Options

Pearl Jam Plans To Let New Songs 'Grow Up' (Billboard.com) Bonnaroo, bootlegs, etc!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Pegasus wrote:
    :confused:
    Parachutes is a complete Beatles rip-off and the Beatles pretty much created Pop!

I agree about the Beatles influence and the fact that they basically created Pop music, but not everything they did was pop...

I guess we just have different opinions as to what pop music is...

To me pop music is kind of like another way of saying "radio-friendly", if you will...

...and in my eyes "Parachutes" is the furthest thing from that : )

that is all...
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I agree about the Beatles influence and the fact that they basically created Pop music, but not everything they did was pop...

I guess we just have different opinions as to what pop music is...

To me pop music is kind of like another way of saying "radio-friendly", if you will...

...and in my eyes "Parachutes" is the furthest thing from that : )

that is all...

Good call! The Beatles early stuff was pop...however Parachutes has a late mid to late Beatles feel to it.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Wicked new..boots, Matt in the New Orleans tent, and Jack White mentioned by Mike. I'm doubting Jack will play with them, but if he does man this is going to be awesome!
  • Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    prince119 wrote:
    I know that it is a matter of opinion, but I think Jack White is part of EVERYTHING that is wrong with music at the moment.

Maybe a night with the best band in the world will shake him a bit.

Not liking him is one thing, but I don't really understand how anyone could consider him part of everything wrong with him. He writes and sings his own songs, and performs them live often; that alone disqualifies him from being the scourge of music these days.
  • Options
    tenforthewintenforthewin Posts: 177
    Quick question, in the past when they have provided boots, do they include any banter/rants/talking between songs. Or is it just the songs themselves. I would hope all the chatter is included, some of it can be priceless.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    Quick question, in the past when they have provided boots, do they include any banter/rants/talking between songs. Or is it just the songs themselves. I would hope all the chatter is included, some of it can be priceless.

From the boots I have, it seems like they leave everything intact.
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    digster wrote:
    Not liking him is one thing, but I don't really understand how anyone could consider him part of everything wrong with him. He writes and sings his own songs, and performs them live often; that alone disqualifies him from being the scourge of music these days.

Maybe EVERYTHING is a bad choice of wording since he does play and write his own stuff.

I guess my dislike stems from my feeling that between he and Toby Keith, I "believe" Toby Keith more.

AND I HATE TOBY KEITH.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    cool article! Thanks!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥