny :eek: :p

how's this dating service work?
    i'm 20 live in aus and mighty fine :p i'm a dude too..
  • Options
    Samule wrote:
    So you arn't Jenny :eek: :p

how's this dating service work?
    i'm 20 live in aus and mighty fine :p i'm a dude too..
    Haha! You didn't get the 867-5309 joke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqUPApCUt90
  • Options
    SamuleSamule Posts: 3,231
    LongRd. wrote:
    Haha! You didn't get the 867-5309 joke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqUPApCUt90
    haha nope, never heard that song.
    i knew you made it up but didn't know there was a reasoning behind it.
  • Options
    Samule wrote:
    haha nope, never heard that song.
    i knew you made it up but didn't know there was a reasoning behind it.
    haha....just be glad it was online and not at a club or a bar. ;)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    LongRd. wrote:
    haha....just be glad it was online and not at a club or a bar. ;)

why have u not joined the pearl jam singles site??!!!! im about to hook people up!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    why have u not joined the pearl jam singles site??!!!! im about to hook people up!!!!
    Cuz online dating is creepy! :eek:
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    SENROCK! wrote:

who am i hooking up with? :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Cuz online dating is creepy! :eek:
    um.....its just a way to meet other pearl jam fans and if u get along well enough, u can meet in person and who knows? maybe you'll have a permanent date for nexxxt tour. But hey......suit yourself!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

not LongRoad...
    What a creep ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options

ure not on there are you?! Ive been busy but trust me, i view everyone there and ive got some people in mind that mesh well it seems so hookin up shall begin. ;)

• Options
    hahahaaa

vedder_soup good call ;)

no sen, pants is steering clear of that site :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    hahahaaa

vedder_soup good call ;)

no sen, pants is steering clear of that site :eek:

and why? give me 5 good reasons.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

1. because
    2. pants
    3. doesn't
    4. do
    5. jammers

:eek:
    wah
  • Options
    1. because
    2. pants
    3. doesn't
    4. do
    5. jammers

:eek:

hmmm.......those arent 5. Arent u into rob thomas?

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hmmm.......those arent 5. Arent u into rob thomas?

OOH Snap! :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    LongRd. wrote:
    Gurrrreat!

...that he's gonna be the rebound guy. j/k :p

Sucks that happened, he messed up but you're better off now. :)

Trust me saying I'm divorced isn't high on my list of lifes acheivements...but I can't change it. I do believe I'm better off now, and a few choice friends have helped me realize that.;)
    Only ed shows I'm going to are toronto...and I'm extreamly excited to go!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    OOH Snap! :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA it wasnt a dis!!! I was gonna say maybe i'll find her a thomas guy...

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA it wasnt a dis!!! I was gonna say maybe i'll find her a thomas guy...

When Pants gets lippy, I always make a nice Rob Thomas comment to bring her back down to earth :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

That dumb ass is almost as bad as Nickleback or DMB...... OVERATED!
  • Options
    That dumb ass is almost as bad as Nickleback or DMB...... OVERATED!

awww come on be nice. pants is cool so we dont want to make her madd!!!!

• Options
    Sorry, I'm just not a Rob Thomas fan. He's talented, but everything he does sounds the same IMO and it's really predictable.....
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

i guess the above posts now explain that :)

didn't take long for me to realise most pearl jam fans are narrow-minded (don't bag me, for i've become this way too in many ways ;))

it's just annoying to have music that means something to you being bagged..

:)
    wah
  • Options
    i guess the above posts now explain that :)

didn't take long for me to realise most pearl jam fans are narrow-minded (don't bag me, for i've become this way too in many ways ;))

it's just annoying to have music that means something to you being bagged..

:)

i comPLETELY see your point!