Bands With *Non-deceased Members You'll Pay Big $ to see Reunite

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    LongRd. wrote:
    MLB? Can't be done, Andy's deceased, darling. ;)

well i know:(
    but i can wish:);)
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    SENROCK! wrote:
    color me badd.
    yes im serious! :D

I admire you Senrock! You might be the least pretentious person on this board.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Guns n Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Soundgarden
    Temple of the Dog
    Green River
    Screaming Trees
    Sleater-Kinney
    Ben Folds Five
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Nice. I'll add Godspeed You! Black Emperor and agree with Blink 182... I don't think Pink Floyd and/or Zeppelin would really be worth that much money to see because although they were most likely phenomenal back in the day, they probably wouldn't be so much nowadays, but since people are willing to pay anything to see them, they'd definitely say they were phenomenal because they feel obligated to... since they paid so much money and all.
    I'm loving the fact that at least 2 people have said GY!BE besides me. We should start a petition. My life really won't be complete until I seem them live. A Silver Mt Zion just isn't the same.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm loving the fact that at least 2 people have said GY!BE besides me. We should start a petition. My life really won't be complete until I seem them live. A Silver Mt Zion just isn't the same.

I don't think the 10 signatures we could collect would make a big difference.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    gleemonex wrote:
    I don't think the 10 signatures we could collect would make a big difference.
    It might. IT MIGHT!!!!

:o

I am getting the Slow Riot EP cover as a tattoo soon. As soon as the damn thing arrives in the post actually. I have no printer to take the design in :p I SO want to see them live.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I've heard GY!BE were phenomenal live... like they improvised full orchestra/band sort of shit... now that would just be a total mind fuck.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    The Misfits
    Jackson 5
    Van Halen
    Black Flag (Henry Rollins version)
    GNR

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    jamie uk wrote:
    Classic Rainbow, with Dio and Blackmore :)

Deep Purple w/ Blackmore. Nice
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

I've heard GY!BE were phenomenal live... like they improvised full orchestra/band sort of shit... now that would just be a total mind fuck.
    For maybe a year and a half they have been my absolute favourite band and it is to my eternal sadness that they went on hiatus before I ever listened to them. I can only imagine what hearing Storm or Moya live would be like.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Citizen Dick
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    The Tea Party
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I can only imagine what hearing Storm or Moya live would be like.

it was (and will be again someday - in my hopeful and optimistic opinion) freakin incredible ;)

I counted 4 votes for GYBE in this thread.......not sure if thats enough to get the reunion tour rolling or not
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    jamie uk wrote:
    Classic Rainbow, with Dio and Blackmore :)

that would be great... but Cozy Powell died...otherwise i would be in for that Too!!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    Soundgarden
    Concrete Blonde
    Temple of the dog
    Screaming Trees
    Primus
    Green River
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • Creedence clearwater revival
    "one good thing about music when it hits you feel no pain" Robert "nesta" Marley
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    At The Drive-In
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Creedence clearwater revival
    Tom Fogerty is dead.....so this one doesn't meet the "non-deceased" members rule. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NYbenben wrote:
    that would be great... but Cozy Powell died...otherwise i would be in for that Too!!
    :o:o:o
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    I would be ecstatic about the classic Genesis lineup. The amount of talent in the band is staggering:

Peter Gabriel - his ability is beyond dispute, one of the few singers that I feel comfortable actually calling an "artist"
    Phil Collins - love him or hate him, the man is a fantastic drummer with an impeccable sense of melody (and his voice ain't bad, either)
    Tony Banks - terrific songwriter and the best (imo) of the 'prog' piano/organ/keyboard players
    Mike Rutherford - dude could play some bass (check out Fountain of Salamacis on youtube)
    Steve Hackett - an undisputed guitar genius, the "X Factor" in the band and, tragically, the most overlooked - his solo stuff is very high quality

I find it mind-blowing that these 5 guys were actually in a band together (and that their band constantly gets made fun of!)

Seriously, I would pay a LOT of money to see them reunite (or at least to get a concert cd or dvd)

And to completely go off the deep end in terms of unrealistic fantasy: Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    wow I am old..i have seen a fair# of these bands.

for me
    Kyuss
    Refused
    Tad
    Big Black
    Talking Heads
    5ive Style
  • The REAL Guns N Roses
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Soundgarden
    Gangstarr
    Kyuss
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    another vote for GY!BE...

and id love to see a full Juniper show

(what BellX1 & Damien Rice were called when he was in the group). the catalogue was a good mix of heavier Rice tracks, and more fucked up BellX1 tracks with Damo singing....
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    JordyWordy wrote:
    another vote for GY!BE...

and id love to see a full Juniper show

(what BellX1 & Damien Rice were called when he was in the group). the catalogue was a good mix of heavier Rice tracks, and more fucked up BellX1 tracks with Damo singing....

Where can one hear these songs?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm sorry but Blink 182 sucks so bad live. Save your money. It was one of the WORST shows I have ever been to. We did get to meet Mark before the show though. The tour bus came to the front of the Pavilion this time which was cool. I went to the show cause my friend was a huge fan, and he needed a friend to go with so I said "alright" Worst 26 bucks I ever spent. It didn't help that I had a crowd surfer kick me in the back on the head during "Damnit." Really really BAD show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    tybird wrote:
    Tom Fogerty is dead.....so this one doesn't meet the "non-deceased" members rule. :(
    not just rule but it's the fact of life. only got video and footage live on by but not actual reunion.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009